PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Recruiting

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

HerdBot
01-30-2012, 08:11 PM
it getting dwon to crunch time !

Yep. Favorite time of the year. Im ecstatic with the class already. Just hope we hang on to Pierce and Warren and get Leichler. Anything else is gravey

Jay
01-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Coach Fuchs gets me excited about his tweets.... does he just love his job? Did they just land somebody? What does it mean!?!?

https://twitter.com/#!/CoachFuchs/status/164152841798295552

HerdBot
01-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Coach Fuchs gets me excited about his tweets.... does he just love his job? Did they just land somebody? What does it mean!?!?

https://twitter.com/#!/CoachFuchs/status/164152841798295552

I would hope that it's a final yes I am absolutely coming to NDSU from Pierce or else Leichler. An O-line coach has to be excited about a 6-7 olineman with the agility to play basketball.

Jay
01-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Nice list of Minnesota recruits... http://www.mnfootballhub.com/page/show/456167-national-signing-day

baseballfan7
01-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Per Domm Izzo's twitter. Football source confirms to me that De Witt, Nebraka offensive tackle Sam Hahn has verbally committed to #NDSU, more at 10 on @wdaynews

rutlandbison
01-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Per Domm Izzo's twitter. Football source confirms to me that De Witt, Nebraka offensive tackle Sam Hahn has verbally committed to #NDSU, more at 10 on @wdaynews
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sam-Hahn-135054'

And boom goes the dynomite

KTF
01-31-2012, 01:40 AM
guess that is why Fuch's loves his job per twitter...

Jay
01-31-2012, 01:47 AM
Josh Orsino received an offer today from Florida Atlantic

https://twitter.com/#!/SFHSSports/status/164177489692856320

HerdBot
01-31-2012, 01:51 AM

Probably not the #1 choice and probably more of a project, but you can't argue with our success in Nebraska and at 6-6, 260 he's a big dude with some big time upside. I have faith in Fuchs ability to develop these guys. Honorable mention all state. Smart dude. Honorable mention All-Class C-2 District 3 Football Team. All Class World Herald. Played basketball and did track. Not sure what but it showed shot put and discus stats and he was a member of the Nebraska select 17U basketball team. Had a few D2 offers. Solid get. Good athlete.

KSBisonFan
01-31-2012, 01:52 AM
guess that is why Fuch's loves his job per twitter...
I think he got more than Hahn.

KTF
01-31-2012, 01:54 AM
I know he got more than Hahn but if he got Lechler as well he is going to have some great guys to work with...

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-31-2012, 02:07 AM
Probably not the #1 choice and probably more of a project, but you can't argue with our success in Nebraska and at 6-6, 260 he's a big dude with some big time upside. I have faith in Fuchs ability to develop these guys. Honorable mention all state. Smart dude. Honorable mention All-Class C-2 District 3 Football Team. Solid get.

You gotta love O-Linemen from the Midwest, tall stong, farmer kids. There are reasons that most of the colleges in the Midwest have great running games. Welcome Sam, glad to have you aboard!!

HerdBot
01-31-2012, 02:26 AM
You gotta love O-Linemen from the Midwest, tall stong, farmer kids. There are reasons that most of the colleges in the Midwest have great running games. Welcome Sam, glad to have you aboard!!

The more i read abuot him the more I like... good basketball player, shot put, discus, and had a few D2 offers and tried to walk on at Nebraska. Goes with the recent theme of getting athletes and developing them. Definately will redshirt. I would guess he's going to be a really big guard? he's listed 2 spots behind Birkachek as top nebraska tackles and a little bigger. Not sure if that means anything though.

jarhead
01-31-2012, 02:36 AM
The first video I watched last February was Casey Jahn and I got excited about the 2012 class. We didn't sign him, but I think we did just fine. Don't know if we will sign Arp and Lechler
but today has been huge. I really believe Jacob Davis and Brett Pierce will be absolute studs and I will be very surprised if Mr. Hahn doesn't turn out to be a 3 year starter for us as well.
I'm going to bed, one of you kids will have to turn off the lights.

Mr. Burgundy
01-31-2012, 02:36 AM
He was a kid I expected to hear from before signing day. Huge frame, good basketball player, will add a ton of weight in the mold of a Cornick who came in thin....and left..."Beefy." Nebraska kids grow up absolutely loving football and have proven to be great Bison. Another great get. It took a while for Fuchs to get "his kids" in his group, now he has them, and he knows what it takes to be great "Rams." Congrats to the staff.

Also, someone asked this earlier....who recruited Davis? I have to assume is was Coach Klieman who handles Kansas.

westnodak93bison
01-31-2012, 03:10 AM
He was a kid I expected to hear from before signing day. Huge frame, good basketball player, will add a ton of weight in the mold of a Cornick who came in thin....and left..."Beefy." Nebraska kids grow up absolutely loving football and have proven to be great Bison. Another great get. It took a while for Fuchs to get "his kids" in his group, now he has them, and he knows what it takes to be great "Rams." Congrats to the staff.

Also, someone asked this earlier....who recruited Davis? I have to assume is was Coach Klieman who handles Kansas.

I think Cornick came in at 295lb. I didn't know that was thin? This kid is 35lbs lighter than Cornick was as a freshman. Lots of work to do in the weight room and at the dinner table. Not saying it can't be done.

BisonNolesFan77
01-31-2012, 04:35 AM
I think Cornick came in at 295lb. I didn't know that was thin? This kid is 35lbs lighter than Cornick was as a freshman. Lots of work to do in the weight room and at the dinner table. Not saying it can't be done.

Rather have an OL come in light with the frame to carry more than come in too heavy, have to lose the bad weight/baby weight, and then build him up again. Get him in a college S&C program and 260 will turn into 290+ pretty quick.

ndsubison1
01-31-2012, 06:34 AM
Hahn Solo.

Anyways, Lechler would be the cherry on top. I searched Lechler on twitter and SiouxSportsInsider said they were hearing Lechler to NDSU and Arp to UND

KyleK_old
01-31-2012, 04:12 PM
This was posted on twitter 20 min ago

@SiouxFootball Beach,ND OL Landon Lechler commits to the Bison. His coach Mike Zier tells me had his official visit last week & "loved" it -- AnderaMidcoSN (@AnderaMidcoSN)

KyleK_old
01-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Another twitter post...not sure what it means??

NDSU -- jackCICHY (@jackCICHY)

EmbdenBison
01-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Another twitter post...not sure what it means??

NDSU -- jackCICHY (@jackCICHY)

I believe Jack Cichy is the grandson of Sid Cichy and a football player out of the twin cities. I remember early on in the recruiting process that NDSU had interest in him and rightly so since the name Cichy is pretty big up here.

CAS4127
01-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I believe Jack Cichy is the grandson of Sid Cichy and a football player out of the twin cities. I remember early on in the recruiting process that NDSU had interest in him and rightly so since the name Cichy is pretty big up here.

His info states he is "Class of 2013"!!!

KyleK_old
01-31-2012, 05:36 PM
I saw that too. Maybe he just wanted to tweet "NDSU" :)

KyleK_old
01-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Beach HC Mike Zier confirms to me that 6'7 OL Landon Lechler has verballed to #NDSU, Lechler had offers from #UND and Dickinson St #Bison -- DomIzzoWDAY (@DomIzzoWDAY)

NDSU '96
01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Any confirmation on Arp?

KyleK_old
01-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Any confirmation on Arp?

Heard UND. Nothing offical

bruinbison
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM

Any of you old Deacons know where Tessa Cichy will be playing college basketball? Class of '12. I believe she is Jack's sis and Steve's daughter. Listed as a 5' 11" guard at Hill-Murray. 23 pts per game so far. Rated #9 in Minnesota by Gpreps. All 8 players ranked above her are Div I recruits. That would be a great name to see on a Bison roster again (think Joe & Nick & Mike in football). If I remember correctly, though, the woman's team is out of scholies.

Bison"FANatic"
01-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Any of you old Deacons know where Tessa Cichy will be playing college basketball? Class of '12. I believe she is Jack's sis and Steve's daughter. Listed as a 5' 11" guard at Hill-Murray. 23 pts per game so far. Rated #9 in Minnesota by Gpreps. All 8 players ranked above her are Div I recruits. That would be a great name to see on a Bison roster again (think Joe & Nick & Mike in football). If I remember correctly, though, the woman's team is out of scholies.

Depends on how things shake out after the coaching change. :)

Hambone
01-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Heard UND. Nothing offical

SiouxFootballInsiders now have Arp listed as a PWO within their commit listing. Haven't seen anything else official, except speculation that this was the case.

Kermit
01-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Leonard Garron. BIG KID. Accoring to Rivals, has an offer from Northern Illinois. Typically a good program, I like it when schools like that have offered.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leonard-Garron-129405

"I've been getting regular calls and interest from Northern Illinois, Illinois State, Wyoming, South Dakota State and North Dakota State. I'm still in touch weekly with the coaches at NIU and I still have an offer from them. The other schools seem pretty interested and they are all talking about offering me an official visit soon."

Garron is planning on setting up some official visit soon.

"I'm looking at taking official visits to Wyoming and Illinois State. I'm also going to take an official visit to NIU and I'm just waiting for the coaches to call and set up the dates for those visits. I really need to get out and see a few of these schools in person since outside of NIU I really haven't been to any of the schools in person yet.."

Leonard Garron to SIU per a reliable poster on Saluki Talk.
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37186

jarhead
01-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Paul Kaczor to Harvard.

EndZoneQB
01-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Beach HC Mike Zier confirms to me that 6'7 OL Landon Lechler has verballed to #NDSU, Lechler had offers from #UND and Dickinson St #Bison -- DomIzzoWDAY (@DomIzzoWDAY)

So he had an offer to UND and DSU, but a walkon to NDSU? Or am I reading this wrong?

Kermit
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
So he had an offer to UND and DSU, but a walkon to NDSU? Or am I reading this wrong?

He will get some type of scholarship from NDSU.

tony
01-31-2012, 10:47 PM

I don't see anything in the Dom Izzo tweet that would indicate that Landon did not have a schollie coming from NDSU.

westnodak93bison
01-31-2012, 10:50 PM
I don't see anything in the Dom Izzo tweet that would indicate that Landon did not have a schollie coming from NDSU.

Do we really know if a kid gets a full or partial scholly? Seems that info is kind of kept under wraps.

CAS4127
01-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Do we really know if a kid gets a full or partial scholly? Seems that info is kind of kept under wraps.

I agree-->the only thing we know for sure are the PWO's.

SamsRams
01-31-2012, 10:56 PM

yep i have always wondered this also....along with when kids get bumped up to partial or full. You would think Moody deserves something after stepping in last year, but not sure we will ever know

CAS4127
01-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Even when I played players got scholly upgrades and downgrades. The only peeps that know for sure r the players and families.

baseballfan7
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
DT Calvin Thomas out of Arizona who had an offer from NDSU has committed to Tulane.
http://hsarizona.scout.com/2/1154230.html

westnodak93bison
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
I agree-->the only thing we know for sure are the PWO's.

I'll speculate some scholly money is moved around. Kind of like a pro athlete altering his contract to help sign a free agent. Maybe a senior gives up 10% or something to help the program?

SamsRams
01-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Jason Jewell also tweeted Calvin Thomas to Tulane
http://twitter.com/#!/jason247scout

KyleK_old
01-31-2012, 11:37 PM
Jason Jewell also tweeted Calvin Thomas to Tulane
http://twitter.com/#!/jason247scout

Who is still left/who are we still waiting for? This class is already looking great.

HerdBot
02-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Who is still left/who are we still waiting for? This class is already looking great.

Brett McMakin. 6-4 DE out of Kansas with offers from UNI, SIU, SDSU, and walk on interest by Big 12. My gut says NDSU or the team with the ghey dog mascot

jarhead
02-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see McMakin walk-on at Oklahoma. They've been talking to him for a while as a OLB prospect and he seems to like the idea of playing LB. I be-
lieve both his brothers and his parents all attended Oklahoma, but I could be wrong about that. He reminds me a lot of Jirik when he was in high school.

bruinbison
02-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Darn, no change of heart.....Gophersports lists OL Ben Lauer as having sent in his signed LOI.
Nice looking Signing Day Central feature on Gophersports, including live blog, and posted bios of the players and their videos. Updated as it happens. Hope gobison picks up on those features.

GRAFTONBISON
02-01-2012, 02:03 PM
First of all, thanks to everyone who has provided insight into the 2012 recruiting efforts. I am just a casual recruiting observer, but have really enjoyed reading all your posts.

I would be really curious to hear who Glasgow, McMakin, Orsino, and Timpf sign with today. Assuming it will not be NDSU.

Thanks again.

Kermit
02-01-2012, 02:06 PM
First of all, thanks to everyone who has provided insight into the 2012 recruiting efforts. I am just a casual recruiting observer, but have really enjoyed reading all your posts.

I would be really curious to hear who Glasgow, McMakin, Orsino, and Timpf sign with today. Assuming it will not be NDSU.

Thanks again.

Timpf is signing with Army. Rumors are that Glasgow is mulling multiple preferred walk-on offers from Big Ten schools.

Bison"FANatic"
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
One of the things I thought we would be dealing with before today came was the loss of a coach or two over the past few weeks and how it would affect the area that said coach was recruiting. It has been nice to keep everyone on staff through signing day.

tony
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Timpf is signing with Army. Rumors are that Glasgow is mulling multiple preferred walk-on offers from Big Ten schools.

Glasgow might also go Ivy League. I don't think that NDSU is on his list anymore. Orsino has a ton of offers and, gotta say, his highlight tape was extremely impressive.

bisoningrandforks
02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
follow the footballscoop.........no coaches mentioned yet.....thats a good thing!

BisonNeil
02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
We get it Neil. You and Oldguy (mostly on areavoices) have remarkably similar opinions. Lets recap, you aren't as confident as the rest of Bison fans that Crockett will be eligible and you want an unreal RB in each class, and that Bohl has not won his top RB battles this year. How did I do?

Well Burg, like it or not, my worst fears appear to have materialized, unfortunately.

What I don't understand why the press release from the community college he played at said he signed.

A great class though, it is unfortunate there such glaring hole at RB has developed.

Bison Dan
02-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Well Burg, like it or not, my worst fears appear to have materialized, unfortunately.

What I don't understand why the press release from the community college he played at said he signed.

A great class though, it is unfortunate there such glaring hole at RB has developed.

Big F*ckin deal - The sky is falling - Shit might as well forfeit the 2012 schedule.

Go_Herd
02-01-2012, 08:48 PM

Maybe it's because we have signed some great athletes/wide receivers and are moving to the spread formation. 5 wide Baby!! :) :hide:

Da_Bison
02-01-2012, 09:03 PM

thats funny stuff, we have Matt Jones who we were told last fall was good enough to start last year, we have Ojuri, we have Crockett 90% chance, and lang, 4 studs. I'd say were set up better than we've been in quit some time at running back. Not to mention Dinwiddie might still end up here

Mr. Burgundy
02-01-2012, 09:05 PM

I am pretty sure he is a done deal, but it isn't finalized yet. I also know that Crockett is in!!!! That is worth it right there.

To be honest, our starting RB has two years left (Ojuri), Lang has 2 years left, Crockett has 3 years left, and Matt Jones has 4. It isn't like we are starving, but I absolutely agree that it would be nice to add one of his ability, but not to simply just take one. Difference makers are special. Agree that it isn't final until they report it as final.

westnodak93bison
02-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Maybe it's because we have signed some great athletes/wide receivers and are moving to the spread formation. 5 wide Baby!! :) :hide:

I have no problem seeing 5 wide a few times a game to keep the defense honest.

EndZoneQB
02-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Crockett is in? I missed the presser, but he actually mentioned him?

jarhead
02-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Florida RB Jacobi Green, who I found out we were looking at, signed with Richmond. Josh Lisenby's brother, TE/FB Chris, signed with Western Illinois.

daddy daycare
02-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Polacek was on with McFeely and mentioned that Crockett is in. Hitting the weights, and added something along the lines of he might be the most talented kid he has recruited.

Edit: meant to quote endzoneqb as a response.

EndZoneQB
02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Polacek was on with McFeely and mentioned that Crockett is in. Hitting the weights, and added something along the lines of he might be the most talented kid he has recruited.

Wow. Awesome. Just an even better cap to a great day.

CAS4127
02-01-2012, 10:13 PM

I wouldn't say Polasek was completely endorsing Crocket as being in. Also, even if he is, longterm is questionable. VERY talented athletically, hope the best for him!!

BadlandsBison
02-02-2012, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't say Polasek was completely endorsing Crocket as being in. Also, even if he is, longterm is questionable. VERY talented athletically, hope the best for him!!

And for the sake of him getting an education as well as football, I hope Crocket is doing well. Sorry if this was answered, but is he at ndsu now or studying somewhere else?

Jay
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
And for the sake of him getting an education as well as football, I hope Crocket is doing well. Sorry if this was answered, but is he at ndsu now or studying somewhere else?

At NDSU......

tony
02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
So Lechler is from Beach and Plankers is from Kindred and both are tackles... so basically NDSU's offensive line would stretch from I-94 Exit 1 to I-94 Exit 340 when they both get on the field at the same time. <=== extremely stupid factoid.

Bison"FANatic"
02-02-2012, 01:09 PM
So Lechler is from Beach and Plankers is from Kindred and both are tackles... so basically NDSU's offensive line would stretch from I-94 Exit 1 to I-94 Exit 340 when they both get on the field at the same time. <=== extremely stupid factoid.

Protecting ND state don't you know. Probably a good thing Plankers is on the east side as I would fear the crazy stuff Minnesota does over Montana on the western border. :):)

BadlandsBison
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM

Would've made more sense if McGovern stayed, but we will make due :)

westnodak93bison
02-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Would've made more sense if McGovern stayed, but we will make due :)

How about Qvale at guard?

southcliffbison
02-02-2012, 06:15 PM
How about Qvale at guard?

Since you brought up young Qvale's name; I had the opportunity to watch him play this fall in Lincoln; I hope he's content getting in on PAT and FG blocking (that's it). Next season he will be a junior eligibility wise and hope he sees the field more. The program depth chart had him at 3rd string right tackle. Unfortunately, there were 7 other linemen who were the same year eligibility wise as he is or younger, listed in front of him. And, they're all as big as he is.

KTF
02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Would be fun to see Qvale in a Bison uniform but doubt he would ever switch...

jarhead
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Nice post signing day article about Derek McGinnis.

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-school/football/mcginnis-likes-fit-with-national-champ-ndsu/article_e30f210b-51a1-51af-935c-b33e592d1379.html

EndZoneQB
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Since you brought up young Qvale's name; I had the opportunity to watch him play this fall in Lincoln; I hope he's content getting in on PAT and FG blocking (that's it). Next season he will be a junior eligibility wise and hope he sees the field more. The program depth chart had him at 3rd string right tackle. Unfortunately, there were 7 other linemen who were the same year eligibility wise as he is or younger, listed in front of him. And, they're all as big as he is.

But, he get's to play CFB at Nebraska. I don't know too many kids that would pass that up.

Fightin' Bison
02-02-2012, 08:09 PM

Wouldn't that make him 8th string?

tjbison
02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Maybe has been posted but a good article

http://www.hutchnews.com/Jucodaily/dinwiddie-signs-with-ndsu

Kermit
02-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Maybe has been posted but a good article

http://www.hutchnews.com/Jucodaily/dinwiddie-signs-with-ndsu

Yes, it was posted earlier--and it is a good article. Dinwiddie has his own thread over here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26994-2012-JC-transfer-Deveon-DinWiddie-RB&p=600117#post600117

tjbison
02-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes, it was posted earlier--and it is a good article. Dinwiddie has his own thread over here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26994-2012-JC-transfer-Deveon-DinWiddie-RB&p=600117#post600117

ok, didnt see it, been a little behind lately

rutlandbison
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Are there any videos of all the recruits? I know in years past they have put together stuff on youtube of all the recruits.

jarhead
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I think all (or most) of the recruits had their video posted in the recruiting threads as they were "discovered". It'll take some backtracking, but these would be full length
highlight videos (most are 5 to 10 minutes long) as opposed to cut versions. Most are junior year videos, some senior year. If there are specific player s you're interested
in, just Google their name and any videos on You Tube or Hudl will be listed including the most up to date.

Kermit
02-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Are there any videos of all the recruits? I know in years past they have put together stuff on youtube of all the recruits.

They are on the official Facebook page for North Dakota State Bison Football. I can't post the link because Facebook is blocked at my current location.

JMB
02-02-2012, 10:42 PM

I guess you could have said the same thing about Perez or Voightlander this year. Those guys could have certainly transferred to a number of schools and played. It is those backup guys who build the team and have a huge part of their success.

EndZoneQB
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
They are on the official Facebook page for North Dakota State Bison Football. I can't post the link because Facebook is blocked at my current location.

Wow, they sort of dropped the ball on that huh? Maybe it would have served them better to block www.bisonville.com ;)

SamsRams
02-03-2012, 12:12 AM

and this brings up the question i posted a while back. do others like or dislike the idea of creating a new thread when there is a verbal? i would love to see it for every verbal in 2013.

tony
02-03-2012, 12:19 AM
and this brings up the question i posted a while back. do others like or dislike the idea of creating a new thread when there is a verbal? i would love to see it for every verbal in 2013.

Sounds good - we could just have a link in the summary thread to each recruit's individual thread instead of the rivals/scout/forum comm thread.

CAS4127
02-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Sounds good - we could just have a link in the summary thread to each recruit's individual thread instead of the rivals/scout/forum comm thread.

The evolution of mankind!!

SamsRams
02-03-2012, 12:21 AM

read my mind.

jarhead
02-03-2012, 02:14 AM
While we're at it, thanks SamsRams and Tony for the work you guys put in on keeping the threads updated. Nice job!

EndZoneQB
02-03-2012, 03:36 AM
I appreciate the recruiting legwork you guys do for us so I can just sit back and click "new posts" and reap the rewards of your work...

CarringtonBison
02-03-2012, 03:54 AM
I appreciate the recruiting legwork you guys do for us so I can just sit back and click "new posts" and reap the rewards of your work...
^^This^^ thanks for all the hard work for us slouches to enjoy

bisoningrandforks
02-03-2012, 04:28 AM
me too!....thanks guys!

SamsRams
02-04-2012, 04:11 AM
While we're at it, thanks SamsRams and Tony for the work you guys put in on keeping the threads updated. Nice job!

I'm not gonna toot my own horn like Dom seemed to do "The one name that WE had on our list that was not announced yesterday was Deveon Dinwiddie." (http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/02/02/2012-signing-day-wrap-up/). Maybe I am reading that wrong but that feels like a slap to BV with the capital WE. I know there a plenty of ways that could be read, but I took it as they broke the story. Dont get me wrong, I love what Dom and Jeff did this year, but I feel we were step for step with them.
A lot of people pitched in and you are at the top of that list jarhead!!

jarhead
02-04-2012, 01:51 PM
See y'all at the spring game.

X-Factor
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
See y'all at the spring game.

100% chance of ____________________!!

SDbison
02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks jarhead, tony and SamsRams for all your work on the recruiting threads. Can't wait for the Spring game......only about 9 weeks from now. Then after that will have the longer wait of about 15 more weeks for the start of fall practice.

DjKyRo
02-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks jarhead, tony and SamsRams for all your work on the recruiting threads. Can't wait for the Spring game......only about 9 weeks from now. Then after that will have the longer wait of about 15 more weeks for the start of fall practice.

Likewise on both the thanks and the agony of waiting!

herdmember
02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I almost wonder if the late start to recruiting hurt the most for walk-ons. It seems to be we had quite a few more walk-ons last year, and very few this year. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

Also, anyone have a theory to why this may be? Maybe not enough time to get out and offer a bunch of walk-ons to these guys? Maybe the walk-on type guy sees a young, stacked team and thinks they'll never get a shot? I was excited last year to see our walk-on program starting to flourish. This reminded me of the old Nebraska teams that every year would be bolstered by a fantastic walk-on program of local kids that live for the front of the jersey.

As far as the 'big name studs' go, I can't imagine the Bison having a better recruiting class than this year's.

bruinbison
02-05-2012, 08:09 PM
I almost wonder if the late start to recruiting hurt the most for walk-ons. It seems to be we had quite a few more walk-ons last year, and very few this year. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

Also, anyone have a theory to why this may be? Maybe not enough time to get out and offer a bunch of walk-ons to these guys? Maybe the walk-on type guy sees a young, stacked team and thinks they'll never get a shot? I was excited last year to see our walk-on program starting to flourish. This reminded me of the old Nebraska teams that every year would be bolstered by a fantastic walk-on program of local kids that live for the front of the jersey.

As far as the 'big name studs' go, I can't imagine the Bison having a better recruiting class than this year's.

I still have the gobison.com 2011 NDSU Letter of intent signees announcement I printed out (good bathroom library stuff). 20 players named on it. NDSU also listed 7 recruited walk-ons at that date I printed it - within a couple of days of national signing day. Chrest WR/S, Dunn WR, Haeg OT, Lavoy LB, Lesar OG, Talmadge DE and Wood DT.
In comparing this list to the current roster, I found 5 names of additional freshman players.
#30 Cyre FB, #39 Cable FB, #41 Wiest S, #61 Schaetz DL and #80 Moody WR. So that gives me hope that more walk-ons will follow. WR Moody is interesting here on this list as I recall reading posts on Bisonville last spring that he had committed (?) to walking on, but for whatever reason NDSU did not originally announce
his name. Have there been any other walk-ons this year than the 3 I can remember seeing? TE & RB & K.

HerdBot
02-06-2012, 03:22 AM

I think its a numbers game. We only have 9 seniors graduating so the walkons would be coming in at the expense of a scholarship player next year.

Jay
02-06-2012, 01:32 PM
The University of Houston sent out a compliance update saying boosters can't "friend" potential recruits. Something NDSU should look in to. Got this from Darren Rovell...

http://www.whosay.com/darrenrovell/photos/126208

SamsRams
02-07-2012, 12:30 AM
The University of Houston sent out a compliance update saying boosters can't "friend" potential recruits. Something NDSU should look in to. Got this from Darren Rovell...

http://www.whosay.com/darrenrovell/photos/126208

great in theory, but its almost impossible to enforce. What would prevent me from posing as a UNI fan and posting on a UNI recruits page to get UNI in trouble and how would they ever figure it out?

X-Factor
02-08-2012, 12:44 AM
great in theory, but its almost impossible to enforce. What would prevent me from posing as a UNI fan and posting on a UNI recruits page to get UNI in trouble and how would they ever figure it out?

If it really got to be a big deal, they could easily trace your IP and simply knock on your front door and say "whats up pantherlover69?"

SamsRams
02-08-2012, 01:02 AM
If it really got to be a big deal, they could easily trace your IP and simply knock on your front door and say "whats up pantherlover69?"

And then I answer the door in a purple thong with a Lennon porn stache..............now what happens?

CAS4127
02-08-2012, 01:09 AM
The NCAA has no authority to knock on anyone's door.

X-Factor
02-08-2012, 01:22 AM
And then I answer the door in a purple thong with a Lennon porn stache..............now what happens?

Front page of the WFC Courier:

SamsRams
02-08-2012, 01:41 AM

You of all people are gonna see my post and then take the high road by posting an actual fact? This is very disturbing

Facts
02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
What's the final word on the rb dinwiddie?

jarhead
02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Someone who seems to have first hand knowledge of the situation has been posting on the Deveon Dinwiddie thread the past couple of days.

roadwarrior
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Its too early for the final word on this topic.

southcliffbison
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM

SamsRams, I, for one, find the image of you at the door in that getup a chilling thought, to say the least.

CAS4127
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
SamsRams, I, for one, find the image of you at the door in that getup a chilling thought, to say the least.

My question is Sams' reference to "purple thongs"!!! He must have a warped view of sarcasm that only he understands, cuz I sure as hell don't get it!!!:confused::eek:

Bison-Knuckle
02-09-2012, 07:27 PM
This article may have already been posted....has some good quotes from Zach Johnson.
http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_19867380
I love how he watched the NDSU/Goph game during homecoming, and cheered for NDSU.
I'm sure his date loved that!

johnnygolf5
02-09-2012, 08:57 PM

He's flying up tonight for his "official visit" this weekend. He's really excited and looking forward to being there.

Fightin' Bison
02-09-2012, 09:31 PM

It can knock on all the doors it wants. It cannot compel anyone to talk.

CAS4127
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
It can knock on all the doors it wants. It cannot compel anyone to talk.

That was what I was implying. Why the MYOB location-->is the NCAA looking for you??!!

OnTheFifty
02-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Not sure if offer still stands...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Bennett-Goff-130815

Senior linebacker Bennett Goff has still yet to make his college decision.

"I did not sign a letter of intent," Goff told BadgerBlitz.com on Feb. 1. "I'm still trying to evaluate where I'm at. I never signed with Drake like some reports said.

"Right now I have offers from Ohio, Wyoming, Air Force, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, Navy, Dartmouth and Illinois State, along with preferred walk-on offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Stanford."…

Tatanka
02-10-2012, 09:18 PM
This article may have already been posted....has some good quotes from Zach Johnson.
http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_19867380
I love how he watched the NDSU/Goph game during homecoming, and cheered for NDSU.
I'm sure his date loved that!

"I was recruited by the Gophers,'' he said. "They said things were going to happen, and they didn't. NDSU was the only school that was straight up with me. When NDSU played the Gophers, I was really rooting hard for them to win, no doubt about it. It was our homecoming, and we were watching the game. I don't know how our dates felt about that.''

I like to hear this.

BisonNeil
02-11-2012, 05:34 PM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Bennett-Goff-130815

"I did not sign a letter of intent," Goff told BadgerBlitz.com on Feb. 1. "I'm still trying to evaluate where I'm at. I never signed with Drake like some reports said.

"Right now I have offers from Ohio, Wyoming, Air Force, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota, Navy, Dartmouth and Illinois State, along with preferred walk-on offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota and Stanford."…

Is it just me, or is this a bit risky for a marginal FBS, probably FCS kid?

How many of those schools on his list have a scholarship open at this point? Obviously a PWO is a possibility, but are all of the FBS/FCS schools listed actually holding onto an open scholarship hoping he will sign with them?

If we was a 4-5 star kid with multiple BCS offers any school will take them because they typically oversign by 10%. I am just not sure that is reality in non-BCS FBS or in FCS. Perhaps I am missing something.

BisonNeil
02-11-2012, 05:37 PM

I also think it is interesting that the Rivals website does not list NDSU as having made an offer.

Hambone
02-11-2012, 06:56 PM

Read from someone's twitter that he didn't sign because he had one more visit for this past weekend (2/4), but Dartmouth was the leader in the clubhouse. Haven't heard anything since, so not sure if he signed anywhere.

Hambone
02-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Is it just me, or is this a bit risky for a marginal FBS, probably FCS kid?

How many of those schools on his list have a scholarship open at this point? Obviously a PWO is a possibility, but are all of the FBS/FCS schools listed actually holding onto an open scholarship hoping he will sign with them?

If we was a 4-5 star kid with multiple BCS offers any school will take them because they typically oversign by 10%. I am just not sure that is reality in non-BCS FBS or in FCS. Perhaps I am missing something.

I've heard UND has a few schollies left, and are looking at one more LB and one more OL with them. I'd assume a lot of schools might possibly still have some left, but maybe some would change from a full to a partial. But you do raise an interesting point - you have a lot of good opportunities, and you could end up losing some by waiting. Wonder how much that affects people.

Kermit
02-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Read from someone's twitter that he didn't sign because he had one more visit for this past weekend (2/4), but Dartmouth was the leader in the clubhouse. Haven't heard anything since, so not sure if he signed anywhere.

That makes a lot of sense. The Ivy League schools don't technically give athletic scholarships, so NSD may not be as relevant to them.

Twentysix
02-19-2012, 09:32 AM

• You have participated or are a member of an agency or organization promoting NDSU athletics programs(i.e. teammakers).
• You have made financial contributions to NDSU athletics department or to an athletic booster organization of NDSU.
• You have assisted or been requested (by the athletics department staff) to assist in the recruitment of prospects.
• You have assisted or are assisting in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families.
• You have been involved in promoting NDSU athletics program.
• You have assisted a student-athlete in finding a job, or employed a student-athlete for a summer job.
• You have ever donated money through being a season ticket-holder.

You can't really "pose" without actually becoming a booster.

A fan is not a booster. A booster is a booster.

Also, once a booster always a booster.

Even if you gave money only one time, you are now forever labeled as a booster according the NCAA.

jarhead
02-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Goff is going to Dartmouth.

westnodak93bison
03-25-2012, 07:40 PM
What happened to Antonio Ford? I'm 90% certain I saw him at our Spring Game last year.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/723232-the-legend-of-coon-rapids-mn-rb-antonio-maurice-ford

Rivals has no update on where or if he signed a LOI.

HerdBot
03-25-2012, 08:23 PM
What happened to Antonio Ford? I'm 90% certain I saw him at our Spring Game last year.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/723232-the-legend-of-coon-rapids-mn-rb-antonio-maurice-ford

That article seems to good to be true. They make it sound like hes better than Adrian Peterson. I would guess that if he sees himself starting for a D1 team in 2 years, he must have gone the Juco route?

Hambone
03-26-2012, 05:54 AM

I believe he is going to go to a prep school. If you go to the bottom of the 2013 Top Offensive players (linked) he is shown in the "Minnesota Preps at JC/Prep School" section. I believe Vic Ames noted on Gopherhole that he was going prep school.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=921&CID=1230541

SamsRams
04-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Been a lot of talk about bringing in a JUCO player or two on the defensive side.

Looking close to home down in Wahpeton http://jcgridiron.rivals.com/result.asp?Search=1&Year=2012&Sport=1&Region=8&State=ND&Juco=1&HighSchool=1&PrepSchool=1&Show=1

Player that popped out to me is Anthony Gandy (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Gandy-93356) the OLB who in the link provided was offered by CSU out of high school

HerdBot
04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Been a lot of talk about bringing in a JUCO player or two on the defensive side.

Looking close to home down in Wahpeton http://jcgridiron.rivals.com/result.asp?Search=1&Year=2012&Sport=1&Region=8&State=ND&Juco=1&HighSchool=1&PrepSchool=1&Show=1

Player that popped out to me is Anthony Gandy (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Gandy-93356) the OLB who in the link provided was offered by CSU out of high school

The Orlando Sentinal ranked him as the 24th best DE as of August 2009
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-08-23/sports/recruiting_1_sleeper-miami-northwestern-recruiting-buzz/2

Listed him at 6-3 and "growing into his potential. " Rivals now lists him at 6'0" so they probably exaggerated his height and expected him to be 6-5 in college. Instead he maxed in height at 6' and was too short to play end. Now hes a linebacker. Probably a great blitzer

NorthernBison
04-20-2012, 09:33 PM
The Detroit Lakes Tribune (available online) ran a two part story about the recruiting of Mollberg. Really a pretty good read about how he came to his decision. NDSU was portrayed in a very good way throughout the story and both Joe and his father had very nice things to say about NDSU and the way he was recruited.

Pretty good inside look at how one recruit views what Bohl and the staff does.

EndZoneQB
04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
The Detroit Lakes Tribune (available online) ran a two part story about the recruiting of Mollberg. Really a pretty good read about how he came to his decision. NDSU was portrayed in a very good way throughout the story and both Joe and his father had very nice things to say about NDSU and the way he was recruited.

Pretty cool story. You don't often see that written out like that...the journal from his dad is pretty cool, real life in the moment emotions. That's about how I assumed UND got him too. It was just a better situation for him.

BadlandsBison
04-20-2012, 11:14 PM

Lol

"The coaches were ecstatic and there were hugs and high fives all around the locker room."

Hugs and high fives? The ultimate moral victory has been won.

BisonNation11
04-20-2012, 11:50 PM

Thought that was a pretty cool article. I never had the chance to play or be recruited, so it's neat to read about the process. I wonder what he thinks now that the Whioux might not have a conference to play in any more.

SamsRams
04-21-2012, 12:56 AM

wow I wonder how he feels now knowing he was lied to.

Coach Mussman puts no pressure on Joe, but tells him, “If you commit to UND we are done looking for a QB.” He says. “If a big D1 school comes calling (like Iowa), I will not blame you one bit for jumping at the offer.”

then they go sign the juco kid who says something dumb on twitter, revoke that offer and then sign another high school qb out of Illinois

Mr. Burgundy
04-21-2012, 03:21 AM
wow I wonder how he feels now knowing he was lied to.

Coach Mussman puts no pressure on Joe, but tells him, “If you commit to UND we are done looking for a QB.” He says. “If a big D1 school comes calling (like Iowa), I will not blame you one bit for jumping at the offer.”

then they go sign the juco kid who says something dumb on twitter, revoke that offer and then sign another high school qb out of Illinois

They offer him over the phone. That is all class by Mussman. Must have been a high target. They come in late and say, we won't recruit anyone else (they sign 2 QB's after him), and basically say we have nobody so you can start. This was actually a good read. Fairly entertaining, I saw a kid that was scared of a depth chart. DL has a track record of having kids have good success, DL pushed him to UND and their lack of depth. Hopefully for his sake they stay in the Big Sky or he will really regret the decision.

In stark contrast you have NDSU being blunt with our QB's.....we are stacked. We have a ton of them. We try to sign one each year. Esley was on the fan stating the same. If you want to play D1, you are going to see a tough depth chart. I love kids that aren't scared of a depth chart.

How about these string of Quotes: Appears he knows what a National Champion Looks like. To me you could really see the difference in coaching staff.

Not only are the NDSU facilities A-1, Mollberg loves what he sees from an emerging team like the Bison.

*Joe traveled to the Bison spring game last week. He came home very impressed and feels real good about the direction the Bison are headed.

It feels as if they are on the verge of being consistent national championship contenders at the FCS level.*

“After watching those NDSU guys practice, you could just tell they were going to win a national championship,” Mollberg said. “NDSU did feel good for me and it was going to be one of the toughest choices I was going to have to make between them and UND.”

But NDSU and Coach Bohl are heavy on other QB recruits’ tails and the interest from the Bison subsides a little during the summer. Mollberg loves the thought of playing just down Highway 10 from his family, but also sees an influx of QB’s being signed in Fargo.

*They were real aggressive up until about a month ago. Joe was real excited about this possibility.

SlickVic
04-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Wasnt his girlfriend going to und, thats why he went there.
Id follow a honey too, my o my, lovin the baby blues!

Hola
04-21-2012, 05:31 AM
I agree to a point. It would be tough to be a recent QB recruit to NDSU and not wonder about the depth chart. Kind of nice how that has changed. That was not always the case as Bison Neil prophetically addressed in the past.

However, as far as Mollberg is concerned, and I this is just a SWAG, but there is something about being the guy that rights the ship, that turns things around per say. I will clarify and say "turn around" at an "FCS level".

Every program needs to convince that "guy" to be part of the solution. NDSU ended up doing it with Brock, maybe that other school did it with Mollberg. The talent recruited around Brock has turned out to be phenomenal, both defense and offense. I cannot attest to what that other school has, but I would venture to guess it is subpar to the Bison (only a game can actually prove this) :). I just know that being the "guy" that ignites or turns around something can sometimes be more appealing than being the guy that gets handed the keys.

Go Bison.

Mr. Burgundy
04-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I agree to a point. It would be tough to be a recent QB recruit to NDSU and not wonder about the depth chart. Kind of nice how that has changed. That was not always the case as Bison Neil prophetically addressed in the past.

However, as far as Mollberg is concerned, and I this is just a SWAG, but there is something about being the guy that rights the ship, that turns things around per say. I will clarify and say "turn around" at an "FCS level".

Every program needs to convince that "guy" to be part of the solution. NDSU ended up doing it with Brock, maybe that other school did it with Mollberg. The talent recruited around Brock has turned out to be phenomenal, both defense and offense. I cannot attest to what that other school has, but I would venture to guess it is subpar to the Bison (only a game can actually prove this) :). I just know that being the "guy" that ignites or turns around something can sometimes be more appealing than being the guy that gets handed the keys.

Go Bison.

Good post. When Tim Miles handed Ben "the keys" it wasn't done over the phone, and he wasn't the last team to offer a kid. I was shocked how the article kept talking about how UND was coming in late. I would have thought they would have been in so early on the kid considering the lack of depth at the position. It will be interesting to see if the Illinois QB is any good they signed after Mollberg (when they told him they were done).

BisonNeil
04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
They offer him over the phone. That is all class by Mussman. Must have been a high target. They come in late and say, we won't recruit anyone else (they sign 2 QB's after him), and basically say we have nobody so you can start. This was actually a good read. Fairly entertaining, I saw a kid that was scared of a depth chart. DL has a track record of having kids have good success, DL pushed him to UND and their lack of depth. Hopefully for his sake they stay in the Big Sky or he will really regret the decision.

In stark contrast you have NDSU being blunt with our QB's.....we are stacked. We have a ton of them. We try to sign one each year. Esley was on the fan stating the same. If you want to play D1, you are going to see a tough depth chart. I love kids that aren't scared of a depth chart.

How about these string of Quotes: Appears he knows what a National Champion Looks like. To me you could really see the difference in coaching staff.

Not only are the NDSU facilities A-1, Mollberg loves what he sees from an emerging team like the Bison.

*Joe traveled to the Bison spring game last week. He came home very impressed and feels real good about the direction the Bison are headed.

It feels as if they are on the verge of being consistent national championship contenders at the FCS level.*

“After watching those NDSU guys practice, you could just tell they were going to win a national championship,” Mollberg said. “NDSU did feel good for me and it was going to be one of the toughest choices I was going to have to make between them and UND.”

But NDSU and Coach Bohl are heavy on other QB recruits’ tails and the interest from the Bison subsides a little during the summer. Mollberg loves the thought of playing just down Highway 10 from his family, but also sees an influx of QB’s being signed in Fargo.

*They were real aggressive up until about a month ago. Joe was real excited about this possibility.

I just read this article today, reprinted in the Forum. Here is what caught my eye:

When Mollberg was a junior, and the day after the senior signing day (that would be in Feb 2011), Joe's coach calls him into his office where they have a conference call with the UND head coach. "The UND coach tells Joe they never do this, but offers him a free ride over the phone...".

Well, Mussman can say he "never does this", but he did EXACTLY the same thing the day after signing day in Feb 2010 with Connor McGovern, then a junior, who ended up in Missouri. Mussman, much to my surprise, is a liar.

Tatanka
05-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I just read this article today, reprinted in the Forum. Here is what caught my eye:

When Mollberg was a junior, and the day after the senior signing day (that would be in Feb 2011), Joe's coach calls him into his office where they have a conference call with the UND head coach. "The UND coach tells Joe they never do this, but offers him a free ride over the phone...".

Well, Mussman can say he "never does this", but he did EXACTLY the same thing the day after signing day in Feb 2010 with Connor McGovern, then a junior, who ended up in Missouri. Mussman, much to my surprise, is a liar.

Well, now, that all depends on what you believe Mussman means when he says "this" as in "they never do this". There are several interpretations that not only make sense, but are factual, such as "this = defeating an FBS school". There, now he's not a liar.

X-Factor
05-02-2012, 03:42 AM
I hope the trucks keep mussman for a very very long time!

SamsRams
05-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Write up on JC recruit Rodgers

http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2012/05/02/jc-lb-focused-on-and-off-the-field/

KSBisonFan
05-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Write up on JC recruit Rodgers

http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2012/05/02/jc-lb-focused-on-and-off-the-field/

Good find! Arkansas recruiting seems to be in a little disarray with the Petrino situation. I work with a guy whose nephew is one of the top HS recruits in Arkansas. Has an offer to Oklahoma State and had to contact Arkansas to see if they still want him after being recruited since he was a Jr......he's been disappointed with Arkansas dropping the ball.

344Johnson
07-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Sounds like NDSU offered a scholarship of some variety to the kid they are/were worried about on SS.com in the past week. Sounds like he has a preferred walk-on at UND. Idk anything about his position or anything. Too lazy to look it up. A bit curious why we would try to make a class bigger when 2013 will be such a small recruiting class.

tony
07-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Sounds like NDSU offered a scholarship of some variety to the kid they are/were worried about on SS.com in the past week. Sounds like he has a preferred walk-on at UND. Idk anything about his position or anything. Too lazy to look it up. A bit curious why we would try to make a class bigger when 2013 will be such a small recruiting class.

Do you ever get the feeling that Coach Bohl just likes messing with them? I do.

aces1180
07-20-2012, 08:12 PM

I see one of the idiots over there is calling NDSU desperate. :rofl:

344Johnson
07-20-2012, 08:34 PM

Up until a couple days ago I had never heard of him...I am not always up to snuff on these recruiting threads though. They also think it is a sign of change of power possibly between the two schools recruiting? I doubt this.

344Johnson
07-20-2012, 08:35 PM

same idiot who said outside of CB and Safety UND is better at every position.

aces1180
07-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Yeah, I've noticed he seems to know it all...

abc123
07-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Up until a couple days ago I had never heard of him...I am not always up to snuff on these recruiting threads though. They also think it is a sign of change of power possibly between the two schools recruiting? I doubt this.
1)Would Mussman offering a scholarship to an NDSU walk-on at this point in the summer not cause the same comments?
2)If a player took an NDSU walk-on over any type of scholarship from UND would that not also elicit comments?

I'm sure there are some details missing, but from what's been reported, the answer to the two questions above are pretty simple.

aces1180
07-20-2012, 08:43 PM
1)Would Mussman offering a scholarship to an NDSU walk-on at this point in the summer not cause the same comments?
2)If a player took an NDSU walk-on over any type of scholarship from UND would that not also elicit comments?

I'm sure there are some details missing, but from what's been reported, the answer to the two questions above are pretty simple.

How do we even know that these reports are true? Could be someone stirring the pot.

abc123
07-20-2012, 08:46 PM
How do we even know that these reports are true? Could be someone stirring the pot.
Very fair point and you very well could be correct. My reasoning for believing it is that @SiouxFootballInsider (http://twitter.com/siouxfootball) have typically in the past sat on information until they have been comfortable with their sources on it. Who knows. I believe that WisSports.net were going to have something on the situation this weekend. Have to wait and see what they say.

The_Sicatoka
07-20-2012, 08:48 PM
I thought it was a violation to recruit someone on the roster of another NCAA institution (http://www.fightingsioux.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6399&SPSID=58641). Damn you ... Bucky Badger. ;)

SamsRams
07-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I thought it was a violation to recruit someone on the roster of another NCAA institution (http://www.fightingsioux.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6399&SPSID=58641). Damn you ... Bucky Badger. ;)

can't be on the roster or team yet if they haven't started fall camp

344Johnson
07-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I've noticed he seems to know it all...

quite the talent scout. if he is to be believed, UND has a pretty good shot at a title, and having 5-10 All-Americans and probably 5-6 draft picks. (1st and 2nd day only, don't get him started on the 3rd day)

To some extent. I wouldn't mind hearing what the heck is going on, because I need something to keep my brain stimulated.

MN_BISON
07-20-2012, 10:02 PM

1) Yes, a huge belly laugh
2) It's happened more than once in the last handful of years, so I guess I'd say parr for the course.
Next question please.
:D:omfg::D:eek::D:cool::D

thebigund
07-20-2012, 10:23 PM
nice touch on the scholarship offer/fail to start off fall camp on the right foot

thebigund
07-20-2012, 10:26 PM
same idiot who gave some hints to the new unis months in advance, I think he's someone who has some inside info and also likes posting sarcastically for some fun

344Johnson
07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
same idiot who gave some hints to the new unis months in advance, I think he's someone who has some inside info and also likes posting sarcastically for some fun

Oh man...he knew that UND was going to be getting some new uniforms. Someone should have told him to warn Teh UND's that pea green isn't one of their colors and that before getting all blacks they should make teh green match. I don't think he posts sarcastically. I think he is a major fanboy and believes everything he says. Though you have just as much chance of being right as I do.

Hammersmith
07-20-2012, 10:44 PM

I guess I assumed you and he were one and the same. True/Not True?

aces1180
07-20-2012, 11:04 PM
To say that Mussman hasn't tried this same tactic with an NDSU walk-on would be asinine. It goes both ways.

tjbison
07-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Does all this really matter?? What goes on in the football offices at both schools is totally different than a bunch of fans, I know many want to think they are in the know but it's really held to a small bit of info that even our local media can scrape up....

Sorry just tired of all the UND NDSU stuff lately, we won it all, let's not drop down to their newbie level right now they have a mountain to climb to earn what we have and quite frankly we have a uphill climb to earn what several teams we beat last year already have

SamsRams
07-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Does all this really matter?? What goes on in the football offices at both schools is totally different than a bunch of fans, I know many want to think they are in the know but it's really held to a small bit of info that even our local media can scrape up....

Sorry just tired of all the UND NDSU stuff lately, we won it all, let's not drop down to their newbie level right now they have a mountain to climb to earn what we have and quite frankly we have a uphill climb to earn what several teams we beat last year already have

yeah I really dont get feeding into their insecurities.

thebigund
07-21-2012, 12:52 AM
I guess I assumed you and he were one and the same. True/Not True?
Not true. Maybe he's Mussman

thebigund
07-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Oh man...he knew that UND was going to be getting some new uniforms. Someone should have told him to warn Teh UND's that pea green isn't one of their colors and that before getting all blacks they should make teh green match. I don't think he posts sarcastically. I think he is a major fanboy and believes everything he says. Though you have just as much chance of being right as I do.
Color blind eh? Pea green and Kelly green are very different, about as different as gold and piss yellow are.

tjbison
07-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Color blind eh? Pea green and Kelly green are very different, about as different as gold and piss yellow are.

What about rainbow parade pink???

thebigund
07-21-2012, 12:59 AM
What about rainbow parade pink???
I don't see anything wrong with breast cancer support.

tjbison
07-21-2012, 01:00 AM
I don't see anything wrong with breast cancer support.

Except you guys hide the color so sorry try again

The_Sicatoka
07-21-2012, 10:16 AM
I'd rather be "in the pink" than called yellow. ;)

KilldeerBison
07-23-2012, 10:15 PM
I'd rather be "in the pink" than called yellow. ;)

I'd rather have a FCS FB NC, than be trolling boards of teams that do! :)

NDSU1980
07-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd rather have a FCS FB NC, than be trolling boards of teams that do! :)Well said, my friend.

thebigund
07-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Looks like a walk on offer to UND is more appealing lease days than a scholarship to teh NDSU. When you're good you're good.

MN_BISON
07-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Looks like a walk on offer to UND is more appealing lease days than a scholarship to teh NDSU. When you're good you're good.

Yep, you just go along believing that. I think what you were trying to say is when you're a douche, you're a douche. If the shoe fits....................

Bison Dan
07-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Looks like a walk on offer to UND is more appealing lease days than a scholarship to teh NDSU. When you're good you're good.Kid obviously has low standards. Best of luck with your walk on.

travisWSN
07-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Kid obviously has low standards. Best of luck with your walk on.
That would seem wildly inappropriate.

hattonbison
07-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Wish the kid well. Looking at rivals.com does not showing us with interest let alone offer to him. So really wonder what the deal is.

jarhead
07-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Sounds like the whioux staff practically assured the young man he would be on scholarship in the spring. I'm guesstimating 5 to 6 thousand kids a year sign to play football at
schools other than NDSU (300 FBS/FCS schools X 20 schollies/walk-ons per year). Hating every kid that doesn't love NDSU/Fargo is pathological and, for the purposes of this
board, counter-productive. Consider this thread derailed and infected.

abc123
07-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Wish the kid well. Looking at rivals.com does not showing us with interest let alone offer to him. So really wonder what the deal is.

Very late interest and offers from both NDSU and NIU. Preferred walk-on offer from Wisconsin. Kid honored previous commitment to UND and will most likely have a scholarship by the spring.

Bison"FANatic"
07-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Worst case Scenario NDSU and NIU just cost UND one semester of money and probably more than they would have given the kid anyway just by throwing out a very very very late offer. Nothing wrong with Bohl spending some of Mussmans money.

56BISON73
07-29-2012, 11:56 PM

OR he didnt like the competition that he saw. When youre scared of the competition your just plain scared and go where there is less of it..

But seriously--the kid probably just figured he wasnt a good fit at NDSU which happens. He also probably clicked with the coaching staff from up north. Its all where you feel comfortable.

HooliganBison
07-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Kid obviously has low standards. Best of luck with your walk on.

Stay classy.

westnodak93bison
07-30-2012, 12:56 AM
I agree. Why even mention the school up north?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

344Johnson
07-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Very late interest and offers from both NDSU and NIU. Preferred walk-on offer from Wisconsin. Kid honored previous commitment to UND and will most likely have a scholarship by the spring.

Kid no longer will be going to UND. Taking the Sconi route.

HerdBot
07-30-2012, 02:02 AM

You sound really desperate for moral victories. Maybe if you can play a few upper big sky teams close at home you wont look for lame stuff. Besides Arp turned down a scholarship at UND to walk on at NDSU

344Johnson
07-30-2012, 02:20 AM
You sound really desperate for moral victories. Maybe if you can play a few upper big sky teams close at home you wont look for lame stuff. Besides Arp turned down a scholarship at UND to walk on at NDSU

Don't worry though, that doesn't matter. This was going to be proof that times are changing!

jarhead
07-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Per Travis at Wissports, Joe Schobert will be a Badger.

http://www.wissports.net/article.asp?pageID=1&newsID=23510&sportID=3

Bison Dan
07-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Per Travis at Wissports, Joe Schobert will be a Badger.

http://www.wissports.net/article.asp?pageID=1&newsID=23510&sportID=3
Too funny! I guess I was wrong the kid does have standards.

aces1180
07-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Too funny! I guess I was wrong the kid does have standards.

Boo-yeah! Suck it, UND! LOL.

Bison-Knuckle
08-02-2012, 02:20 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/369433/ Good article by Kolpack on the Arizona recruits.....they say they're mentally ready for the winter. Ha Ha, they have no idea until they feel that north wind blowing down Albrecht on their way to class on a February morning! :)

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 04:40 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/369433/ Good article by Kolpack on the Arizona recruits.....they say they're mentally ready for the winter. Ha Ha, they have no idea until they feel that north wind blowing down Albrecht on their way to class on a February morning! :)

As mild as the last winter was they may do alright. Besides plenty of Texas player's adapted just fine

Bison-Knuckle
08-02-2012, 05:00 PM
As mild as the last winter was they may do alright. Besides plenty of Texas player's adapted just fineLast winter was crazy mild, and I agree 100% that they will adapt...I just wish I could see their face the first -30 wind chill day :)