PDA

View Full Version : Quality of camera work

TateMosersneighbor
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure how the replay "stuff" works, but watching the game at home made it very clear that the camera crew didn't have a clue. The lens on some of the cameras had snow making it tough to see and a few times the guys/gals working the camera wouldn't follow the play. One of our interceptions that we did nothing with they didn't even get live.

I'm wondering if the poor camera work bit us in the end?

Could it be that the replay guy didn't have any angles that helped because the cameras were fuzzy from snow hitting them? (Other then the one that showed Brock's ass, both legs, one elbow, part of his torso, left facial cheek, hipbone and what facial hair he does have touching the turf before the ball comes loose)

Here's what I do know...EWU will get WAXED by Nova next weekend.

tjbison
12-12-2010, 04:47 PM
No it wasn't the cameras fault, it was a clear shot of the play. Like MANY have said we had all the opportunities in the world to seal that game in the 3rd and 4th qtr, but some DUMBASS play calls put the game in the refs hands and the camera crew had ZERO outcome on the game

Season over time for BBall see you all in the West lot in 2011

HerdBot
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure how the replay "stuff" works, but watching the game at home made it very clear that the camera crew didn't have a clue. The lens on some of the cameras had snow making it tough to see and a few times the guys/gals working the camera wouldn't follow the play. One of our interceptions that we did nothing with they didn't even get live.

I'm wondering if the poor camera work bit us in the end?

Could it be that the replay guy didn't have any angles that helped because the cameras were fuzzy from snow hitting them? (Other then the one that showed Brock's ass, both legs, one elbow, part of his torso, left facial cheek, hipbone and what facial hair he does have touching the turf before the ball comes loose)

Here's what I do know...EWU will get WAXED by Nova next weekend.

There was 4 different angles and all were conclusive. Here are the choices. A) they are stupid and don't understand the rules. B) Emotionally they had ties to EWU C) paid or some other conspiricy

SamsRams
12-12-2010, 09:30 PM
There was 4 different angles and all were conclusive. Here are the choices. A) they are stupid and don't understand the rules. B) Emotionally they had ties to EWU C) paid or some other conspiricy

let me add D) there never was a replay booth.

badger04
12-12-2010, 11:09 PM
I have a agree. The camera work was horrible. The replay official should have had at least 3 angles to look at the fumble in the end zone. Also, their should have been a technical person helping out the replay official. If that person was from ESU and did not should not show the official the right angle then I would upset. It is water under the bridge and we should look forward to next year.

IndyBison
12-13-2010, 12:55 AM
I wonder how much camera quality contributed to the replay decision. It's very possible it was a HUGE factor. Not only the quality of the video itself but how well the plays were presented to the official.

56BISON73
12-13-2010, 01:10 AM
I have a agree. The camera work was horrible. The replay official should have had at least 3 angles to look at the fumble in the end zone. Also, their should have been a technical person helping out the replay official. If that person was from ESU and did not should not show the official the right angle then I would upset. It is water under the bridge and we should look forward to next year.

What? Gabe said there were 4 different angles. Another said one. SOOoooo whats the scoop?

gotts
12-13-2010, 04:36 AM
What? Gabe said there were 4 different angles. Another said one. SOOoooo whats the scoop?

The scoop is the Metrodome collapse is really a conspiracy by the NFL to attempt to extend Brett Favre's consecutive start streak.

That is all.

/Vikings fan

56BISON73
12-13-2010, 04:43 AM
The scoop is the Metrodome collapse is really a conspiracy by the NFL to attempt to extend Brett Favre's consecutive start streak.

That is all.

/Vikings fan

By jove I think youve got it.

onbison09
12-13-2010, 03:24 PM

I don't remember how many but there was at least 3. Endzone, wide shot, tight shot

56BISON73
12-13-2010, 10:38 PM
I don't remember how many but there was at least 3. Endzone, wide shot, tight shot

We are still talking instant replay right?:D

onbison09
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM

Am I TAB? :D

TransAmBison
12-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Am I TAB? :D
I'm not sure...there are plenty of impostors out there...

BlueBisonRock
12-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Ya betcha! Some one has got to identify the dude who pulled out the flask and took a long hard pull! HOF material there.