PDA

View Full Version : Joe Horvath and Carson Wentz on The Fan

The Lost Dutchman
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Bison recruits Carson Wentz and Joe Horvath will be on the fan today at noon. Should have either Coach Bohl or another coach talking about the class as well.

bisonhusker
02-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks Puffy!!! Keep it up.

ProudBisonFan
02-02-2011, 03:03 PM
will you post a podcast shortly after?

The Lost Dutchman
02-02-2011, 03:15 PM
will you post a podcast shortly after?

I'll podcast all the stuff and post it on here shortly afterwards.

ProudBisonFan
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM

keep up the good work!

BadlandsBison
02-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Any live feed on the Interweb by chance?

The Lost Dutchman
02-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Any live feed on the Interweb by chance?

http://asx.abacast.com/radiofm-kvoxam-32.asx

BadlandsBison
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
We have a DjKyro call in for Craig Bohl:)

DjKyRo
02-02-2011, 05:33 PM
We have a DjKyro call in for Craig Bohl:)

That's what happens when you've got a rube with down-time. :)

tjbison
02-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Thanks man Im out of town and only caught the last minute of Bohl

bisonmike2
02-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Horvath drops the bomb that Adam Brandt signed with SIU. Or was this common knowledge already?

Kermit
02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Horvath drops the bomb that Adam Brandt signed with SIU. Or was this common knowledge already?

Not common knowledge. Horvath also said that he (Horvath) got a recent offer from Northern Illinois and he turned them down only this morning. Holy cow!

HerdBot
02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Puffy posted a pod cast but here is a summary

Bohl was just on and he said..

The class is more balanced than last year but doesn't have the couple of big name signings from last year.

Said brings kids in to play position they want to play. Said has a chance to sign a guy named Marshal Faulk when he was a young assistant at Nebraska but he wasnt going to sign him as a running back and lost him so he learned early to recruit kids and give them a chance to play where they want to play. Great story.

Signing day party at the hub

Said the win over Kansas legitimized us in the eyes of Kansas recruits

Said the dome, tradition, and media coverage is a big seling point

SDbison
02-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Puffy posted a pod cast but here is a summary

Bohl was just on and he said..

The class is more balanced than last year but doesn't have the couple of big name signings from last year.

Said brings kids in to play position they want to play. Said has a chance to sign a guy named Marshal Faulk when he was a young assistant at Nebraska but he wasnt going to sign him as a running back and lost him so he learned early to recruit kids and give them a chance to play where they want to play. Great story.

Signing day party at the hub

Said the win over Kansas legitimized us in the eyes of Kansas recruits

Said the dome, tradition, and media coverage is a big seling point
Agreed with everything but the media coverage. Still DII ish. For sure not head and shoulders above the other Dakota DI schools. Case in point the Signing Day lack thereof.

lakesbison
02-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Horvath dropped a bomb. Freakin lennon is a slime ball, as well as und trying to get horvath to come visit...I bet he laughed at them!!!

bisonmike2
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Horvath dropped a bomb. Freakin lennon is a slime ball, as well as und trying to get horvath to come visit...I bet he laughed at them!!!

I bet Lennon offered to let Brandt stroke his mustache hair. How can Bohl compete against that? I've always respected Lennon as a coach but isn't there some sort of code that you don't recruit players who have already verballed? I'm sure we've done it to some teams so I'm not going to rip him too much.

SiouxFan
02-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I bet Lennon offered to let Brandt stroke his mustache hair. How can Bohl compete against that? I've always respected Lennon as a coach but isn't there some sort of code that you don't recruit players who have already verballed? I'm sure we've done it to some teams so I'm not going to rip him too much.

UND hadn’t talked to Horvath since the Fall. One question you could ask is why Bohl went back on his word about pulling Horvaths schollie if he visited NIU. The kid visited but somehow his schollie was still there on signing day.

BlueBisonRock
02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
UND hadn’t talked to Horvath since the Fall. One question you could ask is why Bohl went back on his word about pulling Horvaths schollie if he visited NIU. The kid visited but somehow his schollie was still there on signing day.

This threat must have been reported on that unbiased and complete source refered to as SS. Gee golly, I did not know this was the case.

Please bring legit sources into these discussions rather than just stopping by to thump your chest and spread rumor and inuendo! :banghead:

lakesbison
02-02-2011, 06:48 PM
HUH? If bohl said that and he was offered FBS by a school closer to his home, why didn't he take the NIU offer? Huh Sioux fan?

Maybe @ NIU visit he noticed that they only beat frostbite U by 7 and said to himself, "dam, NIU can't be that good!"

Horvath stuck with ndsu, good for him

tony
02-02-2011, 06:54 PM
This threat must have been reported on that unbiased and complete source refered to as SS. Gee golly, I did not know this was the case.

Please bring legit sources into these discussions rather than just stopping by to thump your chest and spread rumor and inuendo! :banghead:

Besides, it is some irony when a UND fan comes on here with a totally bullcrap story like this when there are newspaper accounts of UND telling some whoppers.

SiouxFan
02-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Besides, it is some irony when a UND fan comes on here with a totally bullcrap story like this when there are newspaper accounts of UND telling some whoppers.

Lakes tells everyone he has great sources. He should check with them.

As far as how I would know, connect the dots. Not a big deal now but still interesting. Also, the Brandt deal had been done for a couple weeks.

lakesbison
02-02-2011, 07:00 PM
My source probably told Horvath the same thing. You see, we are confident enough in our program and aren't stubborn pricks to not say NO when someone comes back from a FBS offer.

I doubt bohl threatened him in a harmful way, seriously?? Wow go away

herdmember
02-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Is Bohl going to be on 740 the Fan around 2? Right now all I hear is Common Man.

tony
02-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Lakes tells everyone he has great sources. He should check with them.

As far as how I would know, connect the dots. Not a big deal now but still interesting. Also, the Brandt deal had been done for a couple weeks.

Heck, I don't have to connect any dots at all to determine that you are a gutless gossip. Post your name and source's name and something that can be verified, apologize, or get banned. Your choice.

SiouxFan
02-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Heck, I don't have to connect any dots at all to determine that you are a gutless gossip. Post your name and source's name, apologize, or get banned. Your choice.

Ok-your board, I apologize for stating that.

tony
02-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Ok-your board, I apologize for stating that.

Standards of ethics are universal.

CAS4127
02-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Standards of ethics are universal.

Good job, Tony. Those (well most of those POS's) from up north need to be kept on track. Reps!!

Bison Dan
02-02-2011, 07:26 PM
My source probably told Horvath the same thing. You see, we are confident enough in our program and aren't stubborn pricks to not say NO when someone comes back from a FBS offer.

I doubt bohl threatened him in a harmful way, seriously?? Wow go away

He's just sore because the majority of und recruits didn't have any offers, plus Horvath didn't give und the time of day.

ndsubison1
02-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for all of your hard work Puffy! You do one of the best jobs out there covering the Bison.

rockybison
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I wish every recruit passing on the buffs go to the bison. who wouldn't want to to play for eb

The Lost Dutchman
02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Is Bohl going to be on 740 the Fan around 2? Right now all I hear is Common Man.

Bohl will be on with Mike McFeely on KFGO within the next 20 minutes.

4mcruenomore
02-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Didn't anyone notice how Tank asked Bohl, "if you had a NICKEL....." wow

lakesbison
02-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Jealous loser, they are nothing and beg for longshanks crumbs....or was that a diff movie?? Braveheart?

rutlandbison
02-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Didn't anyone notice how Tank asked Bohl, "if you had a NICKEL....." wow
I thought you went away till August? is it august already?