PDA

View Full Version : EWU Homefield

DjKyRo
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Obviously they were breaking some rules (noisemakers, cheerleading PA guy), but did I read somewhere that the EWU fans were throwing snowballs at the NDSU players after the game?

If that's true, talk about classless (not to mention some of the posters still hanging around here). Here's hoping EWU just killed it's chances of ever hosting again.

chuckles
12-12-2010, 03:33 PM
When we walked around the field after the game everyone was held up so the players could pass through. Several of the EWU were spouting off to NDSU fans. It wasn't all of them, but a fair share. Real classy...

tjbison
12-12-2010, 03:35 PM
When we walked around the field after the game everyone was held up so the players could pass through. Several of the EWU were spouting off to NDSU fans. It wasn't all of them, but a fair share. Real classy...

All 500 of them:D :D

kalm
12-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Did anyone get hit? If not, it was probably Bo Levi Mitchell doing the throwing. Then again he connect on a couple of passes to your players last night. :D

There are knucklheads everywhere, might even be a few in the FFD.

onbison09
12-12-2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzDt_JvMkUQ

bisonmike2
12-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Did anyone get hit? If not, it was probably Bo Levi Mitchell doing the throwing. Then again he connect on a couple of passes to your players last night. :D

There are knucklheads everywhere, might even be a few in the FFD.

Not a chance. Our top notch security force instantly removes the knuckleheads. Just ask endzoneQB. (bisonville inside joke. I keed endzone!).

X-Factor
12-12-2010, 04:29 PM
It is very clear EWU is a team and fanbase that is not used to being in this position. Looking at their pathetic field and crowd, it makes sense. The next time we meet, the game will most likely be in the Fargodome.

semobison
12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
X factor, its hard to understand why they are not used to being this position. In the last 10 years they have been in the playoffs more often then not. Now us, this was our first time!....Its taken me till 10 this morning but I am over it and looking foreward to next year. This year was a stepping stone for good things to come!

Twentysix
12-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Obviously they were breaking some rules (noisemakers, cheerleading PA guy), but did I read somewhere that the EWU fans were throwing snowballs at the NDSU players after the game?

If that's true, talk about classless (not to mention some of the posters still hanging around here). Here's hoping EWU just killed it's chances of ever hosting again.

I thought it was a freaking soccer game, i heard those vuvuzela things in the background the whole first half. No artifical noise makers eh?

OrygunBison
12-12-2010, 04:51 PM

I won't be rooting for EWU to advance. Cheney was a terrible host. I'm certainly glad that I went to the game to be with many of you all and to support this team that I love so much but even if we would have won, I would have been happy to get the hell out of that place as fast as I could. Not one single person from Cheney or the university went out of the way for us, at least for me personally. Hell, even the waitress at breakfast before the game just seemed annoyed at all of our fans...dropping a pretty good amount of money into the joint. It was a completely different experience for me than when I went to Bozeman last week. Those cats were really happy for us to be there and it showed.

EndZoneQB
12-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Not a chance. Our top notch security force instantly removes the knuckleheads. Just ask endzoneQB. (bisonville inside joke. I keed endzone!).

LOL, you bastard! Good one tho.

kalm
12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
It is very clear EWU is a team and fanbase that is not used to being in this position. Looking at their pathetic field and crowd, it makes sense. The next time we meet, the game will most likely be in the Fargodome.

This was our 5th quarterfinal appearance and 3rd at home. We will be making our second semifinal appearance. :hungry:

kalm
12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I won't be rooting for EWU to advance. Cheney was a terrible host. I'm certainly glad that I went to the game to be with many of you all and to support this team that I love so much but even if we would have won, I would have been happy to get the hell out of that place as fast as I could. Not one single person from Cheney or the university went out of the way for us, at least for me personally. Hell, even the waitress at breakfast before the game just seemed annoyed at all of our fans...dropping a pretty good amount of money into the joint. It was a completely different experience for me than when I went to Bozeman last week. Those cats were really happy for us to be there and it showed.

That's silly. It would be like me assuming all NDSU fans are represented by the insanity of Bisonville. Perhaps you should have said please.

gizmo
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Does anybody know the attendance figures at the EWU game? It looked pretty pathetic on tv.

The game would have brought in 19,000 in Fargo.

Bison"FANatic"
12-12-2010, 06:51 PM
4060:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

North Side
12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
4060:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

man thats horrible

IBleedYellow
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
The dome would have been 19k. No questions asked.

perthbison
12-12-2010, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=kalm;45293

There are knucklheads everywhere, might even be a few in the FFD.[/QUOTE]

Well let me think, yeah there are the Dome nazis and I suppose a few others.:D

perthbison
12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
That's silly. It would be like me assuming all NDSU fans are represented by the insanity of Bisonville. Perhaps you should have said please.

I wasn't at Cheny but It is true that the people of bozeman were glad to have us there. They made us feel welcome.

Hammerhead
12-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Was there a dedicated tailgating section in the parking lots? We paid our $5 only to find many groups using several parking spaces for tailgating activities. Even though we were about 45 minutes early, we snagged on of the last spots and others were driving up into the mud above the lot.

After the game, they wouldn't let us walk around the end of the field where the overtime took place even though we could before the game. Then we had to wait a bunch of students leaving the field to get back around the other end. I've got no problem waiting for the teams to get to the locker rooms but that seemed kind of bush league to me.

Jim Puetz
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I must have been at a different game than many of you. I had a blast. I thought the fans were great, especially those that tailgated next to us. Yeah, the refs sucked, and the PA guy was so bush league, but other than that I thought it was a ton of fun. 4th and 1 on the 28, go for it don't punt.

56BISON73
12-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Anybody else have the sausage(bratwurst) at the game. Very good. The guy at the concession stand was very friendly.

SamsRams
12-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I was one of 15 people who watched every bison player walk off the field and not one snowball was thrown. Now maybe something happened on the field as numerous ewu fans rushed the field, but I did not seee that. I know at least 500 ewu fans left their seats and went to the endzone for ot and I know bison fans, even one with a ticket in the endzone was not allowed to do the same. I also spoke with gene about the announcer and he said he had spoke with ewu offcials and they didn't see a problem with how he was announcing. As for noise makers, I gurantuee us stomping on bleachers was lounder then any noise maker they had.

you really had to search hard to find people in cheney or spokane who even knew about the game and even after I told people why I was here they would say....yeah don't they have orange turf. The stadium and fan support for this very good Eagle team was pathetic. But not everyone can be NDSU

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-12-2010, 09:21 PM
EWU has a ton of jagoff fans. I honestly dont know a good one and I have been going to games over there for years.

Kalm seems to be a good guy, he gives and takes and even PMed me this year to hit up their tailgate in Cheney but I had a last minute family emergency and didnt make the game over there. (Why we lost)

Of all the fan bases in the BSC they are by far the worst IMO. Nobodys even close, not to mention their fans online flock to the opposing teams websites and talk trash AFTER they win.

They should just keep their mouths shut after yesterday you guys kicked their fu*king asses and had the refs decide the game.

Hammerhead
12-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I didn't see any snowballs either.

We watched 2 local newscasts the night before and neither sports report even mentioned the playoff game on Saturday.

I was one of 15 people who watched every bison player walk off the field and not one snowball was thrown. Now maybe something happened on the field as numerous ewu fans rushed the field, but I did not seee that. I know at least 500 ewu fans left their seats and went to the endzone for ot and I know bison fans, even one with a ticket in the endzone was not allowed to do the same. I also spoke with gene about the announcer and he said he had spoke with ewu offcials and they didn't see a problem with how he was announcing. As for noise makers, I gurantuee us stomping on bleachers was lounder then any noise maker they had.

you really had to search hard to find people in cheney or spokane who even knew about the game and even after I told people why I was here they would say....yeah don't they have orange turf. The stadium and fan support for this very good Eagle team was pathetic. But not everyone can be NDSU