PDA

View Full Version : This is interesting(Summit and Sioux nickname)...

NDSUstudent
01-26-2011, 05:31 AM
How will the winged monkeys spin this???

The University of North Dakota asked an athletic conference it once considered joining to publicly come out against accepting the Fighting Sioux as a member until the controversial nickname and logo issue was resolved, according to Summit League Commissioner Tom Douple.

UND spokesman Peter Johnson said Monday and repeated Tuesday that university President Robert Kelley “categorically denies” UND officials ever made such a request to the Summit League.

Douple said Tuesday that while UND officials deny they pushed the Summit League to offer an ultimatum on the nickname, he would have had no other good reason to do it.

“I wouldn’t put myself out there and put my membership through that on my own volition,” he said. “But it’s water under the bridge. That’s OK. They’ve decided to move on, and we’re moving on.”

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/306233/group/Sports/

TbonZach
01-26-2011, 05:56 AM
How will the winged monkeys spin this???

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/306233/group/Sports/

I can tell you right now - Douple/The Summit/NDSU/Taylor/Chapman is a liar/the devil and will do anything to try to bring down UND. The Summit sucks and Big Sky, Big Sky, Big Sky.

Butthockey.

*edit: This might want to be moved to the smack section soon...

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
in related news, the Home of Economy in el forko grande is sold out of pitchforks, torches, and kerosene.

and it appears as if the spin will simply consist of "it never happened".

not quite sure what to think here although it seems odd that Douple would make this shit up. it seems more likely that it happened but was never supposed to see the light of day.

either way i hope this is the last time the Summit commish is brought up in any way shape or form connected to that dumpster fire up north. it's embarrassing.

Bison"FANatic"
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Now instead of Chapman being the devil we get to here how Douple is the devil. It is really quite entertaining, just once it would be nice to see them take some ownership of their screwups. It probably doesn't help when they sold their soul to a donor.! They can spin it all they want good luck in the lots of travel sky, flying every team everywhere will have no effect on the bottom line.;)

aces1180
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I was just lurking at SS.com...I swear Star2City had a stroke when he read this story. BOOOMMMMM! LOL.

Hammersmith
01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I will agree with one thing that was said up there: this was probably leaked by someone in the ND legislature trying to drum up support for one of the nickname bills.

When you think about it, the story does explain GT's mistake a couple years back about the Summit's supposed non-scheduling policy regarding UND. I bet Douple ran the idea being reported by Kolpack by the Summit presidents to get their (tacit, at least) approval. Somewhere between Douple to Chapman to Taylor, the message got garbled and GT misunderstood.

I doubt Douple called up Kolpack out of the blue to start this story, but I bet he was chuckling inside when Jeff called to confirm it. It sure has started my day out with a laugh.

Bison Dan
01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I was just lurking at SS.com...I swear Star2City had a stroke when he read this story. BOOOMMMMM! LOL.

It makes him out to be less than truthful (from his previous posts) - big time!

roadwarrior
01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Jeff probably talked to Douple at the BSA last saturday.

tony
01-26-2011, 02:10 PM
On second thought, staying out of this one :)

aces1180
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Like sands through the hour glass, these are the

http://411onsoaps.com/wp-content/uploads/1594.jpg

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/306304/

Bison"FANatic"
01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
The thing is, nothing good can come of NDSU, The Summit league or any team in these conferences talking about the Sioux situation. It would be best to just say that it is a UND issue and let it be at that.

When someone has crap all over their hands the only thing that can come about with associating with them is you get crap on yourself. Best to say go back to the bathroom get yourself cleaned up and then we will go from there and leave it at that.

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 03:05 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/834c102d.jpg

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 03:07 PM
The thing is, nothing good can come of NDSU, The Summit league or any team in these talking about their situation. It would be best to just say that is a UND issue and let it be at that.

When someone has crap all over their hands the only thing that can come about with associating with them is you get crap on yourself. Best to say go back to the bathroom get yourself cleaned up and then we will go from there and leave it at that.

^^^Truth^^^

This is not something NDSU or the league wants any part of.

duluthbison
01-26-2011, 03:10 PM
I have to admit, I didn't see this one comming!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/306304/group/homepage/

aces1180
01-26-2011, 03:11 PM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22924

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 03:11 PM

Hmmmmm... no comments allowed either. Interesting. Probably doesn't involve Chapman or NDSU so no point in getting feedback from their loyal readers.

BadlandsBison
01-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Hmmmmm... no comments allowed either. Interesting. Probably doesn't involve Chapman or NDSU so no point in getting feedback from their loyal readers.

Gotta wait until the Death Star II is complete. Then comments will be allowed.

tony
01-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Wisdom:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=467931&postcount=11

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_baby

duluthbison
01-26-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22924

Whoops, didn't see that thread.

DjKyRo
01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
The meltdown over at SS is pretty entertaining. I also noticed a "Fire Hakstol" thread. It's a great time of year.

Notorious
01-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Deny once...there is a possibility it wasn't said.
Deny more than once...busted!

Answer Guy
01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Front-page UND story in the Forum?

Where's the outrage, guys? :p

Superfan
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Front-page UND story in the Forum?

Where's the outrage, guys? :p

Shouldn't you be drinking a Schmitts Gay by the pool?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/679770/

Bison"FANatic"
01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
The interesting thing is the guys up on the board to the north still think it was the Summit who was holding the cards and holding things up. The Missouri Valley Football Conference is who held all the cards. They could handle the scheduling of 1 extra team for football but did not want to mess with 2.

My opinion is "Summit football" was looked into and wasn't viable and that is when UND said oh $#@@ and looked to the west. Things worked out and they got a conference. Best of luck on your future endeavors. Just don't blame the loss of the name on NDSU or the Summit.

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Get the spin right from the horse's mou... ok, I mean, well, from an oriface on the horse.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/306312/

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2345/2082759256_dd1ac3af56.jpg

DjKyRo
01-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Get the spin right from the horse's mou... ok, I mean, well, from an oriface on the horse.

Popcorn = READY.

JMB
01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
I wonder if we can get CSpan to send some folks out to Bismarck to televise the upcoming circus. This could get better than Farve coming out of retirement to play for the Vikings....

bisonhusker
01-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I am listening to 970 right now. Faison is a mess. A hot mess.

aces1180
01-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Yeah, he doesn't have a clue. It's fun to listen to, actually!

Another reason we are so lucky to have Gene.

DjKyRo
01-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Well that was entertaining.

NDSUstudent
01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
UND a school with no leadership, they wonder why the NCAA and SBoHE walked all over them in getting rid of the nickname.

Civil06
01-26-2011, 06:38 PM

What happened during the interview???

siouxdgj
01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
The interesting thing is the guys up on the board to the north still think it was the Summit who was holding the cards and holding things up. The Missouri Valley Football Conference is who held all the cards. They could handle the scheduling of 1 extra team for football but did not want to mess with 2.

My opinion is "Summit football" was looked into and wasn't viable and that is when UND said oh $#@@ and looked to the west. Things worked out and they got a conference. Best of luck on your future endeavors. Just don't blame the loss of the name on NDSU or the Summit.

In general, I think this is basically what happened. Once Summit football appeared to be out of the question and MVFC didn't seem exactly interested in adding UND, UND--not wanting to waste any of the Summit's time anymore--looked for other options. UND needed a football home and found one in the Big Sky. Had the Big Sky known South Dakota wasn't going to come along, the bid to UND likely would not have been extended.

2910Bison
01-26-2011, 08:46 PM
In general, I think this is basically what happened. Once Summit football appeared to be out of the question and MVFC didn't seem exactly interested in adding UND, UND--not wanting to waste any of the Summit's time anymore--looked for other options. UND needed a football home and found one in the Big Sky. Had the Big Sky known South Dakota wasn't going to come along, the bid to UND likely would not have been extended.

Had UND known that USD wasn't going to come along, they might not have jumped at the offer so quickly either.

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Had UND known that USD wasn't going to come along, they might not have jumped at the offer so quickly either.

"Jumped at the offer"? Are you forgetting they were in a position of strength? :D

bisonmike2
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
"Jumped at the offer"? Are you forgetting they were in a position of strength? :D

exactly. It was UND that let the rest of the Big Sky into their own one team conference then they just renamed their conference to the Big Sky to be nice.

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2011, 09:25 PM
UND a school with no leadership, they wonder why the NCAA and SBoHE walked all over them in getting rid of the nickname.

Actually I have heard from some folks at NDSU that Kelley is a good and honorable guy and very reasonable to work with. He is in one hell of a rough spot with the nickname. I think that whole article in the paper does no more that rub salt in old wounds (and sell a few more Fargo Forums). All of them involved in this just need to be quiet and let it die.

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Actually I have heard from some folks at NDSU that Kelley is a good and honorable guy and very reasonable to work with. He is in one hell of a rough spot with the nickname. I think that whole article in the paper does no more that rub salt in old wounds (and sell a few more Fargo Forums). All of them involved in this just need to be quiet and let it die.

Head of nail, meet hammer. There's a reason it was on the front page above the fold. Is it more important news than the State of the Union address? Really? No, but it will sell more papers.

siouxdgj
01-26-2011, 10:14 PM

That is also likely true.

NDSUstudent
01-26-2011, 10:22 PM

I was referring more to Faison who was on WDAY radio at the time of that post. I'm not sure what I think of Kelley, he is better than Kupchella but I haven't really been impressed with how he handled the nickname debate. I know it is tough issue but dealing with tough issues is why he is getting the big money.

I think if anything this Summit League thing was an idea or suggestion gone very wrong by the leadership of our conference and UND's leaders. I don't know if some wires got crossed or what, but it makes everyone look stupid. I'm just glad NDSU for the most part stayed away from the nickname issue.

tjbison
01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Anyone catch who Mcfeeley had from the Third Reich in his show today??

SDSUAlum08
01-26-2011, 11:14 PM
To make this really short:

I went and looked at SS.com and it completely blew my mind how many people on there were talking about how much they wanted the nickname to stay. Don't they understand that this 'name' is holding back their school. Because of it, it's caused way more headaches than needed and the ND legislator is fighting to keep it still! Luckily ND doesn't have a $$$ deficit like the rest of the country.

Basically, I just don't understand why they are trying to keep it around? Get over it. Move on to bigger and better things. It's holding back the university.

****My entire family grew up in the Northwood, Hatton, Larimore, & Gilby area. Many of my family members went to UND & NDSU so I've been following this issue.

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 11:39 PM
According to Season 8, South Park, Episode 9, "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes", everything shits their pants before dying. I think we are witnessing this phenomenon. Again, all things NDSU would do well not to get too close as to become collateral damage.

Tatanka
01-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Anyone catch who Mcfeeley had from the Third Reich in his show today??

McFeeley had Brian faISON on. And he'll be on again tonight on 970 for the UND sports coach's show. They're really going balls to the wall on this denial.

Imagine if all of the wasted effort surrounding this nickname fiasco went to actually bettering education or quality of life in North Dakota?

TheBisonator
01-26-2011, 11:45 PM
According to Season 8, South Park, Episode 9, "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes", everything shits their pants before dying. I think we are witnessing this phenomenon. Again, all things NDSU would do well not to get too close as to become collateral damage.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's 10 bucks you owe me, Kyle!!!

TheBisonator
01-26-2011, 11:47 PM
The weird thing reading on the Pink and Green Board is the number of people who are using this as an excuse to call GT an asshole and a douchebag, etc. Talk about being jealous of a school that has an actual successful athletic director...

siouxdgj
01-26-2011, 11:58 PM
To make this really short:

I went and looked at SS.com and it completely blew my mind how many people on there were talking about how much they wanted the nickname to stay. Don't they understand that this 'name' is holding back their school. Because of it, it's caused way more headaches than needed and the ND legislator is fighting to keep it still! Luckily ND doesn't have a $$$ deficit like the rest of the country.

Basically, I just don't understand why they are trying to keep it around? Get over it. Move on to bigger and better things. It's holding back the university.

****My entire family grew up in the Northwood, Hatton, Larimore, & Gilby area. Many of my family members went to UND & NDSU so I've been following this issue.

Whether the nickname issue is really holding back the school is somewhat up for debate. It's easy for you to say, being an SDSU alum. Rightly or wrongly, many of us feel part of us is truly being ripped away, part of our heritage. The way the NCAA arbitrarily and capriciously ruled and the stipulations placed on our retaining the nickname really stung. It's like being declared guilty of an offense without a fair trial. The hurt will linger for a while, no doubt about that. But I think you're right: We'll just have to move on.

WYOBISONMAN
01-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Whether the nickname issue is really holding back the school is somewhat up for debate. It's easy for you to say, being an SDSU alum. Rightly or wrongly, many of us feel part of us is truly being ripped away, part of our heritage. The way the NCAA arbitrarily and capriciously ruled and the stipulations placed on our retaining the nickname really stung. It's like being declared guilty of an offense without a fair trial. The hurt will linger for a while, no doubt about that. But I think you're right: We'll just have to move on.

I bet in 10 years.......If I am still alive......there will be a new mascot that the fans are just as passionate about. After all it is still UND......and I am sure we will just as passionately despise UND;) .

JMB
01-27-2011, 12:31 AM

Even if it isn't now, it probably will in the future if this legislation goes through. What are the ramifications if the State of North Dakota goes back on its agreement with the NCAA? Will they simply put you on "the list" or will there be a more severe ramification down the road.

The problem UND is going to run into is that with the name you guys just aren't worth the trouble. No one wants the headache of dealing with the back lash of a Fargodome full of people yelling "Sioux Suck". Texas Tech won't want to deal with the "We take offense to the cover of your media guide (or program or whatever it was)" crap that happened after the football game.

Personally I don't have a problem with the nickname and think this is blown out of proportion, but I am not native american either. I also know when I stood in the Fargodome many years ago yelling "Sioux Suck" the Sioux I was referring to was not a native american nation but the guys with green helmets. However it has to get to the point where it isn't a battle worth fighting any longer doesn't it?

EndZoneQB
01-27-2011, 12:53 AM
exactly. It was UND that let the rest of the Big Sky into their own one team conference then they just renamed their conference to the Big Sky to be nice.

Quoted for recognition. Proper rep has been given.

LMFAO, I laughed freakin' hard when I read this post. No rep has been given because apparently you've been on a hot streak so I have to spread it around.

tjbison
01-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Quoted for recognition. Proper rep has been given.

LMFAO, I laughed freakin' hard when I read this post. No rep has been given because apparently you've been on a hot streak so I have to spread it around.

Taken care of for you;)

imabison
01-27-2011, 03:48 AM
[QUOTE=NDSUstudent;467859]How will the winged monkeys spin this???

So why did the skol up north not Categorically DENY this when it was going on and not 9 months later when it should be a non issue.

Slithering tongue speaks out of both sides of mouth perhaps....

cbline
01-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Plausible deniability. Look at what the und spokesman said, but also what he did NOT say: “Neither the president or the athletic director or anybody else from UND ever talked to (the Summit League) from that angle. In no way, shape or form did we ask (Douple) to make that an issue.”

To stir the conspiracy pot, I say that maybe someone with the ralph foundation made the contact with Douple. If so, then und can say "Hey, no one from the university made the request", and they would still be telling the truth.

Bison"FANatic"
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM
The thing I find interesting is they keep harping on why did Douple bring this up now.

Do they not understand that he was in town last weekend and more than likely had a good conversation about lots of thing with Kolpack and with all the news reports he saw and heard in the radio, TV and newspaper about the name while up here I would bet it came up.

They need a scapegoat up north as this can't be their fault and it looks like the nickname ordeal will be Douple and the Summits fault thus NDSU's fault in some of their eyes. Then 20 years from now they can blame the loss on those big bad Bison from Fargo. This circus is getting quite interesting.

Now some are saying that it would be ok to give up home playoff football games for the nickname. I think the Buthockey contingent would shut down the whole rest of the athletic department if they could.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

TheBisonator
01-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Reading the initial story and then reading SS.com, one wonders why Douple (and to an extent Gene) is being blamed for all this when Faison and Kelley are the ones who farted in the bank line. After reading some of that propoganda on SS, you'd think that the story was that Douple did something wrong, and Gene did the same wrong thing later on...

CAS4127
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Has anyone considered the fact that the article was timed perfectly to coincide with the nickname bills currently being considered?? Just Sayin!!

Tatanka
01-30-2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/191844/

Looks like teh Heraldo is in full CYA mode.

Of course, everyone else is out to get Kelley, UND, and Grand Forks. :rolleyes:

ISXBISON
01-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Interesting that he took a shot at the Foolem too...

JMB
01-30-2011, 09:59 PM
I have a question for everyone.... We (the bisonville community) generally (not everyone) complain about the Forum's treatment of NDSU. Looking at this article, is this the relationship we wish NDSU would have with the Forum?

Just looking for opinions... .

MN_BISON
01-30-2011, 10:22 PM

Mike Jacobs, the king of the asshats has spoken. I really don't have anything else to say but damn that guy is a size XL douche bag.

NDSUstudent
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM
I have a question for everyone.... We (the bisonville community) generally (not everyone) complain about the Forum's treatment of NDSU. Looking at this article, is this the relationship we wish NDSU would have with the Forum?

My only problem with the Forum is the clueless headline writers. I would never want the Forum to turn into the Herald.

tony
01-30-2011, 11:36 PM

A. I think the Forum does a pretty good job of covering NDSU athletics so maybe I'm not in the Forum-bashing demographic. Not a big fan of Amy D's column from time to time... too many unnamed sources with obvious UND ties get quoted with impunity in her columns.
B. No, I don't want the Forum to have a relationship with NDSU like the Herald has with UND... man, that piece in the Herald was laughable and sad at the same time.

Tatanka
01-30-2011, 11:36 PM

Actually, NO. I cringe at the thought of the Forum becoming lap dogs for everything NDSU. There is a middle ground between where the Forum is now and the obvious (and remarkably consistent) asshattery up in el Forko.

I would just settle for the local paper giving appropriate coverage to the local universities (all of them) while also reporting relevant news from other universities across the state. Apply the same investigative lens to all in an equal fashion. Don't need the paper to be a cheerleader at all times, but what's good for the local golden goose is also good for the dodo birds elsewhere.

Mr. Burgundy
01-31-2011, 01:08 AM
In today's Fargo Forum: Schnepf's article was on the Sioux Nickname. Then there was an article on the UND women's coach, an article on how UND men won in hoops (against the worst team in NCAA), an article on girls hockey, and an article on men's hockey. That is 5 stories in one day. Impressive coverage they get in Fargo.

Anyone care to dig what type of coverage NDSU gets in GF?

Tatanka
01-31-2011, 01:40 AM
In today's Fargo Forum: Schnepf's article was on the Sioux Nickname. Then there was an article on the UND women's coach, an article on how UND men won in hoops (against the worst team in NCAA), an article on girls hockey, and an article on men's hockey. That is 5 stories in one day. Impressive coverage they get in Fargo.

Anyone care to dig what type of coverage NDSU gets in GF?

Considering there is not a category for NDSU on the el forko fishwrap web site I'd say little if any. I would imagine that something negative would somehow transcend the filter and make it to the front page. That's just how they operate up there.

aces1180
01-31-2011, 03:00 AM
It's been said before, but if you don't like the coverage of UND and lack of coverage to NDSU, cancel your subscriptions and boycott as many advertisers as you can.

Don't just call and e-mail the Forum this information either. If you want to make a real impact, contact these specific businesses and let them know you will do your best to let your friends and family know that they should not frequent their services unless the stop advertising with the Forum. It may seem like a lot of work, but one or two calls can make a real difference.

Like the old saying goes, "Money talks and bullshit walks."

This goes for all media, not just the Forum.

How a newspaper covers a school that is 75 miles away better than they do for a superior school in their own backyard is crazy. Oh, wait, the radio contract. :banghead: :banghead:

As far as the Herald goes, I wouldn't expect a lot, if any of NDSU coverage from them anyways. However, if I worked at the Forum which sucks UND's balls, I would be ashamed.

tjbison
01-31-2011, 03:06 AM
There is a difference with the Forum that no other paper in the state can compete with and thats its coverage area, which is why I have no problem with their coverage of all sports as long as its equal.

I'm pretty sure you can buy the statewide Forum all the way in Bismarck and Rugby along with multiple towns in between. I can't by a Bismarck Tribune or Minot Daily news in Fargo. Hell I don't think you can get a Herlad in Fargo either can you?

Kolpack and the forum do a great job covering NDSU football on its gamedays, much better than the Bozeman paper did for the playoff game.

TheBisonator
01-31-2011, 04:09 AM
There is a difference with the Forum that no other paper in the state can compete with and thats its coverage area, which is why I have no problem with their coverage of all sports as long as its equal.

I'm pretty sure you can buy the statewide Forum all the way in Bismarck and Rugby along with multiple towns in between. I can't by a Bismarck Tribune or Minot Daily news in Fargo. Hell I don't think you can get a Herlad in Fargo either can you?

Kolpack and the forum do a great job covering NDSU football on its gamedays, much better than the Bozeman paper did for the playoff game.

Almost every gas station I've been into in F-M has sold the Herald. But I dunno, it could've changed by now.

NDSUstudent
01-31-2011, 04:15 AM
The Forum is just picking up Herald stories for most of the their Siouxage articles, it is local content of interest. Which is a lot better than running some lame AP article. The problem is the Herald doesn't ever cover the Bison, unless they want to rip NDSU about something.

The Forum did send three reporters to some of our football games, most schools are just a one man beat. I do wish they still had a writer devoted to just men's hoops, Kolpack does a great job but he has a lot on his plate.

tjbison
01-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Almost every gas station I've been into in F-M has sold the Herald. But I dunno, it could've changed by now.

I must be.blind then, Just this AM - looked and there was the Forum, USA Today, Star Tribune, and reality

Facts
01-31-2011, 01:28 PM

WOW... Mick Jagobs has obviously lost the ability to separate the objectivity demanded (should be demanded) by his job from his homer-rooting self.

What I find astounding is not one single GF media person has been able to see the plausibility of Douples remarks... Just look at what is going on with the nickname right now and for the last 30-40 years. Is it that hard to believe that someone would want to be rid of that millstone??

NDSUstudent
01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Umm wow....It just never stops with star2city...

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/15024-somebodys-lying/page__view__findpost__p__485511

NorthernBison
02-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Any explanation for Jacob's assertion that "reaction from Summit schools was negative"? I don't remember any official comments from Summit schools that were negative about UND accepting the BSC offer. Maybe he meant "Bisonville".

Funny how plenty of people in El Forko Grande have forgotten some things that ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

1. Douple actually made the comment about presenting the UND application to the Presidents after the nickname issue was settled. A "No Comment" would have been totally appropriate in response to the reporter's question about why the Coyotes got invited and UND didn't.

2. A "no comment" would have been the best way to retain a working relationship with UND Administrators vs. injecting the Nickname issue into the conference affiliation process. UNLESS, the UND Administration supported that position.

3. There was NO public expression of outrage from Kelley or Faison about Douple's comments. Exactly the opposite happened, they actually USED the comments from Douple to urge the SBoHE to move the timetable forward. This actually happened and nobody disputes it.

I'd say the actions of the parties pretty much tell the story. They got the nickname retired quickly and somebody else got to be the bad guy.

BTW, I wonder if Jacobs thinks Fullerton is a pillar of integrity.

Tatanka
02-01-2011, 03:30 AM
Umm wow....It just never stops with star2city...

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/15024-somebodys-lying/page__view__findpost__p__485511

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/093/448/original/tumblr_lev8pcOztI1qe91wdo1_250.gif