PDA

View Full Version : gobison.com improvements

westnodak93bison
02-03-2011, 04:26 AM
What improvements would you like to see? One thing annoys the hell out of me and I've addressed it with the media folks. How in the hell can they put out a video conference where you can not hear the reporter asking a question. All you can hear is Bohl's answer? Seriously, WTF?

SDbison
02-03-2011, 04:57 AM
What improvements would you like to see? One thing annoys the hell out of me and I've addressed it with the media folks. How in the hell can they put out a video conference where you can not hear the reporter asking a question. All you can hear is Bohl's answer? Seriously, WTF?
Actually it is comical.........the answer is simple........they don't know WTF they are doing. Funny how many at Bisonville think the media is so great for the Bison. I say compared to what?

MN_BISON
02-03-2011, 05:01 AM
It would be nice if I could stream video on my iPhone from gobison.com. I see they are using MS Silverlight now but as far as I can tell that doesn't work on the iPhone. I thought that was what youtube uses too and I can stream that so I really don't get it; of course I'm sure there is much more to it than I would ever know. I'm sure some of you who know much more about this and if there is something I can do to make it work, let me know.

NDSUstudent
02-03-2011, 05:16 AM

I think the problem is that Bohl is talking into the only live mic and since it is a big room it is hard for the one mic to pick up all the sound.

I guess the one improvement I'd like to see is a mobile website.

JSUBison
02-03-2011, 06:16 AM
I'd like to be able to watch clips and games on all-access without being bombarded by commercials. It's a pay service for f-sake, I shouldn't have to put up with that.

And the last time I used it was during the UMKC game, (which was a laggy mess but that's another story) the commercials were for hockey. Way to know your demographic.

Superfan
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
I've noticed Puffy does a pretty good job with his podcasts of the pressers. He ups the volume when Bohl is being asked a question so you can somewhat make it out.

Superfan
02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
How about a F#$%ing Media guide for football that is newer than 2009? This is embarrassing.

I got so frustrated I canceled my subscription which is paid up until September of 2011 but I lost access the second I canceled. $79.99 for just four months of service with no credit for the unused balance.

Do the guys that put this stuff on all access even check the quality before slapping it on there? Not being able to hear the questions is something that should never happen. Hell, my camcorder has better mike capability than the media room at NDSU. You should be able to pick up a gnat fart in the media room with the amount of cash that NDSU dumped into the football offices.

I noticed that Youngstown State has all of their player bios updated to reflect the 2010 season. NDSU will be lucky to get this done by October.

The mic is on the podium not on the cameras. If they were sensitive enough to pick up the reporters you wouldn't be able to make anything the people giving the presser are saying. That said it really shouldn't be that hard to either pass a mic around or to mic the entire room.

Twentysix
02-03-2011, 04:51 PM
bison android app. Scores stats schedules recruit information etc.

Better statisticall breakup, the stats are there but there in a giant text document.

How about making some links so its not a huge text wall.

Somewhere on the site where it includes every record against every team weve played in every sport, break it up by sports.

Do it from the earliest date they can find the information, assuming the university has yearbooks it shouldnt be to hard. I have a yearbook from the 20's and it has all the football scores in them.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 04:58 PM

Better statisticall breakup, the stats are there but there in a giant text document.

Somewhere on the site where it includes every record against every team weve played in every sport, break it up by sports.

Do it from the earliest date they can find the information, assuming the university has yearbooks it shouldnt be to hard. I have a yearbook from the 20's and it has all the football scores in them.

Bring back George Ellis!!!:D :nod:

Bison bison
02-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Bring back George Ellis!!!:D :nod:

i think we can leave that Luddite in the pasture.

MN_BISON
02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I see UND has an app available on iPhone for their athletic dept, man the Bison are getting their asses handed to them in the media department.

HerdBot
02-04-2011, 12:22 AM

I second that. I want to listen to the post game show on my phone. Radio FM blocks it out.

Bison"FANatic"
02-04-2011, 09:58 PM
When did gobison get a mobile webpage??? I just went there from my phone and it was a not the normal homepage

NDSUstudent
02-04-2011, 10:22 PM
When did gobison get a mobile webpage??? I just went there from my phone and it was a not the normal homepage

Well...I did ask for one yesterday...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=470637&postcount=4

What should I ask for next....

Bison"FANatic"
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
An app to listen to the games!!!!!!!

99Bison
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Load the menus first! Get some caching... it is so annoying to have to wait for the entire monolithic page to load before you can navigate using the menus.

Other sites driven by same system like Sdsu have a slight delay on the menu, but gobison is terrible on the menu delay.

Superfan
02-16-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm so f*#king sick of NDSU All Access on gobison.com. I didn't get to see or listen to the IUPUI game so I went on to watch the replay and the f*#king thing still buffers every 5 seconds. What a f*#king waste of money. It can't even stream an archived game? Seriously? Unacceptable!

HerdBot
02-16-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm so f*#king sick of NDSU All Access on gobison.com. I didn't get to see or listen to the IUPUI game so I went on to watch the replay and the f*#king thing still buffers every 5 seconds. What a f*#king waste of money. It can't even stream an archived game? Seriously? Unacceptable!

I agree. It absolutely blows. I subscribed once because I had to miss a game and it buffered and my internet is fast. The premium content sucks too. The only good thing is the game replays but it would be cool to have old games. Just not enough content.

duluthbison
02-16-2011, 03:50 AM

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

A NDSU Bison Android/iOS app would be awesome! I would love to be able to listen to games on my phone as well as look up stats.

Heck, I've even seen some schools roll that plus campus information into one app. You could add things like a full campus map so touring freshmen or visitors can put that GPS to good use and find out how to get from point a to point b on campus in no time. You could also bundle basic campus information and news into the app.

westnodak93bison
02-16-2011, 12:07 PM
A few of the MBB games the video worked as well as I could expect then there was the IUPUI game. The buffering drove about as nuts as the result on the court. :ranting:

TheBisonator
02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I think the BSA's digital infrastructure is crumbling. We need that SHAC construction to start ASAP.

duluthbison
02-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I think the BSA's digital infrastructure is crumbling. We need that SHAC construction to start ASAP.

How? Just because they don't have wifi?

North Side
02-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I thought the BSA had wifi my friend doesnt have a data package but he can still surf the web at the fargodome and bsa with his phone

duluthbison
02-19-2011, 12:11 AM
I thought the BSA had wifi my friend doesnt have a data package but he can still surf the web at the fargodome and bsa with his phone

He must be a student, NDSU just recently went to a secured wifi system where only students, staff, faculty could have access to the system unless guests were issued a temporary certificate for their computers.

I agree though, BSA improvements are LONG OVERDUE!!! Hopefully they can start building soon! :nod:

Twentysix
02-20-2011, 12:22 PM
He must be a student, NDSU just recently went to a secured wifi system where only students, staff, faculty could have access to the system unless guests were issued a temporary certificate for their computers.

I agree though, BSA improvements are LONG OVERDUE!!! Hopefully they can start building soon! :nod:

Graystone Industrys could fix the digital infastructure.

duluthbison
02-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Graystone Industrys could fix the digital infastructure.

This is the person to talk to, hopefully something can get done.

http://www.ndsu.edu/vpit/it_division_staff/

Twentysix
02-21-2011, 08:15 PM
This is the person to talk to, hopefully something can get done.

http://www.ndsu.edu/vpit/it_division_staff/

Graystone industry's is the company that invented Cylons and basicly destroyed humanity..in a tv show, IBM is following in there footsteps with watson.

Sorry. :hide:

BlueBisonRock
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Graystone industry's is the company that invented Cylons and basicly destroyed humanity..in a tv show, IBM is following in there footsteps with watson.

I would most certainly love to see any legit reference to support this inference. (HAL and other TV / Movie fabrications really do not fall into the legit category.) When establishing your case, you should be aware that I have nothing but the utmost respect for both Senior and Junior.

tony
02-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Seems like a good time for a word from one of our sponsors: Old Glory Insurance:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/old-glory/17wgo3xxe

Twentysix
02-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Seems like a good time for a word from one of our sponsors: Old Glory Insurance:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/old-glory/17wgo3xxe

Lol that was awesome.

IzzyFlexion
02-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Lol that was awesome.

WAAAAAYYYYY off topic, but......
I just want to point out that I've had 9 seizures since you put that dog in you signature line.

Twentysix
02-23-2011, 04:32 AM
WAAAAAYYYYY off topic, but......
I just want to point out that I've had 9 seizures since you put that dog in you signature line.

Imo we need to add sound to signature lines.

Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap