PDA

View Full Version : Official Lyrics...unedited

344Johnson
01-15-2011, 08:58 PM
As a child i was taught "On the plains" but my dad said he couldn't teach me the whole thing cause it wasn't appropriate for a 4 year old. I hear them sing it every game but can never catch that part. Anyone willing to put it on here?

onbison09
01-15-2011, 10:15 PM
I have heard the players have changed the lyrics after bison once, bison twice, to:
"Kicking ass is mighty nice! Damn right!" Which is fine but it's not as good as the original.

Hammerhead
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
From the archives:
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-14142.html

Gully
01-15-2011, 10:48 PM
There are at least a couple of different versions, I'll note.

nodakralph
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
The song was composed by several Rajahs who spent many hours coming up with the lyrics. It made its debut on a beautiful fall day probably in 1960 at Dacotah field during a UND/NDSC football game. The Rajahs were all on the field with the cheerleaders. We had made a deal with the Pep Band and on signal we got a great drum roll and the Stadium went totally silent. We launched into song with our youthful and off key voices filling the stadium. When we finished the song the crowd went wild. The celebration down town that afternoon and night was fantastic. The song was repeated many times at the Flame and the Five Spot all weekend. On Sunday I received a call that several of song writers were to meet with the NDAC President Monday morning early. The story I got was that the Governor of ND and his wife were sitting with the NDSC President at the ball game and she being a UND alum was less than impressed with our efforts (which must have been ok as a lot of you know the words or most of them). We were not asked to leave school but we were happy to leave the President’s office. Actually, I think he enjoyed the song but being politically correct was starting to make inroads into society even back then. Even with this long standing hit from our first attempt none of us ended up in the Music Business as far as I know.
These are the words as I remember them

Far across the plains from Fargo
Plain for all to see
Stands an old abandoned outhouse
Called the University

So Hail the Bison
Hail the Bison, with their tails up in the air
University University
You can kiss what’s under there

ndsubison1
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Ok. Lets cut to the chase:

Bison once! Bison twice! - holy jumpin' jahosafice!
ahhhh sh!t, ***k sucker m***** *****r spit tobacco chew
We're the mighty Bison who the **** are you!

344Johnson
01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
thank you all.

AjaxTheMighty
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
It's really vulgar but here is the rest after the "kiss what's under there" part:

Bison once Bison twice, holy jumpin jehosephites, oh sh*t.
Co*k sucker mother f---er spit tabacco chew,
were the mighty Bison who the F--K are you!?!

Eat, bite, butt-f--k, gobble, nibble, chew,
Nipple, pu*sy, hair-pie finger-f--k, screw,
Moose sh*t, cat putter, orangutang tit,
We are the mighty Bison. SIOUX SUCK SH*T!

That is the rest of the full version! GO BISON!

No_Skill
01-17-2011, 01:47 AM
...now that's poetry. :D

CAS4127
01-17-2011, 04:43 PM
It's really vulgar but here is the rest after the "kiss what's under there" part:

Eat, bite, butt-f--k, gobble, nibble, chew,
Nipple, pu*sy, hair-pie finger-f--k, screw,
Moose sh*t, cat putter, orangutang tit,
We are the mighty Bison. SIOUX SUCK SH*T!

That is the rest of the full version! GO BISON!

That ^ aint correct (in fact, not even close), unless the song/chant has been changed dramatically in the last 15 years or so.

TheBisonator
01-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Ok. Lets cut to the chase:

Bison once! Bison twice! - holy jumpin' jahosafice!
ahhhh sh!t, ***k sucker m***** *****r spit tobacco chew
We're the mighty Bison who the **** are you!

Basically correct with the version I was taught in 2004, although "jumpin" is replaced with "jack", and "spit" tobacco chew is replaced with "sweet" tobacco chew.

I understand different people on campus sing it a teeny bit differently. Basically a case of purple monkey dishwasher telephone throughout the years caused that.

AjaxTheMighty
01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
That was our chant back in the late 90s when I attended. It seems it has morphed.

Hammersmith
01-17-2011, 10:20 PM
The band had at least one more verse after ming's version at one point. All of Bison Once was being cracked down on when I joined and it was only chanted by the oldest band members under their breath, so I was never able to totally learn it.

Our second verse went something like:

rat$&!t bat$&!t dirty old tw@t
69 douche-bag tied in a knot
masturbate fornicate give the man a shoe(?)
we're the mighty Bison, butt-f%^^ the sioux

The "give a man a shoe" thing doesn't make much sense, so that's probably something I heard wrong.

tony
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
I only heard NodakRalph's version during the '80s but then I was not in the band.

IBleedYellow
01-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Heard the students singing this on the UND vs NDSU home game and couldn't catch the lyrics. Glad to grab them now!

onbison09
01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Heard the students singing this on the UND vs NDSU home game and couldn't catch the lyrics. Glad to grab them now!

The Nazis didn't say anything?

IndyBison
01-18-2011, 06:50 PM
The band had at least one more verse after ming's version at one point. All of Bison Once was being cracked down on when I joined and it was only chanted by the oldest band members under their breath, so I was never able to totally learn it.

Our second verse went something like:

rat$&!t bat$&!t dirty old tw@t
69 douche-bag tied in a knot
masturbate fornicate give the man a shoe(?)
we're the mighty Bison, butt-f%^^ the sioux

The "give a man a shoe" thing doesn't make much sense, so that's probably something I heard wrong.
I remember it as "give the man a chew". Goes along with the other verse of "sweet tobacco chew".

I too remember the pep band getting quieted at basketball game but the "alternative" band playing at club hockey games. They were not regulated and technically not an official part of the game so they could do whatever they wanted.

CAS4127
01-18-2011, 06:54 PM
None of the above are what was "sang" in the locker room by the FB team after, and only after, a win.

BlueBisonRock
01-18-2011, 07:18 PM
None of the above are what was "sang" in the locker room by the FB team after, and only after, a win.

We are waiting......... :bow:

CAS4127
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
We are waiting......... :bow:

It's a secret society thing, sorry.:D

TransAmBison
01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
He's just not telling because he doesn't know either! :rofl:

TheBisonator
01-18-2011, 09:31 PM

I know what we sang.
:D
(Bison football staff member 2003-2005)

CAS4127
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
He's just not telling because he doesn't know either! :rofl:

It's very close to the below, but not quite. Like I said, it may have changed over the years, but there was not additional verse after this one:

But, I honestly don't feel at liberty to give it out exactly how it was sang. It's a loyalty thing I guess--crucify me if you want, make me ride a horse bareback, or gibble my gobble or whatever, but I can't do it.*

*Note: Some hints here, but that's it.

Tatanka
01-18-2011, 10:42 PM
It's very close to the below, but not quite. Like I said, it may have changed over the years, but there was not additional verse after this one:

But, I honestly don't feel at liberty to give it out exactly how it was sang. It's a loyalty thing I guess--crucify me if you want, make me ride a horse bareback, or gibble my gobble or whatever, but I can't do it.*

*Note: Some hints here, but that's it.

Yep, as suspected. can't remember.