PDA

View Full Version : How would you like this?

BisonNeil
01-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Eastern Washington will attempt to defend it national title by only playing four home games in 2011. Four!

Most of us, me included, complained with Taylor only got us five home games a year when we were in transition, but four would really suck in my opinion. I think I would be one unhappy TeamMaker if that was the case at NDSU, especially following a national championship.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4375808

My apologies that this was posted elsewhere :(

roadwarrior
01-29-2011, 04:33 PM
It has been posted elsewhere. But one of those four "home" games will be in Seattle.

tony
01-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Eastern Washington will attempt to defend it national title by only playing four home games in 2011. Four!

Most of us, me included, complained with Taylor only got us five home games a year when we were in transition, but four would really suck in my opinion. I think I would be one unhappy TeamMaker if that was the case at NDSU, especially following a national championship.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4375808

My apologies that this was posted elsewhere :(

The schedule was posted in another thread but, hey, no biggie. I thought it was a good schedule but, really, it does suck to have only four home games.

Tatanka
01-29-2011, 04:59 PM
They probably draw better on the road than at home anyway. Still. Wow.

DjKyRo
01-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Goes to show how lucky we are to have Gene. Thanks for all your hard work, Mr. Taylor!

Herd
01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
The playoff opportunity for EWU with that schedule is not a daunting as Missouri State's IMO because they will projected to finish above .500 in conference, but it's not a playoff sellout like MO States schedule. Not so good for the EWU fans, but they are in limited supply anyway.

Basically its a 4 home 4 away confernce schedule . . . with 3 games away at CP, SD, and WA. If they go 6-2 in conf, they need to beat SD. If they go 5-3 in conf, they need to beat SD and CP. If they go 4-4 in conf, they will be home at playoff time for sure.

Mr. Burgundy
01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
What is worse? The fact that EWU has only 4 home games or the crime of a home schedule that UND has. Either way, boosters have to be pissed.

Tatanka
01-29-2011, 06:47 PM
What is worse? The fact that EWU has only 4 home games or the crime of a home schedule that UND has. Either way, boosters have to be pissed.

Agree in principle. However, the percentage of UND boosters that would care enough to be pissed is seemingly small enough to be insignificant. The number of EWU boosters in total is also seemingly small enough to be insignificant. Both home schedules are pretty sad although at least EWU plays some competition.

Herd
01-29-2011, 07:10 PM

UND's is worse, no question . . . but they are not playoff eligible either.

Somebody (AD) at UND said to themselves, "how can we finish .500?" Well, there's your answer . . . play bunch of lower level teams. In a couple years their fans will just say, we had a winning record in 2011. If you don't win 6 with that schedule, sharpen the resume.

EWU's is a quality schedule. But they should have ensured that either SD or CP was at home.

Screamin_Eagle174
01-29-2011, 08:23 PM
This is our National Championship tour. Thought we'd give all the lesser folk a chance to see what a champ looks like. :D

All kidding aside... yeah it sucks only having four home games (the PSU game is NOT in Seattle as the initial press release indicated), but I love that for the first time in years, we have an all D-I slate. Bring on 2011!

EndZoneQB
01-29-2011, 08:25 PM
This is our National Championship tour. Thought we'd give all the lesser folk a chance to see what a champ looks like. :D

All kidding aside... yeah it sucks only having four home games (the PSU game is NOT in Seattle as the initial press release indicated), but I love that for the first time in years, we have an all D-I slate. Bring on 2011!

Yeah, I can't believe how many teams out that way play D-II/NAIA teams. Is it lack of "local" games?

Screamin_Eagle174
01-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I can't believe how many teams out that way play D-II/NAIA teams. Is it lack of "local" games?

That's exactly the reason. Well that, and a guaranteed W and home game for fans. I thought for sure we'd pick up a D-II in USD's spot as we usually do for the weekend when students return to campus and parents are in town helping the frosh into the dorms.

Tatanka
01-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Speaking of the UND schedule, I'm immensely grateful that Gene was able to put together the schedules he did during our transition and we never were subjected to this kind of piffle.

Also, how about the free pass for UND given by the local talking heads? Guaranteed that would NEVER have happened had NDSU done that so late in their transition. Or early in their transition. Or EVER.

EndZoneQB
01-29-2011, 10:31 PM
That's exactly the reason. Well that, and a guaranteed W and home game for fans. I thought for sure we'd pick up a D-II in USD's spot as we usually do for the weekend when students return to campus and parents are in town helping the frosh into the dorms.

Sure, it's a guaranteed win(unless you're UND)...that doesn't count for anything. I spose, it might help to get your attendance/following up just to have wins on the schedule.

Screamin_Eagle174
01-31-2011, 04:27 AM
Sure, it's a guaranteed win(unless you're UND)...that doesn't count for anything. I spose, it might help to get your attendance/following up just to have wins on the schedule.

Exactly. I'm not a big fan of them myself, and glad we have an all D-I slate this year. Gives us more leeway in getting to 7 D-I wins and into the playoffs, then it's a whole new season, as NDSU and Nova showed everyone this year.

Twentysix
01-31-2011, 06:39 AM
Exactly. I'm not a big fan of them myself, and glad we have an all D-I slate this year. Gives us more leeway in getting to 7 D-I wins and into the playoffs, then it's a whole new season, as NDSU and Nova showed everyone this year.

. GSU

IBleedYellow
02-01-2011, 04:47 AM
Smoke em USD! Hit em hard and low and kick em when they are down! :D

Screamin_Eagle174
02-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Smoke em USD! Hit em hard and low and kick em when they are down! :D

Gonna be a clean sweep of the Dakotas. Just need to schedule SDSU OOC and by 2012 or so it should be complete. :nod:

IzzyFlexion
02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Gonna be a clean sweep of the Dakotas. Just need to schedule SDSU OOC and by 2012 or so it should be complete. :nod:

And, if you're putting this message on another school's fan board at 3 in the morning I can only assume that the "clean sweep" includes beating yourself.
Since it's Washington, I guess that it's just past 1 am AND.............this rule is in effect>>>>>>http://images8.cafepress.com/image/33262788_125x125.png