PDA

View Full Version : So what spots do we need JUCOs?

HerdBot
12-14-2010, 04:23 AM
Where do we need JUCOs? Bohl has done a good job with Willson, Pike, and Gatlin. It was great watching the young guys step up. Not sure if we need a lot of Juco playersr

#1) cornerback. We could probably use 2 in case of injuries. I like the starters but we will really miss Gatlin who had a hell of a season.

Maybe another DT in case the young guys aren't quite ready or an extra linebacker. They would have to be pretty good though... Im talking dominating like our Jucos we used to get out of Mississippi

MinotBison
12-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Where do we need JUCOs? Bohl has done a good job with Willson, Pike, and Gatlin. It was great watching the young guys step up. Not sure if we need a lot of Juco playersr

#1) cornerback. We could probably use 2 in case of injuries. I like the starters but we will really miss Gatlin who had a hell of a season.

Maybe another DT in case the young guys aren't quite ready or an extra linebacker. They would have to be pretty good though... Im talking dominating like our Jucos we used to get out of Mississippi

Has the coaching staff checked with that school lately to see what it has available? I believe the school was Pearl River CC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

bisonfan11
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I would say wide reciever. I mean from what I saw from Warren Halloway he is good at times and other times just plain disappears. Justin Howard might be good, but then again he wasn't great last year either. We need an impact wide receiver and then just watch Brock's completion percentage shoot up.

tony
12-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Need WRs to step up. Don't think our offense needs more WRs than offensive linemen.

CB is the most obvious position since the team only has two that have played a down. Some on the board have said that Wes Hudson was moved to RB - hopefully he has what it takes to play CB.

Siouxfallsbison
12-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I would say wide reciever. I mean from what I saw from Warren Halloway he is good at times and other times just plain disappears. Justin Howard might be good, but then again he wasn't great last year either. We need an impact wide receiver and then just watch Brock's completion percentage shoot up.

We have two Freshmen that will take care of that problem next year!:nod:

steelbison
12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
We have two Freshmen that will take care of that problem next year!:nod:

Yes! From what I was told if they wouldn't have got hurt they both would have played this year.

Really looking forward to opening up the offense with three WR's that are over 6ft and fast!!

Bison"FANatic"
12-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I may be way off base but JUCO WR's just seem to not work. There has to be a lot of chemistry between the QB on ball placement and pattern reads and I just don't know if that can happen in just a fall camp. We probably are not going to get a high talent JUCO WR either when we are such a run first offense. I am very excited to see our underclassmen next year. They have some pressure on them as they have to step up. We need them. I believe they can do it.

lakesbison
12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
JUCO DL & OL, even a Fullback?

whats SCIENCE SCHOOL HAVE (besides the OL dude that just signed at CAL)

CAS4127
12-14-2010, 03:27 PM
JUCO DL & OL, even a Fullback?

whats SCIENCE SCHOOL HAVE (besides the OL dude that just signed at CAL)

Article in misinForum today says they have 4 players going to major DI programs--with the one you mention, a DL I believe, and two others I can't recall positions on, but none to SU.

HerdBot
12-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Need WRs to step up. Don't think our offense needs more WRs than offensive linemen.

CB is the most obvious position since the team only has two that have played a down. Some on the board have said that Wes Hudson was moved to RB - hopefully he has what it takes to play CB.

I agree. Additionally I think a JUCO wideout will hurt the development of the 4 young guys. A redshirt freshman will have a better grasp of the offense than a JUCO and the experience they will gain will pay off long term but the best route is for Brock, Howard, and Holloway to spend the winter working together and taking their game to the next level.

GradBison
12-14-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm really interested in how our sophomore receivers will do next year, namely Powell-Calhoun and Wahlo.

Hopefully the fact that neither of them saw the field in their RFr seasons is not an indication of their talent and development. Although it worries me, as we sure could've used a couple of sure-handed wideouts this year.

Edit: Sorry as I missed the WR discussion here http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22498

BisonNeil
12-14-2010, 06:19 PM
I may be way off base but JUCO WR's just seem to not work. There has to be a lot of chemistry between the QB on ball placement and pattern reads and I just don't know if that can happen in just a fall camp. We probably are not going to get a high talent JUCO WR either when we are such a run first offense. I am very excited to see our underclassmen next year. They have some pressure on them as they have to step up. We need them. I believe they can do it.

Can't argue with that. Two years ago Bohl picked up Mack, Woods and Rogers, only one saw the field, the other two left.

HerdBot
12-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm really interested in how our sophomore receivers will do next year, namely Powell-Calhoun and Wahlo.

Hopefully the fact that neither of them saw the field in their RFr seasons is not an indication of their talent and development. Although it worries me, as we sure could've used a couple of sure-handed wideouts this year.

Edit: Sorry as I missed the WR discussion here http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22498

Wide receiver is a pretty tough position to play as a freshman unless they keep it simple and run feel only a few routes. I think Vraa, Gebhart, Wahlo, and Powel Calhoun will benefit having a year to redshirt. Vraa and Gebhart were hurt.

With this group in 3 years we may have the ability to go 3 wide once in a while.

Twentysix
12-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Wide receiver is a pretty tough position to play as a freshman unless they keep it simple and run feel only a few routes. I think Vraa, Gebhart, Wahlo, and Powel Calhoun will benefit having a year to redshirt. Vraa and Gebhart were hurt.

With this group in 3 years we may have the ability to go 3 wide once in a while.

Yeap, but when we take this formation we will run it up the middle.

Scooter1
12-15-2010, 01:50 AM
We need one really good offensive lineman who can take Austin Richard's spot until he can learn to play without getting a f$#%ing personal foul every God Damn game.:smh:

well, maybe not...but damn it....every game he seams to get one and it KILLED us in Washington.

aces1180
12-15-2010, 02:29 AM
We need one really good offensive lineman who can take Austin Richard's spot until he can learn to play without getting a f$#%ing personal foul every God Damn game.:smh:

well, maybe not...but damn it....every game he seams to get one and it KILLED us in Washington.

Have you not been paying attention to this thread, specifically this post?

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=453597&postcount=146

That wasn't his fault...He did nothing wrong.

Herd
12-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Juco's, my priority would be:

1) CBs - Gatlin is the mold, 6' 195 speed.
2) DTs - need size; 280 with a motor
3) OL - Need depth at OG, T
4) DE - need another stud; depth
5) LB - Could use another, but have some Fr coming
6) TE - 2 RFr, and neither saw the field, I am worried
7) FB - unless we have a good recruit

WRs - I would not pursue Jucos. Lot of guys, need someone to step up. If next years rFr beat out So, we could see some departures. I hope not. There will be lots, and lots of competition next year. Passing game will be greatly improved next year I predict.

BisonNolesFan77
12-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Article in misinForum today says they have 4 players going to major DI programs--with the one you mention, a DL I believe, and two others I can't recall positions on, but none to SU.

Matt Williams is the huge 6'7" or 6'8" OT that's going to Cal, Jacob Fahrenkrug (May be spelling it wrong) is an OG who is set to decide tomorrow, down to FSU and Auburn...no idea on the other two...

EDIT: Fahrenkrug gave his verbal to FSU tonight...

BisonNolesFan77
12-15-2010, 04:02 AM
If we do get JUCO's...we have to get them soon and should be hearing about them soon. My opinion, it's a huge advantage and really the only way to do JUCO's is to get them coming in before spring semester so they can play spring ball...

lakesbison
12-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Deonte Jones CB at Theif River Falls CC got offerred early by NDSU, where is he at??

BisonNolesFan77
12-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Deonte Jones CB at Theif River Falls CC got offerred early by NDSU, where is he at??

Rivals says nothing about an offer...

But here is the worst highlight video I have ever seen...hope he has made more plays than this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GreGptDCEBA

Scooter1
12-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Have you not been paying attention to this thread, specifically this post?

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=453597&postcount=146

That wasn't his fault...He did nothing wrong.

Edit...You are right austin was pulled down by the defender.

HerdBot
12-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Rivals says nothing about an offer...

But here is the worst highlight video I have ever seen...hope he has made more plays than this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GreGptDCEBA

As they like to say about cornebacks... less is more! Like the 4.48 speed and its not like the midwest will scare him coming from Thief River Falls.