PDA

View Full Version : Coach Bohl on Mike McFeely Show, right now

pwbnd
02-02-2011, 08:46 PM
on now and for the next 15 minutes or so...taking calls and talking signing day.

tony
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM
on now and for the next 15 minutes or so...taking calls and talking signing day.

Zero speeding tickets this season - think he said he drove 5000 miles to get to every school in North Dakota.

GRAFTONBISON
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
In true Foolum fashion, tomorrow's paper will have a picture of Coach Bohl with a caption like "Coach Bohl has spotless record on the recruiting trail", but not a word about the NDSU recruiting class.

Since they are so concerned w/ Coach Bohl's driving record.

bisonmike2
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Zero speeding tickets this season - think he said he drove 5000 miles to get to every school in North Dakota.

I heard that, thought it was hilarious. But that's not going to stop the haters. (5,000 miles / 14 mpg (he drives a pick-up right?)) * $3.00 average gallon of gas = $1,071. It's business so he'll get to expense it. Cue the outrage in 3.....2....1

NDSU1980
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM

Yea, zero tickets, but one whale sighting.

tony
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I heard that, thought it was hilarious. But that's not going to stop the haters. (5,000 miles / 14 mpg (he drives a pick-up right?)) * $3.00 average gallon of gas = $1,071. It's business so he'll get to expense it. Cue the outrage in 3.....2....1

Why not pin the bad roads in western North Dakota on NDSU recruiting trips? Then, for maximum irony, go on to say that NDSU doesn't recruit North Dakota hard enough.

CAS4127
02-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I was on hold to first congratulate him and his staff on what appears to be an excellent recruiting class and ask who we "lost" and if any were to UND. Anybody know the specifics on the latter (they are always the latter btw!!)?

Bison Dan
02-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I was on hold to first congratulate him and his staff on what appears to be an excellent recruiting class and ask who we "lost" and if any were to UND. Anybody know the specifics on the latter (they are always the latter btw!!)?

A couple of lineman that we were in on with partial scholarships. They got a 3 star and 2 star out of CA but these kids didn't have another offer from anyone. So I don't know what's up with that. In fact 2/3 of their kids didn't get a offer from anyone else. I always use that a kind of judge of what's up with the kid as far as real talent, character, etc. It doesn't work for ND and outstate MN as those kids aren't noticed as much.

CAS4127
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks, and I agree with you analysis.

BlueBisonRock
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Yea, zero tickets, but one whale sighting.

In South Central ND by any chance? :D

tony
02-02-2011, 09:55 PM

I don't care nearly has much about UND's recruiting class as I do about SDSU's, UNI's, and USD's. UND's program is simply not a good benchmark for NDSU (or any FCS team that wants to see the playoffs.)

Maybe I'll check the press releases for SDSU/UNI/USD later to see if they list the other offers their recruits received.

CAS4127
02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't care nearly has much about UND's recruiting class as I do about SDSU's, UNI's, and USD's. UND's program is simply not a good benchmark for NDSU (or any FCS team that wants to see the playoffs.)

Maybe I'll check the press releases for SDSU/UNI/USD later to see if they list the other offers their recruits received.

I agree on the GASF about UND's recruiting class, I just want to know the real story before the butthockeys that I have to deal personally with on a daily basis start talking their bullshit.

I, like many of us probably, would be interested in what you could find for ALL MVFC teams and perhaps USD (at least USD is somewhat relevant on the level we are at).

SDbison
02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
From the Recruiting Summary thread this is the only one that got away to UND.....
REPORTEDLY OFFERED/INTEREST BUT COMMITTED ELSEWHERE
Sean Meehan, 6-6, 290, OL/DL, Wilmot, WI *UND*

Tatanka
02-02-2011, 10:25 PM

Nope, he'll get to claim 5000 miles at the IRS standard rate of $0.50 / mile unless he used a company vehicle. $2500 > $1071.

Now you're getting into presidential inaguration level outrage.

EndZoneQB
02-02-2011, 10:46 PM
From the Recruiting Summary thread this is the only one that got away to UND.....
REPORTEDLY OFFERED/INTEREST BUT COMMITTED ELSEWHERE
Sean Meehan, 6-6, 290, OL/DL, Wilmot, WI *UND*

And he was a partial, if that.

NDSU1980
02-03-2011, 12:43 AM

I was feeding cattle at the time, so I missed part of the interview, but Bohl was saying something about Gateway Chevrolet let's them use a vehicle for recruiting??? Did I get that right or did I totally misunderstand?

HooliganBison
02-03-2011, 02:21 AM
I was feeding cattle at the time, so I missed part of the interview, but Bohl was saying something about Gateway Chevrolet let's them use a vehicle for recruiting??? Did I get that right or did I totally misunderstand?

He gets a new lease vehicle every year from Gateway.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 02:28 PM
He gets a new lease vehicle every year from Gateway.

As do all of the assistant coaches--but not GA's as I understand things.