PDA

View Full Version : #1 fact we learned in this years playoffs...

GrizBison
12-13-2010, 03:36 AM
B]1. ...it is all about matchups[/B]. If the NCAA keeps doing these regional match ups the first few rounds...the Bison should have an easier walk into the semi's every year compared to others who have to face the CAA right away.

The best part once they get there to the semi's: Bison are one of the few teams that can match up with the CAA teams of Delaware, Villanova, etc. with their physical play on the lines. Did you watch Nova play? Their lines totally handled App State and even though App State had a speed advantage, they couldn't do anything with it. With Jones broken foot and not playing, Eastern Washington will get beat by 21 point at least this Friday. Eastern is a finesse speed team that will get worked by them at home. If Nova's Sczcur isn't hurt for 7 games, they win a few more games and are a top 3 seed. I saw first hand last year that Sczcur is an animal as there is a guy that is a difference maker and should have won the Walter Payton award if he could have stayed healthy. EWU will have to play out of their minds just to keep this close. Bison would have gave them a better game than EWU....just a better matchup. That sucks as I had some front row tickets all lined up for Friday night when they would have hosted Nova in the dome.

2. Also, the Bison need home playoff games to use the fargodome's noise to give them an advantage and turn them into a consistent FCS powerhouse. The Bison can't lose some of these conference games like they have over the recent years to teams that do not have the same talent level....those games shouldn't even be close. This "underachieving part of the year" has to be over if the Bison want to win a title...it's too hard to be expected to win every playoff game on the road consistently. The Bison have the talent to play with the CAA big boys, they just have to be more consistent throughout the year. 7-1 and 6-2 are where they should have been in conference play (this year and every year in my opinion)....whether Gratzek gets hurt or not...no excuses with our talent.

3. Bison need a passing game to some extent to win the title. Brock played way better in the EWU game, but Nova would have been really, really tough to run on (totally different then MSU or EWU).....so with 8-9 guys in the box, we need a QB that can hurt you to some extent. Doesn't need to be anything special and I think Brock/others can get there in the coming few years if he is groomed properly by the coaches and given the right opportunities during the game.

The future is only bright for the Bison........