PDA

View Full Version : Frank Veldman

lakesbison
01-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Hs guy from mnsports was just on PA/KFAN...

He did play by play of eastview basketball and his highlight of Veldman taking a pass , 1 dribble and 2 hand thunderous jam in traffic.

This guy is an amazing get for NDSU!!
THANK YOU GOPHERS for only offering a preferred.

Eastview is 12-2 ranked. Frank had 18 points in that last game

Kermit
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Hs guy from mnsports was just on PA/KFAN...

He did play by play of eastview basketball and his highlight of Veldman taking a pass , 1 dribble and 2 hand thunderous jam in traffic.

This guy is an amazing get for NDSU!!
THANK YOU GOPHERS for only offering a preferred.

Eastview is 12-2 ranked. Frank had 18 points in that last game

Veldman also has a basketball teammate, 6'7" junior forward Joey King, who is an outstanding prospect.

lakesbison
01-26-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYaOlroBp1o

wow wow wow

he was on iowastate rivals page too http://iowastate.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?Position=22&sport=1&school=32

On_the_road
01-26-2011, 08:12 PM
He could be a good one. Time will tell.

BadlandsBison
01-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Offense or defense at NDSU? Any educated guesses?

lakesbison
01-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Safety. The way he hits people is sweet, him and colton will make a great pair of safetys for next 3 years and allows Mwill & Pierre to be aggressive and jump routes!!

SUfan85
01-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Safety. The way he hits people is sweet, him and colton will make a great pair of safetys for next 3 years and allows Mwill & Pierre to be aggressive and jump routes!!

I rather see him as wideout big tall and physical.. something the bison missed in the past years, someone who can go up in the air and get the ball... and when they get in the red zone the fade route would be a perfect play.. we need someone to stretch the field instead of have 7-8 in the box all the time... i dont know what do people think about that?

DjKyRo
01-27-2011, 06:14 AM

I don't see him beating Dan Eaves for the spot opposite Heagle. Too many impact plays this season. With the inconsistency we've had with receivers we need a high-caliber guy there (granted, we've got Vraa, Gebhart, and Ming's boy Tevin Pittman to grade out yet).

IzzyFlexion
01-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Senior Daniel Eaves mentors him in 2011 while he (Frank) packs on 20-25 pounds, then teams up with Heagle in 2012.
Love how he hits people. Very impressive looking athlete.

DORMIE
01-27-2011, 09:08 PM
I liked the way he looked at WR. We're going to have 5 young receivers at 6'4" and 4 at 6'2". Great potential. I also liked how S Danell Miles looked on tape. A real ball hawk. I think we'll be solid at safety in the future.

Kermit
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
I liked the way he looked at WR. We're going to have 5 young receivers at 6'4" and 4 at 6'2". Great potential. I also liked how S Danell Miles looked on tape. A real ball hawk. I think we'll be solid at safety in the future.

My guess is that Vraa and Gebhart will be ready to contribute at WR this season. Powell-Calhoun, Pittman, and Okland are all young, 6'4" receivers in the pipeline.

I like the idea of putting elite athletes on defense. Yes, Miles looks like the real deal, but I'd like to see Veldman and Sonnenfeld on defense, too. Safties or possibly OLB if one of them can add some good weight.

CAS4127
01-27-2011, 09:55 PM
My guess is that Vraa and Gebhart will be ready to contribute at WR this season. Powell-Calhoun, Pittman, and Okland are all young, 6'4" receivers in the pipeline.

I like the idea of putting elite athletes on defense. Yes, Miles looks like the real deal, but I'd like to see Veldman and Sonnenfeld on defense, too. Safties or possibly OLB if one of them can add some good weight.

I agree, Kerm, but 9 times out of 10 if the player did not play defense at all in HS, they will not turn into great defensive players in college. There is a different attitude that must be present to play defense well.

Kermit
01-28-2011, 03:45 AM
I agree, Kerm, but 9 times out of 10 if the player did not play defense at all in HS, they will not turn into great defensive players in college. There is a different attitude that must be present to play defense well.

Veldman was first-team all-metro as a safety. He also played WR, punted, and returned punts. He is an outstanding basketball player and an elite jumper in track. :)

jarhead
01-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Frank was conference Defensive Player of the year and made the all-state team as a safety. His tapes show a player that closes on the ball and is a very
physical tackler who also seems to have good coverage skills.

kurosawa
01-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Minnesota has had some late decommits and official visit cancellations. Not saying Veldman's NDSU commitment isn't solid, but stay tuned; it could get interesting.

CAS4127
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Veldman was first-team all-metro as a safety. He also played WR, punted, and returned punts. He is an outstanding basketball player and an elite jumper in track. :)

Jarhead:
Frank was conference Defensive Player of the year and made the all-state team as a safety. His tapes show a player that closes on the ball and is a very
physical tackler who also seems to have good coverage skills.

That is good to know--which I didn't. Otherwise, I was not speaking directly about Veldman, I was just speaking in general re: elite athletes/defense.

runtheoption
01-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Jarhead:

That is good to know--which I didn't. Otherwise, I was not speaking directly about Veldman, I was just speaking in general re: elite athletes/defense.

So how in the heck did you end up on defense? :D

Notorious
01-28-2011, 02:31 PM
So how in the heck did you end up on defense? :D

Was thinking the same thing...I thought that fat, slow guys played offensive line...(j/k former o-linemen)!!

Also, have we had a player named Frank on the team since Frank Tekautz????

lakesbison
01-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I said earlier gophers will be going after frank again......hopefully he wants to play with Matt hard enough!!!! & a chance to beat the gophers this year !!

Bison Dan
01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I said earlier gophers will be going after frank again......hopefully he wants to play with Matt hard enough!!!! & a chance to beat the gophers this year !!

Lets hope he red shirts if he sticks.

Castor Troy
01-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Yeah, he's solid in all three jumps, which is sort of rare.

HJ- 6' 6"
TJ- 46' 2"
LJ- 22' 9"

This means that this young man has speed (LJ), agility, (HJ & TJ), and excellent body awareness (HJ & TJ).

I'm in! :nod:

bisonhusker
01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Minnesota has had some late decommits and official visit cancellations. Not saying Veldman's NDSU commitment isn't solid, but stay tuned; it could get interesting.

You have ZERO basis for stating this. He is a SOLID Bison. Thanks. Keep posting on the Gopher premium board and fishing for something. Nobody is biting. We appreciate you being a Frank Veldman fan, we are excited he will be another great Bison from the great state of MN.

Bison81
01-28-2011, 06:10 PM
frpm what i've seen on hi-lites - good chance he's on the field next fall

ISXBISON
01-29-2011, 12:02 AM
You have ZERO basis for stating this. He is a SOLID Bison. Thanks. Keep posting on the Gopher premium board and fishing for something. Nobody is biting. We appreciate you being a Frank Veldman fan, we are excited he will be another great Bison from the great state of MN.

Except Lakes--and now it's his story...

lakesbison
01-29-2011, 05:16 AM
Isx Ur mom bites......harrrrrrd

ISXBISON
01-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Isx Ur mom bites......harrrrrrd

Hahahaha...nice grade school comeback:nod: :nod: