PDA

View Full Version : Signing Day Party

Bison Dan
02-03-2011, 12:53 PM
The party was almost anti-climatic as we all knew who the recruits were but it was fun to listen to coach Polasek run though the new recruits. I like the defensive players the best as I think they have the most potential. We had a few recruits that turned down FBC offers which was cool. Also our walk-on's look really good. Coach Polasek said a couple had scholarship money offered from "guess who" and they still came to NDSU as a walk-on. Kind of tells you something.

Kermit
02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
The party was almost anti-climatic as we all knew who the recruits were but it was fun to listen to coach Polasek run though the new recruits. I like the defensive players the best as I think they have the most potential. We had a few recruits that turned down FBC offers which was cool. Also our walk-on's look really good. Coach Polasek said a couple had scholarship money offered from "guess who" and they still came to NDSU as a walk-on. Kind of tells you something.

For those of us who were unable to attend, I would appreciate hearing about what the coaches had to say and what you all thought of the highlight videos.

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2011, 02:54 PM
For a second I thought it was Saul up there talking.:D :D :D :D as it seemed the overriding theme was length then speed and athleticism. Lots of potential in the group, will be interesting to see how they develop.

SiouxFan
02-03-2011, 03:00 PM

Who were those players?

Bison Dan
02-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Who were those players?

He didn't single out anyone individual but said some had money offers.

lakesbison
02-03-2011, 03:08 PM
All the walkons.

BadlandsBison
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
He didn't single out anyone individual but said some had money offers.

Yep, sounded like more than one.

Spiker
02-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Who were those players?

I went to the Sioux signing party last night. Even though UND won some recruiting battles with NDSU never once was NDSU brought up. It is interesting to see which school has gotten over the other. I sure am glad that NDSU coaches are talking about UND at their signing party. Keep it up.

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I went to the Sioux signing party last night. Even though UND won some recruiting battles with NDSU never once was NDSU brought up. It is interesting to see which school has gotten over the other. I sure am glad that NDSU coaches are talking about UND at their signing party. Keep it up.

Ya people have a tendency to not talk about losses and failures.;) ;) ;) But thanks for your continued interest in Bison athletics.

tony
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM

Was the University of Sioux Falls brought up?

aces1180

UND got one player over NDSU...One.

Sean Meehan, 6-6, 290, OL/DL, Wilmot, WI *UND*

Have fun losing to Sioux Falls this year.

NDSUstudent
If I was a UND coach I wouldn't want to talk about NDSU's recruiting either...

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 04:19 PM

Hey, Bisonville, do you understand now why I asked whether UND beat us on any offers? I just knew this BS was coming--it was just matter of time.

And, Spiker, name the players UND got that we offered on--name them, or go lay by your dish (given that your username sounds like one for a dog!!!

bri-dog
Not sure why kids wouldn't want to play in the Alerus.

Actually, living in Denver I shouldn't put it down since I've never been there. And in the pictures I can find, it does look pretty nice...

http://kansasphotos.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/altavist_tinbarn.jpg

bisonhusker

What realistically could a UND coach say about NDSU? They have nothing on NDSU. Schedule is beyond bad, they offered money to kids that NDSU took as walk ons. Reminded me of the year that Coach Jones gave full rides to Allard and May in hoops and we had offered them to walk on.

lakesbison
02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
NDSU ___________ (HERE)

U Sioux Falls ______________(here)
DRUNKEN snowbank U _______________(here)

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
NDSU ___________ (HERE)

DRUNKEN snowbank U _______________(here)

http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gifhttp://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gifI gotta admit that I actually laughed out loud at a Lakes post--even gave him reps!!

EndZoneQB
02-03-2011, 07:02 PM
UND got one player over NDSU...One.

Sean Meehan, 6-6, 290, OL/DL, Wilmot, WI *UND*

Have fun losing to Sioux Falls this year.

....As a walk-on/partial...

ndsubison1
02-03-2011, 07:34 PM

says the sioux fan on the bison board. :)

Spiker
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
says the sioux fan on the bison board. :)

I come on here to read about UND. It is a regular Siouxville here. It is unbelievable the number of topics about UND. Keep up the interest in UND. We really do appreciate your interest.

Bison Dan
02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I come on here to read about UND. It is a regular Siouxville here. It is unbelievable the number of topics about UND. Keep up the interest in UND. We really do appreciate your interest.

Actually it's quite fun to watch your sorry transition. By anyone's measure und is in last place of the 4 Dakota schools and it's not even close. Did you know that NDSU was the only FCS school to have every fall sport in the DI playoffs. Something you guys will never have happen.

BlueBisonRock
02-03-2011, 07:57 PM

The Bison interest is very much like the older brother who is dissapointed with the attitude and the ethics of a younger brother -

You know - the younger brother who feels that things should be handed to them and that they are deserving with out putting in all of the work;
That any mistake they make should be hidden and immediately forgiven rather than be addressed; That their talent and not their person should address all of their shortcomings;

The older brother who wants to kick some sense into the younger brother, but can only shake his head in bewilderment as each day passes and a new faux pas shows up;

The older brother who tries to sit down with some friends and talk it through and then finds that little brother hiding behind the couch snickering when the YB should be taking the comments to heart.

You understand now Spiker. . . . Or do you little bro?

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 08:05 PM

Spiker come!

Spiker sit!

Spiker stay!

Spiker stand!

Spiker stoole!

God dog, Spiker, good dog!!

Tatanka
02-03-2011, 08:09 PM

What, do you have a turd in your pocket? Or are you the official representative of the university? If so, I have some questions for you.

NDSUstudent
02-03-2011, 08:15 PM

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=and&sid=4ed27dbc5ef9dd59a6687165713fe302&search_term=ndsu&search_app=forums&st=0

Your results for the term ndsu limited to the first 200

DjKyRo
02-03-2011, 08:21 PM

Actually, UND was mentioned at one point - specifically, the part where we had two walkons who held offers from UND. Not a big deal or anything.

Besides which, not sure if a ripoff of the Bill Brasky skit really counts as a "signing party."

http://planetwill.jt.org/media/characters/art/braskey.jpg

"I heard [insert name here] ran a 4.4 40!"

lakesbison
02-03-2011, 08:23 PM
all i get is this:
[#10146] You do not have permission to use the search system.

Banned?? haha losers. dont want anyone calling out your team or fans on your message board huh. or hockey players drunk god forbid!

RB Josh Murray has been dismissed from the team for violation of rules.

NDSUstudent
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I guess you have to be logged in to see it, but it basically shows eight pages worth of posts about NDSU in the past month.

bisonmike2
02-03-2011, 08:51 PM

It's mostly for the schadenfreude.

Tatanka
02-03-2011, 08:56 PM
It's mostly for the schadenfreude.

You're going to have to dumb that way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down for our guest.

Spiker
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM

The interest in UND continues to grow. It is almost overwhelming. I have to admit it is fascinating the interest in UND. Keep it up. Once again we really do appreciate the interest.

CAS4127
02-10-2011, 10:04 PM
The interest in UND continues to grow. It is almost overwhelming. I have to admit it is fascinating the interest in UND. Keep it up. Once again we really do appreciate the interest.

We here at BV have keen senses of humor--thus the "interest" in UND!

tjbison
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM

Maybe if you guys would stop being the laughing stock of BBall and FB it would slow down................:confused:

DjKyRo
02-10-2011, 10:26 PM

Is "interest" the right word that describes the feeling of intrigue when you watch, say, a dumpster fire or a car accident?

SamsRams
02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Is "interest" the right word that describes the feeling of intrigue when you watch, say, a dumpster fire or a car accident?

good point, they always say if you are getting raped to yell fire. Noone wants to watch someone getting raped, but everyone loves a good fire!!

Bison Dan
02-11-2011, 12:48 AM

It's always interesting watching the failed tranitioin of UND. Win any big games yet? No - you have to have the worst DI teams in DI.

Mr. Burgundy
02-11-2011, 02:29 AM
It's always interesting watching the failed tranitioin of UND. Win any big games yet? No - you have to have the worst DI teams in DI.

How did UND do tonight against New Jersey Institute of Technology in hoops? On the way to the Bison game tonight, I heard coach Jones talking on an interview about how mentally strong NJIT was. I am curious how their game turned out....

coldspot
02-11-2011, 02:35 AM
How did UND do tonight against New Jersey Institute of Technology in hoops? On the way to the Bison game tonight, I heard coach Jones talking on an interview about how mentally strong NJIT was. I am curious how their game turned out....

they lost 65-49. embarrassing

80ALUM
02-11-2011, 02:38 AM

If you mean do we take extreme delight in the failures of their football & basketball programs then yes...that is interest!:p

ndsubison1
02-11-2011, 03:00 AM

arent they rivals? it is rivalry week. i heard they played them toe-to-toe

coldspot
02-11-2011, 03:11 AM
arent they rivals? it is rivalry week. i heard they played them toe-to-toe

does that mean WIU is our rival? or vowel U?

ndsubison1
02-11-2011, 03:25 AM
does that mean WIU is our rival? or vowel U?

apparently

lakesbison
02-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Why cant the summit alter the schedule to make this rivalry week? Is ndsu their marketing agency?