PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Recruiting

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

DIBISON
01-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Per Twitter:

#NDSU Recruiting source tells me they're OUT on #Wayzata Offensive Tackle Ben Lauer, he's heading to #Minnesota -- DomIzzoWDAY (@DomIzzoWDAY)
Do we have any interest in the o-line prospect from Minot? Heard that he is not going to Hawaii because of the coaching change. Still has interest in Northern Illinois, Washington, local.

baseballfan7
01-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Do we have any interest in the o-line prospect from Minot? Heard that he is not going to Hawaii because of the coaching change. Still has interest in Northern Illinois, Washington, local.

I think he visited Northern Illinois this weekend.

BisonNolesFan77
01-21-2012, 08:47 PM
The issue that has been mentioned by Bohl, written about by Kolpack, and discussed here, is whether or not the Bison are behind in their recruiting and whether or not a NC helps or hurts recruiting.

This issue is also being discussed for the Bearkats of SHSU, only the discussion is taking place in an article by Craig Haley on SportsNetwork.

It is interesting that he chose to cover only SHSU and the impact of the late recruiting start has on them. Not a word about NDSU. It's probably just me, but I still sense a bias against NDSU by anyone covering FCS football. I also sense that everyone EXPECTS SHSU back in the NC game because they have nearly everyone back. Oh well...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/index.htm

This years National Championship is going to be felt more on the 2013 class than it will this season...the positives of it that is.

BisonNeil
01-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Per Twitter:

#NDSU Recruiting source tells me they're OUT on #Wayzata Offensive Tackle Ben Lauer, he's heading to #Minnesota -- DomIzzoWDAY (@DomIzzoWDAY)

Izzo probably used the Gopherhole as his source.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?35658-ben-lauer-latest-to-commit

SDbison
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Izzo probably used the Gopherhole as his source.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?35658-ben-lauer-latest-to-commit
Izzo was a tool during the UND game and I wouldn't put it past him........
If Lauer wants to be part of a loser Gopher football program hope he enjoys that experience.

westnodak93bison
01-22-2012, 04:06 AM
If Lauer wants to be part of a loser Gopher football program hope he enjoys that experience.

IMHO, you are wrong. I've spoken to Dom on several occasions and he has said nothing but positive things about NDSU and Fargo. I asked him if he missed up state NY and he said no Fargo is home.

ISXBISON
01-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Looks like Izzo was correct about Lauer

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=1150825&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fminnesota.scout.com%2f2% 2f1150825.html

unbison
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
anyone know anything about this kid? Leonard Garron
was here on a recruiting trip?

http://yourseason.suntimes.com/home/10138176-393/boys-basketball-john-solari-lifts-maine-south-past-evanston.html

Bison Dan
01-22-2012, 01:35 PM

http://yourseason.suntimes.com/home/10138176-393/boys-basketball-john-solari-lifts-maine-south-past-evanston.html

Has an offer from Northern ILL.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Leonard Garron. BIG KID. Accoring to Rivals, has an offer from Northern Illinois. Typically a good program, I like it when schools like that have offered.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leonard-Garron-129405

"I've been getting regular calls and interest from Northern Illinois, Illinois State, Wyoming, South Dakota State and North Dakota State. I'm still in touch weekly with the coaches at NIU and I still have an offer from them. The other schools seem pretty interested and they are all talking about offering me an official visit soon."

Garron is planning on setting up some official visit soon.

"I'm looking at taking official visits to Wyoming and Illinois State. I'm also going to take an official visit to NIU and I'm just waiting for the coaches to call and set up the dates for those visits. I really need to get out and see a few of these schools in person since outside of NIU I really haven't been to any of the schools in person yet.."

BisonNeil
01-22-2012, 03:11 PM

I am glad you interpreted for me. This has to be one of the worst paragraphs ever written. You have to guess which of three players listed visited NDSU, especially since Solari is also 6'4" and plays WR. Wow...

Lahey followed Solari with 15 points. Irving scored a team-best 15 for Evanston, which played with starter Leonard Garron. The 6-4 post was on a football recruiting visit to North Dakota State.

baseballfan7
01-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Austin Farnlof has committed to NDSU.

http://hsarizona.scout.com/2/1150999.html

Gully
01-22-2012, 03:50 PM

nice!!!!!!!

Jay
01-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Izzo is a great guy... talked to him in Frisco for about 15 minutes. Loves Fargo and loves covering NDSU.

Can't fault a kid for wanting to play Big 10 football. Good luck to Ben.

jarhead
01-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Welcome Austin and Dee (and families), glad to have you aboard.

SDbison
01-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Izzo is a great guy... talked to him in Frisco for about 15 minutes. Loves Fargo and loves covering NDSU.

Can't fault a kid for wanting to play Big 10 football. Good luck to Ben.
You just go ahead and feel that way.......

herdmember
01-22-2012, 04:17 PM
You just go ahead and feel that way.......

I think everyone except you does.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 04:29 PM
I said this before, but when we got a verbal from Bo Leikhus out of Omaha, I was doing some googling and found him in a conversation with Austin Farnlof....he had said something like...."Cool if we ended up playing together." So, I google Austin....and see that he was a Rivals 3 star with multiple offers, and that he was HOPING to get an offer from NDSU. Based on their conversation, you could tell he wanted to be a Bison. Rivals does updates, and alot of it depends on who is offering, etc.....he was downgraded to a Rivals 2 star and has offers from UND, SDSU, Air Force, Northern Arizona, SEMO and NDSU.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 04:32 PM
On his third official visit, Anthem (Az.) Boulder Creek OL/DL Austin Farnlof had seen enough and gave his verbal commitment today.

Farnlof visited South Dakota State, NAU and was visiting North Dakota State this weekend and pulled the trigger.

He says, "I just committed. I'm going to be a Bison!"

Farnlof (6-2 265) also had offers from Air Force, North Dakota and SEMO.

"I just felt comfortable up here. I loved

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Nice looking chunk of beef!
wait for it................................

jarhead
01-22-2012, 05:59 PM
He will fit in very nicely. Any idea who else was visiting this weekend?

Jay
01-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Josh Orsino will be visiting Kentucky next weekend. He visited us back in December.

http://www.bleedbluekentucky.com/2012/florida-wr-josh-orsino-visiting-uk-next-weekend/

westnodak93bison
01-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Josh Orsino will be visiting Kentucky next weekend. He visited us back in December.

http://www.bleedbluekentucky.com/2012/florida-wr-josh-orsino-visiting-uk-next-weekend/

SEC may be a great conference but Kentucky finished the year with a #85 Sagarin rating vs. #37 for NDSU. I wonder if recruits even care about rankings?

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 07:57 PM
I would guess orsino offer got pulled when gray committed. I cant imagine 4 wr's in this class

Gully
01-22-2012, 08:18 PM
So eleven verbals so far. I think someone speculated there are only 14-15 schollies available, does that sound right? What do people see as big needs in the pipeline? I don't see a lot of immediate needs for next year between who we have back and who is already committed but I haven't attempted to look at the enxt to year's losses and compare that to our redshirts and freshmen.

SDbison
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Austin Farnlof is ranked as #15 center nationally according to ESPNU:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/center/class/2012/view/position
Awesome verbal for the Bison!

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 08:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/center/class/2012/view/position

Good find SD! I do think that Farnlof is going to play DT for us though. I found that someplace, but can't find it now.

Gully.....we have 11 verbals, but I am estimating we have used probably about 8 scholarships to get those 11 kids. Just a guess, but some of the kids are partials. Some clearly are full rides. It will be interesting to see if we land a couple more kids that visited with us last weekend.

I would really like to add one DE to this class. Pierce (deciding between Wyoming, NDSU and Minn) would be perfect. Also like the looks of a couple of the linebackers that were on campus this weekend. They are all probably flying home now, hopefully we will get some news soon. Farnlof clearly loved it.

Gully
01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Good point Burgandy. I wouldn't be surprised to see a little more news on Monday then.

BadlandsBison
01-22-2012, 08:33 PM

No neck shortages here

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Good find SD! I do think that Farnlof is going to play DT for us though. I found that someplace, but can't find it now.

Gully.....we have 11 verbals, but I am estimating we have used probably about 8 scholarships to get those 11 kids. Just a guess, but some of the kids are partials. Some clearly are full rides. It will be interesting to see if we land a couple more kids that visited with us last weekend.

I would really like to add one DE to this class. Pierce (deciding between Wyoming, NDSU and Minn) would be perfect. Also like the looks of a couple of the linebackers that were on campus this weekend. They are all probably flying home now, hopefully we will get some news soon. Farnlof clearly loved it.

Yes farnlof was recruited for defense. Lookin at the commits i dont see anyone besides maybe smith that would be a partial scholarship.

Yes they gotta get a couple linebackers. If they could get 2 out of 4 when ur lookin at amaechi, davis, timpf and shaw that would be amazing. Then get pierce or Calvin Thomas and then get a rb and this class is solid. Wouldnt hurt to get a kicker also

Kermit
01-22-2012, 08:42 PM
I would like to see a RB, a DE, and another o-lineman.

SDbison
01-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I would like to see a RB, a DE, and another o-lineman.
Any chance Fuchs was excited about this kid since Ben Lauer had decided on Minnesota.......
Nick Carr, 6-8, 275, OL, Totino-Grace, MN
I think its important to get another OL in this class. Also agree on another DE. Not as concerned about RB.

jarhead
01-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Would love to get Paul Kaczor as a partial/walk-on, he seems to have good feet and is strong academically. Might make a good center or DT. Also would love to see Con-
rad Schwartzkopf walk-on. I'm hoping Leighton Talmadge will turn out to be a stud DE in a couple of years. No, I'm not from Bismarck.

jarhead
01-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Rivals shows something is happening with QB Ryker Fyfe. He visited Nebraska this weekend so I'm guessing he's walking on there.

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Any chance Fuchs was excited about this kid since Ben Lauer had decided on Minnesota.......
Nick Carr, 6-8, 275, OL, Totino-Grace, MN
I think its important to get another OL in this class. Also agree on another DE. Not as concerned about RB.

Could have been anyone maybe even Hughes

SDbison
01-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Any chance the Bison get a verbal from this LB........wow!

Jacob Davis, 6-3, 230, LB, Wichita, KS (Northwest) varsitykansas.com (http://www.varsitykansas.com/2011/08/28/24954/northwest-high-defensive-duo-take.html)

........Which brings up Davis, who is a different take all on his own. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound middle linebacker already has an offer from North Dakota State, while Iowa State and Bowling Green are circling. His 109 tackles led the Grizzlies last season, but according to Schartz, that wasn't quite good enough.
"You look at him, and he's got the body of a Greek god . He can run a 4.7-second 40-yard dash, bench press almost 400 pounds and can make plays all over the field," Schartz said. "But I still feel like there's another level I want him to tap into. I know now that summers are like tryout sessions for these kids, where they can go out and try to get offers from colleges, but I feel like that's a distraction. I get it, but I want our kids here doing bench presses, not somewhere out-of-state doing vertical jumps.

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Davis would be a fabulous get. Lots of articles out there stating him and Bennett Moore are bff's. Moore has interest from ndsu and maybe if they offered moore they could get a package deal like they did with stanford and jones

coloradobison
01-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes farnlof was recruited for defense. Lookin at the commits i dont see anyone besides maybe smith that would be a partial scholarship.

Yes they gotta get a couple linebackers. If they could get 2 out of 4 when ur lookin at amaechi, davis, timpf and shaw that would be amazing. Then get pierce or Calvin Thomas and then get a rb and this class is solid. Wouldnt hurt to get a kicker also

Why do people keep bringing up kickers and punters? We will have a SO. kicker next year in Keller and a RFr. Punter in LeCompte. Is there some insight from practice or something that says these guys shouldnt be starting next year at their positions?

HandoEX
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
He will fit in very nicely. Any idea who else was visiting this weekend? I saw a number at the game last night but the Crete QB was the only one I recognized. He got a lot of love from the current Bison stars that were there.

Bison Dan
01-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Why do people keep bringing up kickers and punters? We will have a SO. kicker next year in Keller and a RFr. Punter in LeCompte. Is there some insight from practice or something that says these guys shouldnt be starting next year at their positions?
I agree would love to see more good LB and OL - I think we're stacked at the other positions. Quality not quantity.

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
no insight. Do u have any on why its a good idea not to have a backup?

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Ill bet amaechi and pierce are the next 2 commits

coloradobison
01-22-2012, 09:46 PM
How many times over the last 20 years has there been numerous kickers/punters on the team? Back about 10 years ago, Aaron Peterson was the K and P for numerous years. Unless its a walk-on thing, it seems like a waste of scholarship money. Plus it seems as though LeCompte was a punter and kicker in HS, so if there was an injury he could fill in.

coloradobison
01-22-2012, 09:48 PM

I'd be pretty happy with that.

coloradobison
01-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Hopefully Brathwaite's other visits went terrible and we can land him too.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 09:56 PM

How good would that be? AMAZING.

This is NOT smack, and I respect this thread, so please don't turn it into smack.....but the other Dakota schools are NOT fairing very good in recent weeks. Losing alot of battles and the walk on programs at U of M and Nebraska are hurting them alot (and us on Lauer....even though he got a full ride). Our recent pickups are on kids with multiple offers, with alot of exposure, with a BATCH of awards. It is impressive that we are in these livingrooms. I am excited about this class. It started with lesser known kids that we identified in person at our camps (we have a history of success on these kids after seeing them on our campus). Other schools appear to be really struggling in winning battles, reaching on kids with no other D1 options, and have had some bad luck against the regional walk on programs. We are very fortunate to have our staff, school, city, Team Makers and facilities/tradition. Our class is well balanced, if we can close strong this really will continue the success of the program. I have never been one to rely simply on how many stars a kid has, or if they have a rivals site, but I do recognize that if multiple schools are fighting for a kids services this late in the recruiting/decision process, he is probably a recruit worth hoping for. Our staff is really reaching and pulling some great recruits in.....and against some very good competition.

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Ok i see wut ur saying. Yes i agree walk on or partial for kicker. I was not talking full ride. But i wouldnt be upset if they offered farlee full ride. Kid is a boomer.

westnodak93bison
01-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok i see wut ur saying. Yes i agree walk on or partial for kicker. I was not talking full ride. But i wouldnt be upset if they offered farlee full ride. Kid is a boomer.

I agree. With the way we roll(strong defense/ball control offense) kicking can be very important. I say do not skimp on a kicker.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 10:07 PM
I just reviewed the confirmed Husker Walk on list....appears that UND and SDSU both had offered 4 kids that accepted walk ons instead of their offers. Those kids just now accepted, and that happened pretty late in recruiting, which wouldn't be ideal, appears to me they have moved on to backup options. I think we all know that Nebraska turns out alot of FCS level talent, we have done well down there, and picked up a Quarterback from there this year. I am shocked that SDSU doesn't just hammer Nebraska. I think alot of it has to do with relationships, the rivals coordinator for Nebraska earlier stated that AJ Cooper was the best Non Nebraska coach at evaluating Nebraska talent. I posted that quote on here a month or so ago.

coloradobison
01-22-2012, 10:10 PM

The full ride/partial/walk on thing is a bit tough to tell for the most part. I watched Farlee's highlight video, pretty impressive. I watched Keller's video too, and they are pretty comparable, only real difference I saw was that Farlee had more height.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 10:30 PM
I think Chuks is a Bison.
Per his twitter.

Jay
01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Per his twitter.

Haha... I'd say. "I'm officially a Bison."

https://twitter.com/#!/_Chuksss/status/161228861575659520

westnodak93bison
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Per his twitter.

Sweet! Gotta love a guy with a football name like "Chuks".

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 10:39 PM
This is an old article from last June on rivals. Talk about a bright future, kid is growing like crazy, after this article he was first team all state!!!

http://arizona.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1234955

Watching Chuks Amaechi, Avondale (Ariz.) Westview's 6-foot-2, 210-pound linebacker play football is like watching a kid grow into a man right before your eyes.

Amaechi is one of the top prospects in Arizona currently without a scholarship offer.
Amaechi entered high school at 5-foot-7, 170 pounds and in two plus years he has grown seven inches and added forty pounds. Watch him on film and you will see an athlete who lines up and defensive end and linebacker and has the speed (4.56 combine timed 40-yard dash) to even play safety in college.

CAS4127
01-22-2012, 10:41 PM
And some were wondering if the NC would hurt our recruiting. I think we are seeing that it in fact was a big deal closer.

Grizzled
01-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Who else was recruiting Chuks? I looked at both pages and I thought all I saw was us and Western New Mexico? I haven't watched any tape on him but if Burgandy says he's a good one, there is some merit behind it.

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Who else was recruiting Chuks? I looked at both pages and I thought all I saw was us and Western New Mexico? I haven't watched any tape on him but if Burgandy says he's a good one, there is some merit behind it.

He was holding out for offer from san diego st. that didnt happen obviously

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 11:00 PM

I love that he was recently 5'7 and is now 6'2. Late bloomer and very athletic. Sounds to me like Carlton Littlejohn type. Awesome speed on the outside. All State in Arizona shows he not only had upside, but produced. 15 sacks as a junior.

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Marcus Brantley I believe I saw was Chuks roommate....in some digging, he has an offer from Montana and Northern Colorado and an official visit to Boise State next weekend. I would guess we offered him this weekend. Late visit, big FCS offer and a Boise State visit looming, I am guessing he had an offer waiting in Fargo. no confirmation on that. Appears to be listed as an "Athlete" and a corner on another site. Interesting name to follow. Sorry if this was posted before.

Grizzled
01-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys. Guys like this thrive in our defensive scheme where a guys main responsibility is to get up field and pressure the qb. I just hadn't heard much about him and couldn't find much either.

Go_Herd
01-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Started late in following the Recruiting for 2012. I've seen the last couple 'big' ones that we have gotten. Does anyone have an updated list on who we have gotten so far? And who is out there left to get/waiting for?

SamsRams
01-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Started late in following the Recruiting for 2012. I've seen the last couple 'big' ones that we have gotten. Does anyone have an updated list on who we have gotten so far? And who is out there left to get/waiting for?

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24154-2012-Recruiting-Summary

Go_Herd
01-22-2012, 11:37 PM

Ha. What a fail. Look under recruiting thread dumbass. :)

Mr. Burgundy
01-23-2012, 01:07 AM
This confirms a recruit to SDSU. I really wanted this kid. He looked at walking on at Nebraska. Also a great tid bit about NDSU's recruiting of Nebraska kids by Sean Callahan from Nebraska Rivals. He has made alot of positive comments about our staff recruiting Nebraska recently. Congrats to SDSU, this kid is good. Said he wanted to play close to home, tough kid. I like the comment that we are selective. Impressive.

***I confirmed that Howells (Neb.) offensive lineman Jordan Brichacek plans to stay committed to South Dakota State and not walk-on at Nebraska.

If NU would've gotten Brichacek, this would've been the cherry on top of this walk-on class. Every single FCS program in the region heavily recruited Brichacek, including Craig Bohl at North Dakota State. Of the Dakota schools, NDSU is by far the most selective of the bunch as they only offer a handful of in-state kids each year.

jarhead
01-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Nice find Burgundy. His teammate Brian Bayer, who was also mentioned on our interest list, decommitted from the Jacks a couple of weeks ago, decided to play basketball instead.

Here is the Scouts Latest 50 commits link showing the Chuks Amaechi, Austin Farnlof commitments. The Dee Gray commit is on our Rivals page.
http://recruiting.scout.com/latestcommits/

HooliganBison
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Austin Farnlof Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97WM4T9Ko8
Chuks Amaechi Highlights (Quality is not the best, looks like he plays Right DE most of the time.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc_8N4jUjUs

Professor Chaos
01-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Austin Farnlof Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97WM4T9Ko8

The play that starts at the 0:49 mark is impressive. Farnlof shows some good speed for an O-lineman and flattens a defender, albeit an undersized high school DB, about 30 yards downfield springing his RB for a touchdown.

jarhead
01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Kearney, Neb. kicker Spencer Lindsay (interest) will walk-on at Nebraska.

KTF
01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
So it sounds like the RB Brathwaite(SP?) is considering many options from his multiple offers. Are the coaches pursuing any other RB recruits or are they in the mode of elite guy only or just wait a year?

99Bison
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
So it sounds like the RB Brathwaite(SP?) is considering many options from his multiple offers. Are the coaches pursuing any other RB recruits or are they in the mode of elite guy only or just wait a year?

If Crockett is indeed eligible for next year, it seems you may be correct on this one??

KTF
01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
The only risk of not taking a guy this class is that if any one leaves due to academics or injuries during the season we could be down. However Lang is a valuable backup/potnetial starter if needed if they were in a pinch. I hope that Crockett is eligible and pushing to get back on the field.

jarhead
01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
The sun is shining on Brookings today. Mike Shoff, a 6' 6" 280# OT from Nebraska verballed to the Bunnies. Had offers from Iowa and Kansas according to the recruiting services. He is
also a wrestler with a 134-1 record in his career. Other measurables from track: 100 Meters: 12.1
200 Meters: 25.7
Shot Put: 58' 11
Discus: 153' 10

tony
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
The sun is shining on Brookings today. Mike Shoff, a 6' 6" 280# OT from Nebraska verballed to the Bunnies. Had offers from Iowa and Kansas according to the recruiting services. He is
also a wrestler with a 134-1 record in his career. Other measurables from track: 100 Meters: 12.1

Wow, he certainly has all the physical tools you'd want.

CAS4127
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Something is wrong with this picture. How would U of Nebraska not be on this guy, and why would he pick SDSU over Iowa and KS??? My radar is on high alert with this one.

SDbison
01-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Is this the Bunny Recruiting thread? Just kidding........
Yeah, Mike Shoff has impressive numbers, but it appears NDSU did not show interest or have an offer out to the kid. The numbers seem to indicate he is capable of being recruited by FBS teams. So why SDSU? Was Shoff injured recently, have off the field issues or just a close connection with SDSU?

tony
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Is this the Bunny Recruiting thread? Just kidding........
Yeah, Mike Shoff has impressive numbers, but it appears NDSU did not show interest or have an offer out to the kid. The numbers seem to indicate he is capable of being recruited by FBS teams. So why SDSU? Was Shoff injured recently, have off the field issues or just a close connection with SDSU?

He had an ACL injury but came back and won another state wrestling championship, but according to the husker board that 2010 injury still scared some schools away. Kansas was really interested and then they fired their coach. He could be a great player for SDSU if he stays healthy.

Great kid and great family. <== source, husker fans.

Professor Chaos
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM

Something is wrong with this picture. How would U of Nebraska not be on this guy, and why would he pick SDSU over Iowa and KS??? My radar is on high alert with this one.
Yeah, something here stinks. Jacks board says that TerryV tweeted this yesterday but I don't see it: http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

Possibly a San Diego State University commit? His rivals page doesn't even list SDSU on his interest list: http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Shoff-107568

However, updates on Rivals are slow to begin with. Great get for SDSU if it's true but I'm pretty skeptical.

jarhead
01-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Didn't mean to stir the pot, just thought the Shoff thing was interesting since we hadn't shown any interest and he ended up in Brookings. 24/7 shows Kansas but not Iowa
having offered but Rivals shows both. Kansas may have pulled their offer/scared him off when Charlie Weis became coach. Had a knee injury junior year, but played this
year.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Shoff-107568

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/42029-ol-mike-shoff

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?10728-2012-Recruiting-List/page34

Bison"FANatic"
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
I am guessing the Iowa interest was possibly also for wrestling or a connection there since he was a great wrestler.

Very good get for SDSU if they can keep him healthy.

Mr. Burgundy
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=jarhead;596875]Didn't mean to stir the pot, just thought the Shoff thing was interesting since we hadn't shown any interest and he ended up in Brookings. 24/7 shows Kansas but not Iowa
having offered but Rivals shows both. Kansas may have pulled their offer/scared him off when Charlie Weis became coach. Had a knee injury junior year, but played this
year.

He took the best offer that he still had remaining. Nebraska wanted no part of an in state 3 star. Says something. Big kid with a wrestling background, love that personally in the trenches. Probably a good get for SDSU.

jarhead
01-23-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm Shoffing off.

IndyBison
01-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Just read on a local blog that a local player has committed to UNI. His name is Logan Cunningham and he played at a 3A school (Hamilton Heights) just outside of Indianapolis. He's a great athlete and fast but he was a head case from what I saw and heard. I saw one of his games on TV and he should have been ejected for 3 or 4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties but was only flagged for 1. I know a guy on the crew and one of them he missed because he gave up on the play too quickly (after a long run that had a holding penalty back at the LOS he flipped the ball at the guy who tackled him). The one where he got flagged was after a hard tackle that ended at the track (tackler was flagged for a PF). He got up and decided he needed to get his chest into the tackler. Meanwhile a teammate was back on the field taunting an opponent. Flag #3. The referee was explaining the situation to this player's coach when an assistant coach offered a suggestion that drew another flag. They went half the distance to the goal on the personal foul but then 45 yards back on unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. This happened with 6 minutes left in the game. There were 4 more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties the rest of the game. UNI is getting a heck of a player but he has a lot of growing up to do.

Per the local blog he had 7 total offers including FBS and FCS. It also stated, "According to Logan UNI offered the best combination of facilities, winning tradition and education.... he will play outside and inside WR , PR and KR." I'll be curious to see how he does in the MVFC.

Mr. Burgundy
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Just read on a local blog that a local player has committed to UNI. His name is Logan Cunningham and he played at a 3A school (Hamilton Heights) just outside of Indianapolis. He's a great athlete and fast but he was a head case from what I saw and heard. I saw one of his games on TV and he should have been ejected for 3 or 4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties but was only flagged for 1. I know a guy on the crew and one of them he missed because he gave up on the play too quickly (after a long run that had a holding penalty back at the LOS he flipped the ball at the guy who tackled him). The one where he got flagged was after a hard tackle that ended at the track (tackler was flagged for a PF). He got up and decided he needed to get his chest into the tackler. Meanwhile a teammate was back on the field taunting an opponent. Flag #3. The referee was explaining the situation to this player's coach when an assistant coach offered a suggestion that drew another flag. They went half the distance to the goal on the personal foul but then 45 yards back on unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. This happened with 6 minutes left in the game. There were 4 more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties the rest of the game. UNI is getting a heck of a player but he has a lot of growing up to do.

Per the local blog he had 7 total offers including FBS and FCS. It also stated, "According to Logan UNI offered the best combination of facilities, winning tradition and education.... he will play outside and inside WR , PR and KR." I'll be curious to see how he does in the MVFC.

Appears to me the staff at UNI did a terrific job at identifying a kid that would fit in well with their program.

CAS4127
01-23-2012, 08:29 PM

Sounds like he will fit in perfectly at UNI and with Coach Farley!!!

BisonNeil
01-23-2012, 08:39 PM
:D

Good one gentlemen!

coloradobison
01-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Great minds think alike? :)

SDSUAlum08
01-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Appears to me the staff at UNI did a terrific job at identifying a kid that would fit in well with their program.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

HooliganBison
01-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Since Austin Farnlof is coming in as a DT here is his DL highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0-focTUPk

HerdBot
01-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Since Austin Farnlof is coming in as a DT here is his DL highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am0-focTUPk

Reminds me of Gratzek except they have him at end. I'm pretty sure he will play the DT spot

EndZoneQB
01-24-2012, 02:21 AM
Reminds me of Gratzek except they have him at end. I'm pretty sure he will play the DT spot

He confirmed it on the BMB. Man, his backside pursuit looks pretty legit for a HS kid. As soon as he realizes it, he sucks skinny to the LOS and finds the shortest path the ball. Impressive.

Grizzled
01-24-2012, 02:27 AM
I see Farnloff in the same mold as Gimmestad. Get him here as a D-linemen, switch him back over to the offensive line after a year. His O-line tape is much more impressive than the D-line tape in my opinion.

HerdBot
01-24-2012, 02:50 AM
I see Farnloff in the same mold as Gimmestad. Get him here as a D-linemen, switch him back over to the offensive line after a year. His O-line tape is much more impressive than the D-line tape in my opinion.

It's rare for a guy to make a change like that but Gimmestad suprised the heck out of me. I don't know if Farnloff has the frame to get to 300. When I see Farnloff on tape I see a guy who fits the DT spot perfectly. He's a few inches too short to play end and doesn't have the bulk to play nose tackle. But he's quick in space, sheds blockers like rag dolls, and has a non stop (cliche) motor. Perfect short path to the QB or RB at DT. No question about it. I'm not an expert though.

perthbison
01-24-2012, 02:50 AM
. He's a great athlete and fast but he was a head case from what I saw and heard. I saw one of his games on TV and he should have been ejected for 3 or 4 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties uni is getting a heck of a player but he has a lot of growing up to do.

.Sounds like he and Farley will get along with each other anyway.

Grizzled
01-24-2012, 02:56 AM
It's rare for a guy to make a change like that but Gimmestad suprised the heck out of me. I don't know if Farnloff has the frame to get to 300. When I see Farnloff on tape I see a guy who fits the DT spot perfectly. He's a few inches too short to play end and doesn't have the bulk to play nose tackle. But he's quick in space, sheds blockers like rag dolls, and has a non stop (cliche) motor. Perfect short path to the QB or RB at DT. No question about it. I'm not an expert though.

I don't disagree, he'll just have to learn to be more of the hammer and not as much of the nail at the point of contact. He won't have the same time to read a play and run to it in college. A d-linemen making tackles 5 yards downfield doesn't do much good. Now, he might not be able to get over 300 but if he can get to 290 and play center or guard look out. With that speed you mentioned can you imagine this guy pulling and getting to the next level? He moves well right now at 270, if he can keep half that speed with 20 more pounds, that is one hell of a o-linemen.

EndZoneQB
01-24-2012, 03:00 AM
I don't disagree, he'll just have to learn to be more of the hammer and not as much of the nail at the point of contact. He won't have the same time to read a play and run to it in college. A d-linemen making tackles 5 yards downfield doesn't do much good. Now, he might not be able to get over 300 but if he can get to 290 and play center or guard look out. With that speed you mentioned can you imagine this guy pulling and getting to the next level? He moves well right now at 270, if he can keep half that speed with 20 more pounds, that is one hell of a o-linemen.

It's HS, I wouldn't put much stock in it. How good was his team around him? He looked like a kid that was good at keep distance on his blocker and get off the block when it counted.

ndsufreshman
01-24-2012, 03:27 AM
can someone update us on fbs offers to our recruits ?

Farnlof - Air Force
Gray - Akron was close?
Ameachi - San diego st was close?

westnodak93bison
01-24-2012, 03:40 AM

If the staff recruited him as a DT then I trust their judgement. If they are wrong they will move him to OL like they did with Gimmestad. They obviously know what they are doing.

SamsRams
01-24-2012, 03:47 AM

Farnlof - Air Force
Gray - Akron was close?
farnlof air force.....end of reply

ndsufreshman
01-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Ok sorry samram, is this a sore subject?

Last year was juckem the only one?

SamsRams
01-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Ok sorry samram, is this a sore subject?

Last year was juckem the only one?

no not at all, just answering the question.

Juckem wasnt last year. Jones had offer to Colorado and was reported Wentz had one to ?Central Michigan

DjKyRo
01-24-2012, 05:38 AM
no not at all, just answering the question.

Juckem wasnt last year. Jones had offer to Colorado and was reported Wentz had one to ?Central Michigan

Carson did have an offer to CMU. I also heard Jones had an offer to Utah in addition to Colorado, never did see that confirmed.

HerdBot
01-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Farnlof - Air Force
Gray - Akron was close?

personally I think a player with multiple offers by Missouri Valley teams is more impressive than a kid who gets a single offer at a weak FBS program. Who is more impressive? Marcus Horne with 15 offers from every MAC and Missouri Valley team or Ben Lauer who had NSDU , UND , and the Gophers?

Grizzled
01-24-2012, 01:36 PM
If the staff recruited him as a DT then I trust their judgement. If they are wrong they will move him to OL like they did with Gimmestad. They obviously know what they are doing.

Just giving my observation.

jarhead
01-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Nick Dachota and Alec Lyons (interest) both to Indiana St.

Bison-Knuckle
01-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Nate Shaw (Interest/Offer from NDSU) commits to UNI
http://qctimes.com/sports/high-school/football/bettendorf-s-shaw-commits-to-uni/article_6c598662-4623-11e1-bee9-0019bb2963f4.html
Sorry if already posted

SamsRams
01-24-2012, 10:34 PM
here is izzo interview with Farnlof's coach

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/58030/group/Sports/

jarhead
01-25-2012, 02:49 AM
New on Rivals.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sam-Hahn-135054;_ylt=AlY25n8pFe926fJrt3YPnltIPZB4
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/238425/sam-hahn

Mr. Burgundy
01-25-2012, 03:16 AM
http://blogs.evtrib.com/varsityxtra/2011/12/04/azfca-all-arizona-top-25-football-team/

Not new news, but cool to look at. Both of our recent Arizona kids were named to the top 25 team. Congrats and welcome!

DB: Marcus Brantley (Red Mountain) is a name I am following pretty close right now. Also a top 25 kid.

SamsRams
01-25-2012, 04:45 AM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1322611&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

are you kidding me? 15 walk ons?? I heard Hahn is one of them. Can anyone confirm who has rivals account?

SamsRams
01-25-2012, 05:07 AM
http://blogs.evtrib.com/varsityxtra/2011/12/04/azfca-all-arizona-top-25-football-team/

Not new news, but cool to look at. Both of our recent Arizona kids were named to the top 25 team. Congrats and welcome!

DB: Marcus Brantley (Red Mountain) is a name I am following pretty close right now. Also a top 25 kid.

I think they are waiting on decision from Webb or Hughes (assuming one of them has an offer) if they go elsewhere then Brantley would be a great backup plan!! But that might be all null and void if Boise offers him this weekend

westnodak93bison
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
I think they are waiting on decision from Webb or Hughes (assuming one of them has an offer) if they go elsewhere then Brantley would be a great backup plan!! But that might be all null and void if Boise offers him this weekend

If Boise is interested why aren't a whole list of others?

steelbison
01-25-2012, 02:25 PM
If Boise is interested why aren't a whole list of others?

It's called under the radar..some kids are just not on the radar of some big schools. Boise has made a killing on these types of players. If you look at the typical Boise kid they are not a kid with a bunch of offers. They do a very good job of developing players and recruiting kids to fit their system. that is how a school like Boise is able to do what they do.

phxbison
01-25-2012, 03:02 PM
It's called under the radar..some kids are just not on the radar of some big schools. Boise has made a killing on these types of players. If you look at the typical Boise kid they are not a kid with a bunch of offers. They do a very good job of developing players and recruiting kids to fit their system. that is how a school like Boise is able to do what they do.

You could substitute NDSU for Boise State in your post and the exact same thing would be true. Seems like all the other FCS schools are getting the higher rated players and we're identifying the under the radar kids and kicking ass !!

Hambone
01-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Not sure if this has been noted on here, but I was browsing through visits on scout I passed by Marcus Horne, so I popped into his profile and he now has NDSU listed as "Low" interest, with Michigan State as "High" and all the other schools as "Medium". I know that it was looking less likely that he would make it to NDSU, but this somewhat confirms that.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4305516

HerdBot
01-25-2012, 03:29 PM

who is Hughes? must have missed something

westnodak93bison
01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
who is Hughes? must have missed something

look at the recruiting summary thread and go down to Minnesota...details are there

Mr. Burgundy
01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Not sure if this has been noted on here, but I was browsing through visits on scout I passed by Marcus Horne, so I popped into his profile and he now has NDSU listed as "Low" interest, with Michigan State as "High" and all the other schools as "Medium". I know that it was looking less likely that he would make it to NDSU, but this somewhat confirms that.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4305516

By far the most confusing kid of the year. I recently saw a quote from him saying he would pick UNI over the Mac schools as they play at a very high level. I thought we were done. Then, I heard it is down to UNI and NDSU on the kid. At the end of the day, I think the kid ends up in the Big Ten. He is visiting Michigan State this weekend, has been offered a gray shirt, and I saw a ton of quotes from MSU on it, he will probably accept. That is my guess. I did recently here it was down to UNI and NDSU. Probably a long shot, I fully expect he is a bigtime talent at the Missouri Valley level. I think we are in better shape with another RB.

coloradobison
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
I think we are in better shape with another RB.

?? Brathwaite?

Jay
01-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Dom had tweeted that Brett Pierce committed, but now it seems he deleted the tweet.

Media Blog also has a new kicker, preferred walk-on Tom Barneson.

jarhead
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
A couple of smaller Rbs for the video freaks, while we wait for something to happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxoOYdxxFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCl1WHkZqJ0

HerdBot
01-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Dom had tweeted that Brett Pierce committed, but now it seems he deleted the tweet.

Media Blog also has a new kicker, preferred walk-on Tom Barneson.

Hopefully there is something to that. Pierce would be an excellent signing. With Chuks Amechi , we would have our defensive ends set for 3 years.

KTF
01-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Can they afford to skip a RB in this class? Let's see Crockett (assuming he is back), Ojuri, Lang, and Jones. Could be a good group if they can stay healthy and all are under classmen... Hopefully something is in the works as one extra would be nice for insurance purposes. With the WR's coming in, anyway Ryan Smith takes a handful of snaps at RB?

Bison-Knuckle
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
ESPN has Brathwaite committing to Kent State
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2449/class/2012/page/offers
Haven't see any articles confirming this.....I hope it's not true, I really wanted Horne, Bathwaite, or Jahn in this class...doesn't look like we'll get any of them.

Bison-Knuckle
01-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Here is an article confirming Brathwaite committed to Kent State.
http://opdullacksprospects.blogspot.com/
This article also says that Brathwaite had previously committed to WSU and recently de-committed.
That was news to me:confused:

Bison"FANatic"
01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Here is an article confirming Brathwaite committed to Kent State.
http://opdullacksprospects.blogspot.com/
This article also says that Brathwaite had previously committed to WSU and recently de-committed.
That was news to me:confused:

Interesting article different than the 80 others I have read that state the new coaches didn't offer him a scholly at WSU. Just goes to show that you can't believe everything on the internets.

HoopsBison
01-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Per Izzo twitter

"Holy Angels Head Coach Ray Betton confirms that Brett Pierce has verbally committed to #NDSU, Pierce had offers from Wyoming, UND and USD"

Nice!

HandoEX
01-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Per Izzo twitter

"Holy Angels Head Coach Ray Betton confirms that Brett Pierce has verbally committed to #NDSU, Pierce had offers from Wyoming, UND and USD"
Nice!
Hell Yes! Welcome Brett!!!!!!

westnodak93bison
01-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Hell Yes! Welcome Brett!!!!!!

Some youtube video of Brett. Big kid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMv9uX7zD34

NDstateBison81
01-25-2012, 08:18 PM
NDSU needs to do more recruiting in ND, it pisses me off seeing great athletes from around the area end up at tiny colleges with a weak football program.. I'm not blaming any coaches/scouts but there needs to be a change if you ask me.

Bison"FANatic"
01-25-2012, 08:21 PM
NDSU needs to do more recruiting in ND, it pisses me off seeing great athletes from around the area end up at tiny colleges with a weak football program.. I'm not blaming any coaches/scouts but there needs to be a change if you ask me.

What???????????

Jay
01-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Lechler is visiting this weekend. Beach, ND kid.

CarringtonBison
01-25-2012, 08:25 PM
rob port is that you?

NDSU gets the best athletes in the area year after year. If they don't have D1 talent, they don't have D1 talent and end up at "tiny colleges". Even Sen Hoeven commented on how our local athletes contributed to this team's success.

ndsubison1
01-25-2012, 08:30 PM
we do fine with ND recruiting

Bison-Knuckle
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I think NDSU recruits ND pretty well. They grab the top 2-3 kids every year. This year we have Stumpf and Plankers from ND and we got Riopelle and Woods out of Northern MN. Not sure what other local kids you want them to recruit other than Molleberg?..... who we all know signed with the Whioux.

ad guy
01-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Good read on football recruiting in Minneapolis. Quotes from Marcus Williams and Carlton Littlejohn.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/138008888.html?page=1&c=y

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Per Izzo twitter

Nice!

Welcome to NDSU Brett. You look like a beast of a D-Lineman at 6-6, 250. Glad to have you aboard the National Champions in Bisonland!!

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Good read on football recruiting in Minneapolis. Quotes from Marcus Williams and Carlton Littlejohn.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/138008888.html?page=1&c=y

This was a great article, I read it before you posted it. It is interesting to read about how recruiting has changed.

Kermit
01-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Welcome to NDSU Brett. You look like a beast of a D-Lineman at 6-6, 250. Glad to have you aboard the National Champions in Bisonland!!

According to Kolpack's twitter, Pierce's HS coach says he is 6'5", 265! We're talking Ryan Drevlow size. Could also potentially be an OT.

SamsRams
01-25-2012, 08:49 PM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26963-Interesting-take-on-why-Goofers-suck

goalpost
01-25-2012, 09:18 PM
welcome brett

SamsRams
01-25-2012, 09:46 PM
A couple of smaller Rbs for the video freaks, while we wait for something to happen.

Interesting, think it would be tough to get on kids this far away so late.

I would hope coaches have already been in contact with Wes Burnside from Iowa
http://247sports.com/Player/Wes-Burnside-17306
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXDSA_2zs1w

On the Brantley front he tweeted this today
Boise state showed up today with 3 damn coaches.....talk about intimidation
http://twitter.com/mj_brantley33

baseballfan7
01-25-2012, 09:53 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1322611&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

are you kidding me? 15 walk ons?? I heard Hahn is one of them. Can anyone confirm who has rivals account?

All it mentions about Sam Hahn is that he was told by Coach Barney Cotton that the Nebraska Walk on class has filled up.

SamsRams
01-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Just cruising through available RB's on rivals and the state of Maryland has 7 uncommitted 2 star rb's. I know stars dont always mean a lot, but wow!

CAS4127
01-25-2012, 11:11 PM
We need to sign a good RB every year IMO. Rocky would be more than willing to help out east.

perthbison
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but can someone tell me what the projected position for Stumpf is?

Kermit
01-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but can someone tell me what the projected position for Stumpf is?

Probably outside LB in the Travis Beck mold. He was a QB/S in high school.

jarhead
01-26-2012, 12:33 AM
I'd like to welcome Brett Pierce to the Bison. Hope you and your family enjoy your years at NDSU.

Running back Josh Williams from Downers Grove, Ill. might be too small ( 5' 9", 175#) to be a feature back but he has some good bona fides. He was the Sun Times pick
as an all Chicago area back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_E_Aj7iWs

RB Jordan Kos (interest) committed to Winona St.

SamsRams
01-26-2012, 02:06 AM
Looks like coaches will go anywhere to find a good recruit. This one didnt work out, but first I have heard of them hitting Kentucky

http://www.kentuckysports.co/news/entry/2012-01-21-is-the-state-of-ky-beginning-to-keep-local-hs-football-talent

Travis Elliott is a 5-11 210 lb Running Back from Ryle HS (Union, KY which is about 10 minutes outside of Florence, KY.) After starting on the Varsity team for all four years Travis was on pace to break former Boone County RB Shaun Alexander’s Career rushing record (6,662 yards) before he tore his ACL which ended his season early. Despite his season ending injury which happened while making a tackle for the defense during a game against Colerain HS (Cincinnati) Elliott was still named the Northern Kentucky POY in 2011 by the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Aaron Borton, a Western Kentucky Graduate and avid football fan had this to say about the signing “Travis Elliott will make a huge impact for Western as a running back, it will be interesting to see if Willie Taggert decides to play Elliot at any other positions such as quarterback or punter.”

Elliott who gathered interest from programs such as Illinois, Georgia Tech, NC State, Missouri, BYU, Michigan, Cincinnati, North Dakota State and Tennessee instead chose to stay in the state and play for the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and Head Coach Willie Taggert.

bisoningrandforks
01-26-2012, 02:24 AM
nice find jarhead on josh williams......WOW!.....are you kidding me look at the lower body strength, speed, cutting ability....reminds me of a young ray rice or even Mr B Sanders.......I would take him in a heartbeat!

Jay
01-26-2012, 03:00 AM
Nick Carr verballed to SDSU

herdmember
01-26-2012, 03:00 AM
Some Lucas Trickle that writes for Gopher Illustrated is tweeting that Pierce hasn't committed anywhere.

Holy Angels athlete Brett Pierce has not committed anywhere. #Gophers #NDSU
https://twitter.com/#!/LucasTrickleGI

herdmember
01-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Nick Carr to Jacks per Izzo tweet.

https://twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY

tony
01-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Nick Carr to Jacks per Izzo tweet.

https://twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY

Jacks really kicking some ass on the recruiting front this year!

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2012, 03:30 AM
hammer said woods was suspended from bball for 3 weeks for violation of team rules

SamsRams
01-26-2012, 03:35 AM
a lot of the mvfc is having some nice verbals

SamsRams
01-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Some Lucas Trickle that writes for Gopher Illustrated is tweeting that Pierce hasn't committed anywhere.

Here is the thing a lot of people tend to forget. There arent many "hard" verbals when you are an FCS school. Did Pierce give NDSU a verbal today......yes! Would he or most any of the teams other recruits change their mind if a BCS school came in late with a full ride.........most certainly!!
Kid is a beast and the Gophers are dumb for not offering him. If Feb 1st comes and Pierce official signs it will be an absolute steal for Bison Nation

JustinTyem
01-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Landon Lechler hopes to make a decision about his future in the week.

The 6-foot-8, 240-pound Beach standout said he’s deciding between North Dakota........... http://monke.areavoices.com/2012/01/lechler-deciding-between-ndsu-und-and-dsu/

SamsRams
01-26-2012, 05:52 AM

The 6-foot-8, 240-pound Beach standout said he’s deciding between North Dakota........... http://monke.areavoices.com/2012/01/lechler-deciding-between-ndsu-und-and-dsu/

Only ten hours behind this time :biggrin:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24154-2012-Recruiting-Summary/page5

reply #44

HerdBot
01-26-2012, 06:37 AM

He's a gopher homer that lives in Fargo and he thinks every player in Minnesota should walk on and he especially hates NDSU since we kicked their ass twice and should have beat Mason's club in '06. http://minnesota.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?User=2443247

If he lives in Moorhead how would he know this? (its all over the media of course in the fm area) Unless of course he's violating NCAA rules as a Gophers booster because why would his coach give Dom (a real journalist) an answer and then 4 hours later he heres something different?

HerdBot
01-26-2012, 06:53 AM
stole this post from the gopher hole.. apparently st thomas offered

hat is according to MinnesotaPreps:

(Updated 12/16) Antonio Ford, 5'9 200, RB, Wayzata (5A) - Has received preferred walk-on offers from Minnesota and NDSU. Has received D2 offer from Mankato. KARE 11 All-Metro. In 13 games, had 224 carries for 1463 yards for 6.3 ypc and 13 touchdowns. Was the May 2011 NUC Combine Overall MVP/Combine King with 4.58 40 yard dash, 4.18 shuttle, 35" vertical, and 23 bench reps at 185. Attended US Army National Combine. Was injured to start the junior season. In 8 games, had 224 carries for 922 yards and 9 TDs. As a sophomore in six games, rushed for 835 yards for 5.7 YPC and 8 TDs. At the 2010 NUC, recorded a 4.66 electronically timed 40-yard dash and 28.5" vertical.

Gopherlillustrated.com camp evaluation "Running back Antonio Ford participated in his second day of camp this week, and put on a nice display. Ford was clearly the class of the running backs today. He spent most of the early session catching passes from Nelson, and looked athletic doing it. He was quick and fast. Not a huge guy, but- showed enough athleticism to prove that he is a D1 football player."

HerdBot
01-26-2012, 07:10 AM

Lots of big dudes on the lines.

Pierce - 6-6 DE
Plankers 6-7 OL
Lechler 6-8 OL
Johnson 6-5 310

nicely complimented with speed

JustinTyem
01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Only ten hours behind this time :biggrin:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?24154-2012-Recruiting-Summary/page5

reply #44Dang it,Why am I always the black sheep in the back, instead of leading the group,LoL

SamsRams
01-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Dang it,Why am I always the black sheep in the back, instead of leading the group,LoL

haha i wouldnt say that. maybe i am the weirdo for instantly knowing wut thread and page it was on. always better to post twice then to not share

OnTheFifty
01-26-2012, 11:45 AM
He's a gopher homer that lives in Fargo and he thinks every player in Minnesota should walk on and he especially hates NDSU since we kicked their ass twice and should have beat Mason's club in '06. http://minnesota.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?User=2443247

If he lives in Moorhead how would he know this? (its all over the media of course in the fm area) Unless of course he's violating NCAA rules as a Gophers booster because why would his coach give Dom (a real journalist) an answer and then 4 hours later he heres something different?

Gabe - Not sure on his charactor like you apparently know him very well. But just to add to this - He writes articles for Rivals, so he does have indpendant direct communication with recruits. It is common to post small parts of text or communcation that they have had with recruits.

My guess is the same as a poster above. He verballed to NDSU, but if some FBS offer came later in the game, he would not shut the door. My guess is that he is definitely NDSU bound.

SamsRams
01-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Gabe - Not sure on his charactor like you apparently know him very well. But just to add to this - He writes articles for Rivals, so he does have indpendant direct communication with recruits. It is common to post small parts of text or communcation that they have had with recruits.

My guess is the same as a poster above. He verballed to NDSU, but if some FBS offer came later in the game, he would not shut the door. My guess is that he is definitely NDSU bound.

that poster above is a pretty cool dude. but lets not just give someone credit for writing for a recruiting source. i put way more credit into wut coach says.

Hambone
01-26-2012, 01:06 PM
stole this post from the gopher hole.. apparently st thomas offered

hat is according to MinnesotaPreps:

(Updated 12/16) Antonio Ford, 5'9 200, RB, Wayzata (5A) - Has received preferred walk-on offers from Minnesota and NDSU. Has received D2 offer from Mankato. KARE 11 All-Metro. In 13 games, had 224 carries for 1463 yards for 6.3 ypc and 13 touchdowns. Was the May 2011 NUC Combine Overall MVP/Combine King with 4.58 40 yard dash, 4.18 shuttle, 35" vertical, and 23 bench reps at 185. Attended US Army National Combine. Was injured to start the junior season. In 8 games, had 224 carries for 922 yards and 9 TDs. As a sophomore in six games, rushed for 835 yards for 5.7 YPC and 8 TDs. At the 2010 NUC, recorded a 4.66 electronically timed 40-yard dash and 28.5" vertical.

Gopherlillustrated.com camp evaluation "Running back Antonio Ford participated in his second day of camp this week, and put on a nice display. Ford was clearly the class of the running backs today. He spent most of the early session catching passes from Nelson, and looked athletic doing it. He was quick and fast. Not a huge guy, but- showed enough athleticism to prove that he is a D1 football player."

Regarding the St Thomas offer, that is for Kendrick Brewster, who is another metro RB. Ford is only shown as having PWO offers (as you note in the item above) from Minnesota and NDSU.

Bison"FANatic"
01-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Here they are talking about DeSean Warren. Sounds like he is getting pressured to take the Juco route and to take a visit to Kansas. The post could be all bull though so take it for what it is worth. I would be surprised if we lost him as I remember him being very impressed with the way NDSU stuck with him through the injury. I would not expect someone that talks that way to back out on his word but we will find out next Wednesday.

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-staff-room/topic?id=3692&p=1

phxbison
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM

After watching these, I would be shocked if Jacobi Green does'nt have multiple offers unless he has academic issues.

KyleK_old
01-26-2012, 03:25 PM
OT Nick Carr (6-8, 285) has joined join Totino-Grace teammate Andy Moritko in giving a verbal to SDSU. Said he was offered by UNI, NDSU. -- FGOSPORTSWRITER (@FGOSPORTSWRITER)

jarhead
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
After watching these, I would be shocked if Jacobi Green does'nt have multiple offers unless he has academic issues.

If they're worth having, someone is looking at them.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jacobi-Green-130703

coloradobison
01-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Izzo tweeted that Justin Arp hasnt yet decided between NDSU and UND.

WRSDBison
01-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Here is the thing a lot of people tend to forget. There arent many "hard" verbals when you are an FCS school. Did Pierce give NDSU a verbal today......yes! Would he or most any of the teams other recruits change their mind if a BCS school came in late with a full ride.........most certainly!!
Kid is a beast and the Gophers are dumb for not offering him. If Feb 1st comes and Pierce official signs it will be an absolute steal for Bison Nation

I could be wrong but wasn't Marion Barber coming to NDSU until UM swooped in at the 11th hour and offered a full ride?

SDbison
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Anyone know if either of these guys has the frame to put on more muscle? With the following numbers these guys are not much bigger than basketball players.

Justin Arp, 6-6, 220, TE/DE, Forman? (Sargent Central), ND
Landon Lechler, 6-7, 240, OL/DE/TE, Beach, ND

North Side
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
I could be wrong but wasn't Marion Barber coming to NDSU until UM swooped in at the 11th hour and offered a full ride?
really I have never heard that, but if that's true that's pretty cool.

BlueBisonRock
01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Anyone know if either of these guys has the frame to put on more muscle? With the following numbers these guys are not much bigger than basketball players.

Phil Hansen came into the NDSU program at 195 soaking wet.

tony
01-26-2012, 07:48 PM

That's what I've read.

westriver bison
01-26-2012, 08:35 PM

I don't know about Arp but IMO Lechler should handle 40-60 pounds pretty easily.

HandoEX
01-26-2012, 09:01 PM
hammer said woods was suspended from bball for 3 weeks for violation of team rules
What a shame. From what I've heard, he is not acting like a top recruit should act. Hope he straightens things out soon or...

aces1180
01-26-2012, 09:05 PM
What a shame. From what I've heard, he is not acting like a top recruit should act. Hope he straightens things out soon or...

A lot of players at Bemidji got in trouble. Not an excuse, just saying'...

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100036052/group/Sports/

HandoEX
01-26-2012, 09:17 PM
A lot of players at Bemidji got in trouble. Not an excuse, just saying'...

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/event/article/id/100036052/group/Sports/
I know what happened. I am still really concerned.

SDbison
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
I am glad they didn't have these strict policies in place when I was in high school:

“It is expected that all students who participate in an extracurricular activity at Bemidji High School will not possesses, buy, use or sell any tobacco product, mood-altering chemical or steroids. Students in attendance at a ‘kegger’ party, night club or in a vehicle where alcohol is present without being accompanied by a parent, will be deemed as being in possession of alcohol. Students in attendance at a ‘kegger’ party, nightclub or in a vehicle where any substance defined by law as a drug is present will be deemed as being in possession of those substances. This rule applies to each participant for the entire calendar year, both in and outside of the defined school day.”

Maybe they should add if the student is within 100 feet of anyone or anyplace where cigarettes, alcohol or drugs are present they are immediately guilty and will be punished to the full extent possible.

SDbison
01-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I know what happened. I am still really concerned. Without any details I say the kid screwed up and now has fair warning. Hopefully this is enough to prevent any problems at the college level.

HooliganBison
01-26-2012, 10:44 PM
NDHSAA uses the guilt by association rule.

EndZoneQB
01-26-2012, 10:52 PM
I am glad they didn't have these strict policies in place when I was in high school:

“It is expected that all students who participate in an extracurricular activity at Bemidji High School will not possesses, buy, use or sell any tobacco product, mood-altering chemical or steroids. Students in attendance at a ‘kegger’ party, night club or in a vehicle where alcohol is present without being accompanied by a parent, will be deemed as being in possession of alcohol. Students in attendance at a ‘kegger’ party, nightclub or in a vehicle where any substance defined by law as a drug is present will be deemed as being in possession of those substances. This rule applies to each participant for the entire calendar year, both in and outside of the defined school day.”

Maybe they should add if the student is within 100 feet of anyone or anyplace where cigarettes, alcohol or drugs are present they are immediately guilty and will be punished to the full extent possible.

Yep, that was my policy in HS as well. If you were at a party, drinking or not(you know, if you went as the sober guy to give everyone a ride, god forbid that), the Police took your name and turned it into the athletic department. Now, did it REALLY go down like that? No, not at all. At that time, we still had "normal" officers of the law that let piddly shit go without ruining your life. Most Moorhead officers were extremely reasonable...not so much anymore after losing Bergquist(amont others) and the new police chief that decided it was his calling to ban "paraphernalia" in Moorhead shuttiing down 5 (of what, 10?) tax paying businesses in Moorhead. But I digress.

HerdBot
01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2017312906_recruiting_reset.html?syndication=rss

calvin thomas is visiting washington this weekend

jarhead
01-26-2012, 11:47 PM
I think this is a new Jacob Davis video. Haven't heard a word about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVh05IB8Mew

bisoningrandforks
01-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Ive liked jacobs from day one.......hope they are in still in touch with him....complete stud..

bisoningrandforks
01-27-2012, 12:18 AM
my bad jacob davis

jarhead
01-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Leonard Garron video:

http://4agp.com/leonardgarron.html

Notorious
01-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Phil Hansen came into the NDSU program at 195 soaking wet.

Yep...he did develop a bit over the years though!! He had desire, which made him who he became.

BadlandsBison
01-27-2012, 03:27 AM
Yep...he did develop a bit over the years though!! He had desire, which made him who he became.

Dickinson players are known for desire to drink.

EndZoneQB
01-27-2012, 03:27 AM

Pfft, how would you know?? haha

Ferd
01-27-2012, 03:37 AM
I think this is a new Jacob Davis video. Haven't heard a word about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVh05IB8Mew
Does the middle linebacker usually line up next to the fullback? :confused:

Notorious
01-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Pfft, how would you know?? haha

Easy T...how would you know?? Btw...thank for the t-shirt ???????????????????????????????

EndZoneQB
01-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Easy T...how would you know?? Btw...thank for the t-shirt ???????????????????????????????

We haven't ordered more yet. When we do(have to at least get the championship info on em), you will get one. Don't worry!

jarhead
01-27-2012, 03:03 PM
According to Rivals, as of today there were 523 uncommitted RBs rated 3* or under. One of them must have our name tattooed on his arm.

goalpost
01-27-2012, 04:07 PM
big name released today

westnodak93bison
01-27-2012, 04:20 PM
big name released today

I hope you are right but I suspect you could be a rogue SDSU or UNI fan.

coloradobison
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
big name released today

Informative. Thats like saying the sky is blue.

Jay
01-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Per Izzo's Twitter:

http://Rivals.com (http://t.co/zHQgDITt) reports that Wichita Northwest LB Jacob Davis has verbally committed to #NDSU (http://www.bisonville.com/#!/search?q=%23NDSU), working on confirmation

CAS4127
01-27-2012, 09:39 PM
big name released today

Tic, toc, tic, toc, tic, toc, tic, toc . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

coloradobison
01-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Izzo tweeted about Davis - was working on confirmation.

Jay
01-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Confirmed on Davis...

https://twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY/status/163051509439930371

CAS4127
01-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Good get. I don't think Davis is who "goalpost" was referring to tho.

Goalpost???!!!

bisoningrandforks
01-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Im stoked.......Davis is a stud.....great get.....welcome to the bison family Jacob...

Kermit
01-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Confirmed on Davis...

https://twitter.com/#!/DomIzzoWDAY/status/163051509439930371

This kid gave NDSU a "soft verbal" 3 weeks ago. He is visiting West Point right now. I hope we get him, but the only news today was the report of the soft verbal finally showed up on Rivals.

HerdBot
01-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Brandon Larson went to the Suesies. I was hoping he would walk on here or get a partial.

BisonNeil
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I still think NDSU needs a stud RB. I really believe that in the WC Bohl wants to run you have to have a stud RB recruit every year. Not sure I see that happening though.

Mr. Burgundy
01-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I still think NDSU needs a stud RB. I really believe that in the WC Bohl wants to run you have to have a stud RB recruit every year. Not sure I see that happening though.

We get it Neil. You and Oldguy (mostly on areavoices) have remarkably similar opinions. Lets recap, you aren't as confident as the rest of Bison fans that Crockett will be eligible and you want an unreal RB in each class, and that Bohl has not won his top RB battles this year. How did I do?

IndyBison
01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
a lot of the mvfc is having some nice verbals
Just read the top running back from the 5A state champion team in Indiana (Jalen Duncan) verballed to Western Illinois. Nice pick-up for them.

bisoningrandforks
01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
would like to know whose visiting this weekend?.........

westnodak93bison
01-28-2012, 04:36 PM
We get it Neil. You and Oldguy (mostly on areavoices) have remarkably similar opinions. Lets recap, you aren't as confident as the rest of Bison fans that Crockett will be eligible and you want an unreal RB in each class, and that Bohl has not won his top RB battles this year. How did I do?

Is the staff still pursuing Antonio Ford? I know he was at the spring game. I think he would fit our system.

jarhead
01-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Reportedly, Antonio Ford has Preferred walk-on offers from both us and the Gophers. Since the staff hasn't offered him, I'm assuming they don't see him as an every down back.
DT Calvin Thomas was reportedly visiting Washington this weekend but I no longer see his name on their visit list. According to the link below, he and teammate Jaxon Hood are
visiting Tulane this weekend. We've butted heads with Tulane a couple of times before and it hasn't gone well.

WRSDBison
01-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Big name released today

jarhead
01-28-2012, 07:02 PM
For RB recruitniks I have a few "uncommitted" RB videos (Te'o was committed to Washington St. as a safety, but doen't show up on their latest list that can see).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehHi8-oqmn0

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jerry+bynum+football&oq=jerry+bynum&aq=1&aqi=g2&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=1989l4342l0l7113l11l7l0l2l2l0l388l691l2.1.0 .1l4l0

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=antonio%20brown%20cbc%20high%20school&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCYQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHq-1HuPcRic&ei=kUkkT-GUJuf0sQLWkd2MAg&usg=AFQjCNH_igu9JEriyNXnmzq6krIN85urwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65iKno-v-AE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfwPrys6lI

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=cameron+stubbs+football&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I have NO IDEA if we are looking at any of these guys or any other RBs. I've watched a lot of RB videos the last couple of weeks and I'm taking a break, no more videos
'til after signing day.

HerdBot
01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Reportedly, Antonio Ford has Preferred walk-on offers from both us and the Gophers. Since the staff hasn't offered him, I'm assuming they don't see him as an every down back.
DT Calvin Thomas was reportedly visiting Washington this weekend but I no longer see his name on their visit list. According to the link below, he and teammate Jaxon Hood are
visiting Tulane this weekend. We've butted heads with Tulane a couple of times before and it hasn't gone well.

Hood committed to boston college early December http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jaxon-Hood-124239;_ylt=AgxpMoezc6pc25MUDmIXCHdIPZB4

jarhead
01-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Forgot this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOro_xwMkuQ

BisonNeil
01-28-2012, 07:36 PM

So Burg, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You don't think the Bison need a RB this class. I do. Don't know why you always have to be such an ahole about it though.

It is obvious that other than a stud RB, this is shaping up to be a very nice class, which is nice since there aren't quite as many scholarships to go around.

jarhead
01-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Hood committed to boston college early December http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jaxon-Hood-124239;_ylt=AgxpMoezc6pc25MUDmIXCHdIPZB4

The BC commitment was very "soft", I believe it was his first. Interest really picked up later on and the talk seemed to be that he would end up elsewhere, maybe Mich.
St. I have no idea if Thomas and Hood are good buds and would like a package deal. Likewise, with 2 quality DTs in this class, are we still pursuing Thomas?

Mr. Burgundy
01-28-2012, 08:36 PM
So Burg, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You don't think the Bison need a RB this class. I do. Don't know why you always have to be such an ahole about it though.

It is obvious that other than a stud RB, this is shaping up to be a very nice class, which is nice since there aren't quite as many scholarships to go around.

Not being an A hole, others would agree, if you have an opinion, you repeat it until it becomes fact in your mind. You were right several years ago that we didn't have the right QB, and wanted depth, and that idea is now going toward the RB position. I have said for a while, that I believe Crockett is eligible and I think he is the RB in this class. He is best friends with the team, he has alot to lose by not being eligible. We also are shooting for the stars at RB. We are bound to lose our share of battles going after the RB's that we are going after. Class isn't done. Guys like Sigers have been last second guys, so you never know what we end up with. We only have so many scholarships. We graduated one RB, and are adding 1 in Crockett. Just my opinion. Class is REALLY shaping up nice. I agree.

Mr. Burgundy
01-29-2012, 01:31 PM

Everyone is happy this morning. Looks like we got a RB that appears to be the real deal. I still can't find that it is Dinwiddie's brother, but I am pretty sure it is.

OnTheFifty
01-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Seems like Pierce is still a bit of mystery. Usually this guy is pretty up to speed with Minnesota recruits?

Article from Minnesota preps today:

As of today there are a handful of players with Division 1 offers that are still uncommitted. The two biggest names are Eden Prairie LB Drake Michaelson (6'1 205) and Holy Angels DE Brent Pierce (6'6 250). Michaelson is making a visit to Illinois this weekend and holds 12 FBS/FCS offers to include an offer from Wyoming and Air Force. Pierce also holds a number of FBS/FCS offers to include Wyoming as well. Both were offered preferred walk-on opportunities with Minnesota.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1324154

SDSUAlum08
01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Seems like Pierce is still a bit of mystery. Usually this guy is pretty up to speed with Minnesota recruits?

Article from Minnesota preps today:

As of today there are a handful of players with Division 1 offers that are still uncommitted. The two biggest names are Eden Prairie LB Drake Michaelson (6'1 205) and Holy Angels DE Brent Pierce (6'6 250). Michaelson is making a visit to Illinois this weekend and holds 12 FBS/FCS offers to include an offer from Wyoming and Air Force. Pierce also holds a number of FBS/FCS offers to include Wyoming as well. Both were offered preferred walk-on opportunities with Minnesota.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1324154

I read that on Gopherhole this morning. Must be the same guy. He said two days ago Pierce said he wasn't committed to NDSU yet, but was close. My assumption is that he's holding out for a last minute offer from a decent FBS. I'm still guessing he becomes a Bison. Pretty typical stuff. I'm sure he's got a couple schools that have him as a last minute offer if other players fall through. I'd probably do the same.

BisonNeil
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Everyone is happy this morning. Looks like we got a RB that appears to be the real deal. I still can't find that it is Dinwiddie's brother, but I am pretty sure it is.

If everyone includes me, then yes, we are happy :)

As to whether or not Devron is DeShawn's brother, I looked at my printed copy of last year's recruiting class and the last sentence says "Son of John and Sherri Hastert, has two brothers, Devron Dinwiddie and Bryan Morris". So, I think this confirms your suspicion.

Mr. Burgundy
01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
If everyone includes me, then yes, we are happy :)

As to whether or not Devron is DeShawn's brother, I looked at my printed copy of last year's recruiting class and the last sentence says "Son of John and Sherri Hastert, has two brothers, Devron Dinwiddie and Bryan Morris". So, I think this confirms your suspicion.

Thanks Neil. I wasn't sure, but I thought I remember hearing something about it. Hope this "verbal" signs with us on Wednesday. I knew they were looking at a RB that has not been mentioned on this board, but I wasn't familiar this kid was an option. Pretty impressive get by our staff. It appears he will have 3 years left and hopefully have his grades in order. You can't teach speed. I also agree with Neil, it is very nice to keep getting one back per class, and hope that Crockett is a bonus and he does become eligible.

jarhead
01-29-2012, 06:09 PM
This article appeared in the Hutchinson newspaper a few years ago. I hope Deveon and Deshawn don't mind my sharing it with you. It is uplifting and attests to the type
of character both of these young men possess. I warmly welcomed Deshawn last year and am glad to be able to welcome Deveon to the Bison family today.

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/backfooting

BisonNeil
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
This article appeared in the Hutchinson newspaper a few years ago. I hope Deveon and Deshawn don't mind my sharing it with you. It is uplifting and attests to the type
of character both of these young men possess. I warmly welcomed Deshawn last year and am glad to be able to welcome Deveon to the Bison family today.

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/backfooting

A great story! Thanks for sharing.

Warms my heart to know that these two brothers will get to play together on a great football team with a great tradition and that they will be able to get a free education from a top university in the US. It really is a great story. I hope the local press picks up on it as they become more familiar names in the community.

Mr. Burgundy
01-29-2012, 06:41 PM
If you can, read the comments on the right side of the column. Awesome. What a great story. Makes me want this kid even more. Good luck to both boys. Thanks to some amazing people for helping raise them.

Bison"FANatic"
01-29-2012, 07:41 PM
It is stories like this that make it so rewarding to write that check to teammakers every year. They get to play football but hopefully when their career at NDSU is done they walk away holding a degree that will serve them well the rest of their lives.

bruinbison
01-29-2012, 09:49 PM
From today's gopherhole Chris Monter reports that DB Charles Webb (interest) is visiting Iowa CC's this weekend, according to his coach Dave Nelson.

BisonNeil
01-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Everyone on this thread knows by now the concern I have had about the RB position next year, and getting a recruit for this class.

I don't have a lot of what would be considered "inside" contacts when it comes to Bison football, but I have a couple. This post is kind of a "good news, bad news" type of deal.

I asked my contacts about the RB situation, specifically the probability Crockett will be academically eligible and what, if any, RB recruits there may be. My second guy just got back to me.

The good news is that both gave me the exact same probability that Crockett will gain his academic elgibility for next fall, both said 90%. That made me feel pretty good since he was a big time recruit in that 2010 class.

The potentially bad news is one of my contacts said Dinwiddlie is "not a done deal". I got no real specifics but I get the sense is that he could be like the LB out of Kansas who is a "soft" verbal, if he gets a FBS offer he is gone. I'm hoping DeShawn's tweet is the real deal.

Mr. Burgundy
01-29-2012, 10:44 PM
BisonNeil, I have heard the exact same thing on both sides. Crockett will be eligible and that we need a fax on Wednesday before our new RB is a done deal.

The thing I have been trying to tell myself, is that now that we are at "this level" we are going to be reaching for STUDS. There are going to be kids that we are chasing that are SO CLOSE to that next level, we provide the FBS attitude/atmosphere, but with the FCS title. Every bigtime school has the signing day sweats. We have done in the past few years. I guess it shows that we are going after bigtime kids. I guarantee we could have had a bunch of lesser RB's months ago. Bohl and crew shot for the stars, and the next few days will be interesting. Keep in mind....the next couple days are quiet days. No recruiting. Just gotta hope we get the signed LOI on Wednesday morning.

Sidenote, does this verbal feel just like Pat Paschall? Great HS talent, went Juco (I think both in Kansas) similar in size, both with 3 years remaining. I hope they have similar careers.

SamsRams
01-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Everyone on this thread knows by now the concern I have had about the RB position next year, and getting a recruit for this class.

I don't have a lot of what would be considered "inside" contacts when it comes to Bison football, but I have a couple. This post is kind of a "good news, bad news" type of deal.

I asked my contacts about the RB situation, specifically the probability Crockett will be academically eligible and what, if any, RB recruits there may be. My second guy just got back to me.

The good news is that both gave me the exact same probability that Crockett will gain his academic elgibility for next fall, both said 90%. That made me feel pretty good since he was a big time recruit in that 2010 class.

The potentially bad news is one of my contacts said Dinwiddlie is "not a done deal". I got no real specifics but I get the sense is that he could be like the LB out of Kansas who is a "soft" verbal, if he gets a FBS offer he is gone. I'm hoping DeShawn's tweet is the real deal.
name one bison verbal that wouldnt switch if a top level fbs program offered now. ill wait if u wanna ask your source. every fcs verbal every year is a soft verbal, its just simple math

jarhead
01-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Gopher Hole thread reports DB Charles Webb is visiting Iowa JCs this week, possibly due to non-qual academically. Marcus Brantley is reportedly visiting Boise St. this
weekend and one of their message boards thought they were likely to offer him due to their losing 2 CBs this year. They have signed 2 DBs to this class and Anthony???
Standifer, a Michigan offeree was also reportedly visiting this weekend. Also, JC CB Adam Dixon, who we recruited out of high school, reportedly visited the Grizz in Dec.
We're pretty well stocked at CB right now, but a couple of the guys are iffy (academically or injury). Also haven't heard if we've been in contact with Kyle Hughes and, if
so, what position we'd be recruiting him for. Must be down to 2 - 3 scholarships left I would think.

tcbison
01-29-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't have a of inside information, that is why I come to Bisonville. Anyway, I was wearing my Bison sweatshirt the other day in downtown Minneapolis and a guy stopped me and said he is Crockett's cousin. He said he should be eligible and loves it in Fargo.

baseballfan7
01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Gopher Hole thread reports DB Charles Webb is visiting Iowa JCs this week, possibly due to non-qual academically. Marcus Brantley is reportedly visiting Boise St. this
weekend and one of their message boards thought they were likely to offer him due to their losing 2 CBs this year. They have signed 2 DBs to this class and Anthony???
Standifer, a Michigan offeree was also reportedly visiting this weekend. Also, JC CB Adam Dixon, who we recruited out of high school, reportedly visited the Grizz in Dec.
We're pretty well stocked at CB right now, but a couple of the guys are iffy (academically or injury). Also haven't heard if we've been in contact with Kyle Hughes and, if
so, what position we'd be recruiting him for. Must be down to 2 - 3 scholarships left I would think.

Adam Dixon committed to Missouri State

OnTheFifty
01-30-2012, 01:03 AM
Rivals article from Kansas admin still has Warren uncommtited. Just a matter of waiting until signing day I hope. Lists Davis verballed. Has McMakin been discussed much here. Looks like a MVC battle for him?

Other uncommitted players with offers include:
Garrett Griffin, Louisburg has an offer from both Air Force and Army
Brett McMakin, Blue Valley West has offers from North and South Dakota State as well as Southern Illinois
Jacob Davis, Wichita Northwest (has committed verbally to North Dakota State on 1-7, but not yet entered into the list as such)
DeSean Warren, Blue Valley West has an offer from North Dakota State

HerdBot
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Standifer has a dozen of Big Ten offers and schools like Notre Dame and Pitt. Rest assured we aint gonna get him and if we do it would be a historic signing. I would be shocked if we even got him in for a visit. Guys like Brantley are probably a bit more realistic although I hear Hughes is a possibility too

Mr. Burgundy
01-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Standifer has a dozen of Big Ten offers and schools like Notre Dame and Pitt. Rest assured we aint gonna get him and if we do it would be a historic signing. I would be shocked if we even got him in for a visit. Guys like Brantley are probably a bit more realistic although I hear Hughes is a possibility too

Where did you hear Hughes was a possibility?

HerdBot
01-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Where did you hear Hughes was a possibility?

Can't remember.... I think Sams mentioned that he de committed and was on the radar but I don't know much other than that.

KyleK_old
01-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Just talked to LB Jacob Davis of Wichita, soft verbal to NDSU is now firm. 6-2 1/2, 238 lbs, benches almost 400. -- FGOSPORTSWRITER (@FGOSPORTSWRITER)

BisonNeil
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Just talked to LB Jacob Davis of Wichita, soft verbal to NDSU is now firm. 6-2 1/2, 238 lbs, benches almost 400. -- FGOSPORTSWRITER (@FGOSPORTSWRITER)

Good to know! I think this is a very good get for the NDSU coaches. Anybody know who would have been responsible for recruiting him?

Bison Dan
01-30-2012, 06:46 PM
What I like about him is the 4.6 speed. That's something you can't coach.

CAS4127
01-30-2012, 06:48 PM
What I like about him is the 4.6 speed. That's something you can't coach.

That's something I want to see before I believe it frankly. I like the kid, don't get me wrong, but his running "style" is unique if you will.

Does anyone know if he runs track?? If he has legit 4.6 speed, he should be competive in HS sprints, at least the indoor 60 and outdoor 100 IMO.

Bison Dan
01-30-2012, 07:02 PM
That's something I want to see before I believe it frankly. I like the kid, don't get me wrong, but his running "style" is unique if you will.

Does anyone know if he runs track?? If he has legit 4.6 speed, he should be competive in HS sprints, at least the indoor 60 and outdoor 100 IMO.

I agree - I just viewed his recruiting video and on one play he runs down a wr from about 20 yards back. It looked to me that he is raw and not very well coached. If he's coachable he should be a good one.

jarhead
01-30-2012, 07:25 PM

I DIDN'T SAY STANDIFER WAS VISITING SU, I SAID BOTH HE AND MARCUS BRANTLEY (WHO WE ARE RECRUITING) WERE BOTH SCHEDULED TO VISIT BOISE STATE THIS WEEKEND, AC-
CORDING TO THEIR MESSAGE BOARD. ACCORDING TO THEIR BOARD, BOISE LOST TWO CBs, HAD SIGNED TWO ALREADY SO I WAS TRYING TO EVALUATE WHETHER OR NOT BRANTLEY
WOULD BE OFFERED AND SIGN WITH THEM NOT US.

HerdBot
01-30-2012, 07:45 PM
I DIDN'T SAY STANDIFER WAS VISITING SU, I SAID BOTH HE AND MARCUS BRANTLEY (WHO WE ARE RECRUITING) WERE BOTH SCHEDULED TO VISIT BOISE STATE THIS WEEKEND, AC-
CORDING TO THEIR MESSAGE BOARD. ACCORDING TO THEIR BOARD, BOISE LOST TWO CBs, HAD SIGNED TWO ALREADY SO I WAS TRYING TO EVALUATE WHETHER OR NOT BRANTLEY
WOULD BE OFFERED AND SIGN WITH THEM NOT US.

Gotcha. Your wording was kind of goofy. Thanks for the clarification.

jarhead
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Gotcha. Your wording was kind of goofy. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm getting old.

HerdBot
01-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm getting old.
Every second we get older.

goalpost
01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
it getting dwon to crunch time !