FACT: The entire $32,000,000 has NOT been raised yet
FACT: The Development Foundation is actively seeking donations for the project
FACT: Student athletes will greatly benefit from this project
FACT: Coaches will greatly benefit from the project
FACT: NDSU Athletics overall will benefit from the project
FACT: NDSU basketball fans will greatly benefit from the project
FACT: There are 18 home basketball games at the BSA in the next 8 weeks
FACT: Thousands of fans will attend each of these games

WHY NOT: Set up a display showing the public the drawings and floor plans?
WHY NOT: Print a simple brochure listing the benefits this facility will provide?
WHY NOT: Provide forms and envelopes for those fans that wish to donate?
WHY NOT: Use the video boards to promote this?
WHY NOT: Show the basketball fans what the future arena will look like?

Tatanka
01-06-2011, 02:24 PM
FACT: Last fall NDSU announced they are raising $32,000,000 for the BSA
FACT: Sanford Health announced they are donating $10,000,000 to the project
FACT: Scheels has announced they are donating $5,000,000 to the project
FACT: Other donations have been received but not yet announced

WHY NOT: Print a simple brochure listing the benefits this facility will provide?

FACT: These are all very simple, Marketing 101, yet effective ideas and suggestions.
OPINION: NDSU Athletics does not demonstrate the skills necessary to implement these suggestions.
OPINION: It's high time something was done to remedy this deficiency.

Kermit
01-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Great ideas, Road!

roadwarrior
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
They have my ideas. Now to see if it happens....

coldspot
01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
FACT: These are all very simple, Marketing 101, yet effective ideas and suggestions.
OPINION: NDSU Athletics does not demonstrate the skills necessary to implement these suggestions.
OPINION: It's high time something was done to remedy this deficiency.

Idea: Hire roadwarrior as marketing manager, give him free travel to all athletic events.

99Bison
01-06-2011, 03:12 PM

I saw this form yesterday at the BSA.

lakesbison
01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
WHY NOT

bring in D1 experienced staff and Teammakers??
Kinda getting stale, should be new ideas are all over??

SDbison
01-06-2011, 06:49 PM

What happened to the 8 Million that was earmarked for the Arena from the "?" fund 4 or 5 years ago? I put a nice donation in that......did the money get put someplace else?

roadwarrior
01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
What happened to the 8 Million that was earmarked for the Arena from the "?" fund 4 or 5 years ago? I put a nice donation in that......did the money get put someplace else?

They still have that money available for the project (some has been spent), but it is separate from the $32 million fund raising effort.

99Bison
01-06-2011, 09:00 PM
They still have that money available for the project (some has been spent), but it is separate from the $32 million fund raising effort.

Really? ,,,,,,,

backpages
01-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Maybe I’m provincial but since our roots are as a Land Grant Agricultural College and this region is dominated by agriculture I always thought the naming rights to a new complex would look something like this:

American Crystal Sugar Bison Sports Arena
or
Cass-Clay Creameries Bison Sports Arena
or
Dakota Mill & Elevator Bison Sports Arena
or
Steiger (Case I-H) Bison Sports Arena
or (My personal favorite)
North Dakota Beef Growers Bison Sports Arena:)
or even
Great Plains (Microsoft) Bison Sports Arena

Are any of these corporations players in this project or are they involved in other non-athletic projects? Just wondering.

CAS4127
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Maybe I’m provincial but since our roots are as a Land Grant Agricultural College and this region is dominated by agriculture I always thought the naming rights to a new complex would look something like this:

American Crystal Sugar Bison Sports Arena
or
Cass-Clay Creameries Bison Sports Arena
or
Dakota Mill & Elevator Bison Sports Arena
or
Steiger (Case I-H) Bison Sports Arena
or (My personal favorite)
North Dakota Beef Growers Bison Sports Arena:)
or even
Great Plains (Microsoft) Bison Sports Arena

Are any of these corporations players in this project or are they involved in other non-athletic projects? Just wondering.

But then no one would purchase sugar or products made with it, milk/cheese, tractors, beef, or computers because the prices are too high as a result of the donation!:hide:

backpages
01-06-2011, 09:29 PM
But then no one would purchase sugar or products made with it, milk/cheese, tractors, beef, or computers because the prices are too high as a result of the donation!:hide:

Market research indicates that consumer backlash is more directed at “service” based institutions that make sizeable donations as opposed to “product” based institutions that do the same. My question is: Are any of these local corporations involved?

roadwarrior
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
The answer to your question is: I don't think so.

EndZoneQB
01-07-2011, 04:02 AM
I vote for Staiger Bison Sports Arena!

Tatanka
01-07-2011, 12:32 PM
I vote for Staiger Bison Sports Arena!

I see what you did there.

NorthernBison
01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Market research indicates that consumer backlash is more directed at “service” based institutions that make sizeable donations as opposed to “product” based institutions that do the same. My question is: Are any of these local corporations involved?

American Crystal Sugar is a grower owned cooperative.

Cass-Clay is a division of Associated Milk Producers Inc (AMPI). A large National cooperative.

North Dakota Mill and elevator is State owned.

CNH is obviously a huge multi-national corporation with little incentive to get involved.

Beef Growers. I'm assuming you mean the North Dakota Stockmens Association. Funded by memberships with nowhere near enough cash to spend on anything like this.

Microsoft. Well, it was local when it was Great Plains. Now, things are different and they have been involved in some local and even NDSU projects. I doubt if they have a great interest unless they have naming rights. The fact that they aren't already involved kind of speaks to their level of interest.

Basically, all the ones you named either don't have the money or any incentive to pony up bucks for projects like this. Especially the cooperatives. They have to sell it to their members and it better be closely related to their industry. Sports facilites don't go over well.

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM

Apparently UND fans are the exception to this market research indicator, as they vowed not to patronize Scheels after the annoucement of Scheels donation. That's Who fans tho, so they don't count and probably are the reason for whatever margin of error was found in the research,:D

Facts
01-07-2011, 02:01 PM
CNH is obviously a huge multi-national corporation with little incentive to get involved.

Do "CNH" 4WD's and Quad-tracks have the Steiger name on them anymore? or did the steiger name get sold to Buhler-Versatile-(Genesis?) during the latest mergers/aquisitions?

Trim
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Do "CNH" 4WD's and Quad-tracks have the Steiger name on them anymore? or did the steiger name get sold to Buhler-Versatile-(Genesis?) during the latest mergers/aquisitions?

As of a couple years ago, I'm sure I saw some in the CNH lot that had a little "Powered by Steiger Engine" or something like that on a nameplate on the hood. It wasn't on all of them, but some. I think I saw it on blue and red machines. Sorry for the very vague answer, but as of a couple years ago, yes, you could see the Steiger name on CNH products.

NDSU_grad
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM

As NortherBison stated, most of the entities you listed aren't even corporations, and even if they were, with the exception of CNH and Microsoft would not have nearly deep enough pockets to cough up money for the naming rights.

NorthernBison
01-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Case IH Steiger and Quadtrac is still the top of the line in red equipment.

I used the initials CNH. I have no idea if that is accurate anymore. In my Equipment guide, there are Case IH Steiger tractors, New Holland/Ford/Versatile tractors, and Buhler Versatile tractors in different sections.

CNH Credit finances red equipment. I have no idea anymore how these companies are structured.

backpages
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I appreciate your responses. The sense I am getting is that these corporations/companies won’t, can’t or aren’t interested in getting involved. On that same subject didn’t a large area machinery dealer (the name escapes me) make some sizeable contributions to Concordia? Interesting.

NDSU_grad
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I appreciate your responses. The sense I am getting is that these corporations/companies won’t, can’t or aren’t interested in getting involved. On that same subject didn’t a large area machinery dealer (the name escapes me) make some sizeable contributions to Concordia? Interesting.

Ron Offutt (sp). Owner of RDO, one of the largest (if not the largest), John Deere dealers in the country. Also, Andrew Oklund's grandfather, according to another poster on this site.

TheBisonator
01-07-2011, 03:46 PM
When I start getting the royalties/merchandising checks from my cartoon show to roll in, I'll make some big doneys to NDSU, both for athletics and the visual arts departments.:D

backpages
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Ron Offutt (sp). Owner of RDO, one of the largest (if not the largest), John Deere dealers in the country. Also, Andrew Oklund's grandfather, according to another poster on this site.

RDO - Thank You! Dealer of the Big Green. However, I have to admit, I'm still partial to the "Big Red" but that's another topic. Thanks again.:nod:

NorthernBison
01-07-2011, 03:53 PM

The cooperatives do not make these kind of large donations because the people running the business don't own it. Obviously, the Board authorizes them to spend money on advertising and philanthropy based on some overall policy.

A cooperative making a very large donation would likely need the approval of the membership and that would be interesting (I'm thinking of American Crystal here). Not all loyalties up and down the Valley are to NDSU.

aces1180
01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
The cooperatives do not make these kind of large donations because the people running the business don't own it. Obviously, the Board authorizes them to spend money on advertising and philanthropy based on some overall policy.

A cooperative making a very large donation would likely need the approval of the membership and that would be interesting (I'm thinking of American Crystal here). Not all loyalties up and down the Valley are to NDSU.

I work for a Cooperative and actually handle donations...Anything over $600 needs approval from the board of directors in our case.

You are correct, as the members are actually the owners of the company.

backpages
01-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I work for a Cooperative and actually handle donations...Anything over $600 needs approval from the board of directors in our case.

You are correct, as the members are actually the owners of the company.

Does your cooperative do much for area high school students in the way of scholarships?

aces1180
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Does your cooperative do much for area high school students in the way of scholarships?

Yes, we give $1000 scholarships to eight area high schools each spring.

backpages
01-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes, we give $1000 scholarships to eight area high schools each spring.

Outstanding! A high five from me.

Facts
01-07-2011, 07:53 PM

RDO is also a Concordia Alum... hence his willingness to donate substantially there. I believe he also gives to NDSU.

NDSU_grad
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
RDO is also a Concordia Alum... hence his willingness to donate substantially there. I believe he also gives to NDSU.

I think it was 56 who told the Ron Offutt story on here earlier. Interesting stuff.

EndZoneQB
01-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Case IH Steiger and Quadtrac is still the top of the line in red equipment.

I used the initials CNH. I have no idea if that is accurate anymore. In my Equipment guide, there are Case IH Steiger tractors, New Holland/Ford/Versatile tractors, and Buhler Versatile tractors in different sections.

CNH Credit finances red equipment. I have no idea anymore how these companies are structured.

This is one of the most confusing situations ever lol. I got curious a few months back about the Steiger name still existing, and did some research. I still don't have a clear answer on it, but the Steiger name still exists.

NDSU_grad
01-08-2011, 12:59 AM
This is one of the most confusing situations ever lol. I got curious a few months back about the Steiger name still existing, and did some research. I still don't have a clear answer on it, but the Steiger name still exists.

Steiger basically exists as a brand in the CNH lineup. I think they may use the Concord name on air seeders too, but not sure.

JMB
01-08-2011, 03:13 PM

In case anyone is interested, here is the tractor history.

When Case IH (Steiger) and Ford New Holland (who owned Versitile) combined they were forced to sell off some of the product lines due to competitive reasons... So the Versitile Brand was purchased by Beuhler (a Russian Company) The Steiger name is still used to identify their 4wd tractor line. Additionally, CNH is a public company however a majority of their shares are owned by FIAT.

backpages
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM

When Case IH (Steiger) and Ford New Holland (who owned Versitile) combined they were forced to sell off some of the product lines due to competitive reasons... So the Versitile Brand was purchased by Beuhler (a Russian Company) The Steiger name is still used to identify their 4wd tractor line. Additionally, CNH is a public company however a majority of their shares are owned by FIAT.

Interesting. Where does AGCO fit into all of this?

JMB
01-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Interesting. Where does AGCO fit into all of this?

I am not sure AGCO's history and I am too lazy to look it up, but I know it has the brands of Massy Ferguson, Allis Chalmers (although I don't know if there is an Allis Tractor anymore). AGCO also actually ownes and manufactures the Cat line of Ag Equipment (built in Jackson, MN). They also must have some agreement with Claas in Germany as the Cat combine is actually a Claas design built in Omaha. Also of local (ND) interest is that AGCO bought the Spray-Coop from Melroe a few years ago and moved its production from Bismarck to Jackson.

Sorry for the thread derailment....

backpages
01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I am not sure AGCO's history and I am too lazy to look it up, but I know it has the brands of Massy Ferguson, Allis Chalmers (although I don't know if there is an Allis Tractor anymore). AGCO also actually ownes and manufactures the Cat line of Ag Equipment (built in Jackson, MN). They also must have some agreement with Claas in Germany as the Cat combine is actually a Claas design built in Omaha. Also of local (ND) interest is that AGCO bought the Spray-Coop from Melroe a few years ago and moved its production from Bismarck to Jackson.

Sorry for the thread derailment....

All those names do bring back memories of what used to be in the Ag scene. Also, I remember when Minneapolis-Moline and the Canadian Cockshutt Tractors retained their original colors but all looked like Oliver’s. Then all three turned up silver and were labeled as White. I think White Motors also ended up as AGCO

My apologizes for the thread derailment as well. I’m sort of an Ag history buff. :confused:

Herd Mentality
01-10-2011, 04:16 AM
NDSU gave RDO an honorary degree in the spring of 98.

pwbnd
01-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know if there are plans to sell personalized floor tiles (like they do at the alumni center) or have some sort of plan to recognize donors (small and medium dollar amounts) somewhere in the SHAC?

My father recently passed away and we were going to make a small donation to NDSU in his honor. We were thinking of purchasing a tile in the entryway of the alumni center. I really think those tiles are neat...it's just a little something tangible that we could visit...maybe take his grandkids to see and talk about how much fun grandpa had going to NDSU activities. I got to thinking though that, since we'll likely be visiting the SHAC quite a bit more frequently than the alumni center in the future, I was wondering if any of you know if there was something similar in the works at the SHAC...something we could point out to dad's friends/family and enjoy everytime we go to a game.

Thanks!

Facts
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM

This ^^^^ is somewhat correct. The Steiger name is actually still affiliated with Case IH 4wd and quadtrac tractors, not the with the Buhler name. "Buhler" makes "Versatile" and aquired the Versatile name in the merger you mentioned above. Maybe this it what you were trying to elude to above, but you took english 101 at UNI??... ;)

EndZoneQB
01-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know if there are plans to sell personalized floor tiles (like they do at the alumni center) or have some sort of plan to recognize donors (small and medium dollar amounts) somewhere in the SHAC?

My father recently passed away and we were going to make a small donation to NDSU in his honor. We were thinking of purchasing a tile in the entryway of the alumni center. I really think those tiles are neat...it's just a little something tangible that we could visit...maybe take his grandkids to see and talk about how much fun grandpa had going to NDSU activities. I got to thinking though that, since we'll likely be visiting the SHAC quite a bit more frequently than the alumni center in the future, I was wondering if any of you know if there was something similar in the works at the SHAC...something we could point out to dad's friends/family and enjoy everytime we go to a game.

Thanks!

Good idea! Let me know if you find anything about this, I'd like to do something similar for my dad!

roadwarrior
01-11-2011, 02:20 AM

I have not heard of anything. A million or so will get your name somewhere though....

aces1180
01-11-2011, 03:05 AM
I have not heard of anything. A million or so will get your name somewhere though....

Does that mean if we make a collection, we can name the bathrooms the "Home of the (team formally known as pending ridiculous ND legislation) Sioux?"

Tatanka
01-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Does that mean if we make a collection, we can name the bathrooms the "Home of the (team formally known as pending ridiculous ND legislation) Sioux?"

Custom urinal cakes?

sambini
01-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Special flush to send it north...

BlueBisonRock
01-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Custom urinal cakes?

Disguised as hockey pucks? Or do you prefer the white ones with the traditional (soon to be displaced or not) logo?

Tatanka
01-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Disguised as hockey pucks? Or do you prefer the white ones with the traditional (soon to be displaced or not) logo?

Hmmmmmm... decisions decisions.

JMB
01-11-2011, 04:20 PM
This ^^^^ is somewhat correct. The Steiger name is actually still affiliated with Case IH 4wd and quadtrac tractors, not the with the Buhler name. "Buhler" makes "Versatile" and aquired the Versatile name in the merger you mentioned above. Maybe this it what you were trying to elude to above, but you took english 101 at UNI??... ;)

What he said is what I meant....:D Apparently I have been marooned in Northern Iowa too long and I am starting to pick up their habits.

TheBisonator
01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
To bump up this thread again, does anyone know how much money has been raised so far?? I remember at halftime of the Marker game against SDSU, Gene said in a halftime interview that 22 million had been raised at that time, then there was the 5 million donation not too long afterwards. So My guess is 28 million by now, but does anyone have any knowledge of this??

I wish there was a way we could maybe start building most phases now with one more phase to be held, if we only have 6-7 million left to raise.

HerdBot
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM

Holy $h!+ what you just posted actually makes sense! The only answer is they must be so confident in big donations that they don't need the small ones. I doubt it. SDSU had a chart on their front page with a meter showing how much they need to raise.

HerdBot
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Another thing... if I got an envelope in the mail to donate for the SHAC I would drop a check in the mail. I don't always donate because I want to ensure my donations goes to a specific project and not just the general athletic fund.

roadwarrior
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Another thing... if I got an envelope in the mail to donate for the SHAC I would drop a check in the mail. I don't always donate because I want to ensure my donations goes to a specific project and not just the general athletic fund.

If you send a check to the NDSU Development Foundation (or to Amy Ruley) and indicate the BSA project, that is where it will go.

DjKyRo
01-17-2011, 08:57 PM
If you send a check to the NDSU Development Foundation (or to Amy Ruley) and indicate the BSA project, that is where it will go.

If you send a check to DJKyRo, I'll estimate it has a 98% chance of making it to the SHAC Development Fund.

TbonZach
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
If you send a check to DJKyRo, I'll estimate it has a 98% chance of making it to the SHAC Development Fund.

And if you send it to TbonZach, I'll estimate 98% of it will go to the SHAC Development.

herdmember
01-21-2011, 08:38 PM

If you're a lazy donator like me, use this link and just make sure to choose the 'Building a competitive Edge for Bison Athletics' option in the Designation dropdown. To be overly safe you can also type in the comment section that this is for the BSA renovation.

Link:
https://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?SPSID=12289&SPID=714&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&pid=743&srcid=743

This allows you to use CC.

GOB1SON
01-21-2011, 08:57 PM

I want to comment on this. I am sure that I have written this before, but I think the effort our athletic department and Teammakers puts forth as far as fundraising is terrible.

As an example, I traveled out to Washington for the game with a great Bison Alum. He 1) loves sports, 2) loves NDSU, 3) is not a youngster anymore and is financially comfortable, 4) gives to the foundation, so I know NDSU knows where he lives, and 5) has not one single time been approached or contacted by the athletic department or Teammakers to become a member or to contribute.

This is a guy that would probably give enough yearly to sit in the middle at football games and closer to the front than most, despite the fact he lives in Iowa, if he were just asked. Now I think I have him signed up, and that is absolutely my responsibility as a member of Teammakers. But where is the effort from the folks getting paid to do this? If he were approached to make a donation to the SHAC, he would probably open up his wallet. I will work on him for this too.

I graduated Texas A&M 10 years ago and I still get 5 mailers a year asking me to contribute to the 12th Man and to the association of former students.

I don't know, maybe it should be driven by the alums, but I don't think that will get it done.

Superfan
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
I was contacted by phone a few months ago and asked to donate. I could only donate a small amount as I had a wedding I had to pay for. I think maybe I've gotten a letter before as well but beyond that I haven't been contacted. Granted I've only been a team maker for 2 years.

imabison
01-21-2011, 11:09 PM
I was contacted by phone a few months ago and asked to donate. I could only donate a small amount as I had a wedding I had to pay for. I think maybe I've gotten a letter before as well but beyond that I haven't been contacted. Granted I've only been a team maker for 2 years.

Team Maker for 2 years is good thing, not a bad. Keep it up...it all helps.

sambini
01-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Teammaker for 25 years

TheBisonator
01-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I will ask the question again: Does anyone know how much money has already been raised, and how much more money needs to be raised??

I'm really expecting that we're gonna hear a story in the next month that groundbreaking will be delayed another year due to lack of finances...:banghead:

And road, don't start asking me to contribute, I'm about this close to having to take my guitar out to the corner of Bloor and Yonge and start playing for Loonies due to the financial situation I'm in...:(

roadwarrior
01-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm not going to ask you Bisonator. When I put out a plea for donations, it is not directed toward any one person on the board, just to the masses that read the board. I realize that there are many that cannot justify any type of financial commitment to this project, but there are others that just wait for someone else to step forward.

56BISON73
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
I will ask the question again: Does anyone know how much money has already been raised, and how much more money needs to be raised??

I'm really expecting that we're gonna hear a story in the next month that groundbreaking will be delayed another year due to lack of finances...:banghead:

And road, don't start asking me to contribute, I'm about this close to having to take my guitar out to the corner of Bloor and Yonge and start playing for Loonies due to the financial situation I'm in...:(

Aprox 15 mil stillneeds to be raised.

TheBisonator
01-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Aprox 15 mil stillneeds to be raised.

15 million???

That aint good man.

Thanks anyway for the info PL.

roadwarrior
01-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Well there is a number, but it is nowhere near 15 million. There are gifts that havent been announced that reduce that number quite a bit. And no, I don't know the exact number but have heard some things.

56BISON73
01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Well there is a number, but it is nowhere near 15 million. There are gifts that havent been announced that reduce that number quite a bit. And no, I don't know the exact number but have heard some things.

Yep that's what I hard as well. But was told its around 15 without the unannounced donations. Regardless there is still much to be raised.

TheBisonator
01-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Well think about this: If we need a total of 39 million raised for the entire project, and we already have 5 million left over from the previous campaign, that leaves 34 million. Take away 15 million in donations from Sanford and Scheels, and that leaves us with 19 million. That's assuming absolutely NOBODY else has made any contributions. So assuming that 4 million in contributions have already been signed sealed and delivered, then 15 million left doesn't seem so farfetched. I pray to God that there are millions more that haven't gone completely through yet.

roadwarrior
01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Remember that about $3 million of this fundraising effort is to pay off the debt on the Fargodome projects. This money does not have to be raised before the SHAC project starts.

BisBison
01-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Remember that about $3 million of this fundraising effort is to pay off the debt on the Fargodome projects. This money does not have to be raised before the SHAC project starts.

This ^^^^^^ AND the money dedicated to the track facility also shouldn't impact when the BSA renovation/addition could begin. Unless I'm mistaken.

tjbison
01-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Wonder if anyone has contacted Harlod Hamm from Continental Resources/Drilling:hide:

He is currently investing MILLIONS in ND for Oil Exploration and might not be too out of the Idea for getting his name on something;)

Just a far fetched idea, but there is BILLIONS neing invested by WORLD WIDE companies in ND right now and they are here to stay for the future

tony
01-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Wonder if anyone has contacted Harlod Hamm from Continental Resources/Drilling:hide:

He is currently investing MILLIONS in ND for Oil Exploration and might not be too out of the Idea for getting his name on something;)

Just a far fetched idea, but there is BILLIONS neing invested by WORLD WIDE companies in ND right now and they are here to stay for the future

I'll believe that last sentence when I see it.

Lots of companies come into areas and treat it like a long-term relationship - kind of like a marriage. These companies are like guys you wouldn't mind your sister marrying. In North Dakota, at least, oil companies have been more like the guy who shacks up with your sister and then leaves town as soon as she's knocked up. He'll probably leave an old junker car on blocks in her front yard too. In the end, you just feel lucky if he doesn't give her an STD and max out all her credit cards before going.

tjbison
01-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I'll believe that last sentence when I see it.

Lots of companies come into areas and treat it like a long-term relationship - kind of like a marriage. These companies are like guys you wouldn't mind your sister marrying. In North Dakota, at least, oil companies have been more like the guy who shacks up with your sister and then leaves town as soon as she's knocked up. He'll probably leave an old junker car on blocks in her front yard too. In the end, you just feel lucky if he doesn't give her an STD and max out all her credit cards before going.

Well lots are investing for Gas plants, pipelines, Tank stations, etc.. they will be here for the duration big hitters include Enbridge, Haliburton, Hess, Nabors, EOG Resources etc.... I can go on. They are building the infastructure needed and will not be leaving

tony
01-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Well lots are investing for Gas plants, pipelines, Tank stations, etc.. they will be here for the duration big hitters include Enbridge, Haliburton, Hess, Nabors, EOG Resources etc.... I can go on. They are building the infastructure needed and will not be leaving

Yeah, but that is different than investing into the communities they come into (like Sanford has done.) Hopefully oil companies spend money on something besides lobbying this time around, but I'll believe it when I see it.

That said, if they pay their taxes and obey the law, that's fine too. Just don't plan like they're going to be here forever.

bisonaudit
01-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah, but that is different than investing into the communities they come into (like Sanford has done.) Hopefully oil companies spend money on something besides lobbying this time around, but I'll believe it when I see it.

That said, if they pay their taxes and obey the law, that's fine too. Just don't plan like they're going to be here forever.

We've seen this movie before, they'll be here as long as the retail price exceeds the cost to extract and not a second more. So far, it appears that the folks in Bismarck understand this as well and are acting accordingly.

Gully
01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
We've seen this movie before, they'll be here as long as the retail price exceeds the cost to extract and not a second more. So far, it appears that the folks in Bismarck understand this as well and are acting accordingly.

Yes, that's true. I would think that is true of most any business. The point of a business is to make money right?

lakesbison
01-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Will this be done by 2020? I though 2010 was target year ?

herdmember
01-26-2011, 04:12 AM
What about having a virtual Bisonville Shac fundraising webathon? It could either be a designated day/night/weekend, etc or it could just be a running thread. People could say 'I donated XXX amount' that they did in the past or that they did that second using the online link.

Then when its all said and done we could say Bisonville generated X amount of dollars to making the SHAC a success? Thoughts or are there pitfalls that I'm not thinking about in this?

I just want out of the old BSA and into the renovated one. Let's start having that be a bonus for recruiting instead of a deteriment!! Plus, let's have a stadium where more than half of the seats are actually 'good seats'.

I like the idea of having it be some night/weekend and then you could just keep the thread open after that for people to add to it as they donate.

BisBison
01-27-2011, 12:33 AM
How about putting a 1,000 Bisonville Strong push? Let's say 1,000 Bisonvillers pledge $1,000 over 4 years, that would = $1,000,000.00. We could have the Bisonville.com weight room or lockerroom or something. Any takers?????? I'm in, 1 down 999 to go. LET'S GO BISONVILLE!!!!!

BisBison
01-27-2011, 12:41 AM
How about putting a 1,000 Bisonville Strong push? Let's say 1,000 Bisonvillers pledge $1,000 over 4 years, that would = $1,000,000.00. We could have the Bisonville.com weight room or lockerroom or something. Any takers?????? I'm in, 1 down 999 to go. LET'S GO BISONVILLE!!!!!

And yes I've been drinking, but I'm standing by this post. Everyone should also recruit 2 or 3 other "volunteers".

IzzyFlexion
01-27-2011, 11:11 AM

Well, it is only 68 cents per day.
I might be down for that sort of campaign.

roadwarrior
01-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Bison fans probably spent a $1,000,000 travelling to Bozeman and Cheney last month. This should be easy. #2

herdmember
01-27-2011, 01:49 PM
However the powers that be decide to do it, I'm in.

roper1313
01-27-2011, 01:58 PM

I'd be onboard!! #4

Tatanka
01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
In. #5.

herdmember
01-27-2011, 02:09 PM
How about making this its own thread with a sticky and use something like the proposed name for it: (Bisonville 1,000 Strong to build the SHAC or something)

Pump it up!!

Gully
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I might be willing to donate IF we actually knew how much money has been raised and what exactly they needed to break ground, etc.

Yes, I know people on here have pieced it together but I'd like to hear it officially from NDSU.

herdmember
01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Call the NDSU Development Foundation, tell them you want a donor packet and ask them where the project is at.

lakesbison
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
S T U P I D !

ill pay for bisonville, not for a bisonville donation. cmon man.

SDbison
01-27-2011, 03:56 PM
I would do it..........#6

Gully
01-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Call the NDSU Development Foundation, tell them you want a donor packet and ask them where the project is at.

so I'm supposed to ask them to ask me to donate money? I don't think so.

herdmember
01-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I might be willing to donate IF we actually knew how much money has been raised and what exactly they needed to break ground, etc.

Yes, I know people on here have pieced it together but I'd like to hear it officially from NDSU.

I'm sorry. By this ^ I thought you meant you might be willing to donate if you heard how much money has been raised and what exactly was needed to break ground.

So I stated you should call the development foundation and ask for a packet and then see where the project is.

When I did that exact thing they told me what was left to raise and the earliest they expected to break ground. This was before the Scheels donation was announced though so those answers may be different now.

To summarize this thread for those people that do not have stipulations to give and just want to see NDSU get a good basketball arena, you can:

1. Use this link to donate: https://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?pid=1090
2. Use Roadwarriors advice (If you send a check to the NDSU Development Foundation (or to Amy Ruley) and indicate the BSA project, that is where it will go.)
3. Call the Development Foundation and find out how to give, get a packet of info sent to you, etc. 701.231.6800 or 800.279.8971

I have to imagine the Development Foundation is in a tough spot as far as telling the world how much is left to be raised. Let's say they have $20 million, and they have $10 million that is basically committed but hasn't been announced yet. They obviously can't include that $10 million in external numbers even though they're pretty sure they have it.

From paying attention to this on the threads/Forum/news, etc I have heard that:
1. Right now they're focusing on the large corporate donors and then will focus more on the individuals after that.
2. It's a 3 phase project and I believe the arena is actually the last phase.
3. They basically need all the money spoken for before they can break ground.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.

Go Bison!

Bison"FANatic"
01-27-2011, 08:11 PM
according to this we don't need to to build the SHAC as our BSA is nice and new. Just goes to show you that you can't believe everything posted on a message board.

"NDSU sells out every game as well and up to 20000. The FargoDome is a much nicer facility than the Kibbie Dome. They also have a nice basketball arena (Bison Sports Arena) that is also new and very nice. And more importantly, their fans are progressive and want to move up.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArt...mp;ATCLID=69829

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2368&t=7108255

TheBisonator
01-27-2011, 09:03 PM
according to this we don't need to to build the SHAC as our BSA is nice and new. Just goes to show you that you can't believe everything posted on a message board.

"NDSU sells out every game as well and up to 20000. The FargoDome is a much nicer facility than the Kibbie Dome. They also have a nice basketball arena (Bison Sports Arena) that is also new and very nice. And more importantly, their fans are progressive and want to move up.

Poor poor misguided fools.....:smh:

EndZoneQB
01-27-2011, 11:07 PM

Poor poor misguided fools.....:smh:

Meh, let other fan bases talk us up. If it was JBB over there talking, then yeah it's crap. This type of talk does nothing but help our overall exposure and profile.

tjbison
01-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Meh, let other fan bases talk us up. If it was JBB over there talking, then yeah it's crap. This type of talk does nothing but help our overall exposure and profile.

we need to put an Internet muzzle on that JBB he is a complete asshat

Gully
01-27-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm sorry. By this ^ I thought you meant you might be willing to donate if you heard how much money has been raised and what exactly was needed to break ground.

So I stated you should call the development foundation and ask for a packet and then see where the project is.

When I did that exact thing they told me what was left to raise and the earliest they expected to break ground. This was before the Scheels donation was announced though so those answers may be different now.

To summarize this thread for those people that do not have stipulations to give and just want to see NDSU get a good basketball arena, you can:

1. Use this link to donate: https://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?pid=1090
2. Use Roadwarriors advice (If you send a check to the NDSU Development Foundation (or to Amy Ruley) and indicate the BSA project, that is where it will go.)
3. Call the Development Foundation and find out how to give, get a packet of info sent to you, etc. 701.231.6800 or 800.279.8971

I have to imagine the Development Foundation is in a tough spot as far as telling the world how much is left to be raised. Let's say they have $20 million, and they have $10 million that is basically committed but hasn't been announced yet. They obviously can't include that $10 million in external numbers even though they're pretty sure they have it.

From paying attention to this on the threads/Forum/news, etc I have heard that:
1. Right now they're focusing on the large corporate donors and then will focus more on the individuals after that.
2. It's a 3 phase project and I believe the arena is actually the last phase.
3. They basically need all the money spoken for before they can break ground.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong on any of these.

Go Bison!

gotcha....you were just trying to be helpful. How dare you!:)

herdmember
01-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Ha...thats funny.

DjKyRo
01-29-2011, 01:26 AM

Yes, NDSU would be a great addition!!

NDSU in the WAC would give 22,000 rabid, loud, dedicated fans at every home game and NDSU travels well, brought 4-5000 fans to Iowa State, Wyoming and Kansas on the road the last 3 years *(plus 30000 to Minnesota)*

NDSU's basketball team was a big dance cinderella 2 years ago and would be very competitive.

NDSU has made nationals in Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, and track, we'd be very ready for the WAC

LETS DO THIS!!
FARVE BEAT THE VIKINGS ONE LAST TIME< RUN THE BALL YOU CHICKEN FARVE!! LEAVE MINNESOTA NOW!! AKA. FireDennyGuy.

...Jesus, is there an internet forum Lakes hasn't been to yet?

TbonZach
01-29-2011, 02:11 AM
...Jesus, is there an internet forum Lakes hasn't been to yet?

It's kinda like Field of Dreams - build it and he will come.

Bison"FANatic"
01-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Better question is.......... are there forums he has not been banned from?

sambini
01-29-2011, 12:51 PM
The Forum in LA.....

Gully
01-29-2011, 01:17 PM
The Forum in LA.....

please don't give him any ideas

JSUBison
01-29-2011, 01:45 PM
please don't give him any ideas

I think he's a moderator at the Penthouse Forum. :confused:

lakesbison
01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Suck it trebek!!!!

sambini
01-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Get it done....

TheBisonator
02-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Spring is coming soon. Any shovels to hit the ground in the next few months, or do we have to wait with more fundraising?? Any idea how much money is left to raise??

lakesbison
02-14-2011, 03:48 AM
Hurry up please !!! The Thursday game by far was the worst experience I've had at has lately. Slicks boom box , believe it or not is getting worse.
Unbison & lakes are gonna donate some money to daktronix so we can get a new scoreboard.

Yellow
02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Everything seems silent when it comes to the SHAC lately. News and fundraising seemed to be in full force this past summer and fall. I hope this project doesn't fade off into the darkness for another 5 years like is has done the past 20 years. NDSU needs to get creative in sparking an interest in the SHAC. Lets get some people excited around here!

TheBisonator
02-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Everything seems silent when it comes to the SHAC lately. News and fundraising seemed to be in full force this past summer and fall. I hope this project doesn't fade off into the darkness for another 5 years like is has done the past 20 years. NDSU needs to get creative in sparking an interest in the SHAC. Lets get some people excited around here!

I agree. I'm sick and tired of being jealous of almost every other college team's arena.

Tatanka
02-22-2011, 11:18 PM

Fundraising is currently in the "silent" phase.

Which means it must be pretty successful, because it's been pretty damn silent.

roadwarrior
02-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Fundraising is currently in the "silent" phase.

Which means it must be pretty successful, because it's been pretty damn silent.

Yeah, they haven't even had a news conference announcing my gift.

SDbison
02-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Totally unacceptable!

DjKyRo
02-24-2011, 06:28 AM
Yeah, they haven't even had a news conference announcing my gift.

"Roadwarrior Arena at the SHAC?"

North Side
02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
many stuff will getting going again once all the flood issues are over with?

roadwarrior
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
many stuff will getting going again once all the flood issues are over with?

??

Fundraising hasnt stopped because sandbagging is happening.

CAS4127
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Fargo should donate $1 to SHAC for every sandbag filled by volunteers!

North Side
02-24-2011, 10:42 PM
??

Fundraising hasnt stopped because sandbagging is happening.

I was thinking more about the media attention for the fund raising

North Side
02-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Fargo should donate $1 to SHAC for every sandbag filled by volunteers!

I like that idea haha, solid 3 mill, or more would be very nice!

SDbison
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Based on the lack of information I will assume the SHAC basketball arena will not even be started on until likely 2014 or 2015. What a joke!
What an embarassing piece of crap arena for a DI state university. Seems there is no sense of urgency to get this thing started.

lakesbison
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I cant wait to kick the bleachers behind the basket and look down at shattered wood shards. YEAH!!

Bison bison
02-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Based on the lack of information I will assume the SHAC basketball arena will not even be started on until likely 2014 or 2015. What a joke!
What an embarassing piece of crap arena for a DI state university. Seems there is no sense of urgency to get this thing started.

Put up or shut up?

SDbison
02-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Put up or shut up?
Why don't you go F yourself dick! I was making valid points and I did give over $100 to the fund intended for the basketball Arena about 5 years ago. The fundraising for this effort is way behind schedule and WAY OVERDUE!
The BSA is a piece of shit......and more embarrasing for every game that continues to be played there.

Admin: Looks like SDBison's posts are going to be moderated for a while - at least until he aplogizes for this crap and promises not to do it again.

sambini
02-26-2011, 02:51 AM
They are working on this real hard. I know from talking to a few coaches .

Bison bison
02-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Why don't you go F yourself dick! I was making valid points and I did give over $100 to the fund intended for the basketball Arena about 5 years ago. The fundraising for this effort is way behind schedule and WAY OVERDUE!
The BSA is a piece of shit......and more embarrasing for every game that continues to be played there.

Admin: Looks like SDBison's posts are going to be moderated for a while - at least until he aplogizes for this crap and promises not to do it again.

No offense taken, SD. No need to apologize.

It would take 400k donors at $100 a pop to build a new arena.

I don't like the BSA anymore than the next guy, but I'm not a big roller and I'll take what I can given.

Bitching isn't going to get anything done.

Admin: OK, fair enough, sdbison is back.

roadwarrior
02-26-2011, 06:24 AM
The game tonight proved that having the old wooden bleachers, the hot temperatures, and lousy sound system doesnt mean that we cant have a freaking awesome atmosphere at a basketball game! The BSA was rocked by the fans tonight!

BisoninNWMN
02-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Have they sent anything in the mail to alumni to give to this?

I haven't received any info on how to give to the new arena. I have sent $$ indicating that I want it to go to this but why not send to all alumni and ask to donate????

Send to all of the tens of thousands of alumni.....might get a good chunk of $$$$ back......

Bison bison
02-26-2011, 02:03 PM
The game tonight proved that having the old wooden bleachers, the hot temperatures, and lousy sound system doesnt mean that we cant have a freaking awesome atmosphere at a basketball game! The BSA was rocked by the fans tonight!

very true.

at the same time a new facility would have probably been sold out last night as casual fans would have been drawn out.

last night's game would have sold a lot of season tickets.

Mr. Burgundy
02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Other than the actual physical wood bleacher my family sits on, I don't mind the place all that much. Not using the jumbotron to its ability bothers me more. More replays, focus on bad calls, play great pump up music...etc. Anything that keeps the crowd in it.

Give the students matching shirts, pizza, heck...feed them booze for all I care, just keep them jacked up. They mean alot to the program.

Charge for parking, send out a professional mailer with drawings, etc and ask for a BSA specific donation to alumni, donors, teammakers, everyone with a pocketbook. Get midlevel donors involved.

We are close and people are trying, but they are whale hunting. We need to accept the moderate sized gift and move this thing along.

I really like the location of the building and the fact that we own it. That is important.

Mr. Burgundy
02-27-2011, 01:18 AM
The players are not happy....they are upset that track will be seperate in the new facility. "So the track girls aren't going to run around us during our practices?"

They have a point.

roadwarrior
02-27-2011, 04:57 AM
If the track wasn't moved out, we would never have the type of arena that is in the plans now. Besides, the basketball team will have it's own practice floors all to themselves.

Kermit
02-27-2011, 05:09 AM
If the track wasn't moved out, we would never have the type of arena that is in the plans now. Besides, the basketball team will have it's own practice floors all to themselves.

Uh, Road, I think you may have missed some dry humor in Burgundy's post. The scenery will definitely be a little less impressive in the BSA after the track facility is built. :)

roadwarrior
02-27-2011, 05:12 AM
Uh, Road, I think you may have missed some dry humor in Burgundy's post. The scenery will definitely be a little less impressive in the BSA after the track facility is built. :)

Yeah, I know. :) Hard to find humor after that painful womens game tonight!

tony
02-27-2011, 09:06 PM
The players are not happy....they are upset that track will be seperate in the new facility. "So the track girls aren't going to run around us during our practices?"

They have a point.

Saul might be happier. Less passes hitting guys in the face.

DjKyRo
02-28-2011, 02:10 AM

Having made a few practices only to realize I hadn't actually watched the basketball team, I can verify this as valid. ;)

NDSUstudent
02-28-2011, 03:18 AM
We are close and people are trying, but they are whale hunting. We need to accept the moderate sized gift and move this thing along.

important.

Agreed, time to start the full court press on this thing.

Facts
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Saul might be happier. Less passes hitting guys in the face.

Aaberg's concussion: "And now you know the Rest of the story"

good day. ;)

CAS4127
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
I have met some of our women's track team members, and they certainly are not hard to look at. Also, and as an FYI, the cheerleaders practiced in the BSA during winter work-outs when I was there (in before TAB and Tatanka--I only paid attetion to the female cheerleaders).

TheBisonator
03-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Well, now that the home season for basketball is over with, anyone have anything, even 4th-hand rumours, about this thing moving forward?? I'll accept any rumour you've heard. Someone's barber, someone's pharmacist, I don't care. Just tell me something good so that I don't have to go SD on all youze!!

herdmember
03-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Good call Bisonator. I'm guessing the chances of anything happening this spring are between zero and zero? Is the earliest anything will happen Spring of 2012? If so, with an 18 month time frame the earliest we'd have the new arena is in time for next year's fab sophomores to be seniors, right?

:banghead:

Bisonguy
03-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Any news?????

roadwarrior
03-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Any news?????

They had the architects renderings on display at the Lunch with the Bison today!

Bisonguy
03-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Were there any giant cardboard checks with a bunch of trailing zeroes?

SDbison
03-10-2011, 10:47 PM
80 percent chance the entire project doesn't get completed until 2015 (remember BSA remodel is last). None of the current players will ever play in the remodeled arena. Possible some may use the new practice facility.
15 percent chance it takes until 2017 to complete. With all the anal rules like all funding must be secured before starting and phasing not possible this project is bound to be slow to start and complete.
Should have actually had three or four completely separate projects (maybe then the control freaks in the state could approve each privately funded project when funding level reached). Now it's a total flustercuck.
Still can't believe the state doesn't kick in a dime, but makes all sorts of demands.
1. Indoor track (lowest cost)
2. Basketball practice addition
3. Office and weight room renovation
4. Arena remodel including new entrances, lockerrooms, concessions & bathrooms.

lakesbison
03-10-2011, 11:25 PM
PLAY IN THE FARGODOME. screw it.

NDSU should just donate $10 million to fargodome and take over the color schemes and make it NDSU.s

the State ND tournaments look fine at Fargodome, NDSU should just do it.

Burnt_Secondary
03-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I've totally lost faith in this project, it seems to be a pretty low priority for the school and the athletic department.

They are spending too much of their time "white whale" hunting and ignoring those who can contribute a little at a time.

I doubt we will see anything for 5 plus years.

I just hope this doesn't fade away like all of the other basketball projects.

roadwarrior
03-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I've totally lost faith in this project, it seems to be a pretty low priority for the school and the athletic department.

They are spending too much of their time "white whale" hunting and ignoring those who can contribute a little at a time.

I doubt we will see anything for 5 plus years.

I just hope this doesn't fade away like all of the other basketball projects.

You can make your contribution at any time, like I have. No need for you to wait until someone knocks on your door. If you want this to happen (and I think we all do), why don't you help out now?

NDSUstudent
03-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't think it would hurt if NDSU was a bit more organized in rounding up the smaller donors. I know people can donate anytime on their own but I don't think it would hurt to put together a webpage with some drawings, talking about how important this is and provide occasional updates. Then send out some emails/flyers asking for $$$.

There might be a lot of people that would donate but just don't know how or aren't motivated enough to do so. Would be nice to see just a bit more effort, I do know they are and have been working on bigger donors but I don't want to see the momentum the other big donations created get squandered.

Burnt_Secondary
03-11-2011, 06:29 PM
You can make your contribution at any time, like I have. No need for you to wait until someone knocks on your door. If you want this to happen (and I think we all do), why don't you help out now?

Roadwarrior no despect toward you but NDSU has made it apparent that they do not want my money. I guess I can't put enough zeros behind it to make a difference. I'm not press release worthy.

roadwarrior
03-11-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't think it would hurt if NDSU was a bit more organized in rounding up the smaller donors. I know people can donate anytime on their own but I don't think it would hurt to put together a webpage with some drawings, talking about how important this and provide occasional updates. Then send out some emails/flyers asking for $$$.

There might be a lot of people that would donate but just don't know how or aren't motivated enough to do so. Would be nice to see just a bit more effort, I do know they are and have been working on bigger donors but I don't want to see the momentum the other big donations created get squandered.

I completely agree with you, but there isn't a single Bison fan that is not aware of this fundraising effort. Since we haven't heard about groundbreaking plans, we can also assume they dont have all the money raised yet.

Yesterday at the "Lunch with the Bison", was the first time that I have publicly seen the renderings of the project shown to Bison fans since the initial Sanford announcement last fall. I have also heard that they are working on a promotional website that will appear on gobison.com.

roadwarrior
03-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Roadwarrior no despect toward you but NDSU has made it apparent that they do not want my money. I guess I can't put enough zeros behind it to make a difference. I'm not press release worthy.

So you are saying that you sent a check to the NDSU Development Foundation and they returned it to you?

herdmember
03-11-2011, 06:51 PM
On the home page of Gobison they have the 'Build the Competitive Edge logo' which leads you to this page:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12289&SPID=714&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205001616&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=2400&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Problem is if you don't know that's the logo or aren't looking specifically for this you'd never know that's what it was.

Burnt_Secondary
03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
So you are saying that you sent a check to the NDSU Development Foundation and they returned it to you?

No I'm saying they have not put forth the effort to let the fans and community get involved. They could care less about the little guy in this process. I don't need a parade and back slaps like the big wigs do but I would like to know that my little check is going to right place.

I know they say that is where the money goes but who's to say, since there is no effort to get these checks anyway.

Nope, NDSU has not proven that they deserve for me to open my checkbook.

herdmember
03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
I can see someone making the argument that they wish NDSU would do a more wide ranging campaign to involve more people so the renovation could be done quicker. I'd love to see a running meter somewhere that says what is left to raise, estimated start dates, etc, but not sure if that would be smart/possible to do.

I can't see an argument where a Bison fan that WANTS this thing to get done would say "I'd give, but I'm not sure they appreciate me" or "I'd give, but I'm not sure if its would go to the right place."

There have been links, addresses, etc supplied on this thread alone that will point you to the right place. I have given a measly $100 (measly $200 after match so far) to this project and I received a Bison Donor sticker in the mail, and a couple cards, one including hand signed thank yous from Erv Inniger/Amy Ruley. If they did this for my measly donation, I'm guessing they will for yours no matter what amount you give as well.

DjKyRo
03-11-2011, 07:58 PM
No I'm saying they have not put forth the effort to let the fans and community get involved. They could care less about the little guy in this process. I don't need a parade and back slaps like the big wigs do but I would like to know that my little check is going to right place.

I know they say that is where the money goes but who's to say, since there is no effort to get these checks anyway.

Nope, NDSU has not proven that they deserve for me to open my checkbook.

Let's not be so quick to punish the student-athletes and general NDSU fanbase for the marketing department's lackadaisical attitude regarding fundraising. You can call the alumni donation center and ask that your donation go to a specific project, like the SHAC, and this has always been the case. Ask for Chris Hanson the next time you call in and I can assure you your donation will go where you ask it to. Not sure where the idea that NDSU "doesn't deserve" your donation is coming from.

Burnt_Secondary
03-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Let's not be so quick to punish the student-athletes and general NDSU fanbase for the marketing department's lackadaisical attitude regarding fundraising. You can call the alumni donation center and ask that your donation go to a specific project, like the SHAC, and this has always been the case. Ask for Chris Hanson the next time you call in and I can assure you your donation will go where you ask it to. Not sure where the idea that NDSU "doesn't deserve" your donation is coming from.

I was refering to those in charge of marketing the NDSU fundraising drive, not the whole university. However, would it really be so bad to release numbers on money raised at the $10,000 or less single donations? Give us little guys a feeling of accomplishment. That we can come together and make a dent.

Hell, give it a name, we got 10 million from Sanford, 5 million from Scheels, and 1.5 million from "The Herd". Would that be so bad or hard to do? Hell, look at the photo at the top of Bisonville. We are here!!!

Heck don't even list everyone else if you want to hide some of the numbers, just have a graph showing what the herd has done.

I'm just not satisfied with the effort, especially when we have seen these things die in the past.

Just let a guy vent for a while . . . . I'll come back around.

roadwarrior
03-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Everyone makes their own decision whether to donate their hard earned money to any cause. I am not going to tell anyone whether they should make a contribution or not. Many cannot possibly afford to, others may not want to.

I can see the impact that this project has for the NDSU Athletic department for decades to come. And this impact goes much farther than just the basketball program. If affects every student athlete at NDSU, even the football team. This building will be the "home" of NDSU athletics and as such will be the front door for the whole department.

The reasons above are why I have chosen to make contibutions to this project. Nobody has to. It is purely a voluntary donation, and with any volunteer effort there are those that participate and there are those that choose not to.

I agree with some of the criticism of the fund raising efforts for this project, but to say that this is not priority #1 for the athletic department is just wrong.

CAS4127
03-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I was refering to those in charge of marketing the NDSU fundraising drive, not the whole university. However, would it really be so bad to release numbers on money raised at the $10,000 or less single donations? Give us little guys a feeling of accomplishment. That we can come together and make a dent.

Hell, give it a name, we got 10 million from Sanford, 5 million from Scheels, and 1.5 million from "The Herd". Would that be so bad or hard to do? Hell, look at the photo at the top of Bisonville. We are here!!!

Heck don't even list everyone else if you want to hide some of the numbers, just have a graph showing what the herd has done.

I'm just not satisfied with the effort, especially when we have seen these things die in the past.

Just let a guy vent for a while . . . . I'll come back around.

Road, I agree with this. Why have I, as a graduate of and former player for NDSU not been solicited on an individual basis. And it shouldn't be limited to graduates/former players, it should be a mass campaign directed at all Bison fans/supporters. Heck, my parents would probably donate just because of the experience my family had with NDSU. Or did I miss something?

roadwarrior
03-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Road, I agree with this. Why have I, as a graduate of and former player for NDSU not been solicited on an individual basis. And it shouldn't be limited to graduates/former players, it should be a mass campaign directed at all Bison fans/supporters. Heck, my parents would probably donate just because of the experience my family had with NDSU. Or did I miss something?

I agree with you too CAS.

TheBisonator
03-11-2011, 08:39 PM
I've been an NDSU alum for almost a year now, and I still haven't recieved one piece of mail from the Alumni Association or anything having to do with TeamMakers, donations, etc.

Funny thing is that I probably could've afforded to donate a couple hundred bucks last fall (when my financial situation was better than it is now) If I would've been contacted by NDSU. That money would've gone to the SHAC.

SDbison
03-11-2011, 09:06 PM
It is disgraceful and inexcuseable how NDSU is running the fundraising campaign for the SHAC. I gave $200 about 4 years ago that was intended for this building - momentum fund? They have pissed around and moved the amounts and distribution of money in this fundraiser and now some think I should just send in money with another wish for it eventually helping the cause? I guess those at Bisonville well connected to higher ups at NDSU are afraid to tell them how we feel.

Road is there any way with your connections you could help point this in the right direction..........your post at the start of this thread seemed a good idea during the basketball season. Time to get donations from everywhere......big and small!

Gully
03-12-2011, 01:03 AM
I am surprised it has taken this long and I don't have a good answer for why they wouldn't be soliciting smaller donations. Could it be they are afraid this will canibalize their annual scholarship donations? That's just purely a guess. When you start doing the math it would take an awful lot of $200 donations to get this done. Not saying they shouldn't try but there aren't enough $200 donations out there to do it, it's going to take some more bigger donations as well.

TheBisonator
03-15-2011, 10:36 PM
So has ANYONE heard anything new, or are we still left guessing??

I've been saving a toonie a day for the past week, basically siphoning it off my weekly budget, and I already have 14 bucks. (Keep in mind I don't have a lot of money right now) I might be able to have 50 bucks total by April 1st. This is all money I'm hoping to give to the project, and I'm FREAKING POOR. So those of you with tens of thousands in the bank should be able to slice off a grand or so to HELP US BUILD THIS DAMN THING!!!

Maybe another SDbison rant will calm my nerves. SD, take it away!!!

heckler
03-16-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm willing to give a grand or two if I knew what was actually going on.

coldspot
03-16-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm willing to give a grand or two if I knew what was actually going on.

I'm sure the people in charge of fundraising wish they knew what was going on too :hide:

DORMIE
03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
They're probly still in the quiet part of the campaing where they try and lock up some of the larger gifts, then it's on to the basic campaing. Hopefully, this will happen soon. Trust me, the Development Foundation knows what they're doing. Thats what they do for a living.

Answer Guy
03-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I might be able to have 50 bucks total by April 1st. This is all money I'm hoping to give to the project, and I'm FREAKING POOR.

That's Canadian though? So about $14.00? :nod:

Tatanka
03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Trust me, the Development Foundation knows what they're doing. Thats what they do for a living.

No disrespect Dormie, but the latter does not inherently imply the former.

TheBisonator
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
That's Canadian though? So about $14.00? :nod:

No, more like 60 bucks American.

(Canadian $ is worth more:D)

lakesbison
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
No shit Heckler. Sell a dam seat license!!

3500 season ticket holders at $1000/ seat =$3.5 mill?

MN_BISON
03-17-2011, 02:34 AM
I heard from a very good source that they raised another million on the AZ trip a few weeks ago.

lakesbison
03-17-2011, 03:04 AM
1 million? whats that gonna do..

TbonZach
03-17-2011, 03:05 AM

Get the SHAC $1 million closer to being started?

MN_BISON
03-17-2011, 03:07 AM
1 million? whats that gonna do

Not sure, maybe take the total left to raise down by $1,000,000.00 Where I come from that's a lot of scratch but I guess it's just chump change to you. Time to write a check big boy.

lakesbison
03-17-2011, 03:07 AM
my idea brings in $3.5 million.

so we are $16 mill short instead of $17 now?

NDSUstudent
03-17-2011, 03:25 AM
my idea brings in $3.5 million.

so we are $16 mill short instead of $17 now?

Pretty sure we aren't $16 million short.

TheBisonator
03-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Pretty sure we aren't $16 million short.

I'm just gonna guess that we're still 7 or 8 million short, considering from what I have been hearing. Anyone who knows the real number can post here at any time.

SDbison
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Just the fact that nobody at Bisonville with all of their varied connections has a clue where things are at proves how screwed up things are with SHAC fundraising. Hey Gene Taylor.....Pres Breschani (SP?) any body give a rip? The appearance at the dance 2 years ago has likely faded from any recruits memory. Showing off the BSA cannot help. Guess Bison coaches have now resorted lieing like the coaches at UND do about their retractable roof stadium.

roadwarrior
03-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Just the fact that nobody at Bisonville with all of their varied connections has a clue where things are at proves how screwed up things are with SHAC fundraising.

Just because I don't post what I hear, doesn't mean that I don't know something. I just don't see that I need to post "breaking news" of every detail that I may happen to hear in a casual conversation with an "insider".

SDbison
03-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Obviously those in charge don't have a plan or a timeline. Good grief, lets just wait in see what happens.......great way to not accomplish something.

bisonmike2
03-17-2011, 05:12 PM

apparently Lakes is such a big balla that a million dollars is chump change.

56BISON73
03-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Just the fact that nobody at Bisonville with all of their varied connections has a clue where things are at proves how screwed up things are with SHAC fundraising. Hey Gene Taylor.....Pres Breschani (SP?) any body give a rip? The appearance at the dance 2 years ago has likely faded from any recruits memory. Showing off the BSA cannot help. Guess Bison coaches have now resorted lieing like the coaches at UND do about their retractable roof stadium.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
Why you would say something like this is uncalled for.

Facts
03-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Here's my idea: Ask the students to vote on a "Build the SHAC" student fee increase. If student fees were increase by say $150/student/semester that's 14000 x 150 x 2 = $4.2 million dollars/year (if you only count fall and spring semesters). Run the fee increase for 2-3 yrs (or as long as needed) and start building ASAP because that is essentially committed money. If this idea were marketed to the students in the right way I think it could be a "cause" that students would want to get behind... maybe.

Tatanka
03-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Here's my idea: Ask the students to vote on a "Build the SHAC" student fee increase. If student fees were increase by say $150/student/semester that's 14000 x 150 x 2 = $4.2 million dollars/year (if you only count fall and spring semesters). Run the fee increase for 2-3 yrs (or as long as needed) and start building ASAP because that is essentially committed money. If this idea were marketed to the students in the right way I think it could be a "cause" that students would want to get behind... maybe.

Would be nice, but this would be a disaster from a PR standpoint. Students pay enough in fees as it is. We don't want to be a UND here, doing the D-I thing on the backs of the students via fees...

SDbison
03-18-2011, 03:55 PM
:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
Why you would say something like this is uncalled for.
Chill out.......just a bit of sarcasm!
What do the coaches tell recruits anyway?......there's a sorta, kinda, good chance you might get to utilize the new track or basketball practice facility in the last of your five years here? Ummm.....the sauna, I mean BS Arena replacement, should possibly be built sometime in the next decade, just not sure when......depends on the fundraising that nobody can tell where its at, but people say its going well.......we can't assume anything cause you never know if the ND legislature will want to audit and stall privately funded projects like this......just go with it.......someday this will be a nice place, but not likely while you're here.

Facts
03-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Would be nice, but this would be a disaster from a PR standpoint. Students pay enough in fees as it is. We don't want to be a UND here, doing the D-I thing on the backs of the students via fees...

I agree, but if this were a student lead initiative (via a vote) then I think it's justified.

North Side
03-19-2011, 01:05 AM

I like the idea because the students get a say... but the ND legislature talking about cutting funds to higher ed. and the always increasing tuition and fees every year as it is. I would be shocked if college students would be voting to increase fees. We have zero coin.

Also 95% of college students don't even know what voting is, they are so apathetic, plus about 2,000 out of the 14,000 of the students even attend a basketball game.

obviously someone will have to bit the bullet to pay for this... donors,tax payers students.. I guess time will tell

roadwarrior
03-19-2011, 01:12 AM
I am pretty sure that students are not going to be asked to contribute to this project.

Facts
03-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Did the students vote to increase fees that helped to build the new wellness center?

Civil06
03-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Did the students vote to increase fees that helped to build the new wellness center?

Yes, on the same ballot that they voted to pay for the union renovation/expansion. I got to pay for both for a few years and have never been in either.

coldspot
03-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Yes, on the same ballot that they voted to pay for the union renovation/expansion. I got to pay for both for a few years and have never been in either.

the union is great if there aren't clubs/organizations hassling you for your membership and money and the wellness center is great if nobody is in it, basically when the bench press toolsheds aren't in there.

Twentysix
03-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I really doubt students would approve any kind of fee raise, as said before, 2000 unique students attend atleast 1 basketball game throughout the year, most of the games there were more like 30 students or less, and its typically the same 30. That UND game really inflated the unique student number.

And Tution is supposed to raise something like ......

The best thing about NDSU is that it is an inexpensive university to attend. Sure, NDSU has some great teachers and classes, but in the end, its main draw is that it's easy to afford. Apparently most of the representatives in the North Dakota House have either forgotten or are ignoring NDSU's and the other state school's top incentive.

Recently, the House voted with a vast majority to cut money out of the governor's budget proposal that would have gone to cap tuition rates at 2.5 percent. Without the cap, tuition increases are projected to increase by about 4.1 percent, but they could go even higher.
From Spectrum

Ill vote for it if the government will allow me on wellfare while in college...or foodstamps, or something else that other people in like(financial) situations are allowed to use.

Twentysix
03-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Incase your not following, thats already 150 bucks on 12 credits.

Take your fee's and shove'em :banghead:

BisBison
03-19-2011, 02:29 PM

In that case you should feel good about helping to put two really great buildings on campus. Today's students thank you and so do I. :cheers:

Civil06
03-19-2011, 04:25 PM
In that case you should feel good about helping to put two really great buildings on campus. Today's students thank you and so do I. :cheers:

I'm glad they're there - I just get a little jealous of today's students looking at them when I go to football games. :)

Also,at the same time students were approving fee increases, the tuition increases for three consecutive years were something 16%-18%-15% and double digits again my last year if memory serves me right. Still was a bargain after all that and the best investment I will ever make. Go Bison!

Leonardite
03-23-2011, 10:53 PM

Hear hear! I am in your same boat, though I have been in the Union since the expansion. Though reluctantly (due to being a broke college kid), I did vote for both projects. They were excellent additions to campus that I am glad we gave to future classes at NDSU.

**Edit - And Civil06 is spot on - our tuition got jacked like crazy every year I was at NDSU, yet the students STILL approved the building projects. To me that speaks a lot for the pride the students at NDSU have for their university.

DjKyRo
03-24-2011, 01:24 AM
I really doubt students would approve any kind of fee raise, as said before, 2000 unique students attend atleast 1 basketball game throughout the year, most of the games there were more like 30 students or less, and its typically the same 30. That UND game really inflated the unique student number.

No way those numbers are at all accurate, particularly the 30 one. I understand it's guesswork but don't base a judgment of the university's administrative protocols with regards to tuition increase based on numbers you conjure up for yourself.

TheBisonator
03-24-2011, 01:41 AM
No way those numbers are at all accurate, particularly the 30 one. I understand it's guesswork but don't base a judgment of the university's administrative protocols with regards to tuition increase based on numbers you conjure up for yourself.

I can't speak for this year, but from about 2005 to 2009, there were more students in the stands even at basketball games than there were the past couple years. not to mention football games, which was talked about in previous threads. But the point is that NDSU students are loyal, they're on a budget, but they're loyal. And if students think it's worth it to pay a little extra for something awesome (like the wellness centre expansion), they will.

As for the fundraising aspect of this topic, I'm just going to venture a guess that the total amount of funds in hand and pledged totals $25 million. And I'm pulling that number out of my ass.

Now I have to drag my sick ass home and go to bed, so I can wake up at 7am to get some late animation assignments done. I think I'm starting to hate Toronto. This place is like a 6 million inmate prison. Maybe I am the kind of guy who likes smaller towns after all... Can't even fart in public in this place, always someone within 10 feet of earshot from you... grumble grumble

duluthbison
03-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Just saw this on SU' tv news tonight. Irv is in studio and explains some of the fundraising for the BSA project and why things are taking so long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffgIYB8aBHc#t=06m21s

Kermit
03-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Just saw this on SU' tv news tonight. Irv is in studio and explains some of the fundraising for the BSA project and why things are taking so long.

Excellent interview and great info from Erv. Nice work all around!

sambini
03-27-2011, 06:35 AM

Thanks for the link. Erv is the man on a mission on this project.

herdmember
03-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Excellent! And nice job by the interviewer as well.

Bison03
03-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Irv says construction can't start until all funds are raised and that they are less that 2 million away. That's good news. Can we put a big jar somewhere?

DjKyRo
03-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Irv says construction can't start until all funds are raised and that they are less that 2 million away. That's good news. Can we put a big jar somewhere?

BUT SDBISON SAID IT WON'T HAPPEN FOR DECADES! AAAARRRGGGGGHHH!

mebisonII
03-30-2011, 04:08 PM

But, from the other threads, is it $2 million away for the SHAC, or the track facility, or both? I was under the impression its $2 million away from the track facility and still a ??? on the SHAC.

roadwarrior
03-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Its less than $2 million for the indoor track. (which is a part of the $32 million total)

SDbison
04-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Sorry, you are wrong............I never said that. Please apologize.
As for the Arena, that project is not getting started for quite a while. Even if the track building starts construction this year, which is questionable, the funding for the 2 phases of the BSA renovation has to be completed and then work can start on the basketball practice facility. That is at least 2 years away. With that in mind the arena renovation is at best 4 to 5 years away from completion.
I have said that none of the current basketball team will likely play in the new arena and at some of the team may get 1 or 2 years practice in the new practice area.

NDSUstudent
04-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Athletic director Gene Taylor said the track and field portion of the BSA renovation needs to get going first before the arena portion of the project will start. The hope is to get funds committed to the track project and get something going on it by this fall. The track building is pegged at about $5 million.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/04/21/the-qb-depth-chart-at-least-as-of-today/

duluthbison
04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
So essentially the picture hasn't changed much yet. Hopefully they can get things rolling soon!

roadwarrior
04-21-2011, 07:15 PM
I recently increased my pledge.

Gully
04-21-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm confused.....if they need $5 million to get the track building going....don't they already have that much with all the announced pledges?

TheBisonator
04-21-2011, 10:29 PM
This fundraising effort sucks c*ck. Yeah I said it, green and yellow Kool-Aid drinkers. Same old song and dance as two years ago. I'm not going on an SDbison-style rant about this, I'll let him fill that one for himself.

Little League baseball teams are more efficient at fundraising than this crap we have going on.

"Bisonator, you should be ashamed. You have NO IDEA how hard Erv Inniger is working on this, blah blah blah" SHUT UP.

SDbison
04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
This fundraising effort sucks c*ck. Yeah I said it, green and yellow Kool-Aid drinkers. Same old song and dance as two years ago. I'm not going on an SDbison-style rant about this, I'll let him fill that one for himself.

Little League baseball teams are more efficient at fundraising than this crap we have going on.

"Bisonator, you should be ashamed. You have NO IDEA how hard Erv Inniger is working on this, blah blah blah" SHUT UP.
Bisonator you OK? You just posted to yourself.
I called out the issue with screwed up fundraising efforts at NDSU a long time ago. I am just as correct about the situation now as I was back then. A bunch of posters here see through green and yellow glasses and just can't handle the truth.

TheBisonator
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Bisonator you OK? You just posted to yourself.

Yeah, the last part was me giving an example of what I should expect from the Kool-Aid drinkers for making my comments.

DjKyRo
04-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Yeah, the last part was me giving an example of what I should expect from the Kool-Aid drinkers for making my comments.

I'm curious as to what you feel constitutes a "kool-aid drinker."

rockybison
04-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Bisonater, remember the Family Guy episode when the anti-Stewie bated the kool aid guy, and clobbered him. Funny. Keep your head down.

BlueBisonRock
04-22-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm curious as to what you feel constitutes a "kool-aid drinker."

There are many definitions. Some (as I just learned) belittle one of the political parties and are even pointing to users of the phrase as being racist.

The phrase is commonly used in a variety of contexts to describe blind, uncritical acceptance or following, generally in a derogatory sense.

Urban dictionary states the definition as "People who believe anything they are told. People who refuse to change there minds when confronted with facts."

The phrase was then pointed at liberal democrats who were thought to be liberal simply because they were told to be liberal. Some say the phrase became racist when the term was used to berate Obama's supporters who were supposedly supporting him blindly or without any facts.

The phrase originated with the Jonestown Massacre where most of his followers chose to drink koolaid laced with potassium cyanide resulting in the deaths of over 900 of the 1100 Jim Jones followers.

I find it to be a phrase that is intended to intimidate an opposing viewpoint in an argument as the facts become moot and the discussion plays on the recipant's standing and self perception. (Come on KyRo, be your own man!)

Ain't teh interwebs interesting?

sambini
04-22-2011, 12:40 AM
I recently increased my pledge.

Thanks Road++++++++++

DjKyRo
04-22-2011, 12:55 AM
There are many definitions. Some (as I just learned) belittle one of the political parties and are even pointing to users of the phrase as being racist.

The phrase is commonly used in a variety of contexts to describe blind, uncritical acceptance or following, generally in a derogatory sense.

Urban dictionary states the definition as "People who believe anything they are told. People who refuse to change there minds when confronted with facts."

The phrase was then pointed at liberal democrats who were thought to be liberal simply because they were told to be liberal. Some say the phrase became racist when the term was used to berate Obama's supporters who were supposedly supporting him blindly or without any facts.

The phrase originated with the Jonestown Massacre where most of his followers chose to drink koolaid laced with potassium cyanide resulting in the deaths of over 900 of the 1100 Jim Jones followers.

I find it to be a phrase that is intended to intimidate an opposing viewpoint in an argument as the facts become moot and the discussion plays on the recipant's standing and self perception. (Come on KyRo, be your own man!)

Ain't teh interwebs interesting?

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the_more_you_know2.jpg

HerdBot
04-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Why don't they do something with engraved donation bricks? You know, the kind that have names of businesses and people engraved on it? Businesses would love it because its lifetime advertising.

Its pretty simple actually. If every business in town was approached or every alumni called and they got some professional sales people they could have this done in 6 months. Easy. They could fund the sales team with funds from the bricks. What NDSU needs is a professional sales manager. Guys like Inniger are passionate and do a good job mingling with the wealthy but you never see them approach local businesses. Consider this. I can't stand Obama but they raised half of their campaign with small donations. We need to be proactive instead of hoping for huge donations that just don't happen very often.

Amy Ruley is a legendary coach but what makes her a good fundraiser? I've always wondered if its a coincidence our elite BB coaches are in fundraising. Must be good.

DORMIE
04-27-2011, 01:25 AM
I have an Alumni Board meeting on May 12. I'll try an get an idea of what the situation is then ane report back on this board. I'm not afraid to ask any questions.

BisBison
04-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I have an Alumni Board meeting on May 12. I'll try an get an idea of what the situation is then ane report back on this board. I'm not afraid to ask any questions.

Dormie, you behave at that meeting. I'll be watching you:cheers:

TransAmBison
04-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Why don't they do something with engraved donation bricks? You know, the kind that have names of businesses and people engraved on it? Businesses would love it because its lifetime advertising.

Its pretty simple actually. If every business in town was approached or every alumni called and they got some professional sales people they could have this done in 6 months. Easy. They could fund the sales team with funds from the bricks. What NDSU needs is a professional sales manager. Guys like Inniger are passionate and do a good job mingling with the wealthy but you never see them approach local businesses. Consider this. I can't stand Obama but they raised half of their campaign with small donations. We need to be proactive instead of hoping for huge donations that just don't happen very often.

Amy Ruley is a legendary coach but what makes her a good fundraiser? I've always wondered if its a coincidence our elite BB coaches are in fundraising. Must be good.
Me thinks you have never been in sales. You make it sound like every sales pitch if done well will succeed. Seriously...a lot of businesses in Fargo would pass...

Answer Guy
04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Me thinks you have never been in sales. You make it sound like every sales pitch if done well will succeed. Seriously...a lot of businesses in Fargo would pass...

Maybe you're using the wrong salesman?...

I need a change...is anyone looking for a guy who can sell ice to eskimos, has 150 IQ, and thinks he's awesome? I'm on the market...

sambini
04-28-2011, 06:24 AM
I have an Alumni Board meeting on May 12. I'll try an get an idea of what the situation is then ane report back on this board. I'm not afraid to ask any questions. This Buds for you++++

DjKyRo
04-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Like the ones built into the floor of the alumni center?

Greenie
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Heard that down to the final 3 architecture candidates for the new track facility -- plan to break ground by the fall

There will be a SHAC website launched soon that will show plans, donation progress, etc

Kermit
05-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Heard that down to the final 3 architecture candidates for the new track facility -- plan to break ground by the fall

There will be a SHAC website launched soon that will show plans, donation progress, etc

Great news. Thanks Greenie!

BisBison
05-03-2011, 01:29 AM

Great news and might I say about freakin time.

Greenie
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I just hope they do the indoor track facility right. What I mean is that it contains a top notch track surface and sufficient spectator seating of course, but that it also has field turf for track-related field events and for multi-sport training when the weather is crummy. In this part of the country, DI schools need an indoor training facility that has field turf for sports like football, soccer, baseball, softball. And either the remodeled BSA or the new indoor track facility needs to have batting cages for baseball/softball. There's probably other bells and whistles needed and hopefully they will be in the SHAC somewhere.

HerdBot
05-03-2011, 06:38 PM

I was a sales manager for many years and a pretty damn good one. Sales 101... If you dont talk to anyone your not going to sell anything. Increase the number of contacts and increase sales. Its like fishing. Will you catch more fish using 1 fishing rod or 5? Or 10? Its hard work but this can be done. It all starts with leadership. Nobody will know were trying to raise money if we don't ask. The odds of someone approaching NDSU to voluntary give money is so small. Those people already donate. A sales professional can build value and sell.

We have so many wasted contact points it makes me sick. Road Warrior touched on this. We have games, events, ticket offices... why not take donations at the spring game? The pics were nice but we can do more. Heck we could sell a brick to half the faculty. They could tell friends.they could put it in facebook.

Bison bison
05-10-2011, 02:48 AM
We have so many wasted contact points it makes me sick. Road Warrior touched on this. We have games, events, ticket offices... why not take donations at the spring game? The pics were nice but we can do more. Heck we could sell a brick to half the faculty. They could tell friends.they could put it in facebook.

Apparently you don't know many faculty.

Tatanka
05-10-2011, 08:36 AM

he did not specify what the brick would be made of. Please re-evaluate.

GOB1SON
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM

he did not specify what the brick would be made of. Please re-evaluate.

ND is right on this one. 90% of the faculty could care less. The brick could be made of shit from the sheep barn and unless there was funding for half a grad student attached to it, it wouldn't sell.

tony
05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
ND is right on this one. 90% of the faculty could care less. The brick could be made of shit from the sheep barn and unless there was funding for half a grad student attached to it, it wouldn't sell.

They need a Come to Jesus meeting because I don't see why the faculty can possibly expect us to go to bat for them when, often, they act like they could give a rat's ass about anything outside of their own internal politics.

HerdBot
05-14-2011, 07:15 PM

I honestly don't know any thing about the faculty. Why should we NOT ATTEMPT IT just because everyone has preconcieved notions? Were prequalifying them? Sounds like we've already made the decision for them that they will not contribute.

duluthbison
05-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Any new updates?

roadwarrior
05-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Any new updates?

Yes, I bought naming rights to the student-athlete commons area.

Gully
05-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Herd Mentality finalized his offer to name the urinals today as well.

North Side
05-19-2011, 02:00 AM
Herd Mentality finalized his offer to name the urinals today as well.

Are we going to have ________ logos at the bottom of them?

sambini
05-19-2011, 03:23 AM

++++++++++++++++++++++++

tony
05-19-2011, 12:55 PM

Way to go, Roadwarrior!

Bison bison
05-19-2011, 04:28 PM

Seriously!?!

I don't know if that inspires or depresses me about my level of support...

roadwarrior
05-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes seriously. I left the urinals for other donors.

Gully
05-19-2011, 05:57 PM

Wow, that's awesome! I thought you were kidding. If I would have know it was serious, I wouldn't have brought up the urinal discussion.

That's pretty cool, it's great we have such passionate fans willing to step up like that.

TheBisonator
05-19-2011, 05:57 PM

How much did you donate to get your name on there??

I would think it must be in the hundreds of thousands, or at least over 100 grand...

On another note, I wonder how much it would cost to get a brick with a plaque of your name on it.

TAILG8R
05-19-2011, 07:49 PM
How much did you donate to get your name on there??

I would think it must be in the hundreds of thousands, or at least over 100 grand...

On another note, I wonder how much it would cost to get a brick with a plaque of your name on it.

As my dad used to say when I asked how much the check was after a meal ... "That's for me to know and for you to find out"

Da Bison
05-19-2011, 10:07 PM
:judges: Good for you Road:bow:

I am in discussions for naming rights on the existing building.

"Da Bison Sports Arena"

:rimshot:

scheelsguy
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks Road!

SlickVic
05-20-2011, 02:47 AM

This buds for you +++++++ what's a guy gotta do to grab some courtside seats? Any idea I should be in that market soon