PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather....

MontBison
02-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Have a conference championship ring, or 2 wins in the payoffs?

TbonZach
02-15-2011, 04:48 AM
I'd go for the 2 wins. That way there's more of a chance to already a have ring. Conversely, if we have the ring, there's no guarantee to get two wins in the playoffs. :)

DjKyRo
02-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Conference championship - that goes almost hand-in-hand with a great seed and I like our chances against anyone in the Fargodome.

lakesbison
02-15-2011, 05:44 AM
2 wins in playoffs. 5 playoff wins would be better

Screamin_Eagle174
02-15-2011, 08:31 AM
National Championship ring. :D

tjbison
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
National Championship ring. :D

We have 8 of those

THEsocalledfan
02-15-2011, 12:40 PM
We have 8 of those

Quit living in the past.....

Not really how I feel, but need to head of those folks at the pass.....

westnodak93bison
02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
2 playoff wins for me. IMHO, UNI can have the MVFC title then choke in the playoffs every year.

MontBison
02-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Maybe I should rephrase the question to this past season. I have made it a point to talk shit to every single football player on the Mont St. team about how NDSU pummeled them and their only rebuttal is, "we got a ring". And they think I'm a complete idiot for thinking that 2 playoffs wins is better then a "ring".

CAS4127
02-15-2011, 03:24 PM
A Conference Championship, and at least two playoff wins are not mutually exclusive, nor is a CC and a NC--so, I refuse to answer the disjunctive question and instead I will say "both", as if I misread the question to be conjunctive.

TheBisonator
02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I would pick the two playoff wins.

Assuming the first win is not in the play-in round.

I'd much rather play in the FCS semis than win a conf. championship then fold our cards early.

HerdBot
02-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Have a conference championship ring, or 2 wins in the payoffs?

Conference Championship will get us a shorter path to the National Championship and home field advantage.

stevdock
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Conference Championship will get us a shorter path to the National Championship and home field advantage.

Most of the time yes, but remember our Conference Champ this year had the same route we did. Actually you could make the case they had the harder route, since they would have gone to either the 2 or 3 seed and we went to the 4 seed.

Twentysix
02-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Depends if they are exlcusive.

Does the Conference championship mean losing the first game in the playoffs? If it does not why wouldnt you want both?

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
how about we just get both!! just more on the just 2 playoff wins!:D

HandoEX
02-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I would bet that since MontBison lives in Bozeman, some silly Cats fan said that he would rather his team be a conference champ than have two wins in the playoffs.

I tell you what, I would take two wins in the playoffs over 0 playoff wins and a conference championship any day of the week. The regular season means nothing compared to the playoffs.

Twentysix
02-15-2011, 10:10 PM
I would bet that since MontBison lives in Bozeman, some silly Cats fan said that he would rather his team be a conference champ than have two wins in the playoffs.

I tell you what, I would take two wins in the playoffs over 0 playoff wins and a conference championship any day of the week. The regular season means nothing compared to the playoffs.

That ^

MontBison
02-15-2011, 11:11 PM

^This^ Here I thought I had unlimited smack on all my buddies on the team but for some reason they think I'm a fool to think that since we achieved 0 awards that they accomplished more. For instance, Friend had a pick of him tacking DJ on his FB, asked him if that was before or after DJ went for 207 and 4 td's. His response........DJ doesn't have a ring. wtf. MSU has won 1 freaking playoff game since 85...1!!!.

ndsubison1
02-16-2011, 12:33 AM
i think it's more of an accomplishment that he could actually tackle DJ

THEsocalledfan
02-16-2011, 12:50 AM
This conversation is boring me. Please say something interesting or I will be forced to unsubscribe.

ndsubison1
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM
pajama jeans!

BisoninNWMN
02-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Deep playoff run and a possible NC over a conference title any time, IMO.

Facts
02-16-2011, 05:48 PM
A Conference Championship, and at least two playoff wins are not mutually exclusive, nor is a CC and a NC--so, I refuse to answer the disjunctive question and instead I will say "both", as if I misread the question to be conjunctive.

True DAT!!!!... your honor.

THEsocalledfan
02-17-2011, 12:06 AM
This conversation is boring me. Please say something interesting or I will be forced to unsubscribe.

boring, boring, boring. I am now unsuscribing. You guys make me sick.

Twentysix
02-17-2011, 12:15 AM
boring, boring, boring. I am now unsuscribing. You guys make me sick.

Our RSS credibility will never recover!

A1pigskin
02-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Whichever one gets us the championship. However, I am leading towards the two playoff games.

HerdBot
02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Most of the time yes, but remember our Conference Champ this year had the same route we did. Actually you could make the case they had the harder route, since they would have gone to either the 2 or 3 seed and we went to the 4 seed.

This year yes but we lucked out and had a lot of good teams lose and we still had to go on the road twice. Its not ideal to go on the road twice against top 5 ranked teams. Most teams lose both games. Robert Morris was essentially a glorified non conference game we knew we we're going to win. Plus with Montana missing the playoffs we didnt have to worry about bidding against them. The extra game an at large team plays can be a killer on the injury front. Can't believe we sustained so few injuries this year. Depth wins championships.

ndbj52
02-22-2011, 02:24 AM
Its much easier to talk smack with a NC under your belt