PDA

View Full Version : Fargodome offers game to Vikings

HerdBot
12-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Not sure where to post this at. Probably a 5% chance of this happening but what are your thoughts? At least it would be full of Viking fans.

NDSUstudent
12-13-2010, 10:15 PM
It won't happen, the decision will be made by noon tomorrow if the Vikings can play at the dome. If not they'll start getting TCF Bank Stadium ready.

Yep, Viking football, Monday night, at home, in the cold and they'll be wearing throwbacks.

BigBison
12-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Not sure where to post this at. Probably a 5% chance of this happening but what are your thoughts? At least it would be full of Viking fans.

More Like a .0000001% chance. :banghead:

TCF Bank would be awesome to see the Vikes vs Bears. Only thing better would be Vikes- Packers.

bisonpride
12-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Aren't they celebrating the 50th anniversary of Vikings football next week too? Definitely a throwback game if they did that.

NDSUstudent
12-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Aren't they celebrating the 50th anniversary of Vikings football next week too? Definitely a throwback game if they did that.

Yep, I guess a bunch of players are coming to town for it. So it should be pretty cool if it is played at TCF.

devin45k
12-13-2010, 10:40 PM

TCF Bank would be awesome to see the Vikes vs Bears. Only thing better would be Vikes- Packers.

apparently there is supposed to be a zero percent chance there because they close it for the winter

HerdBot
12-13-2010, 10:45 PM

Yeah and our turf would be an issue too. Monday Night in Fargo... its crazy its even been discussed. Honestly I would rather see a game at the Fargodome. Better video boards. Wider concourse. More bathrooms. Better everything. Too bad were 45k seats short!!

BisonAccountant44
12-13-2010, 10:46 PM
This morning, one of the local sports radio stations said that next weeks game will be played in either Detroit, Indy, or St. Louis.

North Side
12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
There is a better chance of it being 70 degree tomorrow in Fargo than the Vikings playing a game here.

HerdBot
12-13-2010, 11:06 PM
This morning, one of the local sports radio stations said that next weeks game will be played in either Detroit, Indy, or St. Louis.

Lots of fans in Detroit that would want to see the Vikings lose. I look at it this way. Is the Alerus center blew up, and the Sioux had to play in Fargo... how many would cheer the Sioux on???

Tatanka
12-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Lots of fans in Detroit that would want to see the Vikings lose. I loom at it this way. Is the Alerus center blew up, and the Sioux had to play in Fargo... how many would cheer the Sioux on???

Who ?

JSUBison
12-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Lots of fans in Detroit that would want to see the Vikings lose. I look at it this way. Is the Alerus center blew up, and the Sioux had to play in Fargo... how many would cheer the Sioux on???

Well I knew grain dust was explosive and flammable, but not sugar beets. Learn something new everyday I guess.

NDSUstudent
12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
apparently there is supposed to be a zero percent chance there because they close it for the winter

As long as they know by tomorrow TCF Bank can be used, it just couldn't be turned around in one day and be ready. It will take like five days to remove the snow.

coldspot
12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
on espn they said theyre planning on having the metrosnowdump ready by next weekend.

gotts
12-14-2010, 12:34 AM
This is the first time in a long while the residents of Detroit have been able to see two NFL teams play each other in person!

IndyBison
12-14-2010, 12:37 AM

One key reason this would surprise me is the close proximity of Chicago to each of these cities. Before the Colts were here this was a Bears town. Until Peyton arrived you might see more Bears fans if they played the Colts. Vikings Bears in Indy would be a definite home game for the Bears. St. Louis and Detroit are also fairly short drive for Chicago fans.

56BISON73
12-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Does anyone have the link showing that the FD offered the Vikings the use of the FD? I cant seem to find it.

unbison
12-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Does anyone have the link showing that the FD offered the Vikings the use of the FD? I cant seem to find it.

It's hard to find they didn't offer the Vikings.....,they offered the metro sports commission which runs the dome.....not the same as offering the Vikings.....or the NFL......since they the ones that decide where the game would be

bisonmike2
12-14-2010, 03:14 PM
This is the first time in a long while the residents of Detroit have been able to see two NFL teams play each other in person!

I watched last nights game, and I still think they haven't seen that.

lakesbison
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM
ive been at metrodome for 15 years, seen alot of parties in the stands.

if the VIKINGS played at the FARGODOME, the dome nazi security would have that place emptied by halftime, im not even kidding.

CAS4127
12-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I watched last nights game, and I still think they haven't seen that.

And they will only see one on January 2nd as well. TJack = 10 passer rating and runs into and injures our best player. Thanks Chile, for leaving us with this QB mess.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

56BISON73
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
It's hard to find they didn't offer the Vikings.....,they offered the metro sports commission which runs the dome.....not the same as offering the Vikings.....or the NFL......since they the ones that decide where the game would be

Ok is there a link on them offering the metro sports commission. I would have thought something like this would have made the news.
But you know exactly what I was asking. poo-poo head.:D

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM

after last night, id say the vikings are worse than the lions

EndZoneQB
12-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Ok is there a link on them offering the metro sports commission. I would have thought something like this would have made the news.

I think theres another thread with a similar title on here with the link. Not sure tho lol If I had spare time I'd dig it up for you.

after last night, id say the vikings are worse than the lions

Yep, won't be our last loss at Ford Field this year.

Hammersmith
12-15-2010, 11:36 PM

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/301698/

56BISON73
12-16-2010, 04:24 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/301698/

Thank you Mr Hammer