PDA

View Full Version : Proud of the Bison

DjKyRo
12-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Tough, tough loss and it still feels like I got punched in the gut but we're going to look back on this as a very good season. Very enjoyable and the future is very bright for Bison Football.

Wish we could've kept it going but we have to be proud of what we accomplished. Can't wait for next fall.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2010, 02:49 AM
2010 can go fuck itself...seriously worst year ever

CarringtonBison
12-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Good year, coming off the poor last year. Congrats to the players.

Most everyone here has said the obvious: two blown calls by refs, stupid play calling on 3rd and 4th and short, go for it on 4th down instead of punt, 90 yard drive to win with under two to play (with two converted 4th downs), etc.

I thought this year would be a lot better than last and next year should be even better. We have good talent now and a lot returning-coaches CANNOT get lazy on recruiting again. Hit it hard now gentleman! Also work on one thing in the offseason-how about coming out and taking charge in the first half instead of second half comebacks.

The Bison are back. I am sick with the results to the game (esp. the stupid blown call without reversal....) but I am excited for the future.

GO BISON!

IBleedYellow
12-12-2010, 02:59 AM
2010 can go fuck itself...seriously worst year ever
Clearly, since we, ya know, beat Kansas, were playing football in December, and lost to a call that was total bull. Clearly...:innocent:

But in all seriousness. I LOVE being a BISON! Can't wait for the years to come!

Git em boys! and HIT SOMEBODY!!!!

NDSUstudent
12-12-2010, 03:00 AM
This team grew up a lot, next year will be fun. Considering I predicted they would be 6-5 I have to tip my cap to all the players and coaches. You've bought that swagger and pride that had been sorely missing for a few years. Time to take home an MVFC title next year and make the FCS come through the dome to get to Frisco.

onbison09
It was a great year. Losing today sucks but it was a great year. The building blocks are there.

Ross
Tough, tough loss and it still feels like I got punched in the gut but we're going to look back on this as a very good season. Very enjoyable and the future is very bright for Bison Football.

Wish we could've kept it going but we have to be proud of what we accomplished. Can't wait for next fall.

Yes DjKyRo. It was a good season considering the crap-fest that was 2009 and the Bison being picked to finish 6th?/7th? in the MVC this year. In the end, we were the last team from the MVC left standing and I think that shows the level of character on this 2010 team. Can't wait for next fall!

sambini
12-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Great job BISON coaches,players and staff. Very Proud+++

Bison"FANatic"
12-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Great year, sucks the way it ended but this team grew up and into a good football team before our very eyes. The team is going to be motivated and this will light a fire under them for the off season.

bisoneer
12-12-2010, 03:13 AM
This team has a lot to be proud of and they made fans like me proud to wear the G & G... This loss today will give our players and coaches a resolve to come back next year and pick it up another notch like they did this year compared to last...

EndZoneQB
12-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Clearly, since we, ya know, beat Kansas, were playing football in December, and lost to a call that was total bull. Clearly...:innocent:

But in all seriousness. I LOVE being a BISON! Can't wait for the years to come!

Git em boys! and HIT SOMEBODY!!!!

NDSU football was about the only thing that has gone right in 2010 for us.

Vikings suck, UTexas sucked ass, and they lose the "head coach in waiting" to the f*cking University of Florida instead of getting rid of their own coach, and we lose in the quarterfinals when the game was over on the same day. Terrible year.

SDSUAlum08
12-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Thought I'd put this in another thread because the other one is pretty heated.

Outsider looking in perspective:

You guys lost the game by not capitalizing on all of the turnovers. Your defense and special teams made big play after big play and yet you were tied at 24-24 with just a few minutes left in the game. That completely blew my mind. To say your team was way better than EWU doesn't make sense just based on all of those plays. EWU killed themselves and NDSU didn't step on their throat. Did you know EWU had 217 rushing yards in the 1st half?

What also amazed me was the amount of run plays you guys ran with pulling lineman in the 2nd half. The field was terrible for that by the end of the game and you basically needed to go man on man and just zone block. The defensive line from EWU blew up a few of those plays (which included a few of the QB runs I think too).

That said...great season and it was way above and beyond anyone from here ever thought was possible. It bothered me that NDSU had to lose that way. Who knows what would have happened in the 2nd OT but the refs screwed the Bison over and then backed up over them again. Also, it worries me for recruitiing for SDSU that NDSU had this good of a run. SDSU didn't capitalize as much as they should have off of the past few years for recruiting. They're going to need the new stadium to work themselves back up to the top I believe.

Again, congrats on the season! Sorry it had to end that way.

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2010, 04:07 AM
NDSU football was about the only thing that has gone right in 2010 for us.

Vikings suck, UTexas sucked ass, and they lose the "head coach in waiting" to the f*cking University of Florida instead of getting rid of their own coach, and we lose in the quarterfinals when the game was over on the same day. Terrible year.

Hell man.....you are depressed.......it is that Gastropub booze talking....;) Life isn't so bad.

EndZoneQB
12-12-2010, 04:31 AM
Hell man.....you are depressed.......it is that Gastropub booze talking....;) Life isn't so bad.

LOL, yep, I'm thinkin' so! Was a fun day tho for sure. I guess, we could have not been in the quarterfinals and I wouldn't be able to b*tch about it!

1998braves64
12-12-2010, 05:33 AM
It was great to see the Bison exceed even my expectations this year, I figured if they got out with a winning record they would be doing good. So good to see the young team get playoff experience it will only help next year if they can reload the few spots that will be losing starters and make it to the playoffs again. Just think if EWU beats Villnova we can say we would have easily made it to the championship!! :D

On_the_road
12-12-2010, 05:41 AM
It was great to see the Bison exceed even my expectations this year, I figured if they got out with a winning record they would be doing good. So good to see the young team get playoff experience it will only help next year if they can reload the few spots that will be losing starters and make it to the playoffs again. Just think if EWU beats Villnova we can say we would have easily made it to the championship!! :D

Great Points. Go BISON

NDSUstudent
12-12-2010, 05:44 AM
You really have to love this team's resolve all year long. It seemed like nothing would get them down, they just took a punch and then came right back for more.

Fast50Dad
12-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Thank you seniors!

Go Bison!

bisonatrix
12-12-2010, 07:23 AM

I don't think anyone can be anything but positive. Yeah this sucks but about a month ago who'd have thought this would happen? Hell after Mo. State I thought we'd get screwed out of the playoffs.

This team COULD be very good next year, but they better not get as cocky as they got after 07 and heading into 08....