PDA

View Full Version : Game Today...

NDSUstudent
12-18-2010, 04:11 PM
GSU-Delaware on ESPNU right now. GSU is gashing them early with the option.

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 04:18 PM
GSU fumbled on the 1 missed a huge opportunity to take the early lead.

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 04:23 PM
YAWN. dont even care, I didnt watch last nights game either, its a farce, all of it.

Gully
12-18-2010, 04:25 PM
it's sure fun to watch option football again. makes we wonder?? if we can't develop a passing game????

just sayin.

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 04:26 PM
What happened, happened. That does not make the rest of the play offs a farce.

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 04:27 PM
it's sure fun to watch option football again. makes we wonder?? if we can't develop a passing game????

just sayin.

I think the option will win GSU another NC if they can keep up on the defensive side of the game.

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Looks like the Eagles mascot was just shown on natl tv choking his chicken.:eeek:

NDSUstudent
12-18-2010, 04:38 PM
TD Hens...7-0

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
TD for the bluehens

HandoEX
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Delaware by 10 is my prediction.

CivilBison96
12-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Intentional Grounding??? When the QB wasn't in the grasp or even under pressure, why not put it down to bad throw or wrong route run? I am really starting to question 1AA officiating!

CivilBison96
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Also not a fan of the PF on "defenseless receivers" calls (see this game and our SDSU game) either we go to flag football or players assume that when they put on the pads they are exposing themselves to some situations they may get leveled due to the premise of football!!

Twentysix
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
GSU!

They went in 7-4 like us. We should be kicking and screaming about how the 20 team playoffs was the right move, thus should be supporting GSU to win it all if we cannot.

Bisonwinagn
12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
GSU!

They went in 7-4 like us. We should be kicking and screaming about how the 20 team playoffs was the right move, thus should be supporting GSU to win it all if we cannot.

I'm not sure why everyone is cheering for the East coast bias BS teams. I will always cheer for the teams in the West because it gives us a better chance of at large selections and seeding for the playoffs. I'm rooting for EWU and was cheering for Montana last year. Screw all the East teams.

NDSUstudent
12-18-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not cheering for GSU, not after those punks bought us out.

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
FG for the hens

Twentysix
12-18-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm not cheering for GSU, not after those punks bought us out.

Yeah that does suck, but i support a 20 team playoff, it will be interesting to see how many times we make it in, in spot 19-20.

IndyBison
12-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Also not a fan of the PF on "defenseless receivers" calls (see this game and our SDSU game) either we go to flag football or players assume that when they put on the pads they are exposing themselves to some situations they may get leveled due to the premise of football!!

You can hit them. You just can't go after their heads. Lots of body below the neck to hit.

Gully
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
You can hit them. You just can't go after their heads. Lots of body below the neck to hit.

The hit in today's game was not to his head though, it was to his chest area.

westnodak93bison
12-18-2010, 05:31 PM
How about the no call on the face mask by Delaware when their d-lineman pulled down the GS QB?

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 05:31 PM
go blue hens.

Screw GSU for buying out and being sissies.

SCREW EWU for a worthless stadium,field, refs, fans, town, players.

IndyBison
12-18-2010, 05:34 PM
The hit in today's game was not to his head though, it was to his chest area.

OK...I didn't see it. If the defender targets him with his helmet it's a foul as well. The officials are told to err on the side of caution which I think is a good thing in general but it does result in fouls that probably shouldn't be fouls. This is still a collision sport (not a contact sport).

IndyBison
12-18-2010, 05:36 PM
How about the no call on the face mask by Delaware when their d-lineman pulled down the GS QB?

Didn't see that either. Believe it or not, those can sometimes be tricky to catch. Only one official is keying on the QB and it's the white hat from behind. Depending on the angle, he might not see it at all or have a good enough view to call it. The 8 camera angles will pick it up easily though.

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 05:40 PM
GSU on the move can they score a much needed TD?

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 05:41 PM
settled for a FG 10-3 Hens lead

CivilBison96
12-18-2010, 05:57 PM
OK...I didn't see it. If the defender targets him with his helmet it's a foul as well. The officials are told to err on the side of caution which I think is a good thing in general but it does result in fouls that probably shouldn't be fouls. This is still a collision sport (not a contact sport).

Different game but how did the blatent helmet to helmet hit to Szczur not get called last night?

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Duluth on ESPN 2 in 4th.. up 3
Delta on 1 yard line 4th down. what do you do?

Gully
12-18-2010, 06:01 PM

I think he was guilty of not letting the receiver catch the ball and score easily. The game has become too vusified.

NDSUstudent
12-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Will GSU complete a pass in this game....

Gully
12-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Will GSU complete a pass in this game....

GSU and NDSU are remarkably similar this year.

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Delta went for the win on 4th, BALLS! then had a penalty. awww.

4th and 6. Delta Kicking to tie with 2 min left.

duluth blocked kick, but delay of game saved them

2nd try.. Delta makes it

17-17 Duluth-Delta 2:22 left

ESPN 2

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Now Duluth has a 50 yard return, but the guy might of had his knee down. crazy reviews.

call reversed, duluth player down, wow.

Gully
12-18-2010, 06:11 PM
It seems like key calls are driving just about every game in the playoffs this year! This one appears to be right but it was really hard to see, even on replay. What is indisputable? I dispute your answer.:D

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
DULUTH with the INT. 1 min left , great game!

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Duluth FG to WIN IT it might of hooked!!

HerdBot
12-18-2010, 06:24 PM
That was a close kick! Great game congrats Mn Duluth. They have really taken advantage of NDSU, UND, SDSU, and USD making the move to D1 but what's cool is they have built a great program on pretty much all Minnesota kids. Congrats!

bri-dog
12-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Duluth wins on first last-second game winning field goal since 1984 (Troy State over NDSU)...

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 06:28 PM
GSU scores on 4th down. EVERYONE HAS BALLS CEPT US!!

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 06:30 PM
GSU scores on 4th down. EVERYONE HAS BALLS CEPT US!!
the game is a farce why you watching?:p

ndsubison1
12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
this one aint over folks

Swaghook
12-18-2010, 06:33 PM
That was a close kick! Great game congrats Mn Duluth. They have really taken advantage of NDSU, UND, SDSU, and USD making the move to D1 but what's cool is they have built a great program on pretty much all Minnesota kids. Congrats!
Congrats to them but with a lower scholly limit and the best teams moving out and bad teams moving in, it just doesn't seem as big as it used to be to win the NC in DII.

ndsubison1
i haz a feeling eastern washington will beat delaware :banghead:

lakesbison
Hook. I was watching Duluth, they flipped this on , and my girl wont get off my lap so i can change it and unbison hasnt brought me a morgan yet.

ndsubison1
12-18-2010, 06:34 PM

in a watered down D2...

NDSUstudent
12-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Ballgame...EWU vs UD on Jan 7th.

ndsubison1
12-18-2010, 06:44 PM
NSIC speed

HerdBot
12-18-2010, 06:44 PM
in a watered down D2...

When Augustana is ranked in the top 5 and they had to leave the NCC because they were not competitive (or was that Morningside?)... just tellin' ya! :) I don't think they have ever beaten UND or USD. If fact I don't think they have come within 2 scores.

kab1one
12-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Delta went for the win on 4th, BALLS! then had a penalty. awww.

4th and 6. Delta Kicking to tie with 2 min left.

duluth blocked kick, but delay of game saved them

2nd try.. Delta makes it

17-17 Duluth-Delta 2:22 left

ESPN 2

Lakes for f's sake get over the 4th down play. THey didn't make it on third down, what makes you think they pick up on 4th down? Didn't they go for it at 4th and goal and not make it?

There are 10 other plays if they had made the play, they win the game. It was the right play, pin them back, let your strength (defense) win the game. Wasn't meant to be.

lakesbison
12-18-2010, 06:53 PM
cableone is too expensive

kab1one
12-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is cheering for the East coast bias BS teams. I will always cheer for the teams in the West because it gives us a better chance of at large selections and seeding for the playoffs. I'm rooting for EWU and was cheering for Montana last year. Screw all the East teams.

I reality due to the strength of the conference, can the bison afford to play a strong FCS team from a win loss perspective.

The bison have yet to run the table in the MVFC so they need all the non conference they can. Can't always count on being the FBS team like they did this year. No guarantees you beat Minnesota next year. If you want eight wins to make playoffs, a FBS and a non conference loss to a Georgia Southern, Montana, or other highly ranked team, could mean no playoffs due to the conference we play in.

Remember although at the end we loved the run the bison went on, they were in a 6 way tie for third in the conference, which in itself is an amazing item when you look at the final standings.

90BISON
12-18-2010, 06:54 PM
When Augustana is ranked in the top 5 and they had to leave the NCC because they were not competitive (or was that Morningside?)... just tellin' ya! :) I don't think they have ever beaten UND or USD. If fact I don't think they have come within 2 scores.

Morningside....

HerdBot
12-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Morningside....

Still anyone who watched the old NCC has to chuckle at Augustana

onbison09
12-18-2010, 08:17 PM
i haz a feeling eastern washington will beat delaware :banghead:

I will be in Frisco cheering hard for the Hens. Also always great to see Delta State go down. I'm sure TMWTFN was crushed.

DIBISON
12-19-2010, 05:30 AM

MN Duluth has more national championships in football than UND does.

Great Job!

JMB
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Congratulations Duluth! Duluth has obviously built a very good program, winning two titles in thres years. Plus they have done that without a full complement of scholarships.

I don't understand all the comments about "watered down" DII football that are being made. Division two is probably more competitive now as there is less difference between the have and have nots. As many have said, in our final years of DII we probably didn't fit the mold of a DII program because of our large athletic budget. My suspicion is that NDSU was the oddity in Division 2 not the norm. We were a Division 1 program who was playing Division Two sports.

On a side note about yesterday's games. What about Wisconsin Whitewater and Mount Union? They have met for the title for the past six years. On top of that Mount Union has been in the title game like 14 of the last 17 years (or something like that),

houndawg
12-19-2010, 01:13 PM
I reality due to the strength of the conference, can the bison afford to play a strong FCS team from a win loss perspective.

The bison have yet to run the table in the MVFC so they need all the non conference they can. Can't always count on being the FBS team like they did this year. No guarantees you beat Minnesota next year. If you want eight wins to make playoffs, a FBS and a non conference loss to a Georgia Southern, Montana, or other highly ranked team, could mean no playoffs due to the conference we play in.

Remember although at the end we loved the run the bison went on, they were in a 6 way tie for third in the conference, which in itself is an amazing item when you look at the final standings.

:rofl: Nice understatement.

4-4 in a down year is a step in the right direction, though. Baby steps, bro, baby steps.

semobison
12-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Having a winning record in the MVFC would be a first!

kab1one
12-19-2010, 02:39 PM
:rofl: Nice understatement.

4-4 in a down year is a step in the right direction, though. Baby steps, bro, baby steps.

My point is 5-3 in conference and loss to Minnesota or a loss to a Montana or Georgia Southern means no playoffs. Due to strength of MVFC, do they have to have cupcakes for non conference to insure playoffs.

Which is sad, because, I think everyone wants a Georgia Southern or Montana at home, but you may not be able to afford to due to strength of conference.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2010, 04:10 PM
My point is 5-3 in conference and loss to Minnesota or a loss to a Montana or Georgia Southern means no playoffs. Due to strength of MVFC, do they have to have cupcakes for non conference to insure playoffs.

Which is sad, because, I think everyone wants a Georgia Southern or Montana at home, but you may not be able to afford to due to strength of conference.

I agree. Scheduling is kind of tough. Fans want to see the best teams but it can bite you in the you know what. If the goal is to get into the playoffs yearly then we best be careful in scheduling.

semobison
12-19-2010, 05:35 PM
The answer is to win our conference! Then we dont have to worry about our OOC schedule. We do have an autobid!

westnodak93bison
12-19-2010, 05:36 PM
The answer is to win our conference! Then we dont have to worry about our OOC schedule. We do have an autobid!

yeah, easier said than done. Obviously the conference games are the toughest on our schedule.

semobison
12-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I hear ya! We have struggled in the Valley! Nothing would make me happier next season than to beat UNI, and win the conference! I could care less about the goophers, lets beat UNI!