PDA

View Full Version : KFGO/KFAN Signing Day coverage

lakesbison
01-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Ok. They are the NDSU station right? We get shit for coverage in this town, so what do these guys have planned for signing day????

(not callin u out puffy. I'm calling OUT JOEL HIETKEMP, MCFOOLY & goof crew from 11-2)

aces1180
01-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Ok. They are the NDSU station right? We get shit for coverage in this town, so what do these guys have planned for signing day????

(not callin u out puffy. I'm calling OUT JOEL HIETKEMP, MCFOOLY & goof crew from 11-2)

What is KVRR going to do as far as coverage goes? Maybe its their time to step up to the plate and impress some people.

Do the people where you work enjoy all the bashing you do of area media?

lakesbison
01-31-2011, 06:03 PM
shut it, we will do what we are allowed to on a 6pm and 9pm newscast. Show the commits and any associated video & interview of the coaches.

NDSU PAYS PAYS PAYS KFGO/KFAN for RADIO COVERAGE. NDSU doesnt pay kvrr.

sooo put that in your pipe & smoke it.

whats ARVIG do for NDSU? besides pimping und hockey?

aces1180
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
shut it, we will do what we are allowed to on a 6pm and 9pm newscast. Show the commits and any associated video & interview of the coaches.

NDSU PAYS PAYS PAYS KFGO/KFAN for RADIO COVERAGE. NDSU doesnt pay kvrr.

sooo put that in your pipe & smoke it.

whats ARVIG do for NDSU? besides pimping und hockey?

I don't work for Arvig and haven't for a year and a half...Glad I left when I did.

You bitch about lack of coverage regarding the Forum, Bismarck Tribune, Valley News Live, WDAY and KFAN/KFGO (contracted), but your organization does not go above and beyond to stick out, and yet you never mention their crappy coverage. Why?

bisonmike2
01-31-2011, 06:17 PM
I know we are only 3 post into this thread but I think it needs a summary.

Lakes - "KFGO's NDSU coverage sucks. Waaaaa!"

Aces - "Hey you work for a F/M tv station. If you think the coverage is lacking why don't you have your station them step up and fill the void?"

Lakes - "Shut up! You look funny! Buthockey!"

Did I miss anything?

Tatanka
01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
I know we are only 3 post into this thread but I think it needs a summary.

Lakes - "KFGO's NDSU coverage sucks. Waaaaa!"

Aces - "Hey you work for a F/M tv station. If you think the coverage is lacking why don't you have your station them step up and fill the void?"

Lakes - "Shut up! You look funny! Buthockey!"

Did I miss anything?

Yes. You missed:

Tatanka, channeling James William Bottomtooth, III:
http://images.wikia.com/familyguy/images/3/34/Jamesbottomtooth3.png

Hmmm... Lakes is once again hoisted by his own petard.

silkamilkamonico
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
KFGO/KFAN/KVRR all suck in terms of coverage. And seriously, who needs those stations when you have guys like Burgandy, Kermit, jarhead and others doing recruiting updates here at Bisonville. They are more spot on anyways.

lakesbison
01-31-2011, 06:25 PM
youre MISSING THE POINT!!!

NDSU PAYS KFGO/KFAN........ THEY PAY THEM..............

bisonmike2
01-31-2011, 06:28 PM

So how much is NDSU paying WDAY/Forum for their recruiting coverage tonight and tommorow in the Forum?

From Kolpacks blog.

"LIVE on 970 WDAY from 6:30-7 and plenty more coverage on Wednesday here on the blog but also on WDAY and in the Forum."

aces1180
01-31-2011, 06:29 PM

I can point out six other threads where you complain about lack of coverage from media outlets who are not contracted with NDSU...KVRR is one of those outlets which has shitty coverage, but yet you never mention them. Fair is fair and I'm calling KVRR out.

silkamilkamonico
01-31-2011, 06:29 PM
KVRR is just shitty period. We do not want those incompetents covering NDSU athletics.

lakesbison
01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
OK. TONY DELETE THIS THREAD.

NDSU is paying KFGO/KFAN. Wday and kolpack is cool what they are doing, kvrr will show the players, get sound from coaches.call kvrr out all you want, theres not much more they can do..im sure kvly will too.....

however. KFGO/KFAN is getting paid to be the flagship station for NDSU, no one else.

Mr. Burgundy
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
With all of the changes that have went on recently, some young guy could really impress the Bison nation with some amazing coverage. Remember how good Hallstrom was? Because he cared. He was bigtime. We just need a young guy to fire up a young blog. Stephanie Geotz does a great job with promoting her coverage via facebook. A young guy could really prove himself with the lack of NDSU coverage in Fargo. Kolpack is a one man party right now. He is the only guy doing anything and I am very thankful for that coverage. I really miss the interviews that Hallstrom would get with newly verballed Bison.

Where is KFGO? Other than Puffy, who does a great job. Fox? KVLY? How is Hammer doing since he made the transition? The funny thing is alot of guys spend alot of time doing this for nothing, yet the people that are in the industry don't do anything with the biggest show in town.

unbison
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Sorry lakes kvrr has terrible local coverage

bisonmike2
01-31-2011, 06:38 PM
I think this is one of those "own goal" smack threads that Tony alluded to.

aces1180
01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
With all of the changes that have went on recently, some young guy could really impress the Bison nation with some amazing coverage. Remember how good Hallstrom was? Because he cared. He was bigtime. We just need a young guy to fire up a young blog. Stephanie Geotz does a great job with promoting her coverage via facebook. A young guy could really prove himself with the lack of NDSU coverage in Fargo. Kolpack is a one man party right now. He is the only guy doing anything and I am very thankful for that coverage. I really miss the interviews that Hallstrom would get with newly verballed Bison.

Where is KFGO? Other than Puffy, who does a great job. Fox? KVLY? How is Hammer doing since he made the transition? The funny thing is alot of guys spend alot of time doing this for nothing, yet the people that are in the industry don't do anything with the biggest show in town.

+++ ++ This

FarSouth Bison
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Lakes, why don't you call KFGO and see what they are planning. Instead of bitching here in Bisonville. For those of you that ask what Hammer was going to do, I really think he will do the JC from up north.

HerdBot
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
I can point out six other threads where you complain about lack of coverage from media outlets who are not contracted with NDSU...KVRR is one of those outlets which has shitty coverage, but yet you never mention them. Fair is fair and I'm calling KVRR out.

Well put. Lakes is in a position to have some influence. Use it.

Mr. Burgundy
01-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Seriously, why doesn't Lakes just do it for Fox. Fox would get the most press as they would have the best coverage.

JMB
01-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Seriously, why doesn't Lakes just do it for Fox. Fox would get the most press as they would have the best coverage.

Yeah, he could take some of the information from Bisonville, confirm it, and post it on the Bison section of the KVRR web page.. Oh Wait.....

lakesbison
01-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Yea. Im not going to do that. sorry. They wont let me.

something about," Lakes, You'd only do 99% bison, 1% vikings and 0% everything else."

Mr. Burgundy
01-31-2011, 08:25 PM
That is when you say, "Well, we are in Fargo, so that sounds about right."

lakesbison
01-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Exactly Burgandy. Kvrr does pretty well with bison coverage with a und sports guy.

this SUCKS. Im trying to start a rivals page. maybe Tony wants to expand bisonville a bit, bison illistrated?? hmm.

tjbison
01-31-2011, 11:52 PM
KFGO>>>>>>>>KVRR

Thats it period, no contest

lakesbison
02-01-2011, 05:51 AM
kfgo does what for ndsu again? heitkemp, mcfooly, and the goof crew jack & sandy never mention ndsu!!

tjbison
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
kfgo does what for ndsu again? heitkemp, mcfooly, and the goof crew jack & sandy never mention ndsu!!

My god your naive, Heitkamp and Mcfeely pimped NDSU ALL FB season, have 2 call in shows the tailgate report and then the after game from TGI Fridays, run a show with Scotty Miller called the Front row and again we ask what does KVRR EVER do for NDSU...........

Grow up

lakesbison
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
you grow up. I'm talking off-season. They never PiMP ndsu in their shows.

BisonBabe
02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
:pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That is all I have to say about this topic.

EndZoneQB
02-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure who exactly does the new noon show, but honestly, it's been pretty much all NDSU. Lead off the show talking about recruiting/signing day for NDSU(no mention of UND). I suggest we all start listening/contributing to anything NDSU to show we WANT it.

tjbison
02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure who exactly does the new noon show, but honestly, it's been pretty much all NDSU. Lead off the show talking about recruiting/signing day for NDSU(no mention of UND). I suggest we all start listening/contributing to anything NDSU to show we WANT it.

Exactly, but its still not enough i guess:banghead:

EndZoneQB
02-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Rob, not sure who he is(calls himself T-bone or something right?), but make sure you give him some props for pimping NDSU lately. I like it and will listen as much as possible.

unbison
02-02-2011, 02:30 AM
just watched lakes kvrr and not a sniff of signing day mentioned....... that sports guys is a total und d bag

The Lost Dutchman
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
McFeely is having Bohl on at around 330 I believe? I'll also post the 2 p.m. press conference shortly after it's done on here.

ProudBisonFan
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM
so whats all on radio today:

couple recruits and coac(es) at noon on kfan

anything on the press conference?

then at 330 bohl on with mcfeely

lakesbison
02-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Its too bad the can't live stream the PRESSER @ 2 on gobison.com

DjKyRo
02-02-2011, 04:47 PM
We'll be talking signing day stuff on KNDS 96.3 starting today at 1.

lakesbison
02-02-2011, 05:14 PM
740 app ain't working , I'm in cities. Shit !!

Network streaming problems, try again later

bisonmike2
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM

working for me. Wentz is on right now.

OMG! It's a Wentz/Bohl SUPERSHOW!

Kermit
02-02-2011, 05:33 PM
DJKyRo was just on with Coach Bohl!

Notorious
02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
working for me. Wentz is on right now.

OMG! It's a Wentz/Bohl SUPERSHOW!

The app is sweet...why didn't I get it until today...thanks BM2!

Notorious
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
...finish with a dig at Maturi...love it!!

tjbison
02-02-2011, 05:40 PM
...finish with a dig at Maturi...love it!!

Good interview next up the "school up north" HA

tjbison
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Network streaming problems, try again later

Its going to be podcast I believe i heard Puffy??

The Lost Dutchman
02-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Here's the podcast for Carson Wentz and Coach Bohl and now Joe Horvath as well, http://740thefan.com/uploads/Carson%20Wentz.MP3
http://740thefan.com/uploads/Craig%20Bohl%20signing%20day.MP3
http://740thefan.com/uploads/Joe%20Horvath.MP3

bisonfan11
02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Well, the Grand Forks Foru...I mean the FM Forum has nothing on their website...I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but come on the Bison RULE in Fargo/Moorhead can't the Foolum get a clue???

Civil06
02-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Whoever asked Coach Bohl how he convinces a kid to be a backup at NDSU rather than start for a second teir school like Mary or UND is a rock star.:nod:

WildBill
02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Yea. Im not going to do that. sorry. They wont let me.

something about," Lakes, You'd only do 99% bison, 1% vikings and 0% everything else."

Wait...i thought you were a Gopher fan too.

Trim
02-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Whoever asked Coach Bohl how he convinces a kid to be a backup at NDSU rather than start for a second teir school like Mary or UND is a rock star.:nod:

That was hilarious. Bohl just continued as if, "Yes, your assessment of second tier schools is correct".

Tatanka
02-02-2011, 10:19 PM
That was hilarious. Bohl just continued as if, "Yes, your assessment of second tier schools is correct".

+ fricking +

Nicely played whoever that was.

1bizon1
02-03-2011, 02:27 AM
AND KVRR's lead story on the sports tonight..... the butt hockey player that has frostbite on his toes? Good job KVRR!!!! Lakes????????

lakesbison
02-03-2011, 04:59 AM
He's a und hockey nut call news director, not me

NorthernBison
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
AND KVRR's lead story on the sports tonight..... the butt hockey player that has frostbite on his toes? Good job KVRR!!!! Lakes????????

Tuning to KVRR is an absolute waste of time. I cannot believe advertising there is cost effective. Local news, weather, and sports is horrible. Other than Sunday Football and NASCAR they have nothing to offer.

unbison
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
You forgot all the fools that tune into American idol.....maybe the should rerun arsenio hall at night

lakesbison
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
IDOL has been amazing. JLO is soooooo hot. Great singers so far and great tear jerkers so far.
News at 9 is fine, why wait for 10 news, nothing is changing in Fargo, hellohello?

tjbison
02-03-2011, 03:25 PM
You forgot all the fools that tune into American idol.....maybe the should rerun arsenio hall at night

Hey Family guy is ok:hide:

Notorious
02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
BTW...one of the Bismarck stations finally went HD with local...maybe it will cause a domino effect accross the State. I literally do not watch the news because it is not HD....

Bison"FANatic"
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Tuning to KVRR is an absolute waste of time. I cannot believe advertising there is cost effective. Local news, weather, and sports is horrible. Other than Sunday Football and NASCAR they have nothing to offer.

They have news?????? Hmm didn't know to busy watching other channels at 9.

As for the KFGO family. They had good coverage yesterday. Basically the whole noon show on 740 and Mcfeely had a bunch in the afternoon. I never listen to Mcfeely but switched over yesterday. It was pretty good coverage and then had to stick around and listen to him call out the media to the north. It was entertaining.

bisonmike2
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM
BTW...one of the Bismarck stations finally went HD with local...maybe it will cause a domino effect accross the State. I literally do not watch the news because it is not HD....

At the risk of sounding like a TV snob and I did the same thing. Kare 11 in the cities was the first to go HD, and now it's still the only station I'll watch the news on even though everyone else has now changed over.

aces1180
02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
At the risk of sounding like a TV snob and I did the same thing. Kare 11 in the cities was the first to go HD, and now it's still the only station I'll watch the news on even though everyone else has now changed over.

WCCO FTW!!!

tony
02-03-2011, 03:48 PM
As for the KFGO family. They had good coverage yesterday. Basically the whole noon show on 740 and Mcfeely had a bunch in the afternoon. I never listen to Mcfeely but switched over yesterday. It was pretty good coverage and then had to stick around and listen to him call out the media to the north. It was entertaining.

Yep, I thought KFGO/KFAN did a good job. Gotta admit though, I got a little suspicious that they got Joe Horvath as one their interviews when it just happened that his teammate Brandt had decomitted to go to Lennon's team. What are the odds? :)

Dom had a nice interview with Bohl on WDAY at 6.

It's getting to the point that if you are really interested, you know almost the whole class. I think the #1 compelling thing for TV would be a highlight montage featuring the new players.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 03:50 PM

I get all the locals in HD, and I live in Hillsboro. At the risk of sounding snobish, howeverr, Hillsboro has become a very progressive community circa 2000, which, coincidentally, was when I moved there.:hide:

Answer Guy
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
I get all the locals in HD, and I live in Hillsboro. At the risk of sounding snobish, howeverr, Hillsboro has become a very progressive community circa 2000, which, coincidentally, was when I moved there.:hide:

Kinda did sound snobbish. Thought you'd like to know :nod:

EndZoneQB
02-03-2011, 06:44 PM

Yeah, so do we, what he is saying is the fact that the news/local programming went HD for once.

MNLonghorn10
02-03-2011, 06:47 PM

too bad its still hillsboro

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
too bad its still hillsboro

Not everyone can live in "Morehead"!! And, Endzone, I get local new/programs in HD and have so for at least 2 years, so not sure whatcha mean.??

EndZoneQB
02-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Not everyone can live in "Morehead"!! And, Endzone, I get local new/programs in HD and have so for at least 2 years, so not sure whatcha mean.??

Yeah, I get all the sitcoms, etc in HD, but like KVLY newscast is not in HD etc.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I get all the sitcoms, etc in HD, but like KVLY newscast is not in HD etc.

Hmm--mine is. I also get ICarly in HD btw!!

Notorious
02-03-2011, 07:17 PM

Slow down for CAS a little :)

It's expensive to invest in the technology, so local stations have been slow to adapt HD...it makes the local news broadcast seem so much more professional...as well as the video from the field...the press conference footage, etc.

Notorious
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Hmm--mine is. I also get ICarly in HD btw!!

No you don't....just sayin' ;) ... I mean singin'

EndZoneQB
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Slow down for CAS a little :)

It's expensive to invest in the technology, so local stations have been slow to adapt HD...it makes the local news broadcast seem so much more professional...as well as the video from the field...the press conference footage, etc.

Haha, yeah he's not getting it.

They have all been using HD cameras for probably 3-5 years, but the technology to actually broadcast in HD is the expensive piece. One of my brother in laws works for a station in town and he basically said it is a stand off on who is getting it first. Once one station has it, they will likely all have to purchase it. I agree tho, watching the news in HD makes the sets seem more lively as well as all the video. I wonder if KVLY's new set is because they are planning on going HD soon..one would think they would be the first candidate being the corporate owned station(s) with 2 stations benefiting from it.

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Haha, yeah he's not getting it.

They have all been using HD cameras for probably 3-5 years, but the technology to actually broadcast in HD is the expensive piece. One of my brother in laws works for a station in town and he basically said it is a stand off on who is getting it first. Once one station has it, they will likely all have to purchase it. I agree tho, watching the news in HD makes the sets seem more lively as well as all the video. I wonder if KVLY's new set is because they are planning on going HD soon..one would think they would be the first candidate being the corporate owned station(s) with 2 stations benefiting from it.

And I'm tellin ya I get them in HD through Halstad Telephone Cable--maybe not KVLY, but the rest of them. P.S. I have a 5 year-old daughter who likes to watch ICarly and other "great shows" so I don't watch much TV.

runtheoption
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM

Hillsboro is in Trail County. Trail County has coincidentally lost 7.2% of its population since 2000.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/38/38097.html

:D

Notorious
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
And I'm tellin ya I get them in HD through Halstad Telephone Cable--maybe not KVLY, but the rest of them. P.S. I have a 5 year-old daughter who likes to watch ICarly and other "great shows" so I don't watch much TV.

Okay...I agree with you!

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Hillsboro is in Trail County. Trail County has coincidentally lost 7.2% of its population since 2000.

I'm working on increasing the population of "Traill" County (just don't tell my wife), which is one of reasons I don't have a mailbox--too nervous to look in it come Father's Day!!

EndZoneQB
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM

I know exactly what you are saying. I get the locals in HD as well, just not the actual locally produced content..other than PBS/Prairie Public. No idea if I get iCarly in HD or not haha, but most of the shows on the stations are in HD, with exception to KVRR because a lot of the "fillers" aren't in HD. I think we are saying the same thing lol

Bisonfan1
02-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Year 2000 - The year CAS moves in - GO FIGUIRE

BlueBisonRock
02-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm working on increasing the population of "Traill" County (just don't tell my wife), which is one of reasons I don't have a mailbox--too nervous to look in it come Father's Day!!

I thought your wife followed Bisonville? :confused: :D

bisonmike2
02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
WCCO FTW!!!

Belinda Jensen > The dude who does weather for WCCO

CAS4127
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I thought your wife followed Bisonville? :confused: :D

Tony banned her because her and Lakes were sending too many PM's. Haven't gotten to the bottom of that yet!:D :banghead:

aces1180
02-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Belinda Jensen > The dude who does weather for WCCO

Fair enough.

However -
Amelia > Julie
Frank > Mike
Rosen > Shaver

That's a 3-1 win for WCCO

Plus, Sven = douche

BlueBisonRock
02-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Fair enough.

However -
Amelia > Julie
Don > Frank >> Mike
Rosen > Shaver
Rosen is an institution that Rivals Sid with many fewer years in the hunt!

That's a 3-1 win for WCCO

Plus, Sven = douche

Fixed it for you. :D

bisonmike2
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Fair enough.

However -
Amelia = Julie
Mike > Frank
Perk = Rosen > Shaver

Plus, Sven = douche

Updated. Personally I like Mike better. I would be the meat in an Amelia and Julie sandwich. I like Perk as much as Rosen, but Rosen is pretty good on the radio, i.e. "Daddy likes this". And yes, Sven is a douche.

And Kare 11 gets bonus points for Rena Sarginopolis.(sp)

aces1180
02-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Updated. Personally I like Mike better. I would be the meat in an Amelia and Julie sandwich. I like Perk as much as Rosen, but Rosen is pretty good on the radio, i.e. "Daddy likes this". And yes, Sven is a douche.

And Kare 11 gets bonus points for Rena Sarginopolis.(sp)

You know Frank gives it to Amelia daily, right?

Edit: Perkins is a bigger D-bag than Sven.

I'll take your Rena and raise you Natalie Kane...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/personality/natalie-kane/

bisonmike2
02-03-2011, 09:28 PM
You know Frank gives it to Amelia daily, right?

Edit: Perkins is a bigger D-bag than Sven.

I'll take your Rena and raise you Natalie Kane...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/personality/natalie-kane/

I haven't met Ms Kane yet. Niiiiiice.

spelunker64
02-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Is KVRR still on? Does that Mad Max guy still do the horror shows on Sat. night?

The Lost Dutchman
02-08-2011, 07:45 PM
On a lighter note, Steve Walker is doing the Noon show tomorrow. So I would imagine there will be plenty of Bison talk on tomorrow the whole show.

tjbison
02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
On a lighter note, Steve Walker is doing the Noon show tomorrow. So I would imagine there will be plenty of Bison talk on tomorrow the whole show.

Cool, Thanks Puffy:nod: