PDA

View Full Version : Zach Odden-Lemar of Casselton

herdmember
02-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Any idea if Bucky is looking at this kid? He is a good athlete, with a nice frame wrestling heavyweight. He won the class B title and beat the Class A champ this year as well.

I hope NDSU goes after him. He lost some key participation and recruiting time because of a transferring school issue so may have fell under the radar a little. If not wrestling, I also think he could help NDSU on the football field if the Bison football coaches beat Bucky to it, but I'm guessing his first love is wrestling.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/43970/group/Sports/

onbison09
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah he's from Rugby originally. And I honestly don't see him playing football but he could wrestle I guess. Good wrestler.

Bison09
02-22-2011, 08:01 PM
He lost to Devin Olson of South Border in the 215 finals in '10. He "shyed" away from Olson this year and wrestled heavyweight. The route for heavyweights was a little easier, but still a great wrestler. His one loss was to the #1 wrestler in the nation at the Rumble on the Red tourney by a dec. of 5-2 I believe. I know NDSU has talked to him but I'm not sure if he has the grades to wrestle here though.

He definitely wont play football for NDSU.

HappygoLucky
02-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Bison09 no he did not shy away from Olson from south border, he was out on the mat in the state dual tournament so he wasnt running, he wrestled hwt simply for the fact it was best for the team when they had (2) 215 pounders, so i wouldnt exactly call that shying away from anyone, as far as college goes i heard he is undesided into what he wants to do if its wrestling or football, even though i think it would have been great to watch him and olson go at it.

Wally
02-23-2011, 12:57 AM
He beat the class A heavyweight 2x I believe. I heard the class A heavy weight A champ is going to ndsu. Would be cool if we got both heavyweight champs from ND

herdmember
02-23-2011, 02:12 AM
I heard the class A heavy weight A champ is going to ndsu.

Really? I didn't know Andel was going to NDSU. On wrestling scholarship?

I think Odden-Lemar could be a walk on in football and put on some serious muscle weight. The way class B ND football is I believe he had to play interior line but could see him giving depth at LB and helping in special teams down the road. Wrestling definitely his sport from the little I've watched though.

Bison09
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Bison09 no he did not shy away from Olson from south border, he was out on the mat in the state dual tournament so he wasnt running, he wrestled hwt simply for the fact it was best for the team when they had (2) 215 pounders, so i wouldnt exactly call that shying away from anyone, as far as college goes i heard he is undesided into what he wants to do if its wrestling or football, even though i think it would have been great to watch him and olson go at it.

I put ".." around shyed because those are everyone else's words. I personally know Zach and know he wouldn't "run" from anyone. Point was, most people thought he could make 215 so should have.

sambini
02-24-2011, 01:16 AM
I was impressed with Joe Schumacher of Bismarck. Heard he was leaning toward Oregon State.

BisBison
02-24-2011, 02:37 AM
I was impressed with Joe Schumacher of Bismarck. Heard he was leaning toward Oregon State.

True that. ^^^^^ Why don't we have a pipeline from Bis to Bucky??? We used to get the Bismarck kids, don't know what happened.

BraxtonT
02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
True that. ^^^^^ Why don't we have a pipeline from Bis to Bucky??? We used to get the Bismarck kids, don't know what happened.

Tyler Johnson
Trevor Johnson

344Johnson
02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
This Odden-Lemar guy isn't that good. At least from what I have seen he wasn't anything special. Good yes, D1 good, I do not think so.

344Johnson
02-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Schumacher, on the other hand, from very PERSONAL experience(State Finals '10) is an excellent wrestler. It really is too bad he is going out west when he would be a stud here at NDSU. Nice guy, hard worker, come on bucky!

CaptainChunk
03-04-2011, 06:42 PM
344 i'm not sure you know what you are talking about so you probably shouldn't. Zach is a nationally ranked wrestler in some polls. He has impressive victories over the past two years. Taylor harris from harrisburg SD 2X state champion attending augsburg to wrestle next year and also boasts a win over Shea nolan a nationally ranked 215 from NM. He is new mexicos best wrestler according to USA magazine i do believe. Joe Schumacher also a great wrestler. I just do believe that zach has D1 potential from seeing him wrestle for many years in our state and seeing results from national tournaments he has attended.

Wally
04-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Really? I didn't know Andel was going to NDSU. On wrestling scholarship?

I think Odden-Lemar could be a walk on in football and put on some serious muscle weight. The way class B ND football is I believe he had to play interior line but could see him giving depth at LB and helping in special teams down the road. Wrestling definitely his sport from the little I've watched though.

It's official, along with others who signed

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/317838/

17>1
07-26-2011, 01:25 AM
I volunteered at the USAW Junior and Cadet National Championships this last week. Heard through the grapevine that Lamar is going to MSUM for football. Also watched Schumacher win the 140 pound Junior Greco title. Didn't place at all in the freestyle portion of the tournament. In fact, no ND kids except Andel did, and that was 4th at 285 I believe. Sure saw alot of Roger Kish. He was checking out a kid named Hayden Zillmer(?) I think from MN. He ended Schumachers FS tourney actually.

17>1
07-26-2011, 01:28 AM
I should clarify about the no ND kids placing in FS. That was for the Junior portion. There were a couple of Cadets that did I believe.

greenngold
07-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Zach is going to MSUM to wrestle, not to play football. He thought about doing both but decided wrestling was a better fit. He finished 2nd at the Asics High School Nationals this spring and went 11-1 at the Disney Duals in Florida. He should be a tough HWT at Division II but will have to battle against Gerad Fugleberg for the starting spot.

17>1
07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
I stand corrected.

ArmyRanger
07-27-2011, 09:41 PM
NDSU gets a verbal commitment from Hunter Weber. #55 on InterMats top 100. Great light weight recruit coming from Wisconsin. Looks like Wisconsin is beginning to be a target for recruits.