PDA

View Full Version : Please stop the irrational madness

ThunderDan
12-12-2010, 03:30 PM
EVERYONE who is blaming this loss solely on officiating, please, please, please, come back into the real world and stop being a complete moron.
NDSU lost this game on their own just fine, without any help from the officials....shall I remind you?

1. 4th and goal from the 1 yard line and we run.....an option?? A simple field goal would have won the game. Now, I'm not against going for it, I have no problem with that call, but c'mon, an option? DJ most likely would have ran it in, so either way, we would have had more points than Eastern Wash. at the end of regulation. But i'm sure the refs tricked us into running that option.

2. Sigers returns the kickoff to the house to start the half. So what happens next? We give up a kickoff return to them. Must have been the refs fault for sure. Probably missed a block in the back somewhere.

3. NDSU has the ball with around 4 minutes to go or so...3 and out...

4. We have them pinned down at the 10 yard line with 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go...in a driving snowstorm....without their best player....easy game right? Nope, we let their receiver get BEHIND us for a 40 yard bomb. Ref probably tripped our defender tho i'm sure.

5. Can't stop them on two 4th downs during this final drive....

6. Give up a 25 yard pass on first play of OT.

Get real people, this loss was not the officials fault. The game never never never should have come down to that fumble review.
Ok, all you delusional morons, start the ripping away of me in 3...2...1...

99Bison
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't think anyone disagrees with this, the ref problem is that they were the last (and blatent) straw.

No_Skill
12-12-2010, 03:36 PM
It feels better to focus on someone else making a mistake than the team making a mistake. :blush:

I don't disagree with anything you posted.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm not a delusional moron, you are. :p

DjKyRo
12-12-2010, 03:39 PM
If you'd have asked me before the game who I wanted on the field to try and win the game for us I'd have said "the defense" without hesitation. Probably still would've. Did we have chances to end the game with a W? Sure did. Did we blow those? I think so.

That said, the game was still in the hands of the officials at one point. They screwed us. You can say it shouldn't have come to that all you want, but the fact of the matter is that it did. Regardless of the circumstances that's not fair no matter who it happens to.

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
EVERYONE who is blaming this loss solely on officiating, please, please, please, come back into the real world and stop being a complete moron.
NDSU lost this game on their own just fine, without any help from the officials....shall I remind you?

While I respect your opinion, I have to disagree with that philosophy when it's three games deep into playoff action. If it's a regular season game against.....say......oh I don't know......UND? Then yes. I too, would say that it should never have gotten to the point where the game is in the hands of the officials.
However, against the number one ranked team in the country, there are bound to be mistakes made during the course of the game that work against an UNDERDOG. In that respect, EVERY LITTLE THING/PLAY is critical and it is NOT surprising or disappointing to me that it came down to a questionable call by the officiating crew. What is disappointing,however, is that despite the adequate technology being in place, they got it wrong.

Gully
12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
ThunderDan, I haven't ready anyone blaming this loss solely on the officiating. We clearly had chances to win. AND, we clearly got screwed by the refs. The two are not mutually exclusive. So I don't see your point.

HerdBot
12-12-2010, 04:45 PM

1. 4th and goal from the 1 yard line and we run.....an option?? A simple field goal would have won the game. Now, I'm not against going for it, I have no problem with that call, but c'mon, an option? DJ most likely would have ran it in, so either way, we would have had more points than Eastern Wash. at the end of regulation. But i'm sure the refs tricked us into running that option.

2. Sigers returns the kickoff to the house to start the half. So what happens next? We give up a kickoff return to them. Must have been the refs fault for sure. Probably missed a block in the back somewhere.

4. We have them pinned down at the 10 yard line with 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go...in a driving snowstorm....without their best player....easy game right? Nope, we let their receiver get BEHIND us for a 40 yard bomb. Ref probably tripped our defender tho i'm sure.

Get real people, this loss was not the officials fault. The game never never never should have come down to that fumble review.

This game was played in a snowstorm and they made just as many mistakes as we did. I'm suprised we didn't fumble 3 or 4 times. Sorry but the refs screwed us all game long. Its not irrational its reality. They made game changing calls. I can't understand how any person who has a basic understanding of the rules could blow the call. It was plain as day. The announcers saw it. The cameras don't lie. Heck even most of the EWU fans agree it was a bogus call. I want an explanation because if I don't I'm convinced they are crooked.

Yes we had to overcome our own mistakes and crooked refs.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2010, 04:46 PM
i already disagree with point #1

this game has a totally different outcome if we kick a field goal. its a different game from here on out when ewu gets a kick off rather than the ball at their own 2 and 3 players later we get a pick 6..

semobison
12-12-2010, 04:52 PM
It was a tough way to lose, but we shouldnt have been in overtime in the first place. Our prevent defense cost us! I may be the first to do this, but what EWU did on the 90 yard drive was outstanding considering they hadn't done anything in the 2nd half. Give them some credit. They got it done!

BisonNeil
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM

Couldn't agree more. To blame any loss on officiating is being adolescent at best.

Relative to #1, we had the same situation in the first half and Vigen calls a pass and Jensen throws an interception. Run it and if you don't get it kick the FG.

Relative to #5, EWU was 8/15 on fourth down, completely unacceptable to give up first downs on fourth down over 50% of the time.

Rather than rip on the officials, I rather rip Vigen for some vary curious play calling, an art that seems to escape him most of the time.

scbison91
12-12-2010, 05:14 PM
This game was played in a snowstorm and they made just as many mistakes as we did. I'm suprised we didn't fumble 3 or 4 times. Sorry but the refs screwed us all game long. Its not irrational its reality. They made game changing calls. I can't understand how any person who has a basic understanding of the rules could blow the call. It was plain as day. The announcers saw it. The cameras don't lie. Heck even most of the EWU fans agree it was a bogus call. I want an explanation because if I don't I'm convinced they are crooked.

Yes we had to overcome our own mistakes and crooked refs.

And if you read the AP article, the writer also saw that Brock was down....

tony
12-12-2010, 05:20 PM
If it happened earlier in the game, it probably wouldn't be such a big deal but having a game end on a crap call makes it seem bigger than it was (heck, if it had happened earlier in the game, NDSU probably gets at least two points out of the deal.)

People might as well vent for a while longer (24-hour rule, anyone?)

Ferd
12-12-2010, 05:21 PM
i already disagree with point #1

this game has a totally different outcome if we kick a field goal. its a different game from here on out when ewu gets a kick off rather than the ball at their own 2 and 3 players later we get a pick 6..

If we kick the field goal we don't get the chance for the pick six.

Just sayin...

The last call sucked but they won the game because we couldn't stop them from driving 90 yards in 2 min 20 seconds.

I'm unhappy but ready to move on to next year... WIth a detour through the BB season.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2010, 05:33 PM
exactly its a whole new game with that outcome and who knows if ndsu wins in regulation or ewu does.

HerdBot
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Couldn't agree more. To blame any loss on officiating is being adolescent at best.

Relative to #1, we had the same situation in the first half and Vigen calls a pass and Jensen throws an interception. Run it and if you don't get it kick the FG.

Relative to #5, EWU was 8/15 on fourth down, completely unacceptable to give up first downs on fourth down over 50% of the time.

Rather than rip on the officials, I rather rip Vigen for some vary curious play calling, an art that seems to escape him most of the time.

The refs decided who won. If you just want to brush it off as "oh well" than go ahead but I think not exposing this corrupt and paid off joke of an officiating crew is more childish. We deserve to know why they made the worst call I have seen in years. Refs are corrupt. Its a fact. Ever read about the NBA official who is in prison right now?

If a co worker cheated at work and got a promotion over you are you going to brush it off and say" oh well" and take it up the ass or are you going to try and expose them for the frauds they are?

silkamilkamonico
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
The game is over and they cannot stop and repaly it. Please contine on with your lives.

tony
12-12-2010, 06:41 PM
The refs decided who won. If you just want to brush it off as "oh well" than go ahead but I think not exposing this corrupt and paid off joke of an officiating crew is more childish...

Corrupt and paid off? No way.

Bad calls happen - don't know why the reviews turned out the way they did but corruption is completely improbable.

HerdBot
12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
The refs decided who won. If you just want to brush it off as "oh well" than go ahead but I think not exposing this corrupt and paid off joke of an officiating crew is more childish. We deserve to know why they made the worst call I have seen in years. Refs are corrupt. Its a fact. Ever read about the NBA official who is in prison right now?

If a co worker cheated at work and got a promotion over you are you going to brush it off and say" oh well" and take it up the ass or are you going to try and expose them for the frauds they are?

The worst thing we can do is let it go. These refs need to be investigated. NOBODY AGREES with the call including EWU fans, nuetral fans, and every media. Im going to contact as many media outlets as possible for this. Heck I might even start a website.

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
The game is over and they cannot stop and repaly it. Please contine on with your lives.

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!!! http://www.ladyjulia.net/images/angry.jpg

:)

Bison"FANatic"
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I think that besides Bison nation going SH&* the NCAA was also going SH*(&*. I mean they were looking at a sold out Fargodome of about 19,000 with a gross income of about 400,000. There were 4060 people at the game last week. So even if they get 6000 next week they are looking at a gross of about 100,000 to 120,000. The NCAA will lose money on the game after flying Nova to EWU.:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM

Bad calls happen - don't know why the reviews turned out the way they did but corruption is completely improbable.

Hmmmm.
Funny how you said "improbable" but not "impossible". http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/h/homer_simpson-12447.gif

HerdBot
12-12-2010, 06:49 PM

I like your posts and I usually agree with you.
BUT I know your not ignorant enough to believe refs are above being corrupt? This is a big money business. Wherever there is money and power there is corruption.

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I like your posts and I usually agree with you.
BUT I know your not ignorant enough to believe refs are above being corrupt? This is a big money business. Wherever there is money and power there is corruption.

Believe me, not trying to sound like a dick....but I'm in Tony's camp on this one. That NBA ref (can't remember his name) incident validates your point. On this one, though, I can't think of any motivation for this particular call to be intentionally botched.
I could be wrong, though. Who knows. It just pisses me off that it had to end that way.

North Side
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
the officials were not the only reason we lost that game (letting them drive 90 yards with 2 mins left), but if you think they have no role in us losing you're crazy,

1)booth review on a clearly dropped ball should have been 4th down and punt.... instead it was a catch and the next play was a TD for EWU

2)booth review last play.... you get my point

HerdBot
12-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Believe me, not trying to sound like a dick....but I'm in Tony's camp on this one. That NBA ref (can't remember his name) incident validates your point. On this one, though, I can't think of any motivation for this particular call to be intentionally botched.
I could be wrong, though. Who knows. It just pisses me off that it had to end that way.

What's the value to a school for making the final 4 and a game on espn? What would a National Championship do for the program? An over passionate booster? Friend of a friend?

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
What's the value to a school for making the final 4 and a game on espn? What would a National Championship do for the program? An over passionate booster? Friend of a friend?

Believe me, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. Like I said, I'm not saying you ARE wrong. I like to keep an open mind. I just have a hunch that it (the call) is just the result of poor officiating and/or a shitty review and decision.

perthbison
12-12-2010, 07:09 PM

I prefer to label it imcompetent,or idiotic, or very stupid etc.. It's over and done with but I think the replay official deserves all of these labels, hell, he earned them. That said, it is correct that the game never should have gone to overtime. The lesser team won.

HerdBot
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Believe me, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. Like I said, I'm not saying you ARE wrong. I like to keep an open mind. I just have a hunch that it (the call) is just the result of poor officiating and/or a shitty review and decision.

One of 3 possibilities. 1) incompatent refs 2) emotional ties 3)money or conspiricy

Until facts are revealed we need to assume its# 1 just poor refs. But do you put stupid refs in for a big game that has replay?

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
One of 3 possibilities. 1) incompatent refs 2) emotional ties 3)money or conspiricy

Until facts are revealed we need to assume its# 1 just poor refs. But do you put stupid refs in for a big game that has replay?

No.
10, 10 and 10.

Hammersmith
12-12-2010, 07:19 PM

Aren't you talking about the same organization that used MEAC refs for the championship game a few years back? Wow, was that a cluster-f. Do not assume maliciousness when incompetence/idiocy is a valid alternative.

56BISON73
12-12-2010, 09:20 PM
The worst thing we can do is let it go. These refs need to be investigated. NOBODY AGREES with the call including EWU fans, nuetral fans, and every media. Im going to contact as many media outlets as possible for this. Heck I might even start a website.

You think it will be as successful as your last one?

semobison
12-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I think everybody needs to settle down. the officiating was a very small part in our failure to win yesterday, and still one of the oldest, lamest excuses ever used!

EmeraldCityBison
12-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Does anyone realize that Brock's "fumble" may have come after the tip of the ball crossed the goal line? Not only was it not a fumble, we should have tied the game on that play.

And then assuming it was a fumble, Sigers was on the ball, across the goal line...touch down, yes?

Did anyone see that? How many times can a team get ripped on one play?

BUT giving up a 25 yard TD on the first play of OT...INEXCUSABLE!

56BISON73
12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Does anyone realize that Brock's "fumble" may have come after the tip of the ball crossed the goal line? Not only was it not a fumble, we should have tied the game on that play.

And then assuming it was a fumble, Sigers was on the ball, across the goal line...touch down, yes?

Did anyone see that? How many times can a team get ripped on one play?

BUT giving up a 25 yard TD on the first play of OT...INEXCUSABLE!

So what was the initial ruling on the field?

EmeraldCityBison
12-12-2010, 10:02 PM
So what was the initial ruling on the field?

I'm saying the initial ruling was at least the third most correct ruling. Which is the wrong ruling. That's why there is instant replay.

56BISON73
12-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm saying the initial ruling was at least the third most correct ruling. Which is the wrong ruling. That's why there is instant replay.

I just want to know what the initial ruling on the field was. I never did get clarifcation on that.

unbison
12-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I just want to know what the initial ruling on the field was. I never did get clarifcation on that.

Fumble touch back ewu

56BISON73
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Fumble touch back ewu

To be a touch back doesnt it have to roll out of the endzone?

So if its a fumble and rolls in to the endzone and is recovered by Seigers isnt that a touchdown?

1998braves64
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I think it was Holloway who was there and almost recovered it in the endzone but he never had control of it, the EWU guy came out of the scrum pretty quick after the football came out so I don't think he really had control of it... got a hand on it is about all. I thought fumbles were similar to interceptions in your own endzone that once you have possession of it in the endzone it's a touchback?? Not real sure on that rule though.

IndyBison
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
To be a touch back doesnt it have to roll out of the endzone?

So if its a fumble and rolls in to the endzone and is recovered by Seigers isnt that a touchdown?

They ruled it was recovered by EWU. Thus a touchback. Assuming the fumble was correct (big assumption) and EWU recovered (never saw a replay that showed who recovered the ball) the correct call is touchback.

IndyBison
12-12-2010, 10:25 PM
I think it was Holloway who was there and almost recovered it in the endzone but he never had control of it, the EWU guy came out of the scrum pretty quick after the football came out so I don't think he really had control of it... got a hand on it is about all. I thought fumbles were similar to interceptions in your own endzone that once you have possession of it in the endzone it's a touchback?? Not real sure on that rule though.

There's more to it than that (where did you recover it, how did the ball get into the end zone) but in this case it was the alleged fumble that put the ball in the end zone so it's either a TD or TB. If the defense recovers they could bring it out if the recoverer is not down.

unbison
12-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Can the ball advance on a fumble.....so could it b a touchdown for us?

IndyBison
12-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Can the ball advance on a fumble.....so could it b a touchdown for us?

Yes. If we would have recovered the alleged fumble in the end zone it would have been a TD. If that had been 4th down though, only the player that fumbled it can recover it. If a teammate recovers it, the ball is brought back to the spot of the fumble (one of the reasons for a bean bag) and the down counts. This prevents a player from intentionally fumbling and gaining an advantage from the fumble.

Dgreenwell3
12-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Games always have calls both ways...you just don't get pissed off when the other team gets screwed....

Mr. Burgundy
12-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Games always have calls both ways...you just don't get pissed off when the other team gets screwed....

Some calls are tough to swallow. Some calls end seasons. Some calls make no sense and cost us a 3 hour infomercial on ESPN in the semifinals with a chance to go play for the 'ship. That call is not going to be forgotten. Not in my house anyway. We had a million chances, but that ref has to make an accurate call. Just a joke.

perthbison
12-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Some calls are tough to swallow. Some calls end seasons. Some calls make no sense and cost us a 3 hour infomercial on ESPN in the semifinals with a chance to go play for the 'ship. That call is not going to be forgotten. Not in my house anyway. We had a million chances, but that ref has to make an accurate call. Just a joke.

Yep!:ranting:

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Bottom line is your QB was down.

The ref screwed you guys PERIOD.

If you cant see that on the field as a referee and then watch it on video and still screw it up you should be fired before you get home. Its a playoff game and you cant make mistake after mistake like that on the last play in OT.

Its one thing when a teams fans blame the refs for a call but a totally different one when an unbiased person (like me) does.

You got screwed and I have never seen anything that blatent end a teams season in the playoffs in my life.

tjbison
12-13-2010, 03:16 AM
I have to stop reading these threads cause im just getting more and more pissed, my practicing starts next weekend for Tailgating next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56BISON73
12-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Yes. If we would have recovered the alleged fumble in the end zone it would have been a TD. If that had been 4th down though, only the player that fumbled it can recover it. If a teammate recovers it, the ball is brought back to the spot of the fumble (one of the reasons for a bean bag) and the down counts. This prevents a player from intentionally fumbling and gaining an advantage from the fumble.

I didnt know that. Interesting. Again thanks!!!

IndyBison
12-13-2010, 04:29 AM
I didnt know that. Interesting. Again thanks!!!

If you watch closely (don't know why you would), you'll see the officials give each other the rolling arms signal (similar to a false start) reminding each other the 4th down fumble rule applies. Same rule applies on a try. If the defense recovers they get to keep the ball.

56BISON73
12-13-2010, 04:50 AM
If you watch closely (don't know why you would), you'll see the officials give each other the rolling arms signal (similar to a false start) reminding each other the 4th down fumble rule applies. Same rule applies on a try. If the defense recovers they get to keep the ball.

Yes Ive seen that but thought it was to keep the clock rolling.

If its on 4th down.
If its on 3rd down and the try is blocked and the kicking team recovers they retain possesion if the ball wasnt advanced beyond the LOS..

Saw that one twice in one season.

lakesbison
12-13-2010, 05:00 AM
I love this thread. We aint stoppin nothing.

Continue with irrational PASSION!!!

AWWW IT'S LIKE CRACK!!!!

Bison55
12-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I can think of 3 mistakes the refs made that DID change the outcome of the game.

1. Early in the first when EWU skipped that pass off the turf and they called it a catch. Announcers said it wasn't a catch, and it clearly skipped off the turf. that was 3rd down, and should of resulted in a EWU punt. Instead it ended up in a TD for EWU
2. I thought the pass interference call with like 1 minute left in the game, that moved the ball down to our 1 yard line was BS too.
3. Jensen was down before the ball came out in OT.

yeah I agree that refs miss calls both ways during a game and we probably had a couple calls go our way, but I don't recall any calls going our way that changed the game like these 3 did.