PDA

View Full Version : Bison vs Jacks - Part Deaux

rabidrabbit
02-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Come on Bison fans, no WBB fans here?

Jacks coming into Fargo, 7-1 in the 2nd half of the league season, looking for another W to build into the Summit Tourney. SDSU features #2 and #3 3 point shooters in school history.

What's up for the Bison?

Hope to see BSA filled with the largest crowd of the season to get both teams ready for the tourney atmosphere.

GO BIG!
GO BLUE!
GO JACKS!!!!!

Elephants Dream?
02-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Jacks coming into Fargo, 7-1 in the 2nd half of the league season, looking for another W to build into the Summit Tourney. SDSU features #2 and #3 3 point shooters in school history.

What's up for the Bison?

Hope to see BSA filled with the largest crowd of the season to get both teams ready for the tourney atmosphere.

Here's my 2 cents RR;
There will be a fairly small crowd cuz most Bison don't care about the WBB team. There is a core of about 400 of us for most games, though it will swell somewhat for the Jacks game.
Attendance will NOT be like the December game in Frost. (I was there.)
If you sit behind your bench you will have the section to yourselves because students don't attend WBB games here.
Bison fans will go to the Friday game even though the men are lower ranked than the women. You've seen the total lack of messages on this board about seeding, or even a mention of the upcoming tourney.
Bison fans don't know or care about your #2 & #3 shooters.
Hell, they wouldn't know/care if three of your players toppled over, dead!
They don't even care when one of our team makes the PoW honor or is named Summit Female Athlete of the Month.
Unfortunately, RR, you need to dial-back your expectations about a WBB game in Fargo. Sad, very sad, but true.

Mr. Burgundy
02-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Here's my 2 cents RR;
There will be a fairly small crowd cuz most Bison don't care about the WBB team. There is a core of about 400 of us for most games, though it will swell somewhat for the Jacks game.
Attendance will NOT be like the December game in Frost. (I was there.)
If you sit behind your bench you will have the section to yourselves because students don't attend WBB games here.
Bison fans will go to the Friday game even though the men are lower ranked than the women. You've seen the total lack of messages on this board about seeding, or even a mention of the upcoming tourney.
Bison fans don't know or care about your #2 & #3 shooters.
Hell, they wouldn't know/care if three of your players toppled over, dead!
They don't even care when one of our team makes the PoW honor or is named Summit Female Athlete of the Month.
Unfortunately, RR, you need to dial-back your expectations about a WBB game in Fargo. Sad, very sad, but true.

so who is to blame about the fan apathy?

tjbison
02-26-2011, 03:01 PM
I admit I'm one that really doesn't get hyped about Womens sports, but its not just NDSU its everywhere overall.

I do follow the VB team though.

The Lost Dutchman
02-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Lots of sound from players and Coach talking about the game,
http://740thefan.com/uploads/Megan%20Shea.mp3
http://740thefan.com/uploads/Coach%20DeHoff_1.mp3
http://740thefan.com/uploads/Whitney%20Trecker.mp3
http://740thefan.com/uploads/Abby%20Plucker_1.mp3

heckler
02-26-2011, 03:47 PM

What's up for the Bison?

GO BIG!
GO BLUE!
GO Home

Fixed it for you... but in all seriousness I hope the Bison magic continues tonight. I will see everyone there.

heckler
02-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Live from the BSA, two rivals clash on the hardwood to determine either a Bison basketball sweep or a split between two bitter rivals. Rabbits are out in full force tonight compared to the men's game. Should be an interesting match up tonight here Bison fans.

56BISON73
02-27-2011, 12:00 AM
so who is to blame about the fan apathy?

It might have something to do with the product on the floor. I went to a game this past year and it was very painful to watch.

BisBison
02-27-2011, 12:20 AM
anybody check out the live states on GoBison.com? It shows SDSU as the opponent, but uses San Diego States logo. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Bison down 17-10 11:34 left in the first half.

tjbison
02-27-2011, 12:26 AM
anybody check out the live states on GoBison.com? It shows SDSU as the opponent, but uses San Diego States logo. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Bison down 17-10 11:34 left in the first half.

should read SD TECH:D

heckler
02-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Bison down 22 to 28 at half. What a barnburner.

tjbison
02-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Bison down 22 to 28 at half. What a barnburner.

we have the same Half time score as the SDSu mens team last night:D

In case anyone from SD is wondering it was 35-22;)

BadlandsBison
02-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Gotta hand it to sdsu. They have enthusiastic women's bball fans.

DjKyRo
02-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Bison are down by a sizable amount, 44-32 as of a few minutes ago.

heckler
02-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Gotta hand it to sdsu. They have enthusiastic women's bball fans.

It's the only sdsu team that can win. Gotta cheer for something.

BisBison
02-27-2011, 01:21 AM
It's getting worse. 53-37 Jacks now. :(

BadlandsBison
02-27-2011, 01:29 AM
It's the only sdsu team that can win. Gotta cheer for something.

I wanna see some enthusiasm outa you down there

BisBison
02-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Final--Jacks 64 Bison 51.

Mr. Burgundy
02-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Did their freshman have more dunks than we had FG's at halftime?

TbonZach
02-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Did their freshman have more dunks than we had FG's at halftime?

I wish. It would have been awesome to see anyone from either team dunk.

IndyBison
02-27-2011, 11:09 PM
It might have something to do with the product on the floor. I went to a game this past year and it was very painful to watch.

When I was in school in the early 90s it was not unusual for the women to have bigger crowds than the men and the UND game was usually packed. I think it's safe to say we have a better team now than then since we've moved from DII to DI. We are definitely in a better conference. It's not just the product on the court.

56BISON73
02-27-2011, 11:49 PM
When I was in school in the early 90s it was not unusual for the women to have bigger crowds than the men and the UND game was usually packed. I think it's safe to say we have a better team now than then since we've moved from DII to DI. We are definitely in a better conference. It's not just the product on the court.

IMO that isnt safe to say. From what Ive seen of this team I dont think they could beat the old teams of D2.
Regardless of the competition you can tell if a team is good or bad. As I said---they were painful to watch.

steelbison
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
IMO that isnt safe to say. From what Ive seen of this team I dont think they could beat the old teams of D2.
Regardless of the competition you can tell if a team is good or bad. As I said---they were painful to watch.

Totally agree. No way this team is better than the teams from the glory days.

I've said this before and I will say it again. My wife is a HUGE WB fan. She doesn't even want to go to the games anymore because the product is unwatchable!!

Dutcher
02-28-2011, 02:57 PM
The debate about whether the Bison women's basketball teams of the 90s is better than the 2011 version is one that can't be won or lost. That said, the 90s version didn't have to face many teams with above average athletes. You can look pretty good, especially on the offensive side of the ball, when opponents don't have much foot speed.

tony
02-28-2011, 03:01 PM
The debate about whether the Bison women's basketball teams of the 90s is better than the 2011 version is one that can't be won or lost. That said, the 90s version didn't have to face many teams with above average athletes. You can look pretty good, especially on the offensive side of the ball, when opponents don't have much foot speed.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. If the WBB team didn't look good the day 56Bison73 saw them, it was probably had a lot more to do with the other team playing tough D than with talent level. I've seen some outstanding basketball from the WBB team this year.

rabidrabbit
02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. If the WBB team didn't look good the day 56Bison73 saw them, it was probably had a lot more to do with the other team playing tough D than with talent level. I've seen some outstanding basketball from the WBB team this year.

In comparison, the Jacks are definitely better than D-II days, even when winning a national title. Getting into the NCAA D-I play-offs, and especially getting some first round wins would not have occurred with the D-II quality teams. Bison play well, and even took it to the Jacks this season. So by extension, the Bison WBB is better than in the D-II days. Deeper, more schollie, and getting the best players in the region. Bison have come forward also.

Greenie
02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Serious question...

How much more time does DeHoff get to start producing an improving product? The other women's teams at NDSU have all been successful in DI, why can't women's bball get it going forward?

I have been frustrated with the men's team from time to time the past 2 years, but at least you can see the developing talent and the team seems to play hard almost every night, and generally the losses are in the single digits. There seems to be a solid plan here; can't say the same about the women's team.

steelbison
03-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Serious question...

How much more time does DeHoff get to start producing an improving product? The other women's teams at NDSU have all been successful in DI, why can't women's bball get it going forward?

I have been frustrated with the men's team from time to time the past 2 years, but at least you can see the developing talent and the team seems to play hard almost every night, and generally the losses are in the single digits. There seems to be a solid plan here; can't say the same about the women's team.

Totally agree!!

Back to the point of comparing teams. Name me one player that has played in the past 7-8 years that is better than

Morlock
Smykowski
Even
Steere
Schmidt

I could go on and on as that is just a start. If Div I is so much better why did we beat teams like Minnesota and Kentucky in our first couple of years of transition? Those were Div 2 recruits and actually the talent on those teams paled in comparison to the late 80's to mid 90 teams.

Sorry but I have been to a lot of WB games over the years. To say these teams are more talented in my opinion than the glory days is a joke...