PDA

View Full Version : Carrington Wrestling

Bison Dan
02-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I wonder if "CarringtonBison" has any insight on the Carrington Wrestling Coach and what really went on?

BadlandsBison
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Exposure to life raccoon, right:)

mebisonII
02-09-2011, 01:39 PM
What's the deal, think something more than what's been reported happened?

HandoEX
02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
They were talking about this on KFAN Monday morning. Why in the world would these kids bring a racoon onto a bus?

Hansel
02-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Harmeson and Kupchella used to bring gerbils on the UND plane.. I don't see what the big deal is.

Bison bison
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I heard about this.

They'd bring the gerbils on, but they never brought any off - at least as far as anybody knew.

Where did those gerbils go?

Man, what a great nickname for UND: The Fighting Buttgerbils.

I can just hear a group of gerbils yelling: let us in! let us in! and another group of gerbils yelling: let us out! let us out!

Bison"FANatic"
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I heard about this.

They'd bring the gerbils on, but they never brought any off - at least as far as anybody knew.

Where did those gerbils go?

Man, what a great nickname for UND: The Fighting Buttgerbils.

I can just hear a group of gerbils yelling: let us in! let us in! and another group of gerbils yelling: let us out! let us out!

That would have been before the days of "FULL BODY SCANS"

Bison bison
02-09-2011, 03:36 PM
[TSA Guy 1] Larry, come quick, I think the machine is broken.

[TSA Guy 2] Butch, what is it?

[TSA Guy 1] The scanner's picking up three heartbeats and scratching sounds!?!

bisonmike2
02-09-2011, 03:57 PM
They were talking about this on KFAN Monday morning. Why in the world would these kids bring a racoon onto a bus?

To have sex with it or to make a bong out of it. Pretty much the only 2 reason high school kids do anything.

I honestly have no idea. What a bizarre story.

Jay
02-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I am a Carrington alum.... quite embarrassing to say the least. One of the most stupid things I have ever heard. It's like its from The Onion.

I have heard a couple different stories so lots of speculation.

CarringtonBison
02-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Well, was wondering when this was gonna make an appearance.

Bad choice to stop the bus to start with and Coach Paz admits this readily. And then the thing gets rapidly out of hand-lots of high emotions, etc.

Not at liberty to get into specific details due to my position here in Carrington, but difficult situation. Making international news about this is embarrasing to say the least and has divided people, but we will get over it and move on.

Reading some of the comments in the forum shows how uninformed most are in regards to the whole thing (very common with a lot of subjects). Decision was made with the athletes best interest in mind to retain the coach until the end of the season.

No easy or necessarily right answers. Just waiting for the whole circus to just go away.

Bison bison
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Decision was made with the athletes best interest in mind to retain the coach until the end of the season.

Yep. They might not place as well at state if they remove Coach Dumbass now.

Give me a break.

The dude has no business being around kids imo.

Bison Dan
02-09-2011, 06:02 PM

Give me a break.

Agree not a good choice but man what's really the big deal? A student touched an animal big deal!! How many students touch animals at home wild or not. If the powers to be are really so worried about the students why didn't they make them all get rabies shots? Either you have rabies or you don't. Sounds to me like the administration is out in left field and wants to get rid of the coach.

CarringtonBison
02-09-2011, 06:22 PM

Give me a break.

You have your right to your opinion and I am not going to argue this with you. Unless you live in this town and know what these kids and parents and townmembers have gone through, you have no right to speculate why a decision was made the way it was. This has NOTHING to do with placing at state or doing better. It has to do with trying to bring some stability to the situation so these kids who have worked their asses off for 2-3 months can finish off the last 10 days of the season.

Absolutely not condoning the act-it was wrong and disappointing to have seen it happen.

Bison bison
02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I have every right in the world to speculate on this!

Carrington looks like a town full of hillbillies that stop their vehicles to abuse and capture animals at every chance they get and would prefer to protect a dumbass cause it gives them a chance at achieving the greatest thing a person could achieve - being a state high school sports champion!!!

You talk about people going through a lot how 'bout Ricky Raccoon that your town's wrestling team assaulted and kidnapped!

You're right, I could be completely wrong about all of this, but this is how it looks to the outside observer.

If you'd like to clear things up, feel free. So could any member of your school board, your superintendent, etc.

Until then - Let the hoedown continue!!!!

http://www.moviemobsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/deliverance.jpg

Notorious
02-09-2011, 07:15 PM
...another one that could get "interesting" !!

CAS4127
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Administration overreaction!! Is the next step to require under-oath testimony that they did "pull it back" right before a match? I mean, that could spread germs and the like!!

BurroBlue
02-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Administration overreaction!! Is the next step to require under-oath testimony that they did "pull it back" right before a match? I mean, that could spread germs and the like!!

I disagree, CAS. I know it looks bad for them right now because everything was fine (except for the decision making of Coach Paz), but WHAT IF. What if the admin was notified of the situation, decided to keep their kids at the tournament, and serious health problems followed? Too much of school admin is about risk management and damage control; I don't think the supt or AD had any good options in this situation, so they went with the safest option. I'd have done the same thing with my programs.

CAS4127
02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
I disagree, CAS. I know it looks bad for them right now because everything was fine (except for the decision making of Coach Paz), but WHAT IF. What if the admin was notified of the situation, decided to keep their kids at the tournament, and serious health problems followed? Too much of school admin is about risk management and damage control; I don't think the supt or AD had any good options in this situation, so they went with the safest option. I'd have done the same thing with my programs.

Hard to disagree with this, and admin/AD probably didn't have enough time to react in a more deliberate fashion, such as getting a Doc in to say there was no problem, etc. Poor decision by the coach, no doubt, but my guess is that he was just trying to have a little fun with the kids and help them relax before a big day.

runtheoption
02-10-2011, 04:07 PM
This whole story reminds of an extremely stupid thing I did in high school.

Small town, central ND. A raccoon starts camping out at my buddies front step for about a week. It is there day and night. Seems friendly enough, so we "adpot" it and we are feeding it. The coon doesn't show any signs of aggression or fear. It doesn't move much, so we kinda assume the coon is old and getting ready to die soon. One day I give it some food and reach out to pet him. One quick bite on my finger later, and then I have to shoot the coon so I can get the brains over to the vet to see if it had rabies. Of course it turns out to be negative, which I assumed since the coon was not acting like Cujo. Turns out that was also an incorrect assumption on my part, as being calm around humans is also a sign of rabies in coons.

Moral of the Story: The Sioux Still Suck.

CAS4127
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
This whole story reminds of an extremely stupid thing I did in high school.

Small town, central ND. A raccoon starts camping out at my buddies front step for about a week. It is there day and night. Seems friendly enough, so we "adpot" it and we are feeding it. The coon doesn't show any signs of aggression or fear. It doesn't move much, so we kinda assume the coon is old and getting ready to die soon. One day I give it some food and reach out to pet him. One quick bite on my finger later, and then I have to shoot the coon so I can get the brains over to the vet to see if it had rabies. Of course it turns out to be negative, which I assumed since the coon was not acting like Cujo. Turns out that was also an incorrect assumption on my part, as being calm around humans is also a sign of rabies in coons.

Moral of the Story: The Sioux Still Suck.

Well, you really didn't have any other "option" I guess. Otherwise, they are making a re-do of Pet Cemetary--hey, it's kinda on topic if you will!!:D

Hansel
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
http://theawesomer.com/photos/2009/03/032009_coon_t.jpg

The_Sicatoka
02-10-2011, 05:57 PM
It was a wrestling team.

Not surprised.

Bison bison
02-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah if it was a hockey team they would have gotten frost bitten and not even made it to their tournament.

Speaking of that, how is Blue Balls doing in Saint Paul?

The_Sicatoka
02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
He doesn't have rabies.

Notorious
02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
He doesn't have rabies.

Nope...just 2 1/2 strikes...

CAS4127
02-10-2011, 06:04 PM
He doesn't have rabies.

But I heard he has a chance at playing for the UND Women's Hockey team :rofl: :rofl: if he doesn't make a full recovery.

Bison bison
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
at the least, it would give him some time to handle a stick again (at least his own anyways)

sambini
02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
My Oh My ................

coldspot
02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
per the foolum, they're talking about it on the gay thomas show on wday in 5 minutes

BurroBlue
02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
per the foolum, they're talking about it on the gay thomas show on wday in 5 minutes

He's so secretive right now...very clandestine.

coldspot
02-11-2011, 08:22 PM
He's so secretive right now...very clandestine.

before the last break he said he was going to let it out on the air, but now he wont say what happened. mother f'r pulled a fast one on us.

BurroBlue
02-11-2011, 08:25 PM
before the last break he said he was going to let it out on the air, but now he wont say what happened. mother f'r pulled a fast one on us.
I'm waiting for the callers to start the chant, "TELL US! TELL US! TELL US!"

Bison bison
02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
What a f$cking prick.

BurroBlue
02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
What a f$cking prick.
He obviously wants people to beg him to tell the story. I'd like to hear more from the dad who called in who has seen the video and wants G&F involved.

Bison bison
02-11-2011, 08:34 PM
the dad should call into mcfeely and ruin thomas' joke of show

Bison bison
02-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Carrington sucks!

BraxtonT
02-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Carrington sucks!

Our community is torn because of this and going through hell right now and this is what you post. Totally classless.

By the way, I am embarrassed by the whole situation going on and I want the truth to come out and punishments doled out. Contrary to what you may have heard or believe, there is a large contingent in this town (silent majority) that is also appalled.

Carrington does not suck anymore than any other small town in ND. A few individuals do suck, but they are NOT representative of this town. Unfortunately, due to very poor decisions, we are stuck dealing with this situation.

As an alum and supporter of the program, I only hope that by next season, a new direction will steer us back to elite status, rather than laughingstock.

If your post was meant as a joke, which most of your's are, sorry for not taking it that way. I have found absolutely nothing about this situation funny since it all began to unfold one week ago.

Bison bison
02-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Well, it's too late for your town to manage this like adults. Instead its hand is going to be forced by a talk show host and the State of North Dakota.

The entire community had better hope the video doesn't make Youtube or its members will never live this down.

It sounds like the school administration wanted the situation addressed, but the board let it go. I wonder if they thought the issue had been dealt with...

JSUBison
02-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Some have said there is more to the raccoon story than just the team picking up the animal and putting it on the bus. That's what I had thought, just another weird off the wall story. But now I'm hearing more and more.

I found this article:

http://www.crookstontimes.com/opinions/editorials/x1179521411/Editorial-Putting-athletics-on-a-pedestal-is-only-asking-for-trouble

IF and I say IF this is how it went down, I agree completely with NDB2. I'm not trying to come down on Braxton or CarringtonBison, but again, who is minding the store in Carrington? What kind of ignorant jack asses are in control over there? :mad:

This coach who I guess is some sort of teacher over there, needs to be shown the door. That is how things are generally done in the civilized parts of the country.

What's next, super gluing the eyelids of kittens shut? Putting a stray dog in a cage and setting it afire? Or maybe stuff like that has already been done prior as team building exercises. It's commonly known in the enforcement/judicial system that the little bastards that start out abusing animals are more likely to move on to people. Sweeping this under the rug shows a serious lack of integrity and character by those that should be championing those values.

BlueBisonRock
02-12-2011, 02:20 AM
There is way too much speculation and accusation going on here. It may be correct, but it is premature. Right now, this reminds me of the torch and pitchfork scene in the old horror movies.

Facts need to be known before appropriate action can be taken. And those facts are / will be protected by privacy laws - especially since minors are involved.

I want to know what is going on as much as anyone else. But not when getting the early information ignores the law and privacy issues associated with this and can jepordize due process and penalty.

Its time to let the legal system work and get the dirt once the legal issues have been dealt with. If there is guilt, I believe the appropriate actions will be taken.

Jay
02-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Gotta give props to my school... 2.5 pts behind heading into the final day. Prime position. Go Cards!

sambini
02-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Win the thing Cards...

runtheoption
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Was this the work of the wrestling team? Maybe CAS?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/195753/publisher_ID/40/