PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Spring Game

Pages : [1] 2

westnodak93bison
02-03-2011, 04:23 PM
When is it and will you be there?

DjKyRo
02-03-2011, 04:25 PM
The date I've heard tossed around is April 30th, no idea as to how accurate that date is but it sounds reasonable. KNDS will be calling the game live and we'll have coverage of practices, etc. in the weeks leading up.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 04:25 PM
When is it and will you be there?

I was going to start this same thread when Spring Ball started--guess I'm too late. Can we tailgate in addition to just attending? If not, BW2 North or Labby's for us BV'ers??!!

HandoEX
02-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I was going to start this same thread when Spring Ball started--guess I'm too late. Can we tailgate in addition to just attending? If not, BW2 North or Labby's for us BV'ers??!!

We tailgated last year with no problems.

I'll be there +3.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 04:30 PM
We tailgated last year with no problems.

I'll be there +3.

Excellent!!!

westnodak93bison
02-03-2011, 04:41 PM

I'll probably hit BW@ or Labby's since I'm sure the weather will be splendid.

BadlandsBison
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Probably won't see a date set for the game until the flood ordeal is figured out. Hopefully the early organizing by the Mayor and the city will help out.

EndZoneQB
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
I'll probably hit BW@ or Labby's since I'm sure the weather will be splendid.

Fail. It was perfect last year(it won't be worse than late November!!), and we all got the pleasure of meeting/tailgating with Dante's father and brother. Real fans tailgate..even the Californians were outside.

westnodak93bison
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I'll be bringing my 17 month old.

EndZoneQB
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM

Damnit, box.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 07:38 PM

What? Beer from tailgaiting 2 Falls ago that you found in your "missing" cooler?

bisonfan11
02-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I plan on going this year with my wife and two foster daughters (both of whom my wife and I are in the process of adopting). Bison football is going to be a family affair. Just keep me updated on when the game is (and festivities). Oh yeah, it would be cool if Bison Illustrated covered the Spring Practices, gave an early scouting report of the team.

BisonBabe
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I can't wait for the Spring Game...... please fast forward until that time.

tjbison
02-03-2011, 11:09 PM
I can't wait for the Spring Game...... please fast forward until that time.

Its coming faster than you think, at least for me anyways:nod:

westnodak93bison
02-04-2011, 12:15 AM
What? Beer from tailgaiting 2 Falls ago that you found in your "missing" cooler?

Obviously you don't know me. I'm not one to let beer sit around and get old. :cheers:

EndZoneQB
02-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Its coming faster than you think, at least for me anyways:nod:

Thats what she said??

tjbison
02-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Thats what she said??

Hook line and SINKER!!!;)

westnodak93bison
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Should be an interesting spring game. WR, TE, OL, QB, P, and DT should all have some interesting competition.

BFKasper14
02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm interested in watching the QB battle. It's definately gonna be interesting.

tjbison
02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
2 months:nod: :nod:

NDSUFan_Sav
02-27-2011, 04:31 PM
2 months:nod: :nod:

is your avatar from Bozeman???

tjbison
02-27-2011, 04:34 PM
is your avatar from Bozeman???

No I was to drunk there, far a quality pic like that;)

NDSUFan_Sav
02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
No I was to drunk there, far a quality pic like that;)

and if it was from there I sure as hell wouldn't remember :D

aces1180
03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
The date I've heard tossed around is April 30th, no idea as to how accurate that date is but it sounds reasonable. KNDS will be calling the game live and we'll have coverage of practices, etc. in the weeks leading up.

I wrote my buddy Jeff in Media Relations and he confirmed it is scheduled for April 30 at 1 pm.

tjbison
03-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I wrote my buddy Jeff in Media Relations and he confirmed it is scheduled for April 30 at 1 pm.

Its also in the Season ticket renewal form;)

CHADSTAUS
03-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Time to bring the bus out of hibernation. :hungry:

sambini
03-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Will be in DesMoines,Iowa at Drake Relays with Bison track...

Jdubs21
03-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Thats what she said??

BAZING GA!!!!!

westnodak93bison
03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
What kind of attendance do the top FCS teams get for their spring games? I'll look into MT.

VanClubPres
03-17-2011, 02:35 AM
What kind of attendance do the top FCS teams get for their spring games? I'll look into MT.

Bama got something like 96000 last year, but I may be talking outta my Lakes;)

westnodak93bison
03-17-2011, 03:35 AM
I did some digging and found nothing.

IndyBison
03-17-2011, 04:09 AM

I worked the Indiana State spring game last year and they probably had 40 or 50 people in the stands. That was only slightly more than the scrimmages the previous 2 weeks.

CAS4127
03-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I worked the Indiana State spring game last year and they probably had 40 or 50 people in the stands. That was only slightly more than the scrimmages the previous 2 weeks.

Our attendence would increase dramatically if you could somehow manage to ref. Hey, we need ref smackdown/taunting practice/warmup too. Please Indy, we are not in game shape/speed!!! Please, Please, Please!!!:D

56BISON73
03-22-2011, 10:45 PM

Damn. Thats our grand opening.:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

IndyBison
03-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Our attendence would increase dramatically if you could somehow manage to ref. Hey, we need ref smackdown/taunting practice/warmup too. Please Indy, we are not in game shape/speed!!! Please, Please, Please!!!:D

That would be a blast if I could swing it! I did inquire with a MVFC referee I know and he said he passed my name on to the person who would be scheduling the officials for the Bison Spring game. Even if they called now though I couldn't make it that weekend. We have a couple Cub Scout events that I have to attend. I did get to work a Purdue scrimmage a couple weeks ago and I get to work a Ball State scrimmage in a couple weeks so I am getting on the field! Believe it or not the officials work in the offseason too.

EndZoneQB
03-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Believe it or not the officials work in the offseason too.

The real question is whether or not they work during the season...

4mcruenomore
03-22-2011, 11:00 PM
I am heading to Fargo by myself for the game, any get together? BV style?

EndZoneQB
03-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I am heading to Fargo by myself for the game, any get together? BV style?

We tailgate in the east lot. Usually just a handful of us, keep it lowkey and security doesn't bother us. I actually wish regular tailgating was like the spring game setup.

4mcruenomore
03-22-2011, 11:36 PM
4mcrue does not equal "low key", guess I will be at labby's!!

Thunder_Struck
03-23-2011, 01:26 AM

Labby's? Isn't that where the UND get together will be? I'd try Chub's!

EndZoneQB
03-23-2011, 01:31 AM

lowkey=no problems. It's pretty much the same as regular season, just different :D

DjKyRo
03-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Has anyone gotten any information as to the Spring practice schedule yet?

BadlandsBison
03-23-2011, 01:41 AM

Two weeks of winter workouts to finish yet. So, after 2 weeks?

99Bison
03-23-2011, 01:51 AM

It will be released to the media once it's set.

onbison09
03-23-2011, 02:08 AM
It will be released to the media once it's set.

Do we start later than most schools? UNT starts Thursday (although that seemed early)

lakesbison
03-23-2011, 02:19 AM
they want to get rid of our crew, so if they dig up trees, they do.

99Bison
03-23-2011, 02:19 AM
Do we start later than most schools? UNT starts Thursday (although that seemed early)

Not sure, but I think this year it was intentionally pushed back a week to try and avoid flood issues a bit.

56BISON73
03-23-2011, 02:45 AM
they want to get rid of our crew, so if they dig up trees, they do.

You cant be serious???? Wait-----my mistake.

99Bison
03-23-2011, 04:16 AM
FYI, slate of events for the spring game weekend:
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=598

CAS4127
03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Bison Facebook:

Please join NDSU Athletics for the weekend of April 29, 30 for the Bison Showcase, Bison Family Breakfast, Locker Room Sale and Spring FB Game. The host site of the Showcase, the Hilton Garden Inn is offering a special $92 NDSU rate for those looking to stay for the weekend. The rate is available, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night and is based on availability.

CAS4127
03-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Bison Facebook:

Here is a sampling of what will be on the annual silent auction: Bison vs Kansas football game ball, Titleist Voodoo Driver, framed Adrian Peterson autographed photo, Maurice Jones-Drew autographed Jaguars helmet. Many more items to be added. Are there any items Bison fans want to see added to the auction?

EndZoneQB
03-23-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd like to see some more NDSU stuff in the auction!

KilldeerBison
03-23-2011, 10:56 PM

I agree, how about some footballs signed by some of the players and coaches. You never know when one of these guys is gonna get famous, like CAS or PL!

99Bison
03-23-2011, 10:57 PM

There always is, just never on the first lists.

TbonZach
03-24-2011, 01:29 AM
I agree, how about some footballs signed by some of the players and coaches. You never know when one of these guys is gonna get famous, like CAS or PL!

Don't forget Lakes. He played on the baseball team. ;) :D

TransAmBison
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Don't forget Lakes. He played on the baseball team. ;) :D
Please provide a link to give substance to this.*

*If somebody provides a pot, I might as well stir it.

runtheoption
03-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Please provide a link to give substance to this.*

*If somebody provides pot, I might as well smoke it.

What???????

SDbison
03-24-2011, 03:59 PM
FYI, slate of events for the spring game weekend:
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/s.php?s=598
As usual I don't see anything in there about a Bison tailgate outside the dome. Just too bad the old school stiffs have to run things like a stale university event rather than a DI football program. Get some people in there that have some life and a bit of an imagination. Need people in charge that can think outside of the box and want to emulate the bigger schools where the spring game is a really big event. Pack the Dome! Get casual fans to attend and then sign them up to teammakers and / or season tickets. How about showing off some new media on the big screens in the dome? Maybe invite local and regional media companies to see a packed dome for a spring game so they can realize the potential for broadcasting regular and postseason games regionally?

HerdBot
03-24-2011, 04:25 PM
As usual I don't see anything in there about a Bison tailgate outside the dome. Just too bad the old school stiffs have to run things like a stale university event rather than a DI football program. Get some people in there that have some life and a bit of an imagination. Need people in charge that can think outside of the box and want to emulate the bigger schools where the spring game is a really big event. Pack the Dome! Get casual fans to attend and then sign them up to teammakers and / or season tickets. How about showing off some new media on the big screens in the dome? Maybe invite local and regional media companies to see a packed dome for a spring game so they can realize the potential for broadcasting regular and postseason games regionally?

I like the way you think!

SDbison
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
I like the way you think!
Thanks.......a bunch of the regular posters at Bisonville have made it known they don't like the way I think. But, who cares, it's just a messageboard.

CAS4127
03-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks.......a bunch of the regular posters at Bisonville have made it known they don't like the way I think. But, who cares, it's just a messageboard.

As a comment to the GoBison Facebook announcement about the Spring game and what else Bison fans would like to see, I posted "A tailgating" party--just sayin!

JustinTyem
03-24-2011, 07:19 PM
NDSU Athletics Annouces Bison Showcase, Slate of Events for April 29-30
Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations
Release: March 17, 2011 FARGO, N.D. – The North Dakota State athletic department has announced the lineup of events for the annual spring football weekend April 29-30.

The third edition of the Bison Showcase will be held on Friday, April 29. The event will be held from 5:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn.

This year’s showcase will feature a silent auction, prizes and guest speakers, including school president Dean Bresciani. The cost is $15 and includes a commemorative glass mug, food and entertainment.

On Saturday, April 30, the Bison Family Breakfast will be held from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. at the Fargodome. The breakfast of pancakes, sausages and juice is sponsored by Cloverdale Foods and the Hilton Garden Inn. The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for kids under 12. Children under two years old are free.

The fifth annual locker room sale will also take place at the Fargodome from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday. A variety of surplus sporting goods will be available for purchase.

The weekend’s events culminate with the Green and Gold spring football game Saturday. The game will kickoff at 1 p.m. and give fans the first look at the 2011 squad. Admission is free. The 2010 football team will be honored prior to the game for its run to the quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs.

April 29

Bison Showcase, 5:00-10:30 p.m. ($15)

April 30

Bison Family Breakfast, 9-11:30 a.m. ($5 adults, $3 kids under 12)

Locker Room Sale, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (Free)

Green and Gold Spring Game, 1 p.m. (Free)

BlueBisonRock
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM

Come on now SD. Ya know we love ya! In fact, I enjoy our conversations while Dome security is watching. Its just smiles and high fives.

Bisonfan1
03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
I havent read through this whole thread, but here we go again, Spring game scheduled on the weekend of the NFL Draft. Alot of die hard football folks will have to choose between the spring game with no tailgating, or attending NFL draft parties. Tailgating would make the decision so much easier. I am just stating the facts jack.

aces1180
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
I havent read through this whole thread, but here we go again, Spring game scheduled on the weekend of the NFL Draft. Alot of die hard football folks will have to choose between the spring game with no tailgating, or attending NFL draft parties. Tailgating would make the decision so much easier. I am just stating the facts jack.

Remember, however, that the draft starts on Thursday (first round) and continues on Friday (rounds 2-3) and Saturday (rounds 4-7)...Do people still plan on having parties for the last four rounds? I know that if any Bison are picked, it will be Saturday, but how cool would that be if they could announce it during the Spring Game?

Tatanka
03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Remember, however, that the draft starts on Thursday (first round) and continues on Friday (rounds 2-3) and Saturday (rounds 4-7)...Do people still plan on having parties for the last four rounds? I know that if any Bison are picked, it will be Saturday, but how cool would that be if they could announce it during the Spring Game?

That would require coordination and superior game day presentation.

OTOH, Bisonfan1, dude. There WILL be tailgating. Period. End of story. GETCHERASSTOTEHDOME.

Bisonfan1
03-30-2011, 02:46 PM

Well since most people work on Thursday and Friday, Saturday would be their only option, and true dat, that Saturday is the day we will probably see some Bison action. In the case of LAKESBISON who is able to get time off whenever he wants, he will not be at the Spring game as he will #1 - Be in the Vikings War room at Winter Park advising Leslie Frazier #2 - Will be the leader of the Viking fans at the NFL Draft live #3 - be hosting a three day draft party with live reports - Live From DA LAKES Draft Party

HandoEX
03-30-2011, 02:50 PM
The draft is in the evening on Thursday and Friday. Anyone that would choose the late round at the draft over the only live football action for months would have to be crazy.

Bisonfan1
03-30-2011, 02:52 PM
The draft is in the evening on Thursday and Friday. Anyone that would choose the late round at the draft over the only live football action for months would have to be crazy.

OK, well that changes everything, I didnt do my home work, my bad.

Bison bison
03-30-2011, 03:16 PM
OTOH, Bisonfan1, dude. There WILL be tailgating. Period. End of story. GETCHERASSTOTEHDOME.

Yes there will.

Throwing the boy's fourth birthday party in the lot.

Going to teach him and his friends how to throw the pigskin and bong root beer.

EndZoneQB
03-30-2011, 05:29 PM

I say we have a tailgate draft party for Gatlin if he is still in town! lol

I don't even know what time the draft starts tho?

bisonmike2
03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
so Izzo says Ryan Smith will be used in the slot. I love this idea. We got to get this kid into space and he will make guys look stupid.

HerdBot
03-31-2011, 11:15 PM
so Izzo says Ryan Smith will be used in the slot. I love this idea. We got to get this kid into space and he will make guys look stupid.

I agree. He's a perfect slot receiver. He's too small to run up the middle but a perfect fit for bubble screens, quick hitches, end arounds, reverses, and quick slants. Get him the ball, make one guy miss, and run for 50 yards. Has great speed and shiftiness. Probably the best in the open field

Would have been a good back too but this way guarantees he sees the field. Have to give him touches

MNLonghorn10
03-31-2011, 11:58 PM
cant hurt...who the hell was the slot last year and how many catches did he make

EndZoneQB
04-01-2011, 12:06 AM
cant hurt...who the hell was the slot last year and how many catches did he make

The one that beat YSU?

BadlandsBison
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Anyone heard how Danny Luecke is doing? He must be playing spring ball becuase Bohl didn't mention that Luecke would be sitting out.

bisonmike2
04-05-2011, 06:25 PM
nice spring practice update by Kolpack.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

Thorton looking good.

56BISON73
04-06-2011, 08:41 PM

To make things clear. The athletic dept and Team Makers dont have any issues with tailgating at the spring game. There are other forces at work that they have to appease. Let the tailgaiting continue in its current form until changes can be made and show that it wont be a problem.
I have made my opinion clear to those with in the system. After it was explained to me the challenges involved I totally understand.

aces1180
04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
To make things clear. The athletic dept and Team Makers dont have any issues with tailgating at the spring game. There are other forces at work that they have to appease. Let the tailgaiting continue in its current form until changes can be made and that it wont be a problem.
I have made my opinion clear to those with in the system. After it was explained to me the challenges involved I totally understand.

Are you interested in sharing what those issues are?

TransAmBison
04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
To make things clear. The athletic dept and Team Makers dont have any issues with tailgating at the spring game. There are other forces at work that they have to appease. Let the tailgaiting continue in its current form until changes can be made and that it wont be a problem.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

56BISON73
04-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Are you interested in sharing what those issues are?

The main issue is the consumption of alcohol at a school sponsored event.
Liability issues being just one. Not to mention the push nation wide to curb underage drinking on the collage campus. Many fraternities around the nation are now dry as well.
Look at the posts on this thread alone. Some are pissed because they arent allowed to DRINK officially at the spring game.

So lets throw this scenario out there. If NDSU had a full blown tailgate WITHOUT alcohol do you think the powers that be would have a problem supporting such an event? No they wouldnt.

But the fact remains that alcohol is the linchpin. There are always a few that dont act responsibily and they ruins it for the majority. This includes adults as well as minors.

lakesbison
04-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Aces "Are you interested in sharing what those issues are?"
aces, no he just wants to hold things over our heads and think he's important.

aces1180
04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Liability issues being just one. Not to mention the push nation wide to curb underage drinking on the collage campus. Many fraternities around the nation are now dry as well.
Look at the posts on this thread alone. Some are pissed because they arent allowed to DRINK officially at the spring game.

So lets throw this scenario out there. If NDSU had a full blown tailgate WITHOUT alcohol do you think the powers that be would have a problem supporting such an event? No they wouldnt.

But the fact remains that alcohol is the linchpin. There are always a few that dont act responsibily and they ruins it for the majority. This includes adults as well as minors.

I can understand those concerns...I don't agree with them, but I understand them.

Unfortunately, people make a bigger deal about alcohol in this country than any other...

TransAmBison
04-06-2011, 09:08 PM
http://wishes.debian.co.nz/images/gallery//funny/ohsnap.JPG
56 didn't just post the reason right before you said he wouldn't did he? :D

56BISON73
04-06-2011, 09:13 PM

Why not bring facts to the table instead of emotion.

But please tell the board what I hold over the heads of those here? I would be interested.

As far as my importance---???? Im not. I am a Team Maker like many here.
I support NDSU is a positive light not only with my words but my actions as well.

lakesbison
04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
yea. I didnt read his replies because of ignore list.

so maybe i stepped outta line. I guess i'll never know!

Notorious
04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
yea. I didnt read his replies because of ignore list.

so maybe i stepped outta line. I guess i'll never know!

When I was in kindergarten, I used to ignore a girl I really liked...

Answer Guy
04-06-2011, 09:18 PM

After that all the girls ignored you? :confused:

TransAmBison
04-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Which year of kindergarten was that?

RunDMc34
04-06-2011, 09:57 PM

How are there any more liability issues at the spring game then there are at a regular season game? Also I get the push to stop underage drinking but im not so sure that allowing alcohol at this event makes more people drink or creates new drinkers - I do get that its a perception thing and might make people in Fargo think that you support alcohol.

EndZoneQB
04-06-2011, 10:55 PM
To make things clear. The athletic dept and Team Makers dont have any issues with tailgating at the spring game. There are other forces at work that they have to appease. Let the tailgaiting continue in its current form until changes can be made and show that it wont be a problem.

Personally, I found nothing wrong with how tailgating was last year. We had a blast, even though it was a smaller deal. I knew everyone that was out there with us were responsible enough to not cause problems and we weren't bothered once. I do wish we could have a bigger event, though.

How are there any more liability issues at the spring game then there are at a regular season game? Also I get the push to stop underage drinking but im not so sure that allowing alcohol at this event makes more people drink or creates new drinkers - I do get that its a perception thing and might make people in Fargo think that you support alcohol.

I don't think it's the fact there are "more" liabilities per say, I think it has to do with the perception as you point out. It seems like a "weak" reason to get together and drink to most, and many think alcohol is the only factor in holding the event(right or wrong), aka it's a sorry excuse. I don't buy it, but I generally think with more common sense than the general public so I can see how they see it. Plus, they don't have to make sure FPD/Security guards are patrolling the lots(I know we all hate it, but they feel they have to do it).

Jay
04-07-2011, 12:28 AM
No Justin Howard at this years spring game it sounds like per a Kolpack tweet....

FGOSPORTSWRITER Jeff Kolpack
Bison receiver Justin Howard, third on the team in catches last year with 24, suspended for a violation of team rules.

Rockbear99
04-07-2011, 12:48 AM
But please tell the board what I hold over the heads of those here? I would be interested.

As far as my importance---???? Im not. I am a Team Maker like many here.
I support NDSU is a positive light not only with my words but my actions as well.

Aw lakes is just jealous that you were a member of Bison Athletics and he just wishes he was on a Roster.

lakesbison
04-07-2011, 02:41 AM
rock. no not really. ive done more in my life than most of you all's wet dreams.

Go Tailgate at spring game, Im pretty sure our crew wont be there, or for game 1 or 2 or....

sambini
04-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Lakes I won't be there either.... off to DesMoines for the Drake Relays its a tradition to follow the BISON Track team.

VanClubPres
04-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Im pretty sure our crew wont be there, or for game 1 or 2 or....

(in a rising creshendo) (sp?)

Now that is true fandom??

Bison bison
04-13-2011, 01:53 AM

and she lived happily ever after.

The End.

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2011, 04:10 AM
rock. no not really. ive done more in my life than most of you all's wet dreams.

Go Tailgate at spring game, Im pretty sure our crew wont be there, or for game 1 or 2 or....

you still banned bro?

free lakes!

lakesbison
04-13-2011, 04:53 AM
ill be around.

bisonmike2
04-13-2011, 04:03 PM

All I really do in my wet dreams is jizz my pants. So I guess the bar is set pretty low. Congrats on that though.

CAS4127
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
ill be around. = stalker*

*As in hanging in the shadows near the lockerroom after the game!!

BisonBabe
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
So what the scoop are we going to have an organized tailgate? If so what should I bring??

56BISON73
04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
All I really do in my wet dreams is jizz my pants. So I guess the bar is set pretty low. Congrats on that though.

At least he has a goal. :D

X-Factor
04-14-2011, 03:54 AM

Oh this is soooo true! I can even think of a few on this board that would fit that description quite well! :rimshot:

BadlandsBison
04-14-2011, 05:48 AM
So what the scoop are we going to have an organized tailgate? If so what should I bring??

Should be, there was tailgating last spring (maybe you knew that?) I say bring anything you would for normal tailgating!

IzzyFlexion
04-14-2011, 11:14 AM

Try Pull-Ups in the "Fatty Baby" size.
They're surprisingly comfortable and you can get them in Spongebob prints.

VanClubPres
04-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Random Bump.

12 days.

HerdBot
04-18-2011, 05:20 AM
I admit I suck at attending the spring game. I am definitely going this year. We need to turn this into an event. I'm sure the players and coaches would love to see a nice turnout and it has to get them just a little more fired up for the season. Seems like only the hardcore fans go so its our job to plan and try and get a few extra buddies to go. I was looking at past attendance and its been down the last few years. Let's shoot for a record crowd and do better than the 2500. They are not going to have any money to promote it so we have to spread the word. I love the tailgating idea. 2500 doesn't seem like much but that's more than twice what Moorhead State averaged for actual home football games but nowhere near the 80k that watch the Cornhuskers.

2010 - 1873
2009 - 1742
2008- 2500
2007 - 2142

Let's shoot for 3k and it all starts with the tailgate.

Bison03
04-18-2011, 07:10 AM
So just so I understand in correctly. Tailgating is allowed at the spring game? In which lot? Is alcohol permitted? Will there be dome security and Fargo's finest keeping close watch like in the fall? Sorry for all the questions but many people in this thread have stated many varying things on the subject. I think the crowd should be good coming off a great playoff run last year as well as people's interest in the QB battle and the further progress of our star young players.

56BISON73
04-18-2011, 07:15 AM
So just so I understand in correctly. Tailgating is allowed at the spring game? In which lot? Is alcohol permitted? Will there be dome security and Fargo's finest keeping close watch like in the fall? Sorry for all the questions but many people in this thread have stated many varying things on the subject. I think the crowd should be good coming off a great playoff run last year as well as people's interest in the QB battle and the further progress of our star young players.

Tailgating isnt Officially allowed is the best way to put it. So alcohol isnt officially allowed either. But if one is responsible and discreet you shouldnt have any problems.
The east lot is the place to go from what I understand.

DjKyRo
04-18-2011, 07:15 AM

Last season we tailgated in the east lot, with the same "alcohol restrictions" as are in place in the West Lot (drink it out of something not labeled as alcohol and you're golden). Cheers'ed a couple cops as they drove by and got waves in return so I'm guessing we were good to go.

BisonBabe
04-18-2011, 01:13 PM
I have several things in mind to bring to share for tailgating. What time is everyone planning on being there?

onbison09
04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I admit I suck at attending the spring game. I am definitely going this year. We need to turn this into an event. I'm sure the players and coaches would love to see a nice turnout and it has to get them just a little more fired up for the season. Seems like only the hardcore fans go so its our job to plan and try and get a few extra buddies to go. I was looking at past attendance and its been down the last few years. Let's shoot for a record crowd and do better than the 2500. They are not going to have any money to promote it so we have to spread the word. I love the tailgating idea. 2500 doesn't seem like much but that's more than twice what Moorhead State averaged for actual home football games but nowhere near the 80k that watch the Cornhuskers.

2010 - 1873
2009 - 1742
2008- 2500
2007 - 2142

Is there any marketing? Like even a radio ad

aces1180
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Is there any marketing? Like even a radio ad

Yes, they have been promoting this and the Bison Showcase the night before for over a month.

BisonBabe
04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes, they have been promoting this and the Bison Showcase the night before for over a month.

Also when they review the Spring Practice info on the News they are talking about the Game being on April 30th.

roadwarrior
04-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Also when they review the Spring Practice info on the News they are talking about the Game being on April 30th.

Thats the day.

TheBisonator
04-18-2011, 02:43 PM

2010 - 1873
2009 - 1742
2008- 2500
2007 - 2142

I have absolutely NO idea how they were able to come up with an attendance number in the last few years that weren't an estimate (like 2,500 in 2008).

I went to every spring game as a spectator from 2006 to 2010, and every time I just walked into the lobby of the Dome and found my seat and sat down.

The only way I can think of how they could do it is if about 15 minutes into the game they had a guy on the west side literally count every person he saw sitting in the east grandstand. That's about the only way I think they could come up with something somewhat legitimate short of pulling a number out of their ass.

bisonfan08
04-18-2011, 02:49 PM

2010 - 1873
2009 - 1742
2008- 2500
2007 - 2142

Well I am also one who has really sucked at attending this game as I have actually never attended. I plan on being there this year though and am very excited to see the new talent on display. I agree that if this would be turned into more of a full fledged event instead of just a "scrimmage" in the dome, the attendence would dramatically increase. I just don't feel like it's marketed properly. Not saying I'm a marketing genious but get some sponsors out there with some fun things goin on, maybe put on some sort of charity burger and hot dog lunch kind of thing, get games galore out there with some stuff for the kids and just make it a nice big social event (I also have no idea if any of this already goes on as like I said I've never been up there for it). Part of the problem is that the weather usually isn't spectacular by the mid-end of April to do some of those things which just flat out sucks but that's part of the ND charm.

roadwarrior
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
If you dont know what's going on:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12289&SPID=714&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205118273&DB_OEM_ID=2400

bisonfan08
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
If you dont know what's going on:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12289&SPID=714&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205118273&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Well that seems like a fairly well put together ordeal, problem is if I wouldn't be looking for it I would never know it. I haven't seen anything on TV or heard anything on the radio about it yet, granted I don't watch much local TV or listen to a ton of radio, but I do read the sports section in the paper daily and while the spring game has been mentioned a few times I haven't seen anything about the activities leading up to it.

roadwarrior
04-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Well that seems like a fairly well put together ordeal, problem is if I wouldn't be looking for it I would never know it. I haven't seen anything on TV or heard anything on the radio about it yet, granted I don't watch much local TV or listen to a ton of radio, but I do read the sports section in the paper daily and while the spring game has been mentioned a few times I haven't seen anything about the activities leading up to it.

Why don't you sign up for the emails from the gobison site? You can select which sports you want updates for.

bisonfan08
04-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Why don't you sign up for the emails from the gobison site? You can select which sports you want updates for.

I'm not too worried about me, I'm on here enough to find out anything I want to know, I'm just making the point that the casual fans that aren't out on websites looking for this stuff might not know about it or find out about it until it's too late to plan for it. I just think it needs better exposure. The forum does a great job covering Bison football, there could just be a little more content regarding this event I feel like.

SDbison
04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
I think what the poster is saying is everyone that reads Bisonville and already looks at gobison regularly (or gets e-mail updates) has a good chance of going to the spring game. There likely are 10 times as many people who do not check either, but would be interested if there were more general public announcements? What is so difficult about that?
How about treating the Spring game as a good way to grow Bison fan base, increase season ticket sales, etc......On Saturday have games set up for the kids, tailgating outside, meet the players afterwards and all the other stuff currently done.
Think outside the box N...D....S....U. Who handles marketing aspects of NDSU football Road? I would love to have a talk with them. We have a bunch of great ideas at Bisonville and maybe one or two are worth a try.

Bison bison
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
On Saturday have games set up for the kids, tailgating outside, meet the players afterwards and all the other stuff currently done.

This.

boom.

bisonfan08
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I think what the poster is saying is everyone that reads Bisonville and already looks at gobison regularly (or gets e-mail updates) has a good chance of going to the spring game. There likely are 10 times as many people who do not check either, but would be interested if there were more general public announcements? What is so difficult about that?
How about treating the Spring game as a good way to grow Bison fan base, increase season ticket sales, etc......On Saturday have games set up for the kids, tailgating outside, meet the players afterwards and all the other stuff currently done.
Think outside the box N...D....S....U. Who handles marketing aspects of NDSU football Road? I would love to have a talk with them. We have a bunch of great ideas at Bisonville and maybe one or two are worth a try.

This is exactly what I was trying to say ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JMB
04-18-2011, 04:52 PM

I agree with SDBison. I think there is an opportunity to make this more of an event. It is early enough in the year that besides proms their really isn't a lot of other things going on. You would think the folks in Fargo would be pretty receptive after a long winter.

Bisonfan1
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
My opinion is the players get their spring practice, the tailgators should be able to get their spring practice in also. NDSU is missing out on alot by not putting on an organized tailgate. Im sure most here would be happy to pay a parking fee that would cover security that would have to be present, and this alone is another fundraiser if they dont deploy a battalion for it. If anyone here sends someone an e-mail to NDSU marketing, and they like it, you might see it implemented in 2 years when it becomes THEIR IDEA. And that's just the way it works from what i have seen. I have been told on a number of occassions to tailgate at spring game at your own risk. in other words if you get caught doing something you shouldnt, dont go crying to NDSU about it.

BadlandsBison
04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
UND went all out this spring attracting fans to spring ball. Tailgating competitions, games for kids, fan competitions, student tailgating, BBQ cook-offs, the works...all for moderate results.

NDSU's spring game gets pretty good interest despite very limited involvement from the Univeristy. They do ok with the showcase and auction though.

I think if NDSU put in a little effort and did something like und did this spring, it would get giant interest and be a lot of fun.

HerdBot
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM

How about televising it on Midco? It's pretty much free and when people see it on TV it will seem like a bigger deal. It can plant some seeds for the upcoming season too...

I'd just like to see some more media coverage. I'm not talking about an expensive advertising campain, just the local sports guys on 4/6/11/Fox promoting it in the days leading up to it.

How about KFGO/KFAN pushing it? Maybe a writeup in the Forum Sports section with the "If You Go" and time and cost details. Let the public know it's free. Most people don't even know that.

It's an event. Heck, at 2500 people it legitimately outdraws many of the big events in town.

NorthernBison
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
UND went all out this spring attracting fans to spring ball. Tailgating competitions, games for kids, fan competitions, student tailgating, BBQ cook-offs, the works...all for moderate results.

NDSU's spring game gets pretty good interest despite very limited involvement from the Univeristy. They do ok with the showcase and auction though.

I think if NDSU put in a little effort and did something like und did this spring, it would get giant interest and be a lot of fun.

I got a quick overview from a co-worker and it sounded like they did a fine job. Special focus on being "kid friendly".

One interesting thing was pass, punt and kick contests for the kids at halftime. They represented the Green or the White team and the kids that won scored 3 points for their team. Hokey? Maybe. Think the kids were excited? Yeah. They'll remember it for a long time.

HerdBot
04-18-2011, 05:35 PM

It's not just the spring game...

We're getting complacent in a lot of different areas and we need to pay attention to the little details. UND, SDSU, The Force, and other schools are kicking our butts from a marketing perspective. (in some areas of details)

Why are we one of the only schools that don't have an iPhone/ Droid applications and improved website? Why do we not have a media guide on the website? How did SDSU get the coach Stieg show on flippin' Fox Sport Net North. How the hell did that happen? How did the Force create an electric atmospher in only a few years? Why is student attendance dropping even though we have a good product? Why do we see so many blue seats? Why is the PA announcer ten times louder than the music?

The good news is they are quick to address issues. They just need us to keep giving feedback.

roadwarrior
04-18-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm with the rest of you, the marketing has a lot to be desired.

TransAmBison
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm with the rest of you, the marketing has a lot to be desired.
Are we sure that the marketing dept has not been infiltrated by a school that must not be named? Smart enough to not let the marketing dept completely implode, but doing just enough to seem busy.

EndZoneQB
04-18-2011, 06:47 PM

This. I'd gladly bring my smoker out there and compete for BBQ...

DjKyRo
04-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Love the idea of a BBQ cook-off. Everybody wins.

HerdBot
04-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I got a quick overview from a co-worker and it sounded like they did a fine job. Special focus on being "kid friendly".

One interesting thing was pass, punt and kick contests for the kids at halftime. They represented the Green or the White team and the kids that won scored 3 points for their team. Hokey? Maybe. Think the kids were excited? Yeah. They'll remember it for a long time.

Looks like they are taking a page out of the Force playbook. They have kids hockey games right on the ice and the kids love it as do the fans.

silkamilkamonico
04-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Has the marketing department ever released a statement on behalf of their IMHO terrible exposure. It seems like people have complained about the marketing department in regards to the spring game/the lack of tv coverage/etc.. and with good reason. Surely NDSU is aware of it and how unhappy people are aboiut it by now?

aces1180
04-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Why doesn't someone with some stroke bring this up at Teammakers? Ask why there seems to be a lack of imagination and creativity.

EndZoneQB
04-18-2011, 11:52 PM
I got it. During the regular season, I will promote EndZoneQB's End Zone BBQ contest! Ribs, brisket, chicken, and sausage.

56BISON73
04-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I got it. During the regular season, I will promote EndZoneQB's End Zone BBQ contest! Ribs, brisket, chicken, and sausage.

Did you say SAUSAGE???????:duel:

DjKyRo
04-18-2011, 11:55 PM

We'll plug it on the radio!

EndZoneQB
04-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Did you say SAUSAGE???????:duel:

I did! Obviously, the category is merely a formality as we can't top PL's sausage...

I'm in for this! Maybe we do it like homecoming or something with the most turn out? I might just start a new thread now.

AjaxTheMighty
04-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Okay, so how do we make enough noise to help promote change? I think this is a good discussion. I really hope it is one that is being talked about at NDSU. Because, although we are the most dominant athletic force in the entire region, we are under marketed and it's starting to get embarrassing. Our teams in a majority of sports offered have out-shined the very spotlight that is on them now. That shouldn't happen. Fargo-Moorhead has 210,000 people. It's time this University does something about it. First, they need to create a ALL-BISON television station. I can't believe that hasn't happened yet. I know a few team makers, including one who was the TM prez a few years ago. If I get his ear I would like to see if something can be done because this is a problem. Team makers are the ones to talk to. They have a nice big presence in NDSU athletics. Let's not just talk about it. Lets figure out what we can do to help push change.

Hammersmith
04-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Hopefully, UND's improvement of their spring game experience this year will snap our marketing department out of their complacency. I don't really expect it will, but we can hope.

HerdBot
04-19-2011, 03:54 AM

Plug it more on the days leading up to it... don't think many students listen on Saturday afternoon. People need a few days to plan.

56BISON73
04-19-2011, 04:05 AM
All of these ideas and bitches goes no where and accomplishes nothing if its only communicated on this venue. What you need to do is DELUGE NDSU with your ideas via email and phone calls to show there is a viable interest. Show example of other universities spring games ex UND, MN , Alabama etc.
You need to have a point man as a point of contact. You also need to start your push alot sooner than 2 week before the event. This happens every year. People start bitch 2 weeks out instead of planning ahead. Do you think you can move through the system in a 2 week period? Good luck.
But start making phone calls now and ask whats been planned for tailgating before the spring game.. If they dont have anything planned ask why not.
If you really want something done you need one person to take the lead on this and follow through until its accomplished.

EndZoneQB
04-19-2011, 05:31 AM
All of these ideas and bitches goes no where and accomplishes nothing if its only communicated on this venue. What you need to do is DELUGE NDSU with your ideas via email and phone calls to show there is a viable interest. Show example of other universities spring games ex UND, MN , Alabama etc.
You need to have a point man as a point of contact. You also need to start your push alot sooner than 2 week before the event. This happens every year. People start bitch 2 weeks out instead of planning ahead. Do you think you can move through the system in a 2 week period? Good luck.
But start making phone calls now and ask whats been planned for tailgating before the spring game.. If they dont have anything planned ask why not.
If you really want something done you need one person to take the lead on this and follow through until its accomplished.

I will gladly step up to the plate to make calls/emails if needed. Just give me some direction and I will run with it. I am usually in the car most of the day anyway so I can always get personal calls, etc too.

TransAmBison
04-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I will gladly step up to the plate to make calls/emails if needed. Just give me some direction and I will run with it. I am usually in the car most of the day anyway so I can always get personal calls, etc too.
Better not be any texting, though. :D

Bisonfan1
04-19-2011, 06:53 PM

I would venture to say that they all know about other spring game activities at differant venues and choose to keep with the same old same old. I would think the dark side no fun crowd at NDSU has something to do with this and just cant fiquire out how to expand the spring game into a money making machine with more than 2 thousand people showing up - pathetic is what it is. Those who think that NDSU is still D2 and still has D2 thinking are probably correct in that opinion. After awhile you get sick of the same old response of " Great Idea, we will look into it " So everyone who calls, sends e-mails, letters etc. all I have to say is good luck, and enjoy the same routine for at least the next 5 years.

56BISON73
04-19-2011, 07:07 PM
I would venture to say that they all know about other spring game activities at differant venues and choose to keep with the same old same old. I would think the dark side no fun crowd at NDSU has something to do with this and just cant fiquire out how to expand the spring game into a money making machine with more than 2 thousand people showing up - pathetic is what it is. Those who think that NDSU is still D2 and still has D2 thinking are probably correct in that opinion. After awhile you get sick of the same old response of " Great Idea, we will look into it " So everyone who calls, sends e-mails, letters etc. all I have to say is good luck, and enjoy the same routine for at least the next 5 years.

I agree to a certain extent. But you have to start somewhere.
You have to stay on there ass to get anything done. You need a point man to follow up and walk this through all the steps IF you really want this to happen. Remember THEY arent going to expend the energy just because some want another excuse to tailgate. You have to show a benefit.

99Bison
04-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Is peoples deeper and better involvement in your product a benefit? Is marketing a benefit? Or are benefits only limited to a direct one to one dollar ratio?

TransAmBison
04-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Is peoples deeper and better involvement in your product a benefit? Is marketing a benefit? Or are benefits only limited to a direct one to one dollar ratio?
Sounds like a speech likely given at the bunny ranch. Sound about right Notorious?

56BISON73
04-19-2011, 07:53 PM

You know as well as I do that one person only looks at $$$$$

TransAmBison
04-19-2011, 07:57 PM
You know as well as I do that one person only looks at $$$$$
I see what you are saying PL, but the simple truth is NDSU does lack vision. If the fans have to write in to get this going it is a sad commentary on their marketing/media/athletic dept. I agree the complaining on here achieves no purpose...but it doesn't take away from my point.

Bisonfan1
04-19-2011, 08:15 PM
All the fans, tailgators, Team Makers etc. are all customers of NDSU when we write a check or open our billfold to any event function etc. NDSU should be continously looking at ways to better treat their customers and they are not. Another excuse to tailgate ?? so what, if done properly it would benefit NDSU more than the tailgators, but in turn they would be treating their customers like other BIG TIME venues. Lots of thing could be a win win situation. I do not believe for one minute that the mucky mucks do not have the vision, knowledge or know how, how to better treat their customers. And if they dont see what other schools are doing succesfully and try some new things out without it being requested by fans, then they are running a piss poor customer service and should seek employment else where.

56BISON73
04-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I see what you are saying PL, but the simple truth is NDSU does lack vision. If the fans have to write in to get this going it is a sad commentary on their marketing/media/athletic dept. I agree the complaining on here achieves no purpose...but it doesn't take away from my point.

Some have vision others only look at one thing that they think is important. IMO everything is very compartmentalized so nobody wants to step on others toes. So the big boys need to get hammered with the complaints ideas etc.
Remember you are working within the system(which sucks)
but you have to stay at it to get anything accomplished.

56BISON73
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
All the fans, tailgators, Team Makers etc. are all customers of NDSU when we write a check or open our billfold to any event function etc. NDSU should be continously looking at ways to better treat their customers and they are not. Another excuse to tailgate ?? so what, if done properly it would benefit NDSU more than the tailgators, but in turn they would be treating their customers like other BIG TIME venues. Lots of thing could be a win win situation. I do not believe for one minute that the mucky mucks do not have the vision, knowledge or know how, how to better treat their customers. And if they dont see what other schools are doing succesfully and try some new things out without it being requested by fans, then they are running a piss poor customer service and should seek employment else where.

Send this everyone at NDSU. Word for word. I like it!!!!!

TransAmBison
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Some have vision others only look at one thing that they think is important. IMO everything is very compartmentalized so nobody wants to step on others toes. So the big boys need to get hammered with the complaints ideas etc.
Remember you are working within the system(which sucks)
but you have to stay at it to get anything accomplished.
:cheers: So we should offer them Das Boot? :cheers:

Bisonfan1
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Send this everyone at NDSU. Word for word. I like it!!!!!

I wont have to send it myself, most will read it here, or the spys will forward it, then I will be back on the watch list. Whatever, if they would work together rather than patting each other on the back they would get alot more accomplished.

56BISON73
04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
I wont have to send it myself, most will read it here, or the spys will forward it, then I will be back on the watch list. Whatever, if they would work together rather than patting each other on the back they would get alot more accomplished.

Spies?????????

Bisonfan1
04-19-2011, 08:36 PM
To be proactive, A TailGators commitee should be formed with a representative from some of the large groups, small groups and independants to take up one hour of their time twice a year to voice concerns and ideas implimentation. Road Warrior should be on this commitee for sure and you Pat, as you guys travel more than probably anyone and would have good input as to what other schools are doing that could benefit NDSU. Again I believe they are smart enough to move forward with things and know what they are, but nobody there will take the lead.

roadwarrior
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
To be proactive, A TailGators commitee should be formed with a representative from some of the large groups, small groups and independants to take up one hour of their time twice a year to voice concerns and ideas implimentation. Road Warrior should be on this commitee for sure and you Pat, as you guys travel more than probably anyone and would have good input as to what other schools are doing that could benefit NDSU. Again I believe they are smart enough to move forward with things and know what they are, but nobody there will take the lead.

They already have or at least had a tailgating committee.

Notorious
04-19-2011, 09:29 PM
"They" should hire some guys/gals and call them...let's see??....the "marketing" department...has a ring to it!!...then, these people could do a variety of things to positively promote NDSU Athletics, as well as improve the "experience" for its clients.

On second thought, it will never work...I'm so stupid...sorry.

4mcruenomore
04-19-2011, 09:46 PM
I am on "the watch list" also, maybe the first order of business of a committee would be to get rid of the list.

TransAmBison
04-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I am on "the watch list" also, maybe the first order of business of a committee would be to get rid of the list.
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows the guy who got rid of the NDSU Baseball roster. Nice little fire. Nothing will ever resurface. He'll come at a price, though. Feel free to send the money through western union. 100% risky free.*

*No goats were harmed in the making of this post.

SDbison
04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
They already have or at least had a tailgating committee.
Who are the suck ups with no brains that are on the so called tailgating committee? Seriously!
The only recent changes have been to dramatically increase parking space costs 5x to get a reserved spot.......other than that there have been a bunch of new restictive and controlling rules. Likely more security because that just enhances the experience and reduces revenue (good move there NDSU and the Dome). Also, have not seen a band (not Gold Star) in the lot for a long time.

#1 PL this messageboard is for discussing ideas and maybe most of us little guys are not yet ready to formally present anything to NDSU. Actually there are a few here at Bisonville that already have contacts within NDSU and could easily carry the torch but choose not to.

#2 We all know many important people and those with contacts regularly read Bisonville. They should get the message that Marketing sucks for the Spring game.

#3 Obviously the message is not welcome due to a comfort factor in keeping things as they are or just making small changes. Its time to start being creative enough to think outside the box. These people get PAID to come up with ideas........they need to do some research on their own to find out what big time programs do to make their spring game a win-win for the university and the fans Who is in charge of Sports Marketing at NDSU? Anybody know?

BlueBisonRock
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
:cheers: So we should offer them Das Boot? :cheers:

Nope. We should offer them da boot! :banghead:

aces1180
04-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Who are the suck ups with no brains that are on the so called tailgating committee? Seriously!
The only recent changes have been to dramatically increase parking space costs 5x to get a reserved spot.......other than that there have been a bunch of new restictive and controlling rules. Likely more security because that just enhances the experience and reduces revenue (good move there NDSU and the Dome). Also, have not seen a band (not Gold Star) in the lot for a long time.

#1 PL this messageboard is for discussing ideas and maybe most of us little guys are not yet ready to formally present anything to NDSU. Actually there are a few here at Bisonville that already have contacts within NDSU and could easily carry the torch but choose not to.

#2 We all know many important people and those with contacts regularly read Bisonville. They should get the message that Marketing sucks for the Spring game.

#3 Obviously the message is not welcome due to a comfort factor in keeping things as they are or just making small changes. Its time to start being creative enough to think outside the box. These people get PAID to come up with ideas........they need to do some research on their own to find out what big time programs do to make their spring game a win-win for the university and the fans Who is in charge of Sports Marketing at NDSU? Anybody know?

Troy Georgen is the Associate AD of Marketing...

56BISON73
04-19-2011, 11:02 PM

Why not? Its bitched about every year. If its something that you feel passionate about why would wait for someone else to present your ideas-concerns. I say this because may be your ideas-concerns arent issues with the majority of people and those people arent going to present your concerns because its not a concern of theirs.

From the just of your message you are playing the blame game. You are accusing others of being suck asses when you dont know who they are and what they may have presented and their ideas.. Plus you blaming others for not taking your concerns to the powers that be when you wont do so yourself. How do you expect people to forward anything on when you sit here in judgement and bad mouth them?

Notorious
04-20-2011, 01:03 AM
For crying out loud you guys...I'll talk to Lakes....jeesh...!

KilldeerBison
04-20-2011, 01:09 AM
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows the guy who got rid of the NDSU Baseball roster. Nice little fire. Nothing will ever resurface. He'll come at a price, though. Feel free to send the money through western union. 100% risky free.*

*Only a small goat was harmed in the making of this post.

Careful Gobizon, you may be required to get a tatoo with sexual innuendo :offtopic:

Notorious
04-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Careful Gobizon, you may be required to get a tatoo with sexual innuendo :offtopic:

"Sexual innuendo" is a hard topic to stay on top of. As a humor tool, it stands erect in the English language. While there are no hard and fast rules as to what constitutes sexual innuendo, many people have mass-debated over the ins-and-outs of the topic, and now the general principles at the root of the topic are firm and well-rounded. However, full penetration of the subject requires that the reader take a long, hard look at the target and be a cunning linguist in order to avoid limp phrases and imbibe the phrase with a large handful of meanings. The topic can become hot by attempting to grasp it, and the more one experiments with it, the more interested they become. Also, as the language changes innuendos must change in order to fill the newly created holes and satisfy listeners.

IzzyFlexion
04-20-2011, 01:56 AM
"Sexual innuendo" is a hard topic to stay on top of. As a humor tool, it stands erect in the English language. While there are no hard and fast rules as to what constitutes sexual innuendo, many people have mass-debated over the ins-and-outs of the topic, and now the general principles at the root of the topic are firm and well-rounded. However, full penetration of the subject requires that the reader take a long, hard look at the target and be a cunning linguist in order to avoid limp phrases and imbibe the phrase with a large handful of meanings. The topic can become hot by attempting to grasp it, and the more one experiments with it, the more interested they become. Also, as the language changes innuendos must change in order to fill the newly created holes and satisfy listeners.

dammit!
this was just starting to get good and I lost my phone reception on this fricking' blazing hot city bus. Hope I can get a ride home. I'm sure that I can get my girlfriend to come in just a few seconds. I can't wait to get off. God, am I f*cking hot!! First thing I'm gonna do when I get home is take off my pants and jacket.

tony
04-20-2011, 01:56 AM

That's What She... er, That's What She Wrote in Her Dissertation.

SDbison
04-20-2011, 03:18 AM
Why not? Its bitched about every year. If its something that you feel passionate about why would wait for someone else to present your ideas-concerns. I say this because may be your ideas-concerns arent issues with the majority of people and those people arent going to present your concerns because its not a concern of theirs.

From the just of your message you are playing the blame game. You are accusing others of being suck asses when you dont know who they are and what they may have presented and their ideas.. Plus you blaming others for not taking your concerns to the powers that be when you wont do so yourself. How do you expect people to forward anything on when you sit here in judgement and bad mouth them?
You also seem to do well sitting in judgement of others PL........just saying.

56BISON73
04-20-2011, 03:27 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=nfp-20110418_dont_tell_the_sec_that_theyre_just_spring _games

I will forward this on to Troy. May others can do the same and forward to others in the system?

rockybison
04-20-2011, 03:32 AM
Didn't und's spring game have a lot more planning and fun than our's. That just doesn't seem right.

VanClubPres
04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Didn't und's spring game have a lot more planning and fun than our's. That just doesn't seem right.

We should be more like UND.

Blealeacegh.

I just threw up in my mouth.

(throw up sounds are tough to spell)

344Johnson
04-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Well the thing about und is that they can plan a lot more cause they are crazy fast at everything.

Bison bison
04-20-2011, 03:17 PM
So what's the deal with tailgating?

Southeast side of the dome.

Not officially allowed, but tolerated?

roadwarrior
04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
So what's the deal with tailgating?

East lot. Easy to spot.

TransAmBison
04-20-2011, 03:54 PM
East lot. Easy to spot.
We'll be the ones in handcuffs. :D

BlueBisonRock
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
We'll be the ones in handcuffs. :D

Oh? So EZQB will be there. :hide:

TransAmBison
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Not for long.

EndZoneQB
04-20-2011, 04:00 PM

Take it to the bank!

Answer Guy
04-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Not for long.

Will you be posting pictures?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/b13218.jpg

TransAmBison
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Will you be posting pictures?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/b13218.jpg
I'm doubting pics will happen this time. The wife will be working so the TAB will have two 3 1/2 year old kids to watch out at tailgating and the game. They are excited...I am nervous.

bisonmike2
04-20-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm doubting pics will happen this time. The wife will be working so the TAB will have two 3 1/2 year old kids to watch out at tailgating and the game. They are excited...I am nervous.

Just leave them in the smokers exit. It's fenced in, they'll be fine.

TransAmBison
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Just leave them in the smokers exit. It's fenced in, they'll be fine.
Yeah, but I'll never get them to sleep if they smoke for that long.

bisonmike2
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Yeah, but I'll never get them to sleep if they smoke for that long.

That's why you let them drink at the tailgating party before you go into the game.

BlueBisonRock
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
That's why you let them drink at the tailgating party before you go into the game.

Or take them to Applebees for their new Kid Coolers. :hide:

Answer Guy
04-20-2011, 05:01 PM
The wife will be working so the TAB will have two 3 1/2 year old kids to watch out at tailgating and the game. They are excited...I am nervous.

Free beer for me = I will watch them during the game.

Bisonfan1
04-20-2011, 05:34 PM

I dont think TAB wants the kids in head condoms :D

BisonBabe
04-20-2011, 05:51 PM

If Bisonbabette attends the Spring game she may be able to assist you with them. She loves kids.

Answer Guy
04-20-2011, 06:24 PM
If Bisonbabette attends the Spring game she may be able to assist you with them. She loves kids.

Trying to undercut my price? Tough times out there, people.:D

Bison bison
04-20-2011, 08:54 PM

They could crash my son's birthday party.

CAS4127
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM

Why haven't you volunteered this every other time you have drank "free beer" while tailgating with TAB?

Answer Guy
04-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Why haven't you volunteered this every other time you have drank "free beer" while tailgating with TAB?

1. I only mooched once.
2. Never saw any youngsters to help out with.
3. Since MommaTranny will be busy, I will also offer to bring some clothing for the kiddos so they will be properly attired.

CAS4127
04-20-2011, 09:49 PM
1. I only mooched once.
2. Never saw any youngsters to help out with.
3. Since MommaTranny will be busy, I will also offer to bring some clothing for the kiddos so they will be properly attired.

So, without being asked, you were actually looking for youngsters?!!

Sounds like you're the one that should be handcuffed.

On another note, I was thinking now that Lakes is banned from BV and tailgaiting that Note will probably attempt to take over the rainforest given its proximity to the porta-potties--ya think???!!!!!

rutlandbison
04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
In order to make good coleslaw, you must be able to perfectly balance sweet and tangy.

Notorious
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
So, without being asked, you were actually looking for youngsters?!!

Sounds like you're the one that should be handcuffed.

On another note, I was thinking now that Lakes is banned from BV and tailgaiting that Note will probably attempt to take over the rainforest given its proximity to the porta-potties--ya think???!!!!!

I'm getting abused today!!!...yes, I will take over the "Rainforest". I'm kind of a big deal on the college scene these days...like a father figure really...

56BISON73
04-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Response from NDSU on tailgating during spring game.

Hi Pat:

Thanks for the email. Gene mentioned that he responded to similar request, so he may have already responded.

At this time, we cannot create a formal tailgate atmosphere like we do in the fall because of our agreement with the city. However, if you choose to do something on your own, please feel free to tailgate in the west lots. Like last year, the Fargodome will have a staff presence to ensure safety, responsibility, etc.

Although there is no formal tailgate - the Bison Showcase, Bison Family Breakfast, Locker Room Sale and BBQ Bootcamp are options for fans. More information on the weekend can be found in the links below:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12289&SPID=714&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=204928547&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Troy Goergen

Associate Athletic Director

Marketing & Media Relations

p: 701.231.7811

f: 701.231.8022

IzzyFlexion
04-20-2011, 11:12 PM
We should be more like UND.

Blealeacegh.

I just threw up in my mouth.

(throw up sounds are tough to spell)

Sometimes a visual substitute helps to paint the picture.

http://i53.tinypic.com/1zvaiyq.gif

SDbison
04-21-2011, 04:30 AM
Response from NDSU on tailgating during spring game.

Hi Pat:

Thanks for the email. Gene mentioned that he responded to similar request, so he may have already responded.

At this time, we cannot create a formal tailgate atmosphere like we do in the fall because of our agreement with the city. However, if you choose to do something on your own, please feel free to tailgate in the west lots. Like last year, the Fargodome will have a staff presence to ensure safety, responsibility, etc.

Although there is no formal tailgate - the Bison Showcase, Bison Family Breakfast, Locker Room Sale and BBQ Bootcamp are options for fans. More information on the weekend can be found in the links below:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12289&SPID=714&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=204928547&DB_OEM_ID=2400

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Troy Goergen

Associate Athletic Director

Marketing & Media Relations

p: 701.231.7811

f: 701.231.8022
In other words NDSU will do the same old stuff on Saturday with no attempt to increase interest or attendance........bunch of turds in the punch bowl PL.

56BISON73
04-21-2011, 04:35 AM
[QUOTE=SDbison;493900]In other words NDSU will do the same old stuff on Saturday with no attempt to increase interest or attendance........bunch of turds in the punch bowl PL.[/QUOT

What do you suggest they do?

sambini
04-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Info on the spring game has been on facebook and thru email notices also,. I have donated to the auction. Bison Showcase should be a good time. Wish I could be there but will be at Drake Relays.

roadwarrior
04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
.... I have donated to the auction.....

Who's going to bid on the Bud?

2910Bison
04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Info on the spring game has been on facebook and thru email notices also,. I have donated to the auction. Bison Showcase should be a good time. Wish I could be there but will be at Drake Relays.

I have heard promotions on KFAN many times over the last 3 weeks.

Bison bison
04-21-2011, 03:27 PM

West or East?

I need to know. I've got some invites going out to some well-heeled four year olds and it would be embarrassing to have them go to the wrong side...

Also here's my response:

Mr. Rothstein.

Not officially like in the fall. Last year some groups set up on there own. The Dome staff monitored them but there did not seem to be an issue. Look on our web as to what we have going around the spring game. Friday night event and silent auction, pancake breakfast and locker room sale, etc. This is our fourth or fifth year we have been doing a lot around the spring game.

Also, thank you for your $150 million dollar donation to NDSU athletics. Your gift will make completion of the Bison Athletic Hippodrome possible.

Gene

HerdBot
04-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I have heard promotions on KFAN many times over the last 3 weeks.

Me too but they have no mention of the spring game itself and it doesn't mention the fact it is free.

bisonfan08
04-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Me too but they have no mention of the spring game itself and it doesn't mention the fact it is free.

Yeah I have to admit up until last year I always thought you had to buy tickets for the spring game, people like free, I think that should be promo'd big time

TransAmBison
04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah I have to admit up until last year I always thought you had to buy tickets for the spring game, people like free, I think that should be promo'd big time
The marketing dept really needs new blood. This makes me think about the yard signs that come out in summer that they really make you work for to get...as in we'll tell you when and where to get them but you better hurry cause there's only so many until we surprise you again with some at another location blah, blah, blah. Why make it so hard?

2910Bison
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=TransAmBison;493979]The marketing dept really needs new blood. This makes me think about the yard signs that come out in summer that they really make you work for to get...as in we'll tell you when and where to get them but you better hurry cause there's only so many until we surprise you again with some at another location blah, blah, blah. Why make it so hard QUOTE]

Since you gave me crap the first time I posted, and again yesterday, I just have to say that I bet that is not what she said!:confused:

Watch out, I am learning fast.:bow:

TransAmBison
04-21-2011, 04:08 PM
[quote=TransAmBison;493979]The marketing dept really needs new blood. This makes me think about the yard signs that come out in summer that they really make you work for to get...as in we'll tell you when and where to get them but you better hurry cause there's only so many until we surprise you again with some at another location blah, blah, blah. Why make it so hard QUOTE]

Since you gave me crap the first time I posted, and again yesterday, I just have to say that I bet that is not what she said!:confused:

Watch out, I am learning fast.:bow:
Oh, she did say you were fast. :( :( :( :( :( :(

SDbison
04-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Can somebody with time to do so just send Troy or whoever a nice e-mail stating more needs to be done for the spring game and then attach a link to this thread. The ideas discussed here should be golden for marketing folks looking for input........unless they don't care what the customer thinks. :mad:

56BISON73
04-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Can somebody with time to do so just send Troy or whoever a nice e-mail stating more needs to be done for the spring game and then attach a link to this thread. The ideas discussed here should be golden for marketing folks looking for input........unless they don't care what the customer thinks. :mad:

Have you ever thought they do in fact care but there hands are tied on certain issues? Think to your own job. When somebody makes a suggestion do you implement it right away or is there a process that it has to go through?

TransAmBison
04-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Have you ever thought they do in fact care but there hands are tied on certain issues? Think to your own job. When somebody makes a suggestion do you implement it right away or is there a process that it has to go through?
As far as tailgating, I agree with you 100% PL. After talking to Gene last year at the spring game I see the hurdles they have. I don't really think I should repeat the conversation on BV, but he is in favor of us tailgating. It simply cannot be advertised at this point.
The marketing dept has plenty of other issues, though. No dvd this year...it wasn't like we had the greatest year in football...but we did make an impressive run in the playoffs...a run that could have sold a fair number of dvds which would have translated into $$$. Look at the commercials...the billboards...not cool. The commercials have not been any good for years. Will you be there was a good slogan...but they have beaten that horse. The laundry...wow...epic failure. Seriously, the marketing dept is doing just enough to get by. I understand they don't have money to throw away, but the marketing dept needs creative people. Look at some of the commercials posted on teh interwebs by third parties...some good stuff out there.

EastCoastBison
04-22-2011, 02:03 PM
As far as tailgating, I agree with you 100% PL. After talking to Gene last year at the spring game I see the hurdles they have. I don't really think I should repeat the conversation on BV, but he is in favor of us tailgating. It simply cannot be advertised at this point.
The marketing dept has plenty of other issues, though. No dvd this year...it wasn't like we had the greatest year in football...but we did make an impressive run in the playoffs...a run that could have sold a fair number of dvds which would have translated into $$$. Look at the commercials...the billboards...not cool. The commercials have not been any good for years. Will you be there was a good slogan...but they have beaten that horse. The laundry...wow...epic failure. Seriously, the marketing dept is doing just enough to get by. I understand they don't have money to throw away, but the marketing dept needs creative people. Look at some of the commercials posted on teh interwebs by third parties...some good stuff out there.

This. Couldn't the marketing department hold a fan-created commercial contest, and pick the best one as a real commercial? It would get a large amount of free potential commercials to choose from. Even if you give the winner free tickets or something like that it would still be cheaper then paying for a "professional" commercial

TransAmBison
04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
This. Couldn't the marketing department hold a fan-created commercial contest, and pick the best one as a real commercial? It would get a large amount of free potential commercials to choose from. Even if you give the winner free tickets or something like that it would still be cheaper then paying for a "professional" commercial
All they would have to do is have the winner put on air...that would be enough by itself...

GOB1SON
04-22-2011, 03:00 PM
That also might be a great way to get students involved.

I know they did the Youtube video thing a couple of years ago, but what if it was something that would be featured on the website and possibly developed into a TV or radio spot, with credit given?

Use some of the "creative juice" drinking a case of Keystone Light inspires!

EndZoneQB
04-22-2011, 04:11 PM

Agreed, Gene is definitely a "good guy" in all of this banter. After my meeting with Gene and everyone, I have a great deal of respect for him(not that I didn't before, but meeting him on a personal level qualifies it), and he gets what we want to see out of the game day experience. If he had his way, we would probably have everything we have been talking about here.

NorthernBison
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM
How about a contest for a fan "chant" with the winner turning it into a commercial?

DjKyRo
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
How about a contest for a fan "chant" with the winner turning it into a commercial?

They did exactly that, actually, to start last season. They chant was awful.

TransAmBison
04-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I would agree. The best chants are spur of the moment...except for the Let's go Bison that Lakes started. :D

DjKyRo
04-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I would agree. The best chants are spur of the moment...except for the Let's go Bison that Lakes started. :D

Right. Chants-wise I'm not too hung up, something during starting lineups at hoops games would be tight but most of this will be the product of a few students who just do it every freaking time they can for like two years. That'll come around with success.

NorthernBison
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM

I was there. Worst idea. EVER.

* That post was my impersonation of Izzy. You know, adding nothing but lame humor. (I was going to say TAB but that would be risky)

DjKyRo
04-22-2011, 04:39 PM

* That post was my impersonation of Izzy. You know, adding nothing but lame humor. (I was going to say TAB but that would be risky)

I was doing a call that game (must've been Morgan St.) and my co-host and I just looked each other going "What the f%#$ was that?"

TransAmBison
04-22-2011, 04:39 PM

Oh c'mon...as the scammers say it is 100% risky free. :D

BlueBisonRock
04-22-2011, 05:09 PM

What is this? You fear the TAB, but mock the Izz? :omfg:

TransAmBison
04-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Doesn't say much for Izzy, does it?:facepalm:

NorthernBison
04-22-2011, 05:27 PM

Well, Izzy is more of a homey. The Rev is just too dangerous to mess with. Go with what you know. Fear the unknown.

The Lost Dutchman
04-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Bison showcase on 2011 information, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aASHmdFrwJ0. Come out and meet Puffy and other KFGO peeps and the rest of the Bison coaches.:D

bluebison35
04-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Anybody else in love with Amy Iller's sexy raspy voice? Maybe I shouldn't of said anything.:hide:

JustinTyem
04-22-2011, 08:17 PM
:judges:
Anybody else in love with Amy Iller's sexy raspy voice? Maybe I shouldn't of said anything.:hide::judges: :group: :bowdown:

All I can say is .................DAMN

56BISON73
04-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Agreed, Gene is definitely a "good guy" in all of this banter. After my meeting with Gene and everyone, I have a great deal of respect for him(not that I didn't before, but meeting him on a personal level qualifies it), and he gets what we want to see out of the game day experience. If he had his way, we would probably have everything we have been talking about here.

You are 100% correct.

Bison bison
04-22-2011, 08:50 PM
"What the f%#$ was that?"

twss to djkyro

sambini
04-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Bison showcase on 2011 information, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aASHmdFrwJ0. Come out and meet Puffy and other KFGO peeps and the rest of the Bison coaches.:D

Hats off to KFGO for your support of NDSU Athletics....

coldspot
04-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Hats off to KFGO for your support of NDSU Athletics....

couldn't get gap tooth to wear a bison shirt though...

56BISON73
04-23-2011, 01:26 AM

So for the spring game they have the Bison Showcase, Bison Family Breakfast, Locker Room Sale and BBQ Bootcamp. Plus tailgating and the game that people can get in for free.. So what are people pissing and moaning about?

westnodak93bison
04-23-2011, 01:46 AM
So for the spring game they have the Bison Showcase, Bison Family Breakfast, Locker Room Sale and BBQ Bootcamp. Plus tailgating and the game that people can get in for free.. So what are people pissing and moaning about?

Piss and moan until we get a sold out spring game, 5k member Gold Star Band, packed tailgating lot, free flowing beer in the dome followed by city wide packed bars with all patrons wearing the green and gold.

Gully
04-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Reminds me of the one about the farmer who had his junk sewed onto his mouth. That way he could piss and moan at the same time.

EndZoneQB
04-23-2011, 04:14 AM

I think they just want more things around the game time...making it a reason for people to gather. Sure, we all know we can tailgate without incident, but because it isn't sponsored, it doesn't reach the masses. The game isn't an event yet. Slowly but surely I have a feeling the number will grow as people see us out there before the game. Frankly, I had a blast last year at the Spring Game, it's just a different vibe and a nice offseason perk.

On the other hand, it is a little frustrating that as the AD, he can't do more personally, but I get it.

IzzyFlexion
04-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Well, Izzy is more of a homey. The Rev is just too dangerous to mess with. Go with what you know. Fear the unknown.

Hello NorthernBison.....
I'm back in Cavalier County visiting relatives this week. Would you like to meet me at the Viking Cafe in Langdon today? I'd like to have a friend (homey) for dinner. Perhaps we could talk about how one evaluates the potential danger that one is capable of.

http://www.sfdiplomat.net/sf_diplomat/200711091858.jpg

NorthernBison
04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Hello NorthernBison.....
I'm back in Cavalier County visiting relatives this week. Would you like to meet me at the Viking Cafe in Langdon today? I'd like to have a friend (homey) for dinner. Perhaps we could talk about how one evaluates the potential danger that one is capable of.

http://www.sfdiplomat.net/sf_diplomat/200711091858.jpg

No problem Doc.

TransAmBison
04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Seriously? You really don't get it or do you just want to argue?

Bisonfan1
04-23-2011, 04:11 PM
The one thing I dont get is the BBQ boot camp AFTER the game. Again another example of missing the boat by not having organized tailgating. I hope its well attended AFTER the game, but I have my doubts a whole lot of people will be there. My spring game experience is allready all but ruined as PL wont be there with sausage. He could have put on the Sausage Boot Camp BEFORE the game.

HerdBot
04-23-2011, 04:43 PM

The laundry campain! Wow I forgot about that one. The only thing worse was "scream yellow." Your right about the "will you be there?"but it got old. I thought Bison Strong was ok but we want better than ok.

I love the videos they ran during the playoffs. Those had an epic feel to them.

They always have a few good ideas but they can't put it all together. Getting fan input would help.

#1 they don't do a good job of creating story lines to get fans pumped up. Most people dont have a clue how good the competition is. People want to see a good game.

Last year the best attended game was "the battle of the Brewster beaters." It was a great story line and the Minneapolis media ran with it.

The easy to promote games this year...

UNI - has beaten us 3 years in a row and won x amount of championships. Is this the year we take the next step? Game will probably have playoff implications.

Youngstown - 6x National Champions face off against 8x National Championships. Last game was an epic battle. Show highlights of Howard catch. Playoffs in sight...

The Lost Dutchman
04-23-2011, 06:49 PM
It'd be pretty cool to see videos such as these, except with the NDSU Coaches and Thundar,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3H70lYqnL0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeAwbOLuXJM

Something different kind of like the ESPN commercials that promotes the product and adds humor to it.

Bison bison
04-24-2011, 01:50 AM
My spring game experience is allready all but ruined as PL wont be there with sausage. He could have put on the Sausage Boot Camp BEFORE the game.

:facepalm2: :facepalm2:

CHADSTAUS
04-26-2011, 02:24 AM
The "Bus" comes out of storage Wed...........To be continued.............