PDA

View Full Version : Stanford vs. Va. Tech

westnodak93bison
01-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Can somebody please send a copy of this game to Vigen? Great demonstration on how to use the TE in conjunction with the power run game.

Jay
01-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Can somebody please send a copy of this game to Vigen? Great demonstration on how to use the TE in conjunction with the power run game.

That's funny... my brother just called and told me the same thing.

NDSUstudent
01-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Send it to Hazelton and he might tell Vigen about it. ;)

bisoningrandforks
01-04-2011, 03:46 AM
I love how stanford plays!!..both sides of the ball!!!..wish the bison could duplicate it!!

coldspot
01-04-2011, 03:53 AM
I liked the 5 different formation changes they did before the one play with 8 minutes left.

mgbison
01-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Harbaugh (sp?) is a fricking d-bag. He could at least answer the questions asked to him by the media. Fricking moron.

BadlandsBison
01-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Harbaugh (sp?) is a fricking d-bag. He could at least answer the questions asked to him by the media. Fricking moron.

Maybe he was in a hurry to talk to John Elway

westnodak93bison
01-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Maybe he was in a hurry to talk to John Elway

I was thinking the same thing. Brother is at the Ravens so why not give him a shot. How could he be worse than that punk McDaniels?

BadlandsBison
01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Brother is at the Ravens so why not give him a shot. How could he be worse than that punk McDaniels?

I thought I recognized the name. His brother is the d-coordinator right? I heard to Michigan might try to hire him as he is an alum, and the 49ers have already contacted him as well.

Off subject, but I would love to see the Broncos get talk to Jon Gruden.

NDSUstudent
01-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Harbaugh's brother is the head coach at Baltimore. Still kind of pissed the Vikes didn't at least look at Harbaugh.

ndsubison1
01-04-2011, 04:41 AM

that play action rollout pass to the TE who then leaped the defender along the sideline was sweet

ndsubison1
01-04-2011, 04:42 AM
I thought I recognized the name. His brother is the d-coordinator right? I heard to Michigan might try to hire him as he is an alum, and the 49ers have already contacted him as well.

Off subject, but I would love to see the Broncos get talk to Jon Gruden.

as soon as michigan fires rodriguez they will offer harbaugh on the spot

IndyBison
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM

The only reason they will fire Rodriguez is because they already have Harbaugh committed to sign. If they don't get Harbaugh, they keep Rodriguez around for at least another year. So my Michigan friends are telling me.

OrygunBison
01-04-2011, 06:16 PM
The only reason they will fire Rodriguez is because they already have Harbaugh committed to sign. If they don't get Harbaugh, they keep Rodriguez around for at least another year. So my Michigan friends are telling me.

This is true.

OrygunBison
01-04-2011, 06:18 PM
With the way the SEC has been playing in the bowls, I have been getting pretty concerned that the Ducks would not be able to play with Auburn. Knowing that the Ducks soundly beat a very VERY good Stanford team is giving me a little better sleep at night.

Yeah, yeah, I know...transitive properties of football be damned...

EndZoneQB
01-04-2011, 06:28 PM
With the way the SEC has been playing in the bowls, I have been getting pretty concerned that the Ducks would not be able to play with Auburn. Knowing that the Ducks soundly beat a very VERY good Stanford team is giving me a little better sleep at night.

Yeah, yeah, I know...transitive properties of football be damned...

I'd personally like to see an Oregon/Stanford rematch.

IndyBison
01-04-2011, 07:07 PM

One domino falls.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/sports/rich-rodriguez-fired-as-michigans-head-football-coach

The article states "Reports Tuesday said Harbaughs return to Michigan, however, is highly unlikely. He is reportedly deciding on staying at Stanford or pursuing a heading coaching position in the NFL." If Harbaugh is not there guy, RichRod must have been some kind of jerk internally to fire him for Brady Hoke or some other coach they will eventually find. They were improving and have a stud at QB with potentially 3 years left to play.

bisonsupporter
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Harbaugh will be going to his pick, the 49ers, Broncos, or Dolphins. Michigan can not touch the money he will get by going to the NFL.
Rodriguez never had a chance in Michigan. He was just a hot name to fill in after Carr left.

onbison09
01-04-2011, 08:57 PM

If he has deals pending, he's not going to ruin them by answering questions. And what more can he accomplish at Stanford?

CAS4127
01-04-2011, 09:04 PM
If he has deals pending, he's not going to ruin them by answering questions. And what more can he accomplish at Stanford?

Plus, he owes nothing to the media when compared to the respect he owes to his team after that performance and the season his team gave him. Like he said (paraphrasing), "let the kids enjoy this, and it is not about me tonight." Perhaps the media should keep their asses out other people's business for at least some sort of decent time, rather than sticking a microphone in his face and asking him that sort of question before he has even had a chance to get off field, let alone talk to his team and congratulate and thank them. Harbough = more class than the media!!:nod:

BadlandsBison
01-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Plus, he owes nothing to the media when compared to the respect he owes to his team after that performance and the season his team gave him. Like he said (paraphrasing), "let the kids enjoy this, and it is not about me tonight." Perhaps the media should keep their asses out other people's business for at least some sort of decent time, rather than sticking a microphone in his face and asking him that sort of question before he has even had a chance to get off field, let alone talk to his team and congratulate and thank them. Harbough = more class than the media!!:nod:

Agreed!!!!

onbison09
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
http://deadspin.com/5724762/even-the-espn-announcers-were-tired-of-watching-that-orange-bowl :rofl:

coldspot
01-04-2011, 10:29 PM
http://deadspin.com/5724762/even-the-espn-announcers-were-tired-of-watching-that-orange-bowl :rofl:

because NFL games are so much more enthralling to watch /sarcasm

EndZoneQB
01-04-2011, 10:44 PM

Good call, but too bad the sheeple have been conditioned to the way the media treats everyone.

steelbison
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
One domino falls.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/sports/rich-rodriguez-fired-as-michigans-head-football-coach

The article states "Reports Tuesday said Harbaughs return to Michigan, however, is highly unlikely. He is reportedly deciding on staying at Stanford or pursuing a heading coaching position in the NFL." If Harbaugh is not there guy, RichRod must have been some kind of jerk internally to fire him for Brady Hoke or some other coach they will eventually find. They were improving and have a stud at QB with potentially 3 years left to play.

Indy, this team took a dive to finish the year. The team totally quit on their coach. Why in the world would they bring him back? I watched the bowl game to find out if the kids had any respect for their coach. By their performance it was quite obvious they didn't.

On a side note absolutely LOVED the Standford Offense. Vigen needs a meeting with their staff. They had over 300 plays for the game. The offensive lineman and the QB both had wrist bands with plays.

Their formation changes were the best I've seen in college!