PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this? Football scheduling question

Twentysix
01-31-2011, 07:23 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?81462-Big-Sky-to-have-8-conference-games-with-2012-expansion&p=1609647&viewfull=1#post1609647

Its been said the BSC is going to have 8 conference games.

Some of the BSC posters were eluding to scheduling the remaining conference teams as OOC games.

Wouldnt that make those teams have more games figuring into there standings..that doesnt really seem fair in my opinion and seems like it could cause problems.

NorthernBison
01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
They could certainly do what is being talked about. Those games would NOT factor into the standings because they simply wouldn't count as conference games.

I'm not sure if it would be wise for the conference as a whole to avoid playing outside the conference because it would be hard to judge strength of schedule and it might get used against them.

Still, if the Big Sky schools, in general, have a hard time filling a schedule with D1 counters, then playing OOC games against other Big Sky schools would be better than playing DII or NAIA programs.

GRAFTONBISON
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
playing OOC games against other Big Sky schools would be better than playing DII or NAIA programs.

If that becomes the case, the school from up north will have to completely change their scheduling philosophy:bow:

cbline
01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
If that becomes the case, the school from up north will have to completely change their scheduling philosophy:bow:

True, but loses are loses, whether against an FCS school or NAIA. :)

Twentysix
01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
I wonder how there doing basketball, 1 game against most teams rotating hosting? otherwise theyd play 24 conference games.. Or maybe only 4 ooc games?

GRAFTONBISON
01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
I wonder how there doing basketball, 1 game against most teams rotating hosting? otherwise theyd play 24 conference games..

Cal-Poly and UC Davis are football only members. If I remember correctly, someone posted somewhere that they have 11 basketball members. They will be playing each team twice for a total of 20 games.

Twentysix
01-31-2011, 09:35 PM
Cal-Poly and UC Davis are football only members. If I remember correctly, someone posted somewhere that they have 11 basketball members. They will be playing each team twice for a total of 20 games.

Ah thats not so bad