PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ND verbal

SUBISON247
01-05-2011, 02:47 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/303797/group/Sports/

Andrew Okland

I like the size but a 4.7 40 for a receiver is not too impressive.

westnodak93bison
01-05-2011, 03:11 AM

Andrew Okland

40 times are over rated. Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 40 at the NFL Combine and I think he did pretty well getting open, catching the ball and getting yards after catch.

rutlandbison
01-05-2011, 03:18 AM
40 times are over rated. Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 40 at the NFL Combine and I think he did pretty well getting open, catching the ball and getting yards after catch.
Jerry Rice is an amazing exception. I wouldnt compare him to Jerry Rice.

westnodak93bison
01-05-2011, 03:28 AM

Of course he is an exception but you know what I mean.

CivilBison96
01-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Continuing "obscure" comparisons....He's the same size as Randy Moss!!

EndZoneQB
01-05-2011, 03:44 AM
WAIT, are you SERIOUS?? He verballed???? OMFG this is the FIRST I've heard of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HerdBot
01-05-2011, 05:01 AM

Andrew Okland

He doesn't run a 4.7. His highlight video says 4.5. The last Forum report said 4.6.I swear they just guess on these numbers. The differene between 4.5 and 4.7 is monsterous. Watch him outrun the defense and tell me he runs slower than Matt Anderson. No chance.

ndsubison1
01-05-2011, 06:48 AM

Andrew Okland

40 times dont mean much for WR. if you can run routes effectively and turn dbacks hips, thats what matters

HerdBot
01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
40 times dont mean much for WR. if you can run routes effectively and turn dbacks hips, thats what matters

They matter but not nearly as much as people talk about. Besides, this kid is tall, has a huge vertical, great hands, leaping ability AND is fast at 4.5. Even if it's 4.6 they can make him faster. No chance it's 4.7.

roadwarrior
01-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Andrew plays hoops too:

Okland paces South to win against Central

Andrew Okland lifted Fargo South to a 72-60 win over Grand Forks Central in Eastern Dakota Conference boys basketball on Tuesday.
Okland led the Bruins (4-3, 5-1 EDC) with 17 points and nine rebounds.

Mr. Burgundy
01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Andrew plays hoops too:

I love how everyone is critical about height/weight/speed, etc.....Lets just relax. If Ben Woodside was 6'4, he would start for the Lakers. If Okland ran a 4.38 and played HS football for the past 4 years, he would be at Alabama. Sometimes there is a reason we get him. Remember Joe Mays? Stop looking to much at measurables and look at the football player. How often do you watch a bigtime game and they talk about an undersized kid who plays his balls off? There is a reason some of these kids "fall" to NDSU....which is exactly the reason we WANT them. Thanks for the early morning vent.

tjbison
01-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Andrew plays hoops too:

I heard he only committed to NDSU because Bohl promised he could Play hoops too, but Saul has yet to contact him and hes already thinking Transfer

:hide: :hide: ;) :D

EndZoneQB
01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I love how everyone is critical about height/weight/speed, etc.....Lets just relax. If Ben Woodside was 6'4, he would start for the Lakers. If Okland ran a 4.38 and played HS football for the past 4 years, he would be at Alabama. Sometimes there is a reason we get him. Remember Joe Mays? Stop looking to much at measurables and look at the football player. How often do you watch a bigtime game and they talk about an undersized kid who plays his balls off? There is a reason some of these kids "fall" to NDSU....which is exactly the reason we WANT them. Thanks for the early morning vent.

Not to mention he trained as a CC runner the last 2 years or whatever. That is completely different training than running for football. I am not worried.

rutlandbison
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
[quote=westnodak93bison;460709]Of course he is an exception but you know what I mean.[/quot

Yes, I know;)

Kermit
01-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Andrew plays hoops too:

I watched Okland play several football games this fall, but I was SOLD on his value as a Bison recruit after I had the opportunity to watch him play basketball recently.

He is a good, but not great high school basketball player. When I watched him I wanted to see evidence of toughness and strength. Is this the kind of guy who can make a big catch in traffic and take a hit. First, I was impressed that he is thicker than I thought. Second, he was very aggressive on the boards and he certainly has the athletic ability to "go get the ball."

He will need lots of development, but he has good tools!

bisonbuddy
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
4.7 seems crazy fast to me. :D

HandoEX
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Who on the list of all time great WRs had great 40 times? Randy Moss and who else???

Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, Steve Largent, Terrell Owens, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald all ran similar times to Okland.

GOB1SON
01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
So in the end we recruited a guy with the size of Randy Moss and the speed of Jerry Rice.

Now if we can just find a kid with Joe Montana's smarts, Steve Young's legs, and Tom Brady's arm.

HerdBot
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Guys he doesn't run a 4.7. This video says he runs a 4.5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JuPEsw8fko

The Forum reported he ran a 4.6 last month. This most recent article was written by "staff writers" and they clearly did not do their research.

The kid is tall, had a 31'' vertical, great hands, and runs a 4.5. He will get faster with training. Let's stop the Jerry Rice speed discussion because he's faster than him. He's not Moss fast but if he was he would be playing for Oregon.

Watch him outrun defenders. He's fast. Not 4.7. No chance.

CAS4127
01-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Guys he doesn't run a 4.7. This video says he runs a 4.5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JuPEsw8fko

The Forum reported he ran a 4.6 last month. This most recent article was written by "staff writers" and they clearly did not do their research.

The kid is tall, had a 31'' vertical, great hands, and runs a 4.5. He will get faster with training. Let's stop the Jerry Rice speed discussion because he's faster than him. He's not Moss fast but if he was he would be playing for Oregon.

Watch him outrun defenders. He's fast. Not 4.7. No chance.

Thanks Gabe, but I will wait to see how "fast" he is when compared to players on a college field. Not dissing this guy, but to compare to Jerry Rice and Randy Moss??? I mean seriously!!! If I were a Who fan on this board, I could be linking this talk to the SS board and be laughing my ass off. Ya, he looks good, but let's keep things in just a little perspective and apply some common sense, rather than non-sense.

HandoEX
01-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks Gabe, but I will wait to see how "fast" he is when compared to players on a college field. Not dissing this guy, but to compare to Jerry Rice and Randy Moss??? I mean seriously!!! If I were a Who fan on this board, I could be linking this talk to the SS board and be laughing my ass off. Ya, he looks good, but let's keep things in just a little perspective and apply some common sense, rather than non-sense.

Did you even read what he posted?

sambini
01-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Andrew glad your gonna be a BISON. Welcome+++++

Fightin' Bison
01-05-2011, 05:57 PM
40 times are over rated.

Like hell they are.

tjbison
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Like hell they are.

They are if we don't believe them:hide:

HandoEX
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Like hell they are.

I beleive 40 times mean too much to some people and are overrated. Darius Heywood-Bey is a great example of a receiver going way higher in the draft than he should have, and ahead of much better players at the position (Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt, Hakeem Nicks, Austin Collie, Percy Harvin), based mainly on the fact that he was the fastest of the bunch.

bisonsupporter
01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
I beleive 40 times mean too much to some people and are overrated. Darius Heywood-Bey is a great example of a receiver going way higher in the draft than he should have, and ahead of much better players at the position (Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt, Hakeem Nicks, Austin Collie, Percy Harvin), based mainly on the fact that he was the fastest of the bunch.

And the fact it was the Raiders who drafted him.

aces1180
01-05-2011, 06:27 PM

ahem....Troy Williamson

HandoEX
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
ahem....Troy Williamson

The only difference is that the entire draft class in 2005 for WR were mostly busts. Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, Matt Jones, and Mark Clayton all suck. Of the six WRs taken that year in the first round only the last one taken, Roddy White, turned out to be any good...and he needed a lot of coaching up before he blossomed. Vincent Jackson is the only other good WR from that entire draft class.

aces1180
01-05-2011, 06:56 PM
The only difference is that the entire draft class in 2005 for WR were mostly busts. Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, Matt Jones, and Mark Clayton all suck. Of the six WRs taken that year in the first round only the last one taken, Roddy White, turned out to be any good...and he needed a lot of coaching up before he blossomed. Vincent Jackson is the only other good WR from that entire draft class.

Yeah, but the only reason Williamson was drafted in the top-10 was because he had 4.3 speed...It's too bad he had 10# stone hands.

bisonmike2
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM

Because he is better than Rice, right? :)

HerdBot
01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Did you even read what he posted?

Thanks buddy I was wondering the same thing myself! All I was saying is he's faster than the Forum reported. He's not Randy Moss. He's faster than Rice. Never even mentioned the Fighting Poo. Although they did offer him.

I say we need to cue to one of my favorite movie clips... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

coldspot
01-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks buddy I was wondering the same thing myself! All I was saying is he's faster than the Forum reported. He's not Randy Moss. He's faster than Rice. Never even mentioned the Fighting Poo. Although they did offer him.

I say we need to cue to one of my favorite movie clips... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

according to them, they never offered, they were just slightly interested. and theyre saying some small O lineman is a better recruit than okland.

JustinTyem
01-05-2011, 09:01 PM

Andrew Okland

GREAT PICK, It will be wonderful to see some better WR's for Brock. With only having Warren as the deep threat,some BIG bodies in the slots will be HUGE to open up the passing game. Great FIND Coach!!!!

DORMIE
01-05-2011, 09:02 PM
A friend of mine, who I run into a couple of times a week, has a son that is a good friend of Andrew's. He said that both UND and NDSU offered him a half. For SS to say that he wasn't offered, it's pure BS. Even though UND picked up a couple of receivers last year and have one coming in from Colorado, their QB situation has to be in question. I really like our future with our young WR's and QB's. I watched that recruiting tape of Wentz. WHAT A BEAST.

Bison Dan
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
A friend of mine, who I run into a couple of times a week, has a son that is a good friend of Andrew's. He said that both UND and NDSU offered him a half. For SS to say that he wasn't offered, it's pure BS. Even though UND picked up a couple of receivers last year and have one coming in from Colorado, their QB situation has to be in question. I really like our future with our young WR's and QB's. I watched that recruiting tape of Wentz. WHAT A BEAST.

UND posters are in their own little world over there. Most of their verbals are players no one has ever heard of and have no offers from other schools (FCS). Their self-esteem is so low over there that they make a lot of shit up be make themselves feel better.

Dabison
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
UND posters are in their own little world over there. Most of their verbals are players no one has ever heard of and have no offers from other schools (FCS). Their self-esteem is so low over there that they make a lot of shit up be make themselves feel better.

Surprised they know what football is.... must be some confused hockey goers.

CAS4127
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Have you personally had him timed electronically??!!! He may say that he is 4.5, but I doubt seriously that he has been timed electronically. Rice's 40 times, whatever they were, were timed electronically. As for my reference to the Who, I meant that, if I were a Who fan and read your posts self-proclaiming this guy to be "faster than Rice" I would be laughing my ass off, as you have no clue, and yet you are proclaiming he is faster than a NFL HOF receiver. Get and effing clue.

Oh, and buy the way, should we call heads or tails on the Lafayette coin flip, should we defer or take the ball, etc., etc.:banghead: :banghead:

lakesbison
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Leave mplsbison alone!!!!

CAS4127
01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
By Bison Dan:
Their self-esteem is so low over there that they make a lot of shit up be make themselves feel better.

I think we have some of that going on here as well. Not saying you, but others for sure.

Hambone
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
according to them, they never offered, they were just slightly interested. and theyre saying some small O lineman is a better recruit than okland.

Ummm, sounds pretty much like B-ville when someone commits to UND. :nod:

Also, regarding Okland, I believe the only Sioux fan to say anything rated Okland as the number 3 recruit in the state behind Wentz and McGovern. Later, a Bison fan said he was number three and that "small lineman" was number 4, but they could probably be switched. I'm curious where you're seeing all these Sioux fans saying the small lineman is better.

Siouxfallsbison
01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Leave mplsbison alone!!!!

I like your Avatar's! Keep them coming!:D

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Ummm, sounds pretty much like B-ville when someone commits to UND. :nod:

Also, regarding Okland, I believe the only Sioux fan to say anything rated Okland as the number 3 recruit in the state behind Wentz and McGovern. Later, a Bison fan said he was number three and that "small lineman" was number 4, but they could probably be switched. I'm curious where you're seeing all these Sioux fans saying the small lineman is better.

Ham,

Morale of the story:

Who f'ing cares. At the end of the day, it only matters what happens on the field. This type of arguing is quite silly and the very reason I don't follow the recruiting as close as many.

I am happy things appear to be going well, be every team, every year makes it sound like they hit if out of the park.

bisonhusker
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Like I have said for years, Mussman would be better off and have more time recruiting players that will only get UND offers if he would simplycall up Craig Bohl and ask him what players he is going to take from the State of ND and the rest of the region. After that, Mussman could be more focused on filling out the rest of his roster, while not wasting resources. Just a waste of time for him to compete with the fastest coach in the region.

Bison"FANatic"
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Like I have said for years, Mussman would be better off and have more time recruiting players that will only get UND offers if he would simplycall up Craig Bohl and ask him what players he is going to take from the State of ND and the rest of the region. After that, Mussman could be more focused on filling out the rest of his roster, while not wasting resources. Just a waste of time for him to compete with the fastest coach in the region.

Or Mussman could call up Sioux Falls, Dickinson, U Of Mary and Moorhead and get their recruiting lists so he could recruit against peers.;) ;) ;)

THEsocalledfan
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM

Despite what I said above, this would see to be very solid logic. Why would any kid go to UND who could play for NDSU? Simply no logic to it. To prove it, the arguments:

1. But they have a med school.....but the player can do all their pre-med at NDSU just fine and start med school when done with football.

2. But they have a law school.....See above. Many fine lawyers who got their BS or BA from NDSU.

3. But they have whatever program NDSU does not have......well, you can't get a job in that anyway, so who cares unless you plan to pursue a PhD and teach/do research at a University. (Chem engineering may be the exception, but if that smart, pitch PNC to them.)

4. But they are they have crazy speed......show them actual data comparing recent recruits and let them know that Sioux Falls beat them......

5. But they have hockey......yes, I admit this is the hardest one to respond too.......:biggrin:

HerdBot
01-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Have you personally had him timed electronically??!!! He may say that he is 4.5, but I doubt seriously that he has been timed electronically. Rice's 40 times, whatever they were, were timed electronically. As for my reference to the Who, I meant that, if I were a Who fan and read your posts self-proclaiming this guy to be "faster than Rice" I would be laughing my ass off, as you have no clue, and yet you are proclaiming he is faster than a NFL HOF receiver. Get and effing clue.

Oh, and buy the way, should we call heads or tails on the Lafayette coin flip, should we defer or take the ball, etc., etc.:banghead: :banghead:

Not sure why your attacking me for reporting the 40 time his own dad put on his You Tube video. Call him up and be a dick. Call up Bohl and tell him you know more than he does and the kid tricked him.

Jerry Rice was extremely slow running the 40 and its very well documented. Actually about 4 other posters stated that first. Not sure why your attacking me for restating what they said. I thought I was stating the obvious. You clearly just don't get the point and your going off on another insanely idiotic
rant. Don't get your giant cheetah panties in a bunch!

CAS4127
01-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Not sure why your attacking me for reporting the 40 time his own dad put on his You Tube video. Call him up and be a dick. Call up Bohl and tell him you know more than he does and the kid tricked him.

Jerry Rice was extremely slow running the 40 and its very well documented. Actually about 4 other posters stated that first. Not sure why your attacking me for restating what they said. I thought I was stating the obvious. You clearly just don't get the point and your going off on another insanely idiotic rant. Don't get your giant cheetah panties in a bunch!

I don't know whether you were stating the "obvious", but your ability to recognize "it" never ceases to amaze me!! And, you finally got it correct, he/his dad said he runs a 4.5, and maybe he does, but the way you put it makes it look like fact, and that he is therefore faster than Rice. And you then went on to tell us that the Forum or whoever else may have stated differently was flat out incorrect. Don't get me wrong, I hope he is good, but I will wait to see, thank you.

Now, go back to your bisonnation forum or whatever the hell it is!!

tony
01-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Who is Fargo South playing against in the game in that highlight tape?

bisonhusker
01-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I just hope we are still looking for a 6 footer weighing in at 250 to play NT and stuff the middle. Who cares how fast the kid ran at South. Damn does it get old watching the back and forth over nothing. I think the kid looks pretty damn good on film and the coaches thought enough of him to offer. He wanted to be a Bison. Good for him! can't wait to see him develop.

HerdBot
01-06-2011, 10:31 PM
I don't know whether you were stating the "obvious", but your ability to recognize "it" never ceases to amaze me!! And, you finally got it correct, he/his dad said he runs a 4.5, and maybe he does, but the way you put it makes it look like fact, and that he is therefore faster than Rice. And you then went on to tell us that the Forum or whoever else may have stated differently was flat out incorrect. Don't get me wrong, I hope he is good, but I will wait to see, thank you.

Now, go back to your bisonnation forum or whatever the hell it is!!

The Forum showed they do not always pay attention to detail when they are that far off. 4.7 is dirt slow for a deep threat receiver but ok for a posession receiver. Considering most of his catches were deep and he only played 1 yearI doubt we would sign him unless he's closer to a 4.5

ndsubison1
01-07-2011, 05:28 AM
Who is Fargo South playing against in the game in that highlight tape?

first team is Grand Forks Central

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I just hope we are still looking for a 6 footer weighing in at 250 to play NT and stuff the middle. Who cares how fast the kid ran at South. Damn does it get old watching the back and forth over nothing. I think the kid looks pretty damn good on film and the coaches thought enough of him to offer. He wanted to be a Bison. Good for him! can't wait to see him develop.

I see what you did there, but I am not going to bite other than to say we don't use a NT in our 4-3 defense

Kermit
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I see what you did there, but I am not going to bite other than to say we don't use a NT in our 4-3 defense

CAS, you know this better than I do, but that statement may only confuse people. The Bison obviously line up in a 4-3, but the two defensive tackles line up in different gaps. Gratzek played what is commonly referred to as a "3-technique." Our other DT often plays a "1-technique"--commonly referred to as a nose tackle even though he doesn't line up directly over the center. See below:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

http://chi.scout.com/2/651881.html

Defensive tackles are normally referred to as 1-technique or 3-technique linemen. The term “technique” is misleading though, as it refers not to a player’s actual technique but where they line up at the start of a play. The defensive side of the line of scrimmage is divided into numbers. Each number corresponds with the placement of the offensive linemen. Directly in front of the center is the ‘0’ position, or 0-technique. Between the center and guard is the 1-technique, across from the guard is the 2-technique, and between the guard and tackle is the 3-technique. These numbers continue numerically along the line of scrimmage, but for our purposes we will discuss only the 0-3 techniques.

A 1-technique tackle is normally referred to as a nose tackle. He lines up in front of the center, often “shading” or sliding his hips to one of the center’s shoulders. Because they are double teamed by the guard and center on nearly every play, nose tackles are normally big, strong, and stout but less athletic. Alternatively, a 3-technique lineman, who lines up between the guard and tackle, is usually lighter and quicker at the point of attack. They are asked to shoot their gap and pierce the middle of the offensive line.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2011, 02:13 PM
At some point we need to trust the staff and apparently they see potential in the kid and he wants to be here. I'm ok with that. I'm confused as hell. We go from discussing a WR recruit to discussing which gap a NT and DT line up in?

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 02:24 PM
CAS, you know this better than I do, but that statement may only confuse people. The Bison obviously line up in a 4-3, but the two defensive tackles line up in different gaps. Gratzek played what is commonly referred to as a "3-technique." Our other DT often plays a "1-technique"--commonly referred to as a nose tackle even though he doesn't line up directly over the center. See below:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

http://chi.scout.com/2/651881.html

No, you are correct. Perhaps the confusion comes by way of using the term "nose tackle" as opposed to "nose guard". In a 3-4, the middle defensive lineman is can be referred as a either a nose guard, or nosetackle. So when using a tackle in a 1-technique, they can be referred to as a nose tackle. BTW, the "shading" referenced is normally called an "eye" technique, or "1-eye" or "3-eye" if you will.

Dabison
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
No, you are correct. Perhaps the confusion comes by way of using the term "nose tackle" as opposed to "nose guard". In a 3-4, the middle defensive lineman is can be referred as a either a nose guard, or nosetackle. So when using a tackle in a 1-technique, they can be referred to as a nose tackle. BTW, the "shading" referenced is normally called an "eye" technique, or "1-eye" or "3-eye" if you will.

It's supposed to be 'i' meaning inside shade. Head up alignments are even numbered techniques while outside shades are odd numbers. Then any inside shade is an even number with an 'i' connected to it. Sometimes a 2i technique Nose is called a 'G' Technique.

I think this is what you are talking about.

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
It's supposed to be 'i' meaning inside shade. Head up alignments are even numbered techniques while outside shades are odd numbers. Then any inside shade is an even number with an 'i' connected to it. Sometimes a 2i technique Nose is called a 'G' Technique.

I think this is what you are talking about.

Not ^ quite. Majory thread drift here but, what the hell:

http://football.calsci.com/images/Gaps.png

westriver bison
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't often comment on the football thread because I don't know much about how the game is "really" played. I enjoy watching football at all levels but usually just watch the ball.

Thanks to those of you that understand the game for explaining some of details.

Now this is really thread drift.

Bison"FANatic"
01-07-2011, 04:49 PM
QUOTE]

Majory thread drift here but, what the hell:

[/QUOTE]

It is the offseason. Thread drift is a way of life to keep us entertained and maybe even learning something

Notorious
01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
QUOTE]
It is the offseason. Thread drift is a way of life to keep us entertained and maybe even learning something

All of a funeral director's clients die within 6 months of their birthdays...eerie!!...and now you've learned something.

westriver bison
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
All of a funeral director's clients die within 6 months of their birthdays...eerie!!...and now you've learned something.

I did not know that;)

Answer Guy
01-07-2011, 05:05 PM

Check the obits in the paper sometime. Everyone dies alphabetically also :nod:

BlueBisonRock
01-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Check the obits in the paper sometime. Everyone dies alphabetically also :nod:

Wow. That means you will go just before me. . . Here's to your health!

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM

It's not their clients who die, it's their client's decedents, unless it is a prepaid deal--just sayin. Oh, and they apparently all die smiling-that's for you Answer Gay!

Answer Guy
01-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow. That means you will go just before me. . . Here's to your health!

I would assume numbers are before letters. Keep an eye on 56Bison73 :p

southcliffbison
01-07-2011, 05:11 PM

Truly, an outstanding deduction, Watson !

Kermit
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
client's decedents

I don't speak legalese. Is that language related to jive?

Tatanka
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
reminds me of an operations manager that got majorly pissed at his employees when i told him that on average 40% of vacation days taken result in a three day weekend. he said that was way too high and immediately implemented a stricter vacation request review policy.

or a ceo over several business units that mandated that nobody could have below average sales.

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't speak legalese. Is that language related to jive?

I will reference you over to the TCU Billboards thread for my answer to your questoion. Reference the handpainted portion of same.*

*FYI, footnotes are often used when writing legal memoradums!

Notorious
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Evidently a new study conducted by teh und was released today and concluded that 3/4 of people make up 75% of the World's population. Some of you may dislike teh und, but I, for one, am happy for this type of research.

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Evidently a new study conducted by teh und was released today and concluded that 3/4 of people make up 75% of the World's population. Some of you may dislike teh und, but I, for one, am happy for this type of research.

And just how, exactly, does that relate to the "fact" (also through conclusive studies at teh UND) that 96.5% of the time you will not make a putt if you do not get your ball to the hole?

Tatanka
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0809/pie-charts-demotivational-poster-1221014374.jpg

Apparently they're still perfecting the graphical depiction necessary to explain their findings to their alumni.

Notorious
01-07-2011, 05:51 PM
And just how, exactly, does that relate to the "fact" (also through conclusive studies at teh UND) that 96.5% of the time you will not make a putt if you do not get your ball to the hole?

One caveat...this study has not been "peer-reviewed", so take it for what it's worth; however, teh und is quoted as saying it has no peers???

Tatanka
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
One caveat...this study has not been "peer-reviewed", so take it for what it's worth; however, teh und is quoted as saying it has no peers???

Don't be silly. They're in the Big Fluffy.

Answer Guy
01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
or a ceo over several business units that mandated that nobody could have below average sales.

Average sales = one week sales conference in Fargo.
Below average sales = two week sales conference in Fargo.

Not sure if it's standard practice or just that candy company.:D

Tatanka
01-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Nicely played. :rofl:

Kermit
01-07-2011, 06:13 PM
I will reference you over to the TCU Billboards thread for my answer to your questoion. Reference the handpainted portion of same.*

*FYI, footnotes are often used when writing legal memoradums!

Beautiful. Now that is language that I can understand!
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=461568&postcount=3

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 06:15 PM

Teh UND football ticket salespeople are going to be spending a lot of time in Fargo--just sayin!!:nod: :D

Answer Guy
01-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Teh UND football ticket salespeople are going to be spending a lot of time in Fargo--just sayin!!:nod: :D

Don't need no stinkin' sales people.

Those babies sell themselves!:p

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Don't need no stinkin' sales people.

Those babies sell themselves!:p

Really??!!! I heard they had a difficult time giving away more than 30 to students at the last home game--better check my source again. Meanwhile, may I recomend the Red Carpet Hotel. There is no pool, no vending machines, poor parking, ingress and egress, but they normally change the bedding once a month.

Tatanka
01-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Meanwhile, may I recomend the Red Carpet Hotel. There is no pool, no vending machines, poor parking, ingress and egress, but they normally change the bedding once a month.

That's not a very nice thing to call a woman, even if she is a true redhead.

Answer Guy
01-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Really??!!! I heard they had a difficult time giving away more than 30 to students at the last home game--better check my source again. Meanwhile, may I recomend the Red Carpet Hotel. There is no pool, no vending machines, poor parking, ingress and egress, but they normally change the bedding once a month.

You heard? Better come and check for yourself. I'll try to save you a seat!

Which one is the Red Carpet, and why are you staying there a month at a time?

CAS4127
01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
You heard? Better come and check for yourself. I'll try to save you a seat!

Which one is the Red Carpet, and why are you staying there a month at a time?

I doubt you would have to "save" me a seat, unless its the Sioux Falls game--http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif The "Red Carpet" is the one with the "Red Carpet" sign. I don't stay there a month at a time, or at all for that matter, as it is normally booked fully year-round by the entire UND ticket sales staff and athletic administrators.http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif I think the FB coaches stay there after the recruiting season too!!http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/babyhaha.gif

Buthockey
01-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Despite what I said above, this would see to be very solid logic. Why would any kid go to UND who could play for NDSU? Simply no logic to it. To prove it, the arguments:

1. But they have a med school.....but the player can do all their pre-med at NDSU just fine and start med school when done with football.

2. But they have a law school.....See above. Many fine lawyers who got their BS or BA from NDSU.

3. But they have whatever program NDSU does not have......well, you can't get a job in that anyway, so who cares unless you plan to pursue a PhD and teach/do research at a University. (Chem engineering may be the exception, but if that smart, pitch PNC to them.)

4. But they are they have crazy speed......show them actual data comparing recent recruits and let them know that Sioux Falls beat them......

5. But they have hockey......yes, I admit this is the hardest one to respond too.......:biggrin:

YOU CAN'T CONTAIN ME... YOU CAN'T EVEN RESPOND TO ME...

56BISON73
01-08-2011, 03:14 AM
YOU CAN'T CONTAIN ME... YOU CAN'T EVEN RESPOND TO ME...

Diarrhea is difficult to contain.:D

TransAmBison
01-08-2011, 04:06 AM
I would just like to say I had nothing to do with the drifting of this thread, or CAS not getting his ball in a hole, or Answer Guy dying before BlueBisonRock, but not before 56Bison73 (Where is 56???? Uh oh), or whether it is a nose guard or nose tackle, what "technique" is preferred, or the westriverbison got all brave and posted in the football forum, or Tatanka's defense of beavers and/or other rodents despite their color, or that picture of pie. I like pie.

BlueBisonRock
01-08-2011, 04:37 AM
I would just like to say I had nothing to do with the drifting of this thread, or CAS not getting his ball in a hole, or Answer Guy dying before BlueBisonRock, but not before 56Bison73 (Where is 56???? Uh oh), or whether it is a nose guard or nose tackle, what "technique" is preferred, or the westriverbison got all brave and posted in the football forum, or Tatanka's defense of beavers and/or other rodents despite their color, or that picture of pie. I like pie.

Speaking on Answer Guy and that leafy dude's behalf:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/emots/msn-emoticon-hockey-100.gif

DORMIE
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Andrew was on the Kolpack/Izzo program this morning. He still hasn't visited. All it took was a visit to the Music Department, which is outstanding at NDSU. Michael Fairburn is a music major. I was talking to a music student a few months ago from GF in the Alumni Center. He felt that there were about 25 music majors from the Grand Forks area at NDSU. Guess thay don't need it for hockey players.

DjKyRo
01-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Andrew was on the Kolpack/Izzo program this morning. He still hasn't visited. All it took was a visit to the Music Department, which is outstanding at NDSU. Michael Fairburn is a music major. I was talking to a music student a few months ago from GF in the Alumni Center. He felt that there were about 25 music majors from the Grand Forks area at NDSU. Guess thay don't need it for hockey players.

The music instructing staff here at NDSU is second to none. Glad to see Andrew is going to be apart of it, he'll enjoy it tremendously.

Buthockey
01-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Speaking on Answer Guy and that leafy dude's behalf:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/emots/msn-emoticon-hockey-100.gif

Where'd you get that picture of my cousin Pierre-Jean?

BlueBisonRock
01-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Where'd you get that picture of my cousin Pierre-Jean?

Found it on a Scatchatoon PeeWee Hockey board...

Tatanka
01-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Found it on a Scatchatoon PeeWee Hockey board...
:eek:

DUDE. Not even gonna ask...

:hide: