PDA

View Full Version : First Offensive Play in 2011

CAS4127
12-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Several years ago, some college created some sort of fundraiser contest whereby the winner of the contest got to make the first offensive play call in a game. Given that all here on BV have such elite football minds and are otherwise incredibily creative, we should come up with some sort of fundraiser that would allow a BV member to make the first call for the 2011 Lafayette game. I mean, what the hell, it's Lafayette. Anybody have any ideas? No, not the call, the fundraiser. We could then donate the funds generated to Teammakers. Obviously we would have to "sell" this to Simmers, but it's possible, and may get the Bison some national attention early in the season. Just a thought.

MinotBison
12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Several years ago, some college created some sort of fundraiser contest whereby the winner of the contest got to make the first offensive play call in a game. Given that all here on BV have such elite football minds and are otherwise incredibily creative, we should come up with some sort of fundraiser that would allow a BV member to make the first call for the 2011 Lafayette game. I mean, what the hell, it's Lafayette. Anybody have any ideas? No, not the call, the fundraiser. We could then donate the funds generated to Teammakers. Obviously we would have to "sell" this to Simmers, but it's possible, and may get the Bison some national attention early in the season. Just a thought.

Would the winner get to choose from among a group of plays, or could they just pull something out of their rear ends? Not that anyone on this board would do that of course.

CAS4127
12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Would the winner get to choose from among a group of plays, or could they just pull something out of their rear ends? Not that anyone on this board would do that of course.

I was thinking that the winner could pick a play from what I hope to be an expanded play book next year, or perhaps be given 10 plays from which to pick, but one must be a longball.

aces1180
12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
My call would be a double-reverse flea-flicker!

Jensen-McNorton-Sigers-Jensen-Halloway = TD!

DePereBisonFan
12-22-2010, 04:52 PM
My call would be a double-reverse flea-flicker!

Jensen-McNorton-Sigers-Jensen-Halloway = SACK!

...that's what would more likely happen, sorry...:hide:

Elite
12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
We'd have to narrow it down to eight plays. Then the winner would enter their play section by hitting a direction on the D-Pad and either A or B on an NES controller.

CAS4127
12-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Seriously, can someone to and interweb search and find the history of what I described in my initial thread?

BurroBlue
12-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Might be the only way to run a fullback dive...

TransAmBison
12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
He fakes to the right. He doesn't fake. He thinks about faking.

aces1180
12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Seriously, can someone to and interweb search and find the history of what I described in my initial thread?

The only time I have heard of this is when a coach gives a dying kid a wish, which is awesome.

Bison bison
12-22-2010, 05:41 PM
qb rollout to the left for a loss of 3.

HerdBot
12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Run off tackle to the right. Simple but it works against Lafeyette.

coldspot
12-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I would go with this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXBLobBnuWE

couldn't be any worse than some of the crap we ran this year, right?

JMB
12-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I did a quick search... I appears the Baltimore Ravens were letting a sick teenager call the first play of the game...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=reilly_rick&id=4825585&sportCat=nfl

NDSUFan_Sav
12-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Punt Fake....do it up!

onbison09
12-24-2010, 04:31 PM
QB sneak? :D

NDSUFan_Sav
12-24-2010, 04:33 PM
QB sneak? :D

doubtful in our lifetime sir, sorry.

ndbj52
12-24-2010, 06:46 PM
The Annexation of Puerto Rico

DjKyRo
12-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Statue of Liberty for a touchdown. Worked for Boise St.

A1pigskin
12-25-2010, 02:06 PM
The concept is interesting, but what about this.

What if each person enter a play for $5 and then draw the name from a hat. The play will be practiced before the game and the winner will be announced at the end of the play. This way it's a surprise to the other team and fans. The winner of the draw gets a $100 Visa Gift Card.

stevdock
12-26-2010, 07:05 AM
This might be what you were thinking of even though it is during the Oklahoma Spring game but here's a link to it:

http://wn.com/Oklahoma_Sooners_Sooner_Fan_Calls_TD_Play

BisoninNWMN
12-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Bison line up in their I-back set. Power FB lead for DJ off the right side for a gain of 20 yards......although I'm thinking it could be a TD.

GO BISON

CAS4127
12-26-2010, 06:50 PM
This might be what you were thinking of even though it is during the Oklahoma Spring game but here's a link to it:

http://wn.com/Oklahoma_Sooners_Sooner_Fan_Calls_TD_Play

I think you are correct, Stev. I like A1's idea, and I have already drafted up the winner, a QB sneak. Hey, it's obvious that we don't have it in our playbook. I will even through in some hints for Vigen on when to run it. Well, maybe I will just sit down with him and watch the EWU film, and everytime he gets it right, I will give him a treat--kinda like training a dog. I will also bring my shock collar for when he gets it wrong or does not see when and where he should have called it!:nod: :D

Tatanka
12-26-2010, 09:34 PM
I think you are correct, Stev. I like A1's idea, and I have already drafted up the winner, a QB sneak. Hey, it's obvious that we don't have it in our playbook. I will even through in some hints for Vigen on when to run it. Well, maybe I will just sit down with him and watch the EWU film, and everytime he gets it right, I will give him a treat--kinda like training a dog. I will also bring my shock collar for when he gets it wrong or does not see when and where he should have called it!:nod: :D

You'll also want one of these, some ice-cold water, and some cayenne pepper. It accelerates the training.

http://www.plazaart.com/images/2823/Scheewe%20Trigger%20Spray%20Bottle%20gp.jpg

A1pigskin
12-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Git r going.

tjbison
01-03-2011, 01:49 AM
This id going to be a fun thread to look back on next fall. I hope its a pass, but my gut tells me DJ off tackle

stevdock
01-03-2011, 03:08 AM
This id going to be a fun thread to look back on next fall. I hope its a pass, but my gut tells me DJ off tackle

As long as it goes for 6, does it matter?? I miss the days of scoring on the first play of the game. I know Lamar Gordon did it many times and I can only imagine how many of the Championship teams did that also.

Herd
01-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Fake hand-off to Sigers who sprints off tackle into the clear (and would have scored). Naked bookleg by Jensen the opposite way who loses 7 yards on the play. :banghead: