OL - 1
WR - 1
CB/RB - 1
DB/WR/RB - 1
DE - 1
DL - 1
ATH/S - 1
S - 1

Obviously, don't know for sure what positions some guys are being recruited for. So what do we need?

Another offensive linemen for sure.

jarhead
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Don't know how last years crop of LBs is progressing or what the coaches are projecting, but I'd like a physical MLB to redshirt and be ready
to back-up Grant Olsen season after next. I'd also love a big DT (Losiniecki, Jenkins) to give us some push up the middle. Probably no chance
we get him, but I'd love to see Darius Scott opposite Jordon Champion at CB someday. Still wondering how big Nick Powell-Calhoun is and is
he physical enough to play TE. Above all else, if we have a chance at a player who elevates our program we take him regardless of need.

stevdock
01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't know what the right number of linemen for each class needs to be but we've got to have more than 1 OL, I'm thinking more like 3, and at least 2 if not 3 DL in each class. More often than not you win the trenches you win the game. It all starts with those two groups.

Even though I know we are pretty stacked, I would think another WANT would be a LB. As thin as we've been here in recent years, I think you need to have at least 1 a class. Especially since if nothing else they make great Special Teams players.

HandoEX
01-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I'd like to see two more OL, CB, DL, and LB and nothing else.

Notorious
01-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Offensive/Defensive Lines!!....skilled players are a dime-a-dozen.

jarhead
01-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I agree about the need for linemen on both sides of the ball. I'd like to see this as a general guideline each year subject to change based on need
and the availability of "special" players.

1. 3 OL, perhaps rotating 2 OT/1OG one year and 2OG/1OT the next based on the prospect pool.

2. 3 DL, same rotation.

3. 3 WR/TE, same rotation

4. 3 CB/S, same rotation

5. 1 QB

6. 1 RB.

Any extra scholarships for quick fixes (JCs) or exceptional athletes.

SDbison
01-06-2011, 05:16 PM
NDSU needs some big o-lineman that are 6-5+ and 280+. Seems too many during the past few years are much smaller and the bigger OL's being recruited end up going to FBS schools. SDSU got a verbal from a kid this size that seems like a good recruit. Need some improvement in this area of recruiting in my opinion. Too many 6-2's and 6-3's........that is so DII.

tony
01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Any extra scholarships for quick fixes (JCs) or exceptional athletes.

Probably should have two LBs a year too.

ndsubison1
01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
NDSU needs some big o-lineman that are 6-5+ and 280+. Seems too many during the past few years are much smaller and the bigger OL's being recruited end up going to FBS schools. SDSU got a verbal from a kid this size that seems like a good recruit. Need some improvement in this area of recruiting in my opinion. Too many 6-2's and 6-3's........that is so DII.

6'2, 6'3 is fine for a Guard or Center

ndsubison1
01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
We need to bring in at least 2 LB

CAS4127
01-06-2011, 06:03 PM
The number of scholarships available, plus what positions we need to shore up has a lot to do with what positions and how many we recruit each individual year. Ya, you can have "preferred walk-ons, but 9 out 10 time scholarshiped players are the ones who will actually contribute on the field in the future. So we can talk all we want about what positions and how many we "should" recruit, but we are limited by the number of scholarships available.

jarhead
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Probably should have two LBs a year too.

I must've had a seizure, totally whiffed on the LBs. I'll take a mulligan.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2011, 02:06 AM
We need another young MLB imho. Evans will be gone and we need somebody to help Olson stay fresh and incase of the dreaded "I" word.

Herd
01-07-2011, 02:10 AM
At 6'3 221, Emanual's the guy to play in the Middle.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2011, 02:11 AM
At 6'3 221, Emanual's the guy to play in the Middle.

Burgundy and others on this site say he is gonna play DE?

ndsubison1
01-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Emmanuel would seem like more of an OLB than a MLB to me, that's if he were moved back to LB

BisoninNWMN
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
What everyone says on here is legit.

With an average of 15/16 to give out per year.....how do the coaches break them up?

Do they give out 10 full-rides to the exceptional recruits and partials to others? or do most of them get full-rides.

Both lines should have 2-3 recruits / year IMO.

BisonNeil
01-08-2011, 03:13 PM
An immediate need not yet mentioned, punter. We have no punters on the roster to my knowledge unless the PA kid last year does both.

Another LB and another DB/CB for sure.

Glad to see two QBs though :)

Carry on.

jarhead
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Agreed. We really could use a good CB to join Jordon Champion. Darius Scott would be a great get. He reportedly liked his visit here in December
but he holds at least 5 FBS offers, so he is a long shot at best. Someone mentioned that Tashaun Johnson was coming in for a visit. He was one of our
first offers and is primarily a RB/ wildcat type QB. Can't find any tape of him on defense, but he may be regarded as a CB by the coaching staff. There
is also a kid from NB named Devin Bass who reported early interest from us but haven't seen anything to indicate we're still in contact with him.

HerdBot
01-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Big juco DT
Dt
Juco corner
Corner
OT
linebacker

HerdBot
01-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Don't know how last years crop of LBs is progressing or what the coaches are projecting, but I'd like a physical MLB to redshirt and be ready
to back-up Grant Olsen season after next. I'd also love a big DT (Losiniecki, Jenkins) to give us some push up the middle. Probably no chance
we get him, but I'd love to see Darius Scott opposite Jordon Champion at CB someday. Still wondering how big Nick Powell-Calhoun is and is
he physical enough to play TE. Above all else, if we have a chance at a player who elevates our program we take him regardless of need.

When did they announce powel-calhoun to TE?

jarhead
01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
No one has announced or even speculated about a Powell-Calhoun move to TE' that's entirely on me. The kid's huge and must have good speed and hands. With us being thin at FB next year, it seems a shame to move Bruhn to TE so I was just speculating what other
posters might think about Powell-Calhoun to TE.

HerdBot
01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
No one has announced or even speculated about a Powell-Calhoun move to TE' that's entirely on me. The kid's huge and must have good speed and hands. With us being thin at FB next year, it seems a shame to move Bruhn to TE so I was just speculating what other
posters might think about Powell-Calhoun to TE.

When you are 6' 4", own a school record for high jump, run track, and own receiving records at your high school I want to see you catch the ball as much as possible. Needs to be a deep threat or jump ball fade route guy because not many corners can outjump him. Would be hillarious watching linebacker cover him but he seems too skinny to be a blocking TE. Changing positions at this point could set him back a year. I say no.

jarhead
01-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks Gabe. Haven't seen P-C in person, didn't know he was skinny, figured he might be 240+ by now. Since neither he nor Wahlo broke
into the rotation last year when we were thin at WR I thought it might be even tougher this year with Vraa & Gebhart in the mix.

Mr. Burgundy
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Powell Calhoun is far from skinny. He is a big WR. More of a Mike Williams type WR. Never really seen him much as he has been hurt quite a bit, but his size is not in question. I could see them doing some fun things with him in the future.

HerdBot
01-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Powell Calhoun is far from skinny. He is a big WR. More of a Mike Williams type WR. Never really seen him much as he has been hurt quite a bit, but his size is not in question. I could see them doing some fun things with him in the future.

Yeah skinny wasn't what I meant. He big and strong don't know if his frame would allow for another 20+ pounds of muscle

jarhead
01-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Thank you gentlemen.