PDA

View Full Version : Score Prediction

bisonsupporter
12-10-2010, 06:38 PM
The Sporting News has EWU over NDSU 35-24.
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4362582

I'm going with EWU-17 NDSU-20.

NDSU1980
12-10-2010, 06:50 PM
31-30 Bison.

TAILG8R
12-10-2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4362582

At least they had this in the What to know section and not the facts and figures section: "Trailing 17-14 early in the first quarter, the Bison scored four consecutive times in the eventual 42-17 victory."

NDSU - 24
EWU - 20

Ross
12-10-2010, 06:58 PM
BISON 28
Red chickens 17

HerdBot
12-10-2010, 07:14 PM

NDSU 17
EWU 13

Weather and tough D lead to a low scoring battle. Late score gives us the win.

heckler
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Bison 42
Bad guys 17

Two playoff games almost the same score. I gotta be close right?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Like every game this year, its going to be tough. We don't know if our O-line will show up. If the O line shows up we win. If not, we suffer a severe blow out. Like usual, we will need our defense to stop EWU from scoring early in order to give our running game some time to gain momentum.

I think our offensive line shows up again and we win a close one.

NDSU 20
EWU 17

bisonsupporter
12-10-2010, 07:32 PM
http://www.nhfootballreport.com/

They have the line at EWU favored 5.5. Every other game is under the 3.5. Have they not noticed what the Bison have done in the playoffs?

I think the Bison play better as the underdog anyways.

bri-dog
12-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I think we're gonna throw out the welcome matts for them.

Their offense is gonna be be "welcomed" by Matt Gratzek, Matt Anderson, and Matt Phillips.

Then I hope we can have Matt Voigtlander and Matt Veldman do a little running over/through/away from their "d".

27-17 BISON...

ewualum
12-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I have the score at 24-17 Eastern.

We'll see....

GO EAGS!!

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2010, 07:49 PM
41-17 good guys

Scooter1
12-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Prediction
Eastern Washington is a good team. I spent some time looking into just how good, here's what I came up with. The fist thing that I noticed is that teams can score on Eastern Washington. However they have given up 30 pts or more only three times this year. For the last 6 games they have averaged giving up 19.5 ppg. However, UNC, Sac St, Portland, S Utah, Idaho St and SEMO could have something to do with it. I have to say, top to bottom, the MVC is better than the BSC. There is no doubt that Youngstown, S Illinois, and SDSU are better than Idaho St, UNC, and Portland.

Looking at past performances...

1. Montana - So, how did Eastern Washington beat Montana 36-27? Easy. Montana had 6 turnovers. The last was a fumble run back for a TD as time expired. Here is another game that Montana pissed down their leg.

2. Montana St.- Montana St played good defense and knocked out their big back late in the second quarter. Still, I would say this is a telling game. You have to be able to withstand an injury if you are a really good team. E Washington put up 7 points.

3. Central Washington - 35-32 win. Really? a 35-32 win against a DII team at home? They played at their opponent's level. This game tells me nothing except they are very capable of laying an egg (it should be noted that Central Washington was destroyed by Minnesota Duluth)

4. Portland St - Eastern Washington can pour it on when they play a bad team.

EWU Offense - They have a dangerous and talented RB. The Bison have seen a lot of dangerous and talented running backs. Seven players rushed for over 1000 yards in the MVC. Numbers say that this kid is the best, I think NDSU's defense will be ready. Montana State's coach said he was surprised by the speed of our guys. I think EWU will be also.

The Bison Offense - Once again, I think that how the Bison offense comes out and plays will have a bigger effect on the game than how good I think the Eastern Washington Eagle defense is. In the past we have made some crappy defenses look good. But, the way this offensive line is playing, they will have the potential to make Eastern Washington's defense appear average. There is a confidence level that I haven't seen in the OL for quite some time. NDSU is a dangerous commodity, right now. DJ is a dangerous runningback, but I like the way Sigers and Voitlander have been playing also.

Defenses- They intercept alot of passes. Great, somehow I don't think that will be a big factor. Of the two teams, NDSU has the stronger defense. NDSU has quietly intercepted quite a few passes this season. Almost as many as E Washington. The difference in this game will be the depth of the Bison D. Phillips, Drevlow, Jirik, Willson, Olson, Lemon, Pike, Gatlin and Pierre give NSDU something I don't think E Washington has which is why NDSU appears as strong at the end of the game as they are at the start. I am most impressed with the tackling ability of the freshman players on this team. Williams, Olson, Perry, and Heagle are damn good. By Damn good, I mean damn, damn good.

X-Factor - Senior leadership. This senior class has excelled in mentoring this group of young kids. Arndt in the OL...Smith at TE...Vandal at FB...Gratzek on the DL and Anderson at LB. However, there are three guys who have been role players that have impressed me. Those are Gatlin, Phillips and Lemon. Those three guys have defined this team concept with their attitude and example to the younger kids. That is the reason this team is still playing and why they will win on Saturday.

Players of the game- The Bison Offensive line. The Bison offensive line is starting to play with confidence. I don't see that changing on Saturday. Think about it, we have two true freshman starting on the OL and and we are in the quarter finals. We will have 5 starters coming back for next year on the OL. (Lund, Richard, Cornick, Hinz, Turner). Because of these guys, I look for DJ to have another good day.

If Jensen is ready to go, the bison will win this one by 13. If Mohler is the QB, we win by 9. (if Mohler comes in after Jensen injury...we score 28 in the fourth and win going away);)

So here it is....

NDSU 37 EWU 24

Hope I'm close again.

CHADSTAUS
12-10-2010, 08:02 PM
BISON-28
WHIPPED CHICKENS-14

Take it to the bank. Its good.

runtheoption
12-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Bison - 46
Eagles - 10

In a surprise move, Dante Perez starts the game for the Bison, with Bohl saying "Dante had a whale of a week of practices." He goes 5 of 19 for 56 yards, and rushes for 74 yards, possibly creating a 3 way QB controversy for next week. Perez injures his shoulder on the 3rd to last play of the game. His replacement, Brock Jensen, suffers a slight concussion on the next play. His replacement, Jose Mohler, suffers the same shoulder injury as Perez on the final play of the game. Jose was supposed to take a knee, but decided a QB sneak directly at the fire-breathing Eagle linebacker and nose guard was a better decision. Bohl will have Thorton take snaps with the 1st team this next week, just in case, and 4mcrue creams his pants.

The score was Eagles 10 - Bison 3, at the start of the 4th quarter. NDSU then decided that playing in their bare feet on the cold, red turf was not going so well. The added benefit of football shoes leads to the Bison scoring 43 unanswered points in the 4th quarter. Also, another thing that helps the Bison is having Colten Heagle hit Taiwan Jones so hard, that Taiwan is knocked out of the game, and his named is changed to Formosa.

Vigen decides to give the ball to Levoon "Refrigerator" Perry for a 1 yard plunge into the end zone for the final score of the game, denying tailback DJ McNorton a chance to score a TD on the day, angering Bison fans all around the world. Bison fanatics are calling for Vigen to be fired, to be replaced by Scottie Hazelton. Later this week, the Bison players make a straight to YouTube music video, "The FCS Championship Game Shuffle".

Sigers, Voight, Lang, and Smith combine for 341 yards rushing. Prelvitz is being investigated by the Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, after one his punts goes out of bounds, killing the real-life Eagle's eagle mascot. Prelvitz claims it was an accident, while accepting a brief case full of cash from some internet dudes only known as "Lakes", "Road Warrior", "Herd Mentality", and some other guy identified as "Bob Entzion".

ndsubison1
12-10-2010, 08:07 PM
EWU will lead 14-10 at halftime. As always we will come out stronger in the 2nd half.

NDSU 34 EWU 24

56BISON73
12-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Bison - 46
Eagles - 10

In a surprise move, Dante Perez starts the game for the Bison, with Bohl saying "Dante had a whale of a week of practices." He goes 5 of 19 for 56 yards, and rushes for 74 yards, possibly creating a 3 way QB controversy for next week. Perez injures his shoulder on the 3rd to last play of the game. His replacement, Brock Jensen, suffers a slight concussion on the next play. His replacement, Jose Mohler, suffers the same shoulder injury as Perez on the final play of the game. Jose was supposed to take a knee, but decided a QB sneak directly at the fire-breathing Eagle linebacker and nose guard was a better decision. Bohl will have Thorton take snaps with the 1st team this next week, just in case, and 4mcrue creams his pants.

The score was Eagles 10 - Bison 3, at the start of the 4th quarter. NDSU then decided that playing in their bare feet on the cold, red turf was not going so well. The added benefit of football shoes leads to the Bison scoring 43 unanswered points in the 4th quarter. Also, another thing that helps the Bison is having Colten Heagle hit Taiwan Jones so hard, that Taiwan is knocked out of the game, and his named is changed to Formosa.

Vigen decides to give the ball to Levoon "Refrigerator" Perry for a 1 yard plunge into the end zone for the final score of the game, denying tailback DJ McNorton a chance to score a TD on the day, angering Bison fans all around the world. Bison fanatics are calling for Vigen to be fired, to be replaced by Scottie Hazelton. Later this week, the Bison players make a straight to YouTube music video, "The FCS Championship Game Shuffle".

Sigers, Voight, Lang, and Smith combine for 341 yards rushing. Prelvitz is being investigated by the Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, after one his punts goes out of bounds, killing the real-life Eagle's eagle mascot. Prelvitz claims it was an accident, while accepting a brief case full of cash from some internet dudes only known as "Lakes", "Road Warrior", "Herd Mentality", and some other guy identified as "Bob Entzion".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Screamin_Eagle174
12-10-2010, 08:09 PM
SOARING EAGLES - 28
Tasty Wild Cows - 17

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 08:11 PM
SORE AFTER GAME EAGLES - 17
WILD BISON - 28

There, fixed that one up for ya a little, Screamer!!:D

Screamin_Eagle174
12-10-2010, 08:13 PM
There, fixed that one up for ya a little, Screamer!!:D

No, I had it right the first time. :nod:

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
No, I had it right the first time. :nod:

The score, possibly, but I hope not. The new username, well, I know that's correct, cuz that's what "he" said.:D :nod:

aces1180
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Bison 31
EWU 20

Our D bends, but doesn't break early in the game, our O-line takes over and we get a lead...Then the D does what it does best and pins its ears back and creates turnovers. The foot goes on the Eagle throat and is squished into the ground!

Hail!

CarringtonBison
12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
43-17 NDSU over RMU
42-17 NDSU over MSU

I am gonna continue the pattern.

41-17 NDSU over EWU

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 09:00 PM
43-17 NDSU over RMU
42-17 NDSU over MSU

41-17 NDSU over EWU

Well, both you and MNLong picked 41 for the Bison, which happens to be my old number, which in turn results in wonderful karma, which means we will at least win--and hopefully with 41 points.

Gully
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
EWU 27
NDSU 17

If we can pass enough to move the chains early, that score might be reversed.

THEsocalledfan
12-10-2010, 09:20 PM
43-17 NDSU over RMU
42-17 NDSU over MSU

41-17 NDSU over EWU

Dang, you beat me to it. Just to be different:

NDSU 38

Red turf morons-17

Is the Captn picking the prairie poopers in this one?

devin45k
12-10-2010, 09:32 PM
27-13 Ndsu

Twentysix
12-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Bison 42
Bad guys 17

Two playoff games almost the same score. I gotta be close right?

HerdBot
12-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Prediction
Eastern Washington is a good team. I spent some time looking into just how good, here's what I came up with. The fist thing that I noticed is that teams can score on Eastern Washington. However they have given up 30 pts or more only three times this year. For the last 6 games they have averaged giving up 19.5 ppg. However, UNC, Sac St, Portland, S Utah, Idaho St and SEMO could have something to do with it. I have to say, top to bottom, the MVC is better than the BSC. There is no doubt that Youngstown, S Illinois, and SDSU are better than Idaho St, UNC, and Portland.

Looking at past performances...

1. Montana - So, how did Eastern Washington beat Montana 36-27? Easy. Montana had 6 turnovers. The last was a fumble run back for a TD as time expired. Here is another game that Montana pissed down their leg.

2. Montana St.- Montana St played good defense and knocked out their big back late in the second quarter. Still, I would say this is a telling game. You have to be able to withstand an injury if you are a really good team. E Washington put up 7 points.

3. Central Washington - 35-32 win. Really? a 35-32 win against a DII team at home? They played at their opponent's level. This game tells me nothing except they are very capable of laying an egg (it should be noted that Central Washington was destroyed by Minnesota Duluth)

4. Portland St - Eastern Washington can pour it on when they play a bad team.

EWU Offense - They have a dangerous and talented RB. The Bison have seen a lot of dangerous and talented running backs. Seven players rushed for over 1000 yards in the MVC. Numbers say that this kid is the best, I think NDSU's defense will be ready. Montana State's coach said he was surprised by the speed of our guys. I think EWU will be also.

The Bison Offense - Once again, I think that how the Bison offense comes out and plays will have a bigger effect on the game than how good I think the Eastern Washington Eagle defense is. In the past we have made some crappy defenses look good. But, the way this offensive line is playing, they will have the potential to make Eastern Washington's defense appear average. There is a confidence level that I haven't seen in the OL for quite some time. NDSU is a dangerous commodity, right now. DJ is a dangerous runningback, but I like the way Sigers and Voitlander have been playing also.

Defenses- They intercept alot of passes. Great, somehow I don't think that will be a big factor. Of the two teams, NDSU has the stronger defense. NDSU has quietly intercepted quite a few passes this season. Almost as many as E Washington. The difference in this game will be the depth of the Bison D. Phillips, Drevlow, Jirik, Willson, Olson, Lemon, Pike, Gatlin and Pierre give NSDU something I don't think E Washington has which is why NDSU appears as strong at the end of the game as they are at the start. I am most impressed with the tackling ability of the freshman players on this team. Williams, Olson, Perry, and Heagle are damn good. By Damn good, I mean damn, damn good.

X-Factor - Senior leadership. This senior class has excelled in mentoring this group of young kids. Arndt in the OL...Smith at TE...Vandal at FB...Gratzek on the DL and Anderson at LB. However, there are three guys who have been role players that have impressed me. Those are Gatlin, Phillips and Lemon. Those three guys have defined this team concept with their attitude and example to the younger kids. That is the reason this team is still playing and why they will win on Saturday.

Players of the game- The Bison Offensive line. The Bison offensive line is starting to play with confidence. I don't see that changing on Saturday. Think about it, we have two true freshman starting on the OL and and we are in the quarter finals. We will have 5 starters coming back for next year on the OL. (Lund, Richard, Cornick, Hinz, Turner). Because of these guys, I look for DJ to have another good day.

If Jensen is ready to go, the bison will win this one by 13. If Mohler is the QB, we win by 9. (if Mohler comes in after Jensen injury...we score 28 in the fourth and win going away);)

So here it is....

NDSU 37 EWU 24

Hope I'm close again.

Good analysis. ++

No_Skill
12-10-2010, 10:52 PM
NDSU blows out EWU - 15%
NDSU wins a close game - 40%
EWU wins a close game - 40%
EWU blows out NDSU -5%

Just like last week, if we are within one score at the half, then I think we win.

bisoneer
12-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Awesome and hilarious posts here, especially the one with Perez starting at QB after having a whale of a week of practice...

My prediction:

Bison = 38
Red Eagles = 28

Good luck to all, especially our beloved HERD!!!!!!!

bisoneer
12-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Try this simulation site again, it gave us good luck last game:

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/jo...n=com_oneonone

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-11-2010, 01:19 AM
38 28 bison

Bisonwinagn
12-11-2010, 03:17 AM
9-7 Bison.

onbison09
12-11-2010, 03:20 AM
Try this simulation site again, it gave us good luck last game:

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/jo...n=com_oneonone

Said we win 14 out of 25 times. It also says we beat UNT 19 out of 25 times in Denton. :smh:

torby
12-11-2010, 07:27 AM
27-17 ndsu!

bisonfan11
12-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Ndsu-21
Ewu-14

go_bison
12-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Bison 34
Ugly Red Eagles 10

Bison surprise them with going to the air.(doesn't matter who is throwing) Halloway has 2 tds. Then they go to ground. DJ and Voight each get a TD. A couple field goals mixed in and that's the score.
I am feeling really good about this game... especially after what I've seen out of the Bison the last two games. In the playoffs it comes down to strength, conditioning and defense. Advantage=NDSU

GO BISON!!!

FarSouth Bison
12-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Bison 28

EWU 20

IzzyFlexion
12-11-2010, 12:53 PM
SOARING EAGLES - 28
Tasty Wild Cows - 17

Ha!!
We're only minus 17!! You're minus 28.

IzzyFlexion
12-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Bison - 46
Eagles - 10

In a surprise move, Dante Perez starts the game for the Bison, with Bohl saying "Dante had a whale of a week of practices." He goes 5 of 19 for 56 yards, and rushes for 74 yards, possibly creating a 3 way QB controversy for next week.

And the game archive tape is titled........"The Inferno Bowl"

http://spawnkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/dante.jpg

moosbah
12-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Thundering Herd 21
Bad Turf 20

Wally
12-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Bison 29
red menace 22

tjbison
12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm going with the average of the playoffs

RMU 43-17
MSU 42-17
EWU 41-17

SpokaneNDSUBisonFan
12-11-2010, 02:10 PM
The Bison continue their streak of never losing on Red Turf and continue to pour it on in the playoffs.

Bison big over EWU 34-6

Bisonfan1
12-11-2010, 02:11 PM
BISON - 38
GAYeagles- 20

PUMP IT UP !! GO BISON !!!

HoopsBison
12-11-2010, 02:28 PM
21-10 BISON

:cheers:

GOEWU
12-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Vegas has this game as an over/under at 43 w/ EWU a 5.5 pt fav. Therefore a 31-21 EWU victory seems to be in order...

HoopsBison
12-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Vegas has this game as an over/under at 43 w/ EWU a 5.5 pt fav. Therefore a 31-21 EWU victory seems to be in order...

Hope you and Vegas are wrong today...

You going to the game?

WYOBISONMAN
12-11-2010, 02:52 PM
NDSU......a bunch

EWU......< a bunch

WYOBISONMAN
12-11-2010, 02:54 PM

What do you know.....shit......no one goes to your games.....and you guys don't know how to drink. At least the Montanans can drink with us......and they get people to go to the games.....:smh:

BisoninNWMN
12-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Bison 28-17

Looking at their roster, the O-line is undersized and IMO, both of our lines will impose their will in the second half.

If we can pass the score might be a bigger margain in our favor.

GO BISON

A1pigskin
12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
They have some big players as we do. 17 to 14 Bison winning.

NDSUstudent
12-11-2010, 03:10 PM
28-20 Bison

GOEWU
12-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Hope you and Vegas are wrong today...

You going to the game?

As WYOBISONMAN mentioned nobody goes to our games(and we don't know how to drink) and he's right so I already made plans to go bowling and have a super strong cup of green tea...you guys have fun w/out me.

ewualum
12-11-2010, 04:37 PM
What?!?! Weak attempt at sarcasm....

But GO EAGS!! (and Villanova! I think we ALL agree on THAT, right?)

Thundering Herd
12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
BISON 31- ewu 17
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Screamin_Eagle174
12-12-2010, 01:30 AM
To all the respectful fans, this is not for you. Hell of a game, and congrats to the Bison on a great season. To those of you who talked as much shit as I did...

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/84490040261403636900.png

EASTERN EAGLES BABY!!! NEVER QUIT!!!!

onbison09
12-12-2010, 02:24 AM
To all the respectful fans, this is not for you. Hell of a game, and congrats to the Bison on a great season. To those of you who talked as much shit as I did...

You've posted that 14 times by my count.

ndsubison1
12-12-2010, 02:25 AM

you are a douche, along with #21 on your team