PDA

View Full Version : Can NDSU's QB do this?

KTF
02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Check the arm and accuracy of this college QB. Watch the video at the top of the page. Think Brock or Jose can compete?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Tale-of-the-Tape-Alex-Tanney-vs-Johnny-Mac-in-?urn=ncaaf-324356

Jdubs21
02-23-2011, 03:33 PM
with enough tries anyone can do that, im sure it took several days to film those entire videos, still impressive though

Bison05
02-23-2011, 10:11 PM
That's frickin sweet! It reminds me of those old McDonald's commercials with Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.

You're right that he might have tried each one of those throws 1,000 times. But I don't know if either of our first quarterback could pull that off. Mohler highly doubtful, but Jensen may have the arm to do it. Might take awhile.

KTF
02-23-2011, 10:22 PM
I envision that Wentz, the AZ recruit, or Thorton might have the best shot at being able to perform some of these trick shots...

DjKyRo
02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
The bit with the basketball hoop was unreal.

BisonNolesFan77
02-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Well, at least the QB in this video actually gets meaningful playing time...more than can be said for the kid from UConn.

westnodak93bison
02-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Who cares about tricks. I'm more interested in what kind of decision making and accuracy a QB will have in game time situations.

Wally
02-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Who cares, I really want to know if he can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEJvt_g81M

CivilBison96
02-24-2011, 03:23 AM
The bit with the basketball hoop was unreal.

I personally saw Brock Huard (former University of Washington QB and backup to Payton in Indy for a few years) make 10 in a row standing under the opposite basket. It is an impressive feat as I couldn't even consistently hit the backboard 3 times in a row from that distance.

SamsRams
02-24-2011, 05:07 AM
I personally saw Brock Huard (former University of Washington QB and backup to Payton in Indy for a few years) make 10 in a row standing under the opposite basket. It is an impressive feat as I couldn't even consistently hit the backboard 3 times in a row from that distance.

I remember the first time in my life I was star struck at someone's athletical ability is when I saw Chris Berg doing the same thing in the fargo South Gym. I truly couldnt believe my eyes!

ISXBISON
02-24-2011, 08:12 PM
8yr old kid with some skills

Daron Bryden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kijHDmXsjnA&feature=player_embedded

BisonCardinal
02-25-2011, 12:14 AM

I would like to have any of our QB candidates just hit the backboard 10 times in a row from under the opposite basket. A basketball court is 94' (31 yards) and the backboard is approx. 1 yd x 2 yds, probably about the range of a catchable ball. Seems to me that a DI caliber QB should be able to do this, correct?

perthbison
02-25-2011, 03:06 AM
I would like to have any of our QB candidates just hit the backboard 10 times in a row from under the opposite basket. A basketball court is 94' (31 yards) and the backboard is approx. 1 yd x 2 yds, probably about the range of a catchable ball. Seems to me that a DI caliber QB should be able to do this, correct?

absolutely agree. That would prove that they can throw a ball at a backboard decently. It wouldn't prove they can read the defense while checking all their receivers and determining whether he should throw or if the coverage is to good.

RowdyRabbit
02-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Who cares about tricks. I'm more interested in what kind of decision making and accuracy a QB will have in game time situations.

I bet Mertens threw the football into many a garbage cans on the sideline in his playing days. :bow:

Sorry, I had to.

BisonCardinal
02-25-2011, 10:36 PM
absolutely agree. That would prove that they can throw a ball at a backboard decently. It wouldn't prove they can read the defense while checking all their receivers and determining whether he should throw or if the coverage is to good.

What good does it do to be able to read a defense if you can't hit the broad side of a barn (backboard)?

perthbison
02-26-2011, 02:52 AM
What good does it do to be able to read a defense if you can't hit the broad side of a barn (backboard)?

I'm not questioning what you said, just saying that accuracy is only part of the equation. I bet there's at least one QB on our roster that couldn't hit the backboard 3 for 3 though.

Twentysix
02-26-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm not questioning what you said, just saying that accuracy is only part of the equation. I bet there's at least one QB on our roster that couldn't hit the backboard 3 for 3 though.

Trick question, all of them.

Every QB That has seen playing time has muffed multiple throws in games. Brock did it the worst earlier in the season. Throwing the ball 15 feet over a recievers head etc.

perthbison
02-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Trick question, all of them.

Every QB That has seen playing time has muffed multiple throws in games. Brock did it the worst earlier in the season. Throwing the ball 15 feet over a recievers head etc.

I thought it was actually closer to twenty feet.:blush:

Twentysix
02-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I thought it was actually closer to twenty feet.:blush:

Bison bloopers video, Record first 7 games, edit out all non ndsu QB plays.

Add benny hill theme song as audio track.

Bloopers complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

I think some of our QB's had ok stat lines, but alot of the incomplete passes were ridiculous.

Mohler being a fullback at Ill st would be another great addition. Speed it up alittle bit.

KTF
03-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Does anybody know if you can download mpegs wmv or some format from youtube?

Twentysix
03-02-2011, 12:40 AM
. Yes .