PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Missouri Valley

ndsubison1
12-13-2010, 02:54 AM
I know some people will complain that it's too 'early' to talk about next seasons predictions and teams. Not for me. What will the other MVC teams look like next season? Who returns a lot? Who loses alot? Who are the early favorites?

I gotta go with Northern Iowa and NDSU as the two early favorites for now...

tjbison
12-13-2010, 03:03 AM
My conference picks for next year:

UNI
NDSU
ISU-B
SIU
ISU-R
WIU
SDSU
MSU
YSU

NDSU and UNI share the title, the trees return everyone dang near to a decent team that will only be better, SIU struggles again and WIU with the loss of Barr will struggle and YSU still can't find a footing. SDSU will depend on their replacement of Minnett and if their INT machine is still the QB. ISU-R will be tough no doubt but still cant win the road games.

NDSU finishes conference play 7-1 lose to SIU on the road UNI loses to NDSU on the road

We beat MSU 300-0 in the dome next year

No_Skill
12-13-2010, 03:06 AM
I gotta tell ya...I don't see a loss on our schedule. :D

JSUBison
12-13-2010, 03:07 AM

UNI
NDSU
ISU-B
SIU
ISU-R
WIU
SDSU
YSU

NDSU and UNI share the title, the trees return everyone dang near to a decent team that will only be better, SIU struggles again and WIU with the loss of Barr will struggle and YSU still can't find a footing. SDSU will depend on their replacement of Minnett and if their INT machine is still the QB. ISU-R will be tough no doubt but still cant win the road games.

NDSU finishes conference play 7-1 lose to SIU on the road UNI loses to NDSU on the road

What about Missouri State?

HerdBot
12-13-2010, 03:26 AM
I know some people will complain that it's too 'early' to talk about next seasons predictions and teams. Not for me. What will the other MVC teams look like next season? Who returns a lot? Who loses alot? Who are the early favorites?

I gotta go with Northern Iowa and NDSU as the two early favorites for now...

I like the fact we finished strong.UNI did not. Hope that carries over into next year. Were returning a ton of talent and gained valuable playoff experience. I hope the coaching staff remains in tact, we avoid the off season injuries, and the players stay hungry and bust their asses off this offseason. Were primed to have a special season.

duluthbison
12-13-2010, 04:11 AM
I like the fact we finished strong.UNI did not. Hope that carries over into next year. Were returning a ton of talent and gained valuable playoff experience. I hope the coaching staff remains in tact, we avoid the off season injuries, and the players stay hungry and bust their asses off this offseason. Were primed to have a special season.

:hide:

10 char

HerdBot
12-13-2010, 04:30 AM
:hide:

10 char

The annual coaching changes had a big impact on recruiting and consistancy. We need to see guys like Vigen and Hazleton continue to get better. They are a young staff. We need a great recruiting season to keep the momentum going strong.

DjKyRo
12-13-2010, 05:28 AM
Call me biased, but man, it's hard to not look at NDSU and see a team favored to win the MVFC. Yes UNI returns a number of guys (a lot of players on defense and their very effective QB Rennie), but with them in Fargo I like our chances.

WIU loses Barr and I believe Senatus, who were the staples of their offense and set up their powerful running game. Who knows how that'll fare with those two gone.

YSU returns their RFr QB Kurt Hess, and he didn't look too shabby against what proved to be our very good defense. He'll be a nice guy to keep track of in Youngstown. They have their highly-touted HB back as a sophomore as well, good be a very dangerous battery in a few years.

Indiana State might be a good sleeper pick next year, they return Fouch and he sliced up our pass defense for three quarters when they came here. The game in Terre Haute will be tough.

Not sure what to make of SIU. Don't have a look at who they return at my fingertips.

Illinois State will be better - Brown is back as a junior and Legett will be a senior.

All that said, my way-too-early look at the conference looks like this:

NDSU
UNI
Ill. St.
WIU
YSU
In. St.
SIU
SDSU
Mizz St.

BisoninNWMN
12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
My 2$$:

NDSU
UNI
YSU
ISU-red
ISU-blue
SDSU
SIU
WIU
MSU

Pretty early.....

houndawg
12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Call me biased, but man, it's hard to not look at NDSU and see a team favored to win the MVFC. Yes UNI returns a number of guys (a lot of players on defense and their very effective QB Rennie), but with them in Fargo I like our chances.

WIU loses Barr and I believe Senatus, who were the staples of their offense and set up their powerful running game. Who knows how that'll fare with those two gone.

YSU returns their RFr QB Kurt Hess, and he didn't look too shabby against what proved to be our very good defense. He'll be a nice guy to keep track of in Youngstown. They have their highly-touted HB back as a sophomore as well, good be a very dangerous battery in a few years.

Indiana State might be a good sleeper pick next year, they return Fouch and he sliced up our pass defense for three quarters when they came here. The game in Terre Haute will be tough.

Not sure what to make of SIU. Don't have a look at who they return at my fingertips.

Illinois State will be better - Brown is back as a junior and Legett will be a senior.

All that said, my way-too-early look at the conference looks like this:

NDSU
UNI
Ill. St.
WIU
YSU
In. St.
SIU
SDSU
Mizz St.

SIU's question marks are at WR, TE, K, and QB.

The Dawgs lose four seniors from the defensive two-deep chart and return the entire two-deep o-line, along with three DBs that would have started this year except for injury. All-American CB Korey Lindsey graduates, probably to play on Sunday, three All-Americans that saw limited or no action during a catastrophic season for injuries return: OL David Pickard, FB John Goode, and FS Mike McElroy. We'll be in the thick of it.:nod:

tjbison
12-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Sticky this thread, I'm gonna need this to get thru the next 8-9 months

semobison
12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Good luck making predictions in this conference! I like how many of you pick a team that shut us out 3 weeks ago to finish last. The only constant has been UNI! Lets hope next year is our breakout year in the MVFC!

JSUBison
12-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Good luck making predictions in this conference! I like how many of you pick a team that shut us out 3 weeks ago to finish last. The only constant has been UNI! Lets hope next year is our breakout year in the MVFC!

Yeah, based on this season, I think pulling names out of a hat to determine conference standings isn't too far fetched.

HandoEX
12-13-2010, 02:13 PM
WIU loses the most, as both the Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year graduate from their squad. That's tough to replace!

ndsubison1
12-14-2010, 05:26 AM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. SIU
4. Indiana State
5. SDSU
6. Youngstown State
7. Illinois State
8. Western Illinois
9. Missouri State

tony
12-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Gotta play the MVFC one game at a time - look ahead and you get blindsided because every game was a dog fight. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Youngstown State wins the conference next year.

On_the_road
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Gotta play the MVFC one game at a time - look ahead and you get blindsided because every game was a dog fight. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Youngstown State wins the conference next year.

I agree with Tony..... you can't look past any team in our conference. Having said that, I like what I see going forward.

bisonfan11
12-14-2010, 01:10 PM

I think a reason for that is that last year Missouri State was loaded with seniors, next year the team will be vastly inexperienced.

Twentysix
12-16-2010, 12:44 AM

UNI
NDSU
ISU-B
SIU
ISU-R
WIU
SDSU
MSU
YSU

We beat MSU 3-0 in the dome next year

Fixed for you :P

tjbison
12-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Fixed for you :P

No dude we get some serious revenge

Twentysix
12-16-2010, 04:46 AM
No dude we get some serious revenge

The irony in winning 3-0 would suffice for me.

Twentysix
12-16-2010, 04:53 AM
However it ends up, UNI is below us, Hopefully were the king of the hill.