PDA

View Full Version : QB by committee??

TheBisonator
12-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Has there been any other times where a team in the pros or college was this successful with a QB whack-a-mole situation on their depth charts?? I know that UConn is going to a BCS bowl game with playing two different QBs for the past 1.5 seasons, I'm just curious if it's a rare thing when teams are successful with this, or if it's because teams with a great defense and running game like ours can make it work?? The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer (basically a placeholder QB) because their defense made opposing O's shit their pants. Just wondering what factors go into making this kind of thing work. I mean, does it even really matter if we have either Jensen or Mohler as our #1 guy??

UTH
12-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Florida did it a while back with big success.

BisonEngrGirl
12-09-2010, 05:02 AM
There are pros and cons. Obviously we are lucky enough to have 2 qbs with experience this season that have a feel for how the offense works together. I definitely think that Jensen is the #1 guy, mostly because of his ability to complete a few more passes, as well as his size advantage (especially in the red zone). You have to wonder, though, the adjustments that the offensive players make to get in tune with each qb's style. Still, I think it's a plus for NDSU to be able to have good depth in this position, as well as the depth we are lucky enough to have in multiple positions on both offense and defense!

Twentysix
12-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Neither qb is that amazing, really doesnt matter either way.

I like jose personally, but brock is fine too.

Im hoping Elsley or that Arizona kid are light years better than both, or both get a million times better over the offseason.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2010, 01:13 PM
The discussion at First Lutheran (in Williston) last night was Thornton will be a stunner. (Everyone is talking Bison Football)!

perthbison
12-09-2010, 01:20 PM
The discussion at First Lutheran (in Williston) last night was Thornton will be a stunner. (Everyone is talking Bison Football)!

Lotta Bison talk over here yoo! Nebraska won a national champion 10 plus years ago using two quarterbacks, one a passer and one excelled at runs and pitches.