PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Roster - K

westnodak93bison
12-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Jastrom made some nice kicks but was a little too inconsistent imho. Looks like he will have a "leg up" for the spot. I know nothing of the RFR Keller. Anybody know how he was doing before his injury and how he is progressing?

Herd
12-31-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd say its Jastrom's job. With year to year improvement and a big leg, I think he's our man in 2011. Yes, I'd like to see his accuracy improve on short kicks, but I'll take his big leg on kickoffs and long FGs.

However, if the new guy is significantly more accurate, then use Jastrom on kick-offs and long FGs, with the new guy on shorter kicks.

BisoninNWMN
12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
It would be nice to have a kicker that can consistently put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs. Jastram put the ball on the 10-15 yd lline on his kick-offs.

Having a kicker that can consistently put the ball into the endzone is a valuable weapon for teams. Much better for the defense to start on the 20 instead of the 35-45 yard line.

DORMIE
12-31-2010, 03:52 PM
We should try and pick up Dan Jordan from Shanley. A really nice looking kid who also plays soccer. Lives next door to Simmers Asst., Don Carlson just off the second green at the FCC Par 3 course. His father is an eye doctor.
He has a strong leg, always putting it into the end zone and is also very accurate.

Scooter1
12-31-2010, 06:11 PM
It would be nice to have a kicker that can consistently put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs. Jastram put the ball on the 10-15 yd lline on his kick-offs.

Having a kicker that can consistently put the ball into the endzone is a valuable weapon for teams. Much better for the defense to start on the 20 instead of the 35-45 yard line.

I looked at the stats and here is what I found....

21 inside the 5 yard line :D
20 at the 5-7 yard line :nod:
9 at the 8-9 yard line :)
6 at the 10 yard line :p
15 at the 11,12,13,14,15 :(
3 > than the 15

Goal Line......:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
On the 1.......:D :D
On the 2.......:D :D :D :D
On the 3.......:D :D
On the 4.......:D :D :D :D
On the 5.......:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
On the 6.......:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
On the 7.......:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
On the 8.......:) :) :) :) :)
On the 9.......:) :) :) :)
On the 10.....:p :p :p :p :p :p
On the 11.....:( :( :( :( :(
On the 12.....:( :( :( :(
On the 13.....:( :( :(
On the 14.....:(
On the 15.....:( :(
On the 19.....:mad:
On the 25.....:banghead: :banghead:

BFKasper14
12-31-2010, 07:15 PM
We should try and pick up Dan Jordan from Shanley. A really nice looking kid who also plays soccer. Lives next door to Simmers Asst., Don Carlson just off the second green at the FCC Par 3 course. His father is an eye doctor.
He has a strong leg, always putting it into the end zone and is also very accurate.

THANK YOU! Someone who agrees with me.

jarhead
12-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Are the stats for Jastram or Jordan?

BisoninNWMN
12-31-2010, 09:04 PM
I looked at the stats and here is what I found....

21 inside the 5 yard line :D
20 at the 5-7 yard line :nod:
9 at the 8-9 yard line :)
6 at the 10 yard line :p
15 at the 11,12,13,14,15 :(
3 > than the 15

Thanks for the research.....I was going by memory at the home games....:p :p

He did better than I thought but starting at the 20 is better than the 35-45.....

612BisonFan
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
If we go after someone in this years recruiting class it has to be Tom Obarski from Apple Valley in the twin cities. He is the best high school kicker I have seen in a long time, all state kicker for MN and had like 3 or 4 fgs over 40 yards this year. Very accurate and had a lot of touchbacks. Also a very good athlete, he was named soccer player of the year in Minnesota and plays hockey. He is the younger brother of the other obarskis we had as well and having watched all 3 of them play in high school I can tell you that Tom is without a doubt the best of the 3.

I doubt we sign a kicker because we got Keller last year and we have Jastram, but I agree that we need to improve in this area.

Scooter1
01-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Are the stats for Jastram or Jordan?

they are from Jastram.

IzzyFlexion
01-01-2011, 12:28 PM

You forgot a category:
5-8 yards deep into the endzone.......http://www.mota.ru/upload/wallpapers/mota_ru_0122012-preview.jpg

Scooter1
01-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Touchbacks are listed in the stats as 70..touchback. (goal line)

They don't list if it was 1,2,3,4,5,6 yards deep in end zone. 70 yards is all you get credit for.

Jastram improved by about 3 yards per kick from last year I hope he improves as much next year.

About your other argument....Great googlie moogilie!!! :eek:

ndsubison1
01-02-2011, 06:01 AM
If we go after someone in this years recruiting class it has to be Tom Obarski from Apple Valley in the twin cities. He is the best high school kicker I have seen in a long time, all state kicker for MN and had like 3 or 4 fgs over 40 yards this year. Very accurate and had a lot of touchbacks. Also a very good athlete, he was named soccer player of the year in Minnesota and plays hockey. He is the younger brother of the other obarskis we had as well and having watched all 3 of them play in high school I can tell you that Tom is without a doubt the best of the 3.

I doubt we sign a kicker because we got Keller last year and we have Jastram, but I agree that we need to improve in this area.

Nothing better then getting a walk on kicker. That's how a lot of schools do it. I am sure Obarski can get a decent offer from somewhere though.

I would like to see us offer a walk on to Dan Jordan or Obarski

westnodak93bison
01-02-2011, 06:11 PM
What are Keller's strengths and weaknesses?

BisonNeil
01-02-2011, 08:00 PM

Is Tom Obarski related to John Obarski who was a kicker for the Bison but never really made it and to his brother Jason Obarski who was a member of the atrociously bad 2008 recruiting class?

North Side
01-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Is Tom Obarski related to John Obarski who was a kicker for the Bison but never really made it and to his brother Jason Obarski who was a member of the atrociously bad 2008 recruiting class?

yes
:)

ndsubison1
01-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Update on Dan Jordan:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/01/04/tyler-roehl-and-dan-jordan/

Bison bison
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Would be great to see Jordan play for the Bison.