PDA

View Full Version : DJ McNorton-One Of The Most Electrifying RB In The History NDSU.

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
For the last 4 years I've been trying to figure out what was the problem most of bisonville had with DJ running style? After a little research it wasn't hard to figure it out. Everyone wants to say how much DJ has developed over the last 4yrs. I say, Bullsh-t !!!! The only thing that has changed is, he's bigger, stronger and faster. All the dancing and jiving most of you were talking about; he's still doing it. DJ has danced and jived his way to a 1559yd rushing, 433yd rec. and 19 TDS seasonJust go back and look at his hi-light tape from highschool,on his myspace page. What most of you called dancing and jiving, is really called patience. Patiences is what has made DJ the rb he is today. DJ has learned alot of things from some of the great rb's before him; but running the ball was not one of them. DJ is what most coaches or anybody who knows anything about playing rb, is called a complete RB. The samething on his highschool hi-light tape, is what the bison nation saw last year. Last year was a lot like his Jr.year in highschool; no one thought he could put up the numbers he did. After the 2010 season; the writting is on the wall and the record books are going to be rewritten in 2011. Can you say, MVC Champs, Play-off bound, National Champs, 1st team all-MVC conference, FCS-1st team All American, NFL Draft pick. Is it to early to say; ONE OF NDSU's GREATEST RB's. Just remember, you heard it first from the Ol Ball COACH.

Yellow
01-09-2011, 07:37 PM
The only thing that has changed is, he's bigger, stronger and faster.

Isnt that pretty much everything? I have been a DJ fan since he has joined the Bison. I am glad he has turned out to be one of the best backs in the league. Here's to DJ having a monster senior season!

EndZoneQB
01-09-2011, 07:42 PM
DJ is vastly better than when he came here. He has break away ability because he has enhanced his speed. He hits holes with authority(TWSS?), gets to the 2nd level and THEN makes a move. Before, he was making a bunch of moves before heading towards the LOS. Once he gets to the second level, he IS special...and he is getting there more than he was his first 2 years. I have been VERY impressed with his improvements here. It's a credit to his hard work(I've heard he's one of the hardest workers on the team) and the coaching staff for giving him the tools to succeed.

silkamilkamonico
01-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I totally agree and I've been saying this since the beginning of the year. People want to compare RB's, and the impact that players like Roehl, Paschel, Steffes had on the team. They are all outstanding players in the history of NDSU football. McNorton is another outstanding player in the history of NDSU.

I'm noty going to compare the players individually. Each one has a different set of circumstances they had to work with. McNorton absolutely flourished, in a season where NDSU did not have much of any QB/passing help whatsoever. He flourished in a season where our oline wasn't among the better ones in the programs history, and struggled and was downright bad earlier in the year.

He's also a great all around back, and a home run waiting to happen. I cannot remember a RB after the option years who had as many big plays as McNorton has.

He is one of my favorite all time NDSu players, and IMHO among the best RB's in the programs history, along with guys like Gordon, Roehl, Steffes, Paschell, etc...

perthbison
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I was thirilled to see the screen type pass plays using DJ in the playoffs. It'll give the defense fits if they don't know if he'll be used as a runner or receiver. I think they should work him into the passing game more next year.:nod:

silkamilkamonico
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
DJ is vastly better than when he came here. He has break away ability because he has enhanced his speed. He hits holes with authority(TWSS?), gets to the 2nd level and THEN makes a move. Before, he was making a bunch of moves before heading towards the LOS. Once he gets to the second level, he IS special...and he is getting there more than he was his first 2 years. I have been VERY impressed with his improvements here. It's a credit to his hard work(I've heard he's one of the hardest workers on the team) and the coaching staff for giving him the tools to succeed.

Every single RB to ever come to NDSU was vastly better in their Junior year then when they first come here. I'm not aiming this at you, but in general, i do not understand why people try and argue this when arguing against DJ, and people have throughout the year.

I agree with everything you have said about DJ's progress and development throughout his time at NDSU, FWIW.

Gully
01-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Every single RB to ever come to NDSU was vastly better in their Junior year then when they first come here. I'm not aiming this at you, but in general, i do not understand why people try and argue this when arguing against DJ, and people have throughout the year.

I agree with everything you have said about DJ's progress and development throughout his time at NDSU, FWIW.

Who is arguing against DJ in this thread, or at all lately?

silkamilkamonico
01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Who is arguing against DJ in this thread, or at all lately?

Nobody I hope. i would imagine anyone arguing against DJ is a flat out football moron.

Gully
01-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Nobody I hope. i would imagine anyone arguing against DJ is a flat out football moron.

So what was your point on your earlier post?

silkamilkamonico
01-09-2011, 08:08 PM
So what was your point on your earlier post?

There was a thread floating around earlier in the year (middle of the season) about how good McNorton was, especially in comparison with past RB's. There was a good majority of people beating old ball coach up about about his opinion because they were arguing, despite how well Mcnorton was playing this year, that he was not in the same level of Paschell or Roehl only because McNorton was not a great RB in his freshman season. The ironic thing about that was they were conveniently leaving out the fact that both Roehl and Paschell didn't do anything their freshman season either.

If you want you could probably preview ol ball coach's past posts and find the thread. I don't remember exactly but there was alot of people that were finding reasons to bring McNorton down in that thread. I think the thread just got out of hand from both sides of the argument.

lakesbison
01-09-2011, 08:17 PM
O.b.c & Lakes. Pimpin Dj Circa 2007!!!! Since Day 1 !!

stevdock
01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I have nothing against DJ, but I'd like to see a repeat or better performance next season before we start talking about him joining a list of historic RB's at NDSU.

Gully
01-09-2011, 09:30 PM
There was a thread floating around earlier in the year (middle of the season) about how good McNorton was, especially in comparison with past RB's. There was a good majority of people beating old ball coach up about about his opinion because they were arguing, despite how well Mcnorton was playing this year, that he was not in the same level of Paschell or Roehl only because McNorton was not a great RB in his freshman season. The ironic thing about that was they were conveniently leaving out the fact that both Roehl and Paschell didn't do anything their freshman season either.

If you want you could probably preview ol ball coach's past posts and find the thread. I don't remember exactly but there was alot of people that were finding reasons to bring McNorton down in that thread. I think the thread just got out of hand from both sides of the argument.

Well I think Roehl played fullback for his first two years so it's pretty tough to compare that.

Herd
01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
DJ is certainly one of the post complete and diverse back we've ever seen.

Pass catcher, Inside Runner, Outside Runner, Breakaway speed, Power Runner and most importantly a very good teammate.

HerdBot
01-09-2011, 09:42 PM
He's great and were lucky to have him but I think he needs 1 more great year before we declare him the most electifying back in Bison history. On paper he's had 1 great year but I think he has the potential to be the best in history. He needs to make an NFL roster first like many Bison players have. Im a huge fan of DJ.

lakesbison
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Gabe. Aka mplsbison, says ONE OF THE .....READ. GEESH

stevdock
01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Gabe. Aka mplsbison, says ONE OF THE .....READ. GEESH

And what's wrong with asking to see it one more year?? He's done it once. I would need to see it again before I put him up there with some of the great back we have had. If NDSU were a normal school it'd be fine to only have to see it once, but considering all the RB's we've had, you've got to do it more than once to be considered among the greats at this school.

Trampled
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Roehl only had 1 great year.

silkamilkamonico
01-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Well I think Roehl played fullback for his first two years so it's pretty tough to compare that.

That only validates how absurd of an argument it is to try and downplay a player because he wasn't outstanding in his first season.

AEBison1998
01-09-2011, 10:34 PM
DJ has also stayed healthy. I think because he is shifty. You can't be great if you don't play. I like that about DJ.

He is WAY faster. This year that turned the 10 yard runs into 40 yard runs.

HerdBot
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Roehl only had 1 great year.

Roehl rushed for 1,000 yards 2 years in a row.

EndZoneQB
01-09-2011, 10:41 PM
DJ has also stayed healthy. I think because he is shifty. You can't be great if you don't play. I like that about DJ.

He is WAY faster. This year that turned the 10 yard runs into 40 yard runs.

Like I said earlier, I think his biggest improvement has been hitting the hole FIRST, THEN dancing at the 2nd level. He is downright dangerous at the second level of defense. And like you referenced, his speed has increased dramatically, that turns the 10-30yard runs into to home runs we saw this year.

DjKyRo
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Like I said earlier, I think his biggest improvement has been hitting the hole FIRST, THEN dancing at the 2nd level. He is downright dangerous at the second level of defense. And like you referenced, his speed has increased dramatically, that turns the 10-30yard runs into to home runs we saw this year.

Imagine if he hits the trainer hard this spring and can gain a step. DJ has been awesome, can't wait to see what he can do as a senior and with the supporting case he has. A (hopefully) improved passing game should benefit him greatly as well.

HerdBot
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Imagine if he hits the trainer hard this spring and can gain a step. DJ has been awesome, can't wait to see what he can do as a senior and with the supporting case he has. A (hopefully) improved passing game should benefit him greatly as well.

Oh yeah! Let's hope he can even get better.

KilldeerBison
01-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I think there is alot to like about DJ. One I'll point out, he has great ball security, no turn overs. Go get'em DJ!!

unbison
01-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Dj is a complete back period end of story!

Mr. Burgundy
01-10-2011, 12:43 AM
awesome everyone agrees.

BisoninNWMN
01-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Proved me wrong!

If we can get a passing game going, DJ might get over 2000 yds....:D

Herd Mentality
01-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Yay! :banghead:

HerdBot
01-10-2011, 04:18 AM

Yep. He now hits the hole, runs people over, and then makes everyone miss in the open field and changes direction without losing speed with joystick like precision. He's the best receiving back we've had in ages. He protects the ball and has great vision. I hope he can continue to improve his game because I would love to see him get drafted. Im not talking 7th round either. Hes every bit as talented as lamar gordon who was a 4TH round pick. I think he's NFL caliber. A Championship would raise his profile.

EndZoneQB
01-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Yep. He now hits the hole, runs people over, and then makes everyone miss in the open field and changes direction without losing speed with joystick like precision. He's the best receiving back we've had in ages. He protects the ball and has great vision. I hope he can continue to improve his game because I would love to see him get drafted. Im not talking 7th round either. Hes every bit as talented as lamar gordon who was a 4TH round pick. I think he's NFL caliber. A Championship would raise his profile.

Gordon was a lot taller than DJ, and it was the 3rd round.

HerdBot
01-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Gordon was a lot taller than DJ, and it was the 3rd round.

Interesting I found Lamar's official combine info... He ran a 4.55 even this year it would have been the 9th fastest 40 time by a runing back but sometimes the big names don't compete for fear of running a slow time. His broad jump was an inch further than Pat Paschal. But his vertical jump was 4-1/2 inches lower than Pat Paschal, who had the 4th best in the combine. I think the NFL looks at combine numbers more than they did 10 years ago.

LAMAR

Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
6 ft 0⅝ in 215 lb 4.55 s 1.63 s 2.61 s 34 in 9 ft 11 in 16 rep

Combine http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?tabIndex=6#tp-tab-set-1:tp-grid-container-forty-yard-dash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Gordon

But Tyler Roehl stood out...

Best 40 time was 4.49 slowest 4.63 average 4.54 (Steven Jackson 4.55)
Bench press 30 times which would have easily been #1 (would have been #1 in RB, WR, TE, QB, S and would have been near the top for linebackers. He was putting up numbers similar to lineman!)
10 yard split faster than lamar
20 yard split 1 tenth of a second slower than lamar
7th best 20 yard shuffle in the combine (faster than paschal)
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=80553&draftyear=2009&genpos=RB

His broad jump, vertical, and 3 cone was sort of slow but he weighed 233 lbs.

Roehl is ten times the athlete that Vikings RB Toby Gerhart is. It's a shame that schmuck is on an NFL roster and Tyler had to blow his knee out.

Hopefully Roehl's workout warrier mentality rubs off on everyone! Glad to see him coach!

unbison
01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Ten time the athlete.....wtf.....planet earth calling

HerdBot
01-10-2011, 02:53 PM

Roehl is stronger, faster, and quicker than Toby Gerhart. Just look at the combine. Of course when he tried out for the Vikes he didn't make the team even though they run a similar offense at NDSU. Gerhart was total bust and Roehl would have been better.

bisonsupporter
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Roehl is stronger, faster, and quicker than Toby Gerhart. Just look at the combine. Of course when he tried out for the Vikes he didn't make the team even though they run a similar offense at NDSU. Gerhart was total bust and Roehl would have been better.

A bust? He has only played one season. Bigger, stronger, faster does not always make someone a NFL star. I wish Roehl would have been healthy enough to make a serious run at a NFL career.

Notorious
01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
For the last 4 years I've been trying to figure out what was the problem most of bisonville had with DJ running style? After a little research it wasn't hard to figure it out. Everyone wants to say how much DJ has developed over the last 4yrs. I say, Bullsh-t !!!! The only thing that has changed is, he's bigger, stronger and faster. All the dancing and jiving most of you were talking about; he's still doing it. DJ has danced and jived his way to a 1559yd rushing, 433yd rec. and 19 TDS seasonJust go back and look at his hi-light tape from highschool,on his myspace page. What most of you called dancing and jiving, is really called patience. Patiences is what has made DJ the rb he is today. DJ has learned alot of things from some of the great rb's before him; but running the ball was not one of them. DJ is what most coaches or anybody who knows anything about playing rb, is called a complete RB. The samething on his highschool hi-light tape, is what the bison nation saw last year. Last year was a lot like his Jr.year in highschool; no one thought he could put up the numbers he did. After the 2010 season; the writting is on the wall and the record books are going to be rewritten in 2011. Can you say, MVC Champs, Play-off bound, National Champs, 1st team all-MVC conference, FCS-1st team All American, NFL Draft pick. Is it to early to say; ONE OF NDSU's GREATEST RB's. Just remember, you heard it first from the Ol Ball COACH.

This is a little over-the-top...

With that said, DJ is a very good back, and I'm looking forward watching him next year.

semobison
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Gabe, your enthusiasm, and dedication to Bison football sometimes skews reality just a little bit! But hey, thats ok!

steelbison
01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Gabe, your enthusiasm, and dedication to Bison football sometimes skews reality just a little bit! But hey, thats ok!

That's being generous!! lol

BisoninNWMN
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Agreed.

Roehl is a better RB than Toby. Toby has only 1 year under his belt but IMO, he will not be on any NFL roster in a couple of years. Watching Toby this year, Tyler is a better RB, but his knee probably ruined his chances.

Man, 30 reps at 225 is unheard of for a RB. Not many lineman can do better and most are 75-100 lbs heavier.

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2011, 06:44 PM

Utterly ridiculous. I know we want to be loyal to our NDSU players but this thread has gone absurd.

LMAO

bisonhusker
01-10-2011, 06:45 PM
I need to stop reading this thread. People are comparing a completely healthy Tyler Roehl from like 4 years ago to a kid who was a ROOKIE in the NFL. Yes, the National Football League. He was going up against NFL players, not kids from Illinois State. Toby is a freak. He was draft in baseball and was a star in 2 spots at Stanford....which is in the Pac 10. Yes, a jump in competition level.

How did Toby do at Stanford in his last year? Oh wait, he was a complete FREAK. Anyone want to compare stats between his last year and Tyler's last year? WOW. It is amazing we have to read this stuff....or better year fans of other teams read this stuff and just have to laugh their butt's off. Keep in mind, I am a HUGE Tyler Roehl fan, he was one of the greats, and what he did against the Gophers was a highlight of our transition, but lets not go nuts.

Feel free to look up the stats. I don't need to, because I am not batshitcrazy.

bisonhusker
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
2009 343 1871 5.5 61 27 11 157 14.3 33 0 0 0

Curiousity was killing me. Those are his stats from 2009.

343 carries, 1871 yards (average of 5.5 yards) and 27 TD's. Zero fumbles. Caught 11 passes for 157 yards.

Not a bad little season. Enough to get him runner up Heisman votes.

EndZoneQB
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Agreed.

Roehl is a better RB than Toby. Toby has only 1 year under his belt but IMO, he will not be on any NFL roster in a couple of years. Watching Toby this year, Tyler is a better RB, but his knee probably ruined his chances.

Man, 30 reps at 225 is unheard of for a RB. Not many lineman can do better and most are 75-100 lbs heavier.

You're kidding right? Did Roehl even put up comparable numbers playing down a division?

EDIT: Damnit, you beat me to it!

Scooter1
01-10-2011, 07:12 PM
For the last 4 years I've been trying to figure out what was the problem most of bisonville had with DJ running style? After a little research it wasn't hard to figure it out. Everyone wants to say how much DJ has developed over the last 4yrs. I say, Bullsh-t !!!! The only thing that has changed is, he's bigger, stronger and faster. All the dancing and jiving most of you were talking about; he's still doing it. DJ has danced and jived his way to a 1559yd rushing, 433yd rec. and 19 TDS seasonJust go back and look at his hi-light tape from highschool,on his myspace page. What most of you called dancing and jiving, is really called patience. Patiences is what has made DJ the rb he is today. DJ has learned alot of things from some of the great rb's before him; but running the ball was not one of them. DJ is what most coaches or anybody who knows anything about playing rb, is called a complete RB. The samething on his highschool hi-light tape, is what the bison nation saw last year. Last year was a lot like his Jr. year in highschool; no one thought he could put up the numbers he did. After the 2010 season; the writting is on the wall and the record books are going to be rewritten in 2011. Can you say, MVC Champs, Play-off bound, National Champs, 1st team all-MVC conference, FCS-1st team All American, NFL Draft pick. Is it to early to say; ONE OF NDSU's GREATEST RB's. Just remember, you heard it first from the Ol Ball COACH.

God, you leave for a day or two...

Are you for real, Ol' Ball Coach? The thread is titled properly, then the post gets well, let's say objectivity gets thrown out the door.

You actually had a had a hard time trying to figure out what was the problem people had with DJ's running style? DJ's style when he got here is much different than the style he had last year. I remember watching him when he was a freshman back. I saw a lot of potential and stated so. However, DJ "dance and jived" behind the line of scrimmage when it wasn't necessary. Quite often until the hole was closed. Most of DJ's problem back then weren't his fault due to the speed of the game and prior mental conditioning. If you watch his high school YouTube video you see a very elusive back that needed to make those cuts because the defense always seemed to be in the backfield. This wasn't the case his freshman year, but he had conditioned himself to hesitate in the expectation of making the cuts and it was costing him. Any amount of unbiased research will show you that. Fans were seeing the holes but DJ was late hitting them. BTW Voitlander was not late hitting them. (I am not a Voitlander > McNorton fan, never have been, never will be)

DJ hasn't developed as a back over the last four years?!? I have a hard time believing that you truly believe this. You say you are a retired coach, if you were a coach and can't see the growth.....wow, is all I can say. It's one thing to be a fan of someone but quite another to try and rewrite history and then try to pass it off as fact to those that were actually there. Bullshit, will be called every time. You state that he is bigger, faster and stronger but he hasn't changed?!? Well, that's just idiotic. DJ's biggest change has been his ability to use his blocker more effectively. This is something that he has developed at NDSU and it comes with maturity. I would say that DJ's maturity is one of the biggest factors which is directly influnced by the people around him. (I mean the coaches at NDSU)

Weren't you the guy that stated that if DJ didn't play as a true freshman he would be gone? How did that one work out? DJ had two backs ahead of him when he was a freshman that were MUCH better than he was at the time. Both got shots in the NFL. One even got a second and third shot because he was so good. (injuries suck) Everyone saw the potential this kid had (less one guy or two guys out of 300) and everyone is delighted that DJ has grown into a back who is capable of taking over a game. I'm delighted that we have this kid for another year and he may yet take his place as one of the Bison greats. I think he will.

Retired Ol' Ball Coach
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
God, you leave for a day or two...

Are you for real, Ol' Ball Coach? The thread is titled properly, then the post gets well, let's say objectivity gets thrown out the door.

You actually had a had a hard time trying to figure out what was the problem people had with DJ's running style? DJ's style when he got here is much different than the style he had last year. I remember watching him when he was a freshman back. I saw a lot of potential and stated so. However, DJ "dance and jived" behind the line of scrimmage when it wasn't necessary. Quite often until the hole was closed. Most of DJ's problem back then weren't his fault due to the speed of the game and prior mental conditioning. If you watch his high school YouTube video you see a very elusive back that needed to make those cuts because the defense always seemed to be in the backfield. This wasn't the case his freshman year, but he had conditioned himself to hesitate in the expectation of making the cuts and it was costing him. Any amount of unbiased research will show you that. Fans were seeing the holes but DJ was late hitting them. BTW Voitlander was not late hitting them. (I am not a Voitlander > McNorton fan, never have been, never will be)

DJ hasn't developed as a back over the last four years?!? I have a hard time believing that you truly believe this. You say you are a retired coach, if you were a coach and can't see the growth.....wow, is all I can say. It's one thing to be a fan of someone but quite another to try and rewrite history and then try to pass it off as fact to those that were actually there. Bullshit, will be called every time. You state that he is bigger, faster and stronger but he hasn't changed?!? Well, that's just idiotic. DJ's biggest change has been his ability to use his blocker more effectively. This is something that he has developed at NDSU and it comes with maturity. I would say that DJ's maturity is one of the biggest factors which is directly influnced by the people around him. (I mean the coaches at NDSU)

Weren't you the guy that stated that if DJ didn't play as a true freshman he would be gone? How did that one work out? DJ had two backs ahead of him when he was a freshman that were MUCH better than he was at the time. Both got shots in the NFL. One even got a second and third shot because he was so good. (injuries suck) Everyone saw the potential this kid had (less one guy or two guys out of 300) and everyone is delighted that DJ has grown into a back who is capable of taking over a game. I'm delighted that we have this kid for another year and he may yet take his place as one of the Bison greats. I think he will.If you ever played the game, you would know what i was talking about. Somethings you just can't teach a kid, and running the ball is one of them. I see you didn't watch the hi-light tape. DJ ability to follow and set up his blocker is something he's been doing since pee wee football. Watch the tape, and watch him set up his blocker. what you saw last year, was just a taste of what this kid can do.The more times DJ touch the ball the strong he get's. One on one, in space; almost un-stop-able!!!!!!!!!!!

Notorious
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
If you ever played the game, you would know what i was talking about. Somethings you just can't teach a kid, and running the ball is one of them. I see you didn't watch the hi-light tape. DJ ability to follow and set up his blocker is something he's been doing since pee wee football. Watch the tape, and watch him set up his blocker. what you saw last year, was just a taste of what this kid can do.The more times DJ touch the ball the strong he get's. One on one, in space; almost un-stop-able!!!!!!!!!!!

But, is he the next Marques DuPree, or Jarvis Redwine?

Scooter1
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
If you ever played the game, you would know what i was talking about. Somethings you just can't teach a kid, and running the ball is one of them. I see you didn't watch the hi-light tape. DJ ability to follow and set up his blocker is something he's been doing since pee wee football. Watch the tape, and watch him set up his blocker. what you saw last year, was just a taste of what this kid can do.The more times DJ touch the ball the strong he get's. One on one, in space; almost un-stop-able!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do some posters when they are basically "boxed" in a discussion come back with ..."if you ever played the game" defense? What is next...I'm rubber you are glue defense?

Stay retired, Tired Ol' Ball Coach.

HerdBot
01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I need to stop reading this thread. People are comparing a completely healthy Tyler Roehl from like 4 years ago to a kid who was a ROOKIE in the NFL. Yes, the National Football League. He was going up against NFL players, not kids from Illinois State. Toby is a freak. He was draft in baseball and was a star in 2 spots at Stanford....which is in the Pac 10. Yes, a jump in competition level.

How did Toby do at Stanford in his last year? Oh wait, he was a complete FREAK. Anyone want to compare stats between his last year and Tyler's last year? WOW. It is amazing we have to read this stuff....or better year fans of other teams read this stuff and just have to laugh their butt's off. Keep in mind, I am a HUGE Tyler Roehl fan, he was one of the greats, and what he did against the Gophers was a highlight of our transition, but lets not go nuts.

Feel free to look up the stats. I don't need to, because I am not batshitcrazy.

Plug Roehl into Gerharts spot and he would have put up better numbers. Hes flat out better and would have broken more long runs. Gerhart has terrible vision and that was
Roehls strong suit. Watching him run for the Vikings is frustrating. I stand by my statement. Could care less what people think. They are the same people that predicted we couldn't compete with FBS teams.

CAS4127
01-10-2011, 08:42 PM

I beg to differ. You can teach any kid to "run the ball" you just can't teach instinct, but you can even improve that. Also, like Scooter posted, DJ WAS CONDITIONED to dance and jive, but he developed enough this year to get away from that, at least to a fairly decent extent, but he still does it because it is engrained into his mind. Hopefully he and the coaches continue to work on that over the off-season. He also developed into a more physcical type of runner. Not saying Roehl physical, but way more than the old DJ "physical", and was much more fun to watch, and more effective, down the stretch this year after the D & J was reduced and he became more physical. I still say he is every bit as good as EWU's Jones, in that Jones may be a little faster, but DJ has better open field moves and is more physical--they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. Oh, and BTW, you don't have to hyphenate unstopable!!:D

BisoninNWMN
01-10-2011, 08:52 PM
You're kidding right? Did Roehl even put up comparable numbers playing down a division?

EDIT: Damnit, you beat me to it!

Hey buddy it's called an opinion.

If Gerhart is in the league in 3-4 yrs, I'll be very surprised.

Tyler had a "tweeked" ankle the whole season after the CCU game. That hampered him his whole senior season.

I was looking at combine stats with the 2.

With Tyler's awesome physical strength, I thought another 10-15 lbs and he would have been one hell-of a FB in the NFL.

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Plug Roehl into Gerharts spot and he would have put up better numbers. Hes flat out better and would have broken more long runs. Gerhart has terrible vision and that was
Roehls strong suit. Watching him run for the Vikings is frustrating. I stand by my statement. Could care less what people think. They are the same people that predicted we couldn't compete with FBS teams.

Gerhart has excellent vision. You clearly did not watch any Stanford games. Sorry, I love Roehl, but Gerhart >>>>Reohl, and then some.

The Lost Dutchman
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM

Clearly the Green and Gold Glasses are strong on this one........

DjKyRo
01-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Gerhart put up Heisman numbers in the Pac-10. Not to hate on my boy Tyler Roehl but don't know that he'd have that kind of success.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Gerhart has excellent vision. You clearly did not watch any Stanford games. Sorry, I love Roehl, but Gerhart >>>>Reohl, and then some.

Have you watched the Vikings games? Terrible vision.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Gerhart put up Heisman numbers in the Pac-10. Not to hate on my boy Tyler Roehl but don't know that he'd have that kind of success.

I hear ya but if the crux of your argument is because he played in the Pac 10 there is no chance any NDSU player will do much. You could have plugged DJ, Paschall, or Roehl into that offense and they would have had just as much success. Gerhart is a bust for a high pick and he should have been drafted where Roehl is. Is there ANYONE who is happy with Gerharts production as a Viking? His season highlight was a key fumble vs the Packers. Averaged just over 3 yards a carry starting.

Roehl is bigger, stronger, quicker, and faster. He went under the radar because they don't recruits West Fargo. Given the opportunity Roehl would have done just as well..Stanford gets more press. Those are facts. Not rose colored glasses.

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Have you watched the Vikings games? Terrible vision.

If NFL Gerhart has terrible vision, than NFL Roehl has no vision, thus, Gerhart >>>Roehl, and then some.

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 01:35 AM
I hear ya but if the crux of your argument is because he played in the Pac 10 there is no chance any NDSU player will do much. You could have plugged DJ, Paschall, or Roehl into that offense and they would have had just as much success. Gerhart is a bust for a high pick and he should have been drafted where Roehl is. Is there ANYONE who is happy with Gerharts production as a Viking? His season highlight was a key fumble vs the Packers. Averaged just over 3 yards a carry starting.

Roehl is bigger, stronger, quicker, and faster. He went under the radar because they don't recruits West Fargo. Given the opportunity Roehl would have done just as good.

What they do in the NFL is irrelevant. At least Gerhart was an NFL prospect, where Roehl really wasn't.

The argument of insinuating an NDSU player couldn't do what Gerhart did in the PAC 10 is irrelevant, unless you are actually insinuating that FCS defenses are just as strong as PAC 10 defenses, which is absurd. You aren't really trying to argue that are you?

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 01:42 AM
What they do in the NFL is irrelevant. At least Gerhart was an NFL prospect, where Roehl really wasn't.

The argument of insinuating an NDSU player couldn't do what Gerhart did in the PAC 10 is irrelevant, unless you are actually insinuating that FCS defenses are just as strong as PAC 10 defenses, which is absurd. You aren't really trying to argue that are you?

Its exposure. Everyone knows Stanford. nobody knew NDSU at the time. We were a transitioning team. Had Roehl been offered Stanford and redshirted he would have been a stud.

So your saying Roehl was good enough to be drafted in the NFL and make the team but not good enough to start for Stanford? Busts happen.

Roehs knee prevented a legit career in Seattle.

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Its exposure. Everyone knows Stanford. nobody knew NDSU at the time. We were a transitioning team. Had Roehl been offered Stanford and redshirted he would have been a stud.

So your saying Roehl was good enough to be drafted in the NFL and make the team but not good enough to start for Stanford? Busts happen.

Roehs knee prevented a legit career in Seattle.

You're basing your arguments on "ifs". That's your problem. If Toby Gerhat didn't blow his knee out in his sophomore season, maybe he would have been the next Jim Brown. I can play that game of ifs too.

The problem with your argument, is you are saying Gerhart sucks because he is sturggling as an NFL rookie, and compeltely ignoring the fact that he was one of all of college's best RB's. Darren McFadden struggled as an NFL rookie too. BTW, Gerhart is averaging 4.0 ypc in the NFL, which is better than the NFL average. These are not "ifs", these are "facts".

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 01:52 AM
You're basing your arguments on "ifs". That's your problem. If Toby Gerhat didn't blow his knee out in his sophomore season, maybe he would have been the next Jim Brown. I can play that game of ifs too.

The problem with your argument, is you are saying Gerhart sucks because he is sturggling as an NFL rookie, and compeltely ignoring the fact that he was one of all of college's best RB's. Darren McFadden struggled as an NFL rookie too. BTW, Gerhart is averaging 4.0 ypc in the NFL, which is better than the NFL average. These are not "ifs", these are "facts".

Ill say this much. I could never prove my theory. Its just something you know. Kind of like in the 80's everyone said the Bison could beat the Gophers as a D2 team. Could never prove it. Of course we found out any NCC team can beat the Gophers! Heck now were expected to beat those teams. I watch a lot of football and I know Roehl is as good as Gerhart. Can't prove it.

Not 4 ypc in games be started.

Edit. Well have to agree to disagree.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 01:56 AM

Ill say this much. I could never prove my theory. Its just something you know. Kind of like in the 80's everyone said the Bison could beat the Gophers as a D2 team. Could never prove it. Of course we found out any NCC team can beat the Gophers! Heck now were expected to beat those teams.

Its like arguing with Kansas fans before we played them. I guaranteed we would be competitive. Could I back it up with facts? No we were 3-8. But I was right.

Toby did not ave 4 ypc in games he started.

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Ill say this much. I could never prove my theory. Its just something you know. Kind of like in the 80's everyone said the Bison could beat the Gophers as a D2 team. Could never prove it. Of course we found out any NCC team can beat the Gophers! Heck now were expected to beat those teams.

Not 4 ypc in games be started.

Toby Gerhart averages more yards per carry than the average NFL rush. It is sad though, if Gerhart didn't blow his knee out in his sophmore season, he would be even better than Jim Brown.

As far as Tyler Roehl goes, he was a great football player for NDSU that prospered in a system where every RB was explosive because they ahd the privelage of playing with Steve Walker, and argubaly the best oline that NDSU had in the transition to division 1. Even Pat Paschell average 6.3 ypc that year. Easy for RB's when the defense can't put more than 6-7 players in the box because of the QB.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Toby Gerhart averages more yards per carry than the average NFL rush. It is sad though, if Gerhart didn't blow his knee out in his sophmore season, he would be even better than Jim Brown.

As far as Tyler Roehl goes, he was a great football player for NDSU that prospered in a system where every RB was explosive because they ahd the privelage of playing with Steve Walker, and argubaly the best oline that NDSU had in the transition to division 1. Even Pat Paschell average 6.3 ypc that year. Easy for RB's when the defense can't put more than 6-7 players in the box because of the QB.

Walker was great but defenses always stopped the run first back then. They were never in nickel against us. The difference is Walker just made them pay. We ran the exact same offense. Better execution.

Gerheart better than Jim Brown?

The Lost Dutchman
01-11-2011, 02:19 AM

Its like arguing with Kansas fans before we played them. I guaranteed we would be competitive. Could I back it up with facts? No we were 3-8. But I was right.

Toby did not ave 4 ypc in games he started.

It's almost like trying to make the argument that Jeff Bentrim was way better then Joe Montana and had Bentrim played for the 49'ers they would have won 6 more super bowls. Can't back it up with facts or anything else for that matter, but I can say it right?

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2011, 02:47 AM

Are you serious?

Jim Brown is the best RB probably in the history of American football. Plus he retired from the NFL in his prime (29).

Comparing Gerhart to him is a stretch....big one!

Gerhart was a good college RB.....NFL RB, we'll see.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 02:48 AM
It's almost like trying to make the argument that Jeff Bentrim was way better then Joe Montana and had Bentrim played for the 49'ers they would have won 6 more super bowls. Can't back it up with facts or anything else for that matter, but I can say it right?

No because your putting Toby Gerhart on the same level as Joe Montana. Im comparing Roehl to Gerhart. Gerhart wont be on a team in 3 years. Roehl, even if healthy, probably wouldn't have lasted 3 years either.

I think Gerhart sucks. Bentrim couldn't throw. Montana is a HOFer.
Edit. Bentrim was being recruited as a running back and would have been a terrible passing NFL Qb.
:)

steelbison
01-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Are you serious?

Jim Brown is the best RB probably in the history of American football. Plus he retired from the NFL in his prime (29).

Comparing Gerhart to him is a stretch....big one!

Gerhart was a good college RB.....NFL RB, we'll see.

Sarcasm...basically he's making the same outrageous comparision as you two are.

Don't you get it....

Herd Mentality
01-11-2011, 03:01 AM
So how long did we go without another one of these "we should all worship DJ threads"? Will coach retire from the board after next year? Or every time NDSU has a new starting running back will he chime in to inform us that DJ is better?

Last time I checked the strength of the Bison is the HERD. Go team.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Sarcasm...basically he's making the same outrageous comparision as you two are.

Don't you get it....

Not outrageous at all. Everyone assumes I think Roehl would've been a hall of famer when in fact I don't think he would of been a very good. My point is that gerhard sucks. Hi Tyler just sucks a little less. Gearheart is going to go down as 1 of the biggest bust in minnesota viking history

EndZoneQB
01-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Not outrageous at all. Everyone assumes I think Roehl would've been a hall of famer when in fact I don't think he would of been a very good. My point is that gerhard sucks. Hi Tyler just sucks a little less. Gearheart is going to go down as 1 of the biggest bust in minnesota viking history

You need to quit jerking off to Roehl when type, you spell Gerhart's name differently every post(or multiple times a post). I thought it was a bit, but every once in awhile you spell it correctly. Get your hands outta your pants.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 03:21 AM
You need to quit jerking off to Roehl when type, you spell Gerhart's name differently every post(or multiple times a post). I thought it was a bit, but every once in awhile you spell it correctly. Get your hands outta your pants.

Voice typing in my cell phone! Like I just said Roehl would have been lucky to last 3 years. If Gebhearts lasts more than 3 its because he was a high pick. Runners with that style rarely make it in the nfl as starters much less day one picks. Big time reach. Should have been day 2 pick.

BlueBisonRock
01-11-2011, 04:31 AM

1999 second round draft choice DIMITRIUS UNDERWOOD drafted right in front of Who Legend JIM KLEINSASSER has this title in the bag. Others considered include 2005 first round choice TROY WILLIAMSON.

Try again.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 05:19 AM
1999 second round draft choise DIMITRIUS UNDERWOOD drafted right in front of Who Legend JIM KLEINSASSER has this title in the bag. Others considered include 2005 first round choice TROY WILLIAMSON.

Try again.

Dimitrius Underwood. Last time I checked he beat up an old lady in a wheel chair and is in the looney bin. Bi Polar or some shit. He was Dennys "Bonus Pick."

Troy Williamson was a huge bust. At least he showed flashes of brilliance. Unfortunately he showed more flashes of mild retardation. But he has played 5 years in the league.

I guess l'll concede they are worse but Gebretheart is still a top 5 bust.

Kleinsasser. He has the agility of a basset hound. He can catch but his weight actually pulls him to the ground or he trips on his own feet. He must have compromising pics of someone. Can't believe he's had this long of a career.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 05:52 AM

Old Ball Coach doesn't believe in the concept of coaching. In his mind DJ was perfect and had no opportunity to improve as a freshman when in reality he wasnt ready. Ironic since he's a "coach!" He also has zero respect for our tradition of running backs.

This is coming from a huge DJ fan! This kid is unreal but it didn't happen overnight.

unbison
01-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Have you speak as though gerheart cost the vikings games.......you are a chad! You yall out your ass all the time and then .....scramble to cover yourself.......toby is gonna be a good nfler.......
As far as old ball coach.....I think you should re read......he said he as progressed on a similar timeline as he did In high school......
Shut it please

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Have you speak as though gerheart cost the vikings games.......you are a chad! You yall out your ass all the time and then .....scramble to cover yourself.......toby is gonna be a good nfler.......
As far as old ball coach.....I think you should re read......he said he as progressed on a similar timeline as he did In high school......
Shut it please

We'll see about that one. Not stuck behind AP for his whole career.

Vikes took Gino Torreta in the 7th round in 93. Heisman winner. College success doesn't always translate into a "good nfler"....

unbison
01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
We'll see about that one. Not stuck behind AP for his whole career.

Vikes took Gino Torreta in the 7th round in 93. Heisman winner. College success doesn't always translate into a "good nfler"....
If you look i didnt say great i said good..... and he did a adequate job this year....hence the good he is far from a bust

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2011, 11:00 AM

System?

West-coast is not a system where you can just put any RB in there and they will automatically prosper. Hell, with that reasoning then why not bring someone in from a nursing home cus they would do just fine....

Tyler had good speed but he was a wrecking ball......235 lb monster that would move into the way of a LBer to hit him. I cannot remember how many times he would have 3-4-5 guys piled on him and he would still be running straight ahead. We had a dual threat in the west-coast those yrs.....a QB that made plays also. Teams couldn't concentrate on one aspect of the offense.

We can get there again this year. Will be fun to watch.

CAS4127
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
No because your putting Toby Gerhart on the same level as Joe Montana. Im comparing Roehl to Gerhart. Gerhart wont be on a team in 3 years. Roehl, even if healthy, probably wouldn't have lasted 3 years either.

Edit. Bentrim was being recruited as a running back and would have been a terrible passing NFL Qb.

You are a braindead fucking idiot, period!!!!!:banghead:

bisonmike2
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
DJ has evolved into a very impressive offensive weapon. As a freshman he wasn't even in the same league as the player he has now become. Add to that, he's a team player who switched sides of the ball to help the team in a time of need, you have a kid who obviously is an amazing leader and someone everyone on the team can strive to emulate. We are very lucky to have him back for one more year. Can't wait to see him carry this team far into the playoffs this fall.

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
DJ has evolved into a very impressive offensive weapon. As a freshman he wasn't even in the same league as the player he has now become. Add to that, he's a team player who switched sides of the ball to help the team in a time of need, you have a kid who obviously is an amazing leader and someone everyone on the team can strive to emulate. We are very lucky to have him back for one more year. Can't wait to see him carry this team far into the playoffs this fall.

Good point!

If we can establish a passing game next year, DJ will have a huge year!

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
If you look i didnt say great i said good..... and he did a adequate job this year....hence the good he is far from a bust

Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I just don't think he will be good or effective in the NFL.

What is your definition of "good" for Toby to be a good NFLer???

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2011, 04:37 PM

gabe.....Bentrim played QB in the pass happy CFL for a few years.

I think he might of won a Grey Cup one year...although I could be wrong.

He is probably the best D2 QB to ever play....IMO.

unbison
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
In limited action he did have a four yard per carry average....I think that would qualify as good

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 05:30 PM

As a 4 year starter he only passed for about 3k yards
I think he ran for almost 3k yards too and broke Walter Patrons TD record mostly running. He won a Championship in the CFL but its clear he wasnt a pass first QB.

aces1180
01-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I think he ran for almost 3k yards too and broke Walter Patrons TD record mostly running. He won a Championship in the CFL but its clear he wasnt a pass first QB.

Considering he was running the plays that were called in the veer offense, one could expect him not to pass much.

Sometimes I wonder if you just spew shit to get reactions out of posters.

CAS4127
01-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Considering he was running the plays that were called in the veer offense, one could expect him not to pass much.

Sometimes I wonder if you just spew shit to get reactions out of posters.

No way--he ain't smart enough to even think of doing that.:banghead:

99Bison
01-11-2011, 05:53 PM

He broke Walter Paytons record for career rushing TD's - 64. He also passed for about 25.

Bentrim played QB and Safety for his HS team, which also ran the veer.

bisonfan11
01-11-2011, 06:05 PM
You were right. D.J. is just what you predicted. I am now defiantly in the D.J. camp now. He WILL be a key contributor to our '11 success.

Notorious
01-11-2011, 06:09 PM

Who's Bentrumb?

CAS4127
01-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Who's Bentrumb?

This is for BDFI Gabe, not you Note, as it coincides with his sig line and proves my earlier post about him even more:

Jeff Bentrim was a tremendous quarterback and leader for some great North Dakota State teams. In fact, Bentrim won the first Harlon Hill Trophy and is in the DII Hall of Fame. He led NDSU to four straight title games and three Division II championships. He is one of the biggest reasons NDSU can make the claim to being the best program in Division II history.*

*Found on interweb with a very basic search. Note also that I couldn't find any reference to Jeff not being able to throw or that he "was recruited as a running back".

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
System?

West-coast is not a system where you can just put any RB in there and they will automatically prosper. Hell, with that reasoning then why not bring someone in from a nursing home cus they would do just fine....

Tyler had good speed but he was a wrecking ball......235 lb monster that would move into the way of a LBer to hit him. I cannot remember how many times he would have 3-4-5 guys piled on him and he would still be running straight ahead. We had a dual threat in the west-coast those yrs.....a QB that made plays also. Teams couldn't concentrate on one aspect of the offense.

We can get there again this year. Will be fun to watch.

System in terms of the players around you that execute and make it work. Perhaps I could have said personel, but that would devalue what Roehl did and I don't want to do that. Tyler also ran 5 yards through holes that a semi could drive through because of how good that oline was, and the fact that defenses had to respect Steve Walker. Roehl was outstanding that season, but so was Paschell, and hell even Pete Blincoe, who IMHO wasn't a great Rb yet stilla veraged 5.5 ypc),.

Roehl was an oustanding talent, playing with other outstanding talent, behind an outstandingly talentled oline. And also, one of the greatest QB's to ever wear a uniform in Steve Walker, who defenses respected tremendously by staying out of the box.

bisonmike2
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't understand all the Gerhart hate. He just finished his rookie year playing behind the best RB in the NFL. What the hell were you guys thinking he was going to do in his first 16 games?

BlueBisonRock
01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't understand all the Gerhart hate. He just finished his rookie year playing behind the best RB in the NFL. What the hell were SOME OF you guys thinking he was going to do in his first 16 games?

Fixed this for you to reflect the actual tone of this topic. And, BTW, I am in solid agreement with you and your observation. Some (and I repeat some!) folks just feel the need to tear down rather than build up.

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't understand all the Gerhart hate. He just finished his rookie year playing behind the best RB in the NFL. What the hell were you guys thinking he was going to do in his first 16 games?

Hey, I don't think he is going to be a good NFL back. Everyone has his/her own opinion.

If some think he is going to be the second coming of Jim Brown then so be it. I doubt it but you never know.....

First 16 games behind AP?
I didn't think he was going to do much.
He aved 4 yds / carry.....great.

unbison
01-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Who said great .......Ummm you did I said good........anyone that can stay in the league for 8 or so years was a good nfler in my opinion

CAS4127
01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Back on topic--sort of: I think DJ could have played well for either Auburn or Oregon last night. In fact, Oregon might have won if they had DJ. I know, thier one back--don't even remember his name--was in the Heisman running, but I was not real impressed with his (in)ability to run even remotely physical, and DJ isn't even that physical.

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 08:46 PM
This is for DDFI Gabe, not you Note, as it coincides with his sig line and proves my earlier post about him even more:

*Found on interweb with a very basic search. Note also that I couldn't find any reference to Jeff not being able to throw or that he "was recruited as a running back".

Bentrim was not known for passing. He was underrated but would not have been an NFL QB. He threw for 3k yards in 4 seasons. That's less than 1000 yards per year. There were games where he's throw twice in a half. NFL teams looked at him as a running back. He was a great athlete without an NFL position. Compare to Crouch at Nebraska. Bentrim won a championship in the CFL but didn't have a tremendous career. Solid but not spectacular. He actualy played slot back on occaassion.

CAS4127
01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Bentrim was not known for passing. He was underrated but would not have been an NFL QB. He threw for 3k yards in 4 seasons. That's less than 1000 yards per year. There were games where he's throw twice in a half. NFL teams looked at him as a running back. He was a great athlete without an NFL position.He won a championship in the CFL but didn't have a tremendous career. Solid but not spectacular. He actualy played slot back on occaassion.

I hate to even reply, but, I will. Jeff was my effing teammate. I have forgotten more about his skills and abilities then you ever will or now know, so STFU!!!

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I hate to even reply, but, I will. Jeff was my effing teammate. I have forgotten more about his skills and abilities then you ever will or now know, so STFU!!!

Bentrim = Crouch
Great athlete with no NFL position.
That's reality.

CAS4127
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Bentrim = Crouch
Great athlete with no NFL position.
That's reality.

Again, you are an idiot and a dumbass. My intial comment to you was when you posted that he "could not throw" and "was recruited as a running back".
Enuf said, or do you want more???!!!!

coldspot
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm getting the vibe bisonville is going through football withdrawals. everybody is so pissy lately. I think we need an intervention.

The Lost Dutchman
01-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm getting the vibe bisonville is going through football withdrawals. everybody is so pissy lately. I think we need an intervention.

Is it signing day yet?

HerdBot
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Again, you are an idiot and a dumbass. My intial comment to you was when you posted that he "could not throw" and "was recruited as a running back".
Enuf said, or do you want more???!!!!

When I said he couldn't throw it was an exaggerated response since someone exaggerated and compared him to Joe Montana.

I remember WDAY reporting NFL expressed interest as a running back.

EndZoneQB
01-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Is it signing day yet?

No sh*t huh? On the bright side-we have signing day, March Madness, combine, NFL draft, Spring ball, rookie mini camps, SUMMER, then fall ball! It's not so bad! Haha, that's the way I always look at it, just keep something in front of you to look forward to and you'll be happier lol

perthbison
01-12-2011, 04:35 AM
Bentrim was not known for passing.

Now that is an understatement! He was an extreme talant at running the option. Could say he was known for the pitching.:)