PDA

View Full Version : Jensen cleared to play

4mcruenomore
12-08-2010, 07:59 PM
enuff said.......awesome news

Bison15
12-08-2010, 08:02 PM
We may just have a chance with the passing game this weekend!

roadwarrior
12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I love having BOTH Brock and Jose ready to play. They both are an integral part of where the team is today!

onbison09
12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!

coldspot
12-08-2010, 08:05 PM

Butwhatabout esley?:hide:

I can't help that I'm a smart ass, sorry :D

Also very glad to know we'll have our go-to QB ready to play and we've got a backup who can get the job done (whether it's done well or not is up for debate)

aces1180
12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Two healthy, experienced QBs available is a great asset!

Go Bison!

KilldeerBison
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Great News! GO BISON!!

Facts
12-08-2010, 08:14 PM
plus plus plus

NDSUFan_Sav
12-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I love having BOTH Brock and Jose ready to play. They both are an integral part of where the team is today!

well said road

bison boy
12-08-2010, 08:19 PM
give them HELL brock !! go bison

GradBison
12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Awesome news indeed!

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/12/04/1205-s-bison-2-qbs.jpg

Love this pic. :nod:

tony
12-08-2010, 08:24 PM

^ What he said.

90BISON
12-08-2010, 08:29 PM

.....and this is going to be huge going into next year, with all this EXTRA playing time for both of them.....as we have seen this year, we really need 2 "capable" quarterbacks, at all times....all it takes is one play.....

tcbison
12-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Awesome news indeed!

TOTALLY AGREE! True definition of a team right there!

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2010, 08:33 PM
nice having 2 qbs with their feet wet ready to go..thats about as far as I'll go. But I doubt ewus d.c. Will lose much sleep tonight with the news..

bri-dog
12-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Awesome news indeed!

Me too -- it's one of the two I put on my DVD case inserts.:nod: :D

GradBison
12-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Me too -- it's one of the two I put on my DVD case inserts.:nod: :D

You've got a DVD for the MSU game???

BisonEngrGirl
12-08-2010, 09:08 PM
This guy is resilient. With all his injuries he's had this year, he still finds a way to come back from all of them and be a force on the team (so far). Let's hope this weekend is no different. GO BSION :nod:

HerdBot
12-08-2010, 09:26 PM

That's good news. Not because he's way better but because we seem to get a lot of injuries at qb and we don't have to worry about Perez coming in with no experience in the biggest game in our D1 history. We can run the qb more and not worry about injuries. With the potential for tough field conditions I like the idea of a bigger guy to break some tackles. Don't think we'll throw the ball 30 times.

bisonwest
12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Butwhatabout esley?:hide:

I can't help that I'm a smart ass, sorry :D

Also very glad to know we'll have our go-to QB ready to play and we've got a backup who can get the job done (whether it's done well or not is up for debate)

If we win, it is done well.

devin45k
12-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I am a very happy man right now. :D

nevadacat
12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Good to hear. Didn't like seeing him go out like that last Saturday and was hoping it was nothing serious.

runtheoption
12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Awesome news indeed!

That pic was awesome. It shows a lot about the character of these 2 guys.

I know there are tons of good reasons to stay with 1 QB during the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jose come in for a series or 2 just for a change of pace. EWU knows we are gonna try and run it down their throats all day, and our QB runs have been a big part of that. Jose's running style quite different than Brock's, and it would make things a little harder for EWU to prepare for. I liken it to Sigers, Voigt, or Lang coming in for DJ for a few plays.

BisoninNWMN
12-08-2010, 09:46 PM
If we can have any type of consistent passing game on saturday IMO we win this game...not easily but by at least 10 points.

They will stack the box and we need some passing to keep them off-balance and get critical drive sustaining 1st downs..........but if we can run like we did against the Bobcats then we probably dont have to pass much...:D

Da Bison
12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
It's really nice having both QB's healthy for this game:nod:

Maybe just as important is having a full stable of healthy LB's too:D

NDSU1980
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Glad to see both available. Sure gives me a good feeling though that most of the points last Saturday came under Jose. He's a kid who wants to win at all costs.

Twentysix
12-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Jose seems to be faster and shiftier, And now that he has the whole fullback thing out of his head i like his running style. If only he would stay in the pocket more.

Brock is definetly more consistent short running qb.

Jose breaks off bigggggggg runs though.

JustinTyem
12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Jose seems to be faster and shiftier, And now that he has the whole fullback thing out of his head i like his running style. If only he would stay in the pocket more.

Brock is definetly more consistent short running qb.

Jose breaks off bigggggggg runs though.

Jose is quick,but Brock is faster. Jose is shifty (swivel hips),where Brock goes north and south. Thats alot of problems for the foe to plan for!!!

Gully
12-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Brock is faster than Jose? Really?

Twentysix
12-08-2010, 11:47 PM

In my 9 games watched in person i havent seen it.

Maybe outside the game brock wins a footrace.

Brock does seem more stable and is a good runner no doubt.

But ingames seems jose is faster, imo.

KilldeerBison
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM

I heard this from Bohl last fall, Brock is the fastest QB, at least in the 40.

Twentysix
12-08-2010, 11:54 PM

Either way there both good qbs that have alot to learn when it comes to passing.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Great News!!!!!!! GO BISON!!!

perthbison
12-09-2010, 02:43 AM

Their times in the 40 might be different if there is a psycho linebacker closing on them as they run.:D

BisonPride20
12-09-2010, 03:16 AM
I personally would like to see mohler start if his shoulder is healthy. I think the only reason he was so inaccurate in the msu game was because he re-hurt his shoulder. But hey, jensen has been that inaccurate all year..

EndZoneQB
12-09-2010, 03:40 AM

I have heard this from more than a couple sources. Jose has quicker feet tho.

Twentysix
12-09-2010, 04:03 AM
I personally would like to see mohler start if his shoulder is healthy. I think the only reason he was so inaccurate in the msu game was because he re-hurt his shoulder. But hey, jensen has been that inaccurate all year..

This. Besides if worst comes to worst than jensen can bail mohler out.

SportsLover
12-09-2010, 04:21 AM
I no we should be focused on saturday but since everybody's going on back and forth on Our two young and talented QBs what would are your guys view on maybe us doing what LSU did this year. Both quarterbacks played during the game switching on possessions.

NDSUstudent
12-09-2010, 04:25 AM
One QB plays, the other only plays due to injury or the starting QB's failure.

I honestly don't really care who Bohl picks, both can get it done. But you don't start playing musical QBs in the playoffs. One voice, one leader. Pick one and let the team rally behind him.

SportsLover
12-09-2010, 04:27 AM
One QB plays, the other only plays due to injury or the starting QB's failure.

I honestly don't really care who Bohl picks, both can get it done. But you don't start playing musical QBs in the playoffs. One voice, one leader. Pick one and let the team rally behind him.

Sorry i meant for next year :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I would nvr think of doing that in the third round of the playoffs

NDSUstudent
12-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Sorry i meant for next year

If they had contrasting styles I could maybe see it but they both kind of do the same thing. I think no matter what you just need to pick somebody and go with it.

TheBisonator
12-09-2010, 04:33 AM
This. Besides if worst comes to worst than jensen can bail mohler out.

Either is capable of bailing either out as long as neither gets hurt again.

Twentysix
12-09-2010, 05:36 AM
Either is capable of bailing either out as long as neither gets hurt again.

I like mohler(aslong as hes not hurt shoulder, fullback mohler) 51%
to Jensen(aslong as hes not looking drunk when throwing to 12 foot tall receivers) 49%.

:P

JustinTyem
12-09-2010, 05:39 AM
I like mohler(aslong as hes not hurt shoulder, fullback mohler) 51%
to Jensen(aslong as hes not looking drunk when throwing to 12 foot tall receivers) 49%.

:P

Are you Drunk???? :cheers: :bong:

lakesbison
12-09-2010, 05:50 AM
remember MISSOURI ST.

where bohl didnt start jose? 3-0.

start jose, bring jensen in if things go hairy.

Jose has won 5 big games, Kansas, Youngstown, Southern Illinois , SDSU, Montana State. This is a BIG BIG BIG game!

sambini
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Every Game Is A Big Game. Win Or Lose As A Team...

unbison
12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
remember MISSOURI ST.

Jose has won 5 big games, Kansas, Youngstown, Southern Illinois , SDSU, Montana State. This is a BIG BIG BIG game!

You seem to forget Jensen lead us to early scores! Which really gave us the ability to win this game! I also believe mohair came in with a lead

dryash83
12-09-2010, 01:01 PM
How's this: We start better with Jensen, and finish better with Mohler??

aces1180
12-09-2010, 01:26 PM
remember MISSOURI ST.

Dammit Lakes...The team has won all nine games and that is all that matters! Quit saying Jose has won those games!

NDSU1980
12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
remember MISSOURI ST.

I agree with you Lakes. Most of Jensen's games have taken him the entire first half to get going. Start Jose, he's won the big ones for us this year, and besides, things were really humming in the 4th quarter last week after Jose came in.

Bison Dan
12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Dammit Lakes...The team has won all nine games and that is all that matters! Quit saying Jose has won those games!

It was more he didn't lose them than win them

coldspot
12-09-2010, 01:51 PM
It was more he didn't lose them than win them

ItWotGS:
+++++++++

gt_bison
12-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I agree with you Lakes. Most of Jensen's games have taken him the entire first half to get going. Start Jose, he's won the big ones for us this year, and besides, things were really humming in the 4th quarter last week after Jose came in.
So Jose wore down the MSU defensive line himself? I guess I don't recall him opening up holes to run through.

Glad to have two QBs ready to play on Saturday, and I'm hoping for a good game from whichever the coaching staff decides to start.

steelbison
12-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Glad to see both available. Sure gives me a good feeling though that most of the points last Saturday came under Jose. He's a kid who wants to win at all costs.

You have to stop this!!!!!!!! yep, sure glad Jose had guys WIDE OPEN and couldn't complete a pass.

Something that is kind of important for a QB to do...If all you can do is complete screens and short passes you are NOT going to be successful.

Everyone gets your a big Jose fan. No problem. But don't act like handing off is a big deal...

bri-dog
12-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm OK with either, but tend to prefer Jensen because of his size and ability/willingness to throw deep. He's had some bad luck this year; broken collarbone when the protection broke down, and concussion when he lost his footing trying to avoid a big hit. That was just plain bad luck.

Jose, IMO, looked like crap last week trying to throw, but I'm pretty sure he was hurting worse than any of us know. After the time he got thrown down (after a false start penalty if I remember right) he was really working the right shoulder trying to shake off some pain.

EDIT: Just found that spot in the game (3:35 left in the first half), they got a free shot on Jose after the whistle blew on a false start, Jose landed on his right shoulder and was DEFINITELY hurting. I think that's one reason his throws were off.

I just hope whoever starts is healthy, and STAYS healthy!!

THEsocalledfan
12-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Guys,

I think Jensen was as big a key to the MSU win as Jose. He played very well early on even if the passing numbers were not great. Jose then came in and was careful with the ball, and that is why they won.

Key for the Bison to win is the the same plan:

1. Do not get down big.
2. Pound the ball.
3. Pass enough to keep them honest.

If they do this, Eastern Washington will start wanting their teddy bears in the 4th quarter. I think Jensen is clearly better at #3, but feel we can win with Jose thanks to our defense. They are the key.

BisonPride20
12-09-2010, 07:47 PM
You have to stop this!!!!!!!! yep, sure glad Jose had guys WIDE OPEN and couldn't complete a pass.

Something that is kind of important for a QB to do...If all you can do is complete screens and short passes you are NOT going to be successful.

Everyone gets your a big Jose fan. No problem. But don't act like handing off is a big deal...

He re-hurt his shoulder hence why he was so off.

I am not sure why everyone is so big on brock. He has not proved he is any better than mohler in games, but I do admit he has more potential. 40% completion rate? give me a break

BisoninNWMN
12-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I agree with you Lakes. Most of Jensen's games have taken him the entire first half to get going. Start Jose, he's won the big ones for us this year, and besides, [B]things were really humming in the 4th quarter last week after Jose came in.[/B

LOL....get over your Jose man-crush.

We won in Bozeman because of the defense and our offensive line wearing them down. Jose managed the game but did not win it for us.

Good that both are able to play. Jensen is a better QB....period.

BisoninNWMN
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Good call.

Jose is probably a very good kid but not a good QB.

BisonPride20
12-09-2010, 07:59 PM
[/B

We won in Bozeman because of the defense and our offensive line wearing them down. Jose managed the game but did not win it for us.

I dont think anyone is saying jose won us the game but he did manage it well and made one huge play with his feet.

How is Brock better? I don't agree but it is very debatable. I just dont think Brock has proved anything yet

Jose should start

4mcruenomore
12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Would appreciate some + reps for not even discussing QB's for quite some time, thanks! Ha!!

THE HERD
12-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Not a Mohler hater, but Jensen is a better qb. Jensen has much better field vision, in other words he sees the whole field, plus he will step up in the pocket and actually get past his first option without bailing out to run. Granted his completion percentage needs to improve, but some of that can be attributed to playing injured/rusty and also to a significant number of drops(we need better wr's). Plus his upside or potential is huge compared to Mohlers and I believe he will show that in the next three years. Bottom line is that we won't run over EW like we did the cats, they have an all american LB and an all conference 300lb DT, so we will need to be able to throw the ball and not just screens to get a W. Jensen gives us that best chance to hit a few big plays in the pass game. Kudos to both qb's though for gutting it out and playing banged up......glad we have both of them.

56BISON73
12-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Would appreciate some + reps for not even discussing QB's for quite some time, thanks! Ha!!

Thats why you are still allowed to post so dont push it. :D

NDSU1980
12-09-2010, 10:45 PM
[/B

The same could be said about you and Jensen. All he has proved is that he can't play the first half and he can't play an entire game without getting hurt. Neither one is an attribute for a good QB. Some of you would bitch about Jose even if he wins us a national championship. Lets see, NW Minnesota.............isn't that Mertens country????

semobison
12-09-2010, 11:00 PM
NW, neither qb has proven to be head or shoulders above the other. They both bring somthing to the table,.... ...and Heard, if Brocks field vision is better why isnt he completing a higher percentage of his passes....What I like about both of them is, THEY COMPETE!

devin45k
12-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Jensen can actually pass over five yards

perthbison
12-09-2010, 11:58 PM
[/B

Pretty much sums up my assesment.

BisoninNWMN
12-10-2010, 01:07 AM
The same could be said about you and Jensen. All he has proved is that he can't play the first half and he can't play an entire game without getting hurt. Neither one is an attribute for a good QB. Some of you would bitch about Jose even if he wins us a national championship. Lets see, NW Minnesota.............isn't that Mertens country????

You bet, buddy. I live 50 miles from east-side. I have already written about this in the past. Mertens was the best HS QB that I saw play. A duel running and passing threat. He was Mr. Football in MN and he didn't get it done in college. Some of that can be contributed to the coaches lack of using his talents but bottomline he didn't produce. I can guarantee two things though.....

1. I bet you never saw him in person playing HS football
2. You couldn't hold his jock-strap.

Jose is mediocre at best. If he can lead us to a NC then great but he is not our best QB. Like I told you before, let's wait and see after spring ball to see where they stand on the depth chart. Sure he can hand off the ball and make the short-flat passes but his field vision is poor and he cannot stretch the field and makes too many mental mistakes.

I could care less who leads this team on saturday.

Fast50Dad
12-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Break-break, idle down Bison fans. We support the QB that runs out onto the field.

Go Bison!

Da_Bison
12-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Break-break, idle down Bison fans. We support the QB that runs out onto the field.

Go Bison!

++++++++well put

4mcruenomore
12-10-2010, 01:27 AM

Go Bison!

I totally agree, both have made me eat much crow. Damn we are gonna be deep at QB next year too. Now that is awesome.

bisoneer
12-10-2010, 01:52 AM
This is great news, now thier D wont know whether to poop or get off the pot as they will need to develop a game plan for 2 great QBs and that will confuse the crap out of them... GO HERD!!! Make some hay out of these eagle things...

BisonNeil
12-10-2010, 02:27 AM
You seem to forget Jensen lead us to an early score! Which really gave us the ability to win this game! I also believe mohair came in when it was tied

There, fixed it for you.

The score at halftime was 7-7, Jensen left in the second quarter, on the drive he was injured Jastram shanked an easy FG.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad everyone's memory is on this board.

BisonNeil
12-10-2010, 02:34 AM
I dont think anyone is saying jose won us the game but he did manage it well and made one huge play with his feet.

How is Brock better? I don't agree but it is very debatable. I just dont think Brock has proved anything yet

Jose should start

I agree. Jensen hasn't proven diddly yet, but I think we can all agree he has a much bigger upside with his potential which, as of yet, is unrealized.

The key to this game will be exploiting the weak DBs of EWU. They are tough in the middle with two huge DTs and an all american MLB. The Bison found it tough going in the middle against a suspect MSU defense, I suspect this weekend will be even tougher. I really think the DC would be an idiot if he doesn't pack the box and dare the Bison to pass, so we will have to do so to have a chance to win this game.

Although I don't have a lot of faith in either QB to pass effectively I do believe that we stand a better chance with Jensen throwing the ball than with Mohler. And don't misunderstand me, I do not believe we can pound the rock like we did at MSU and win this game, we will have to pass, and Jensen is out best hope of being able to do that.

bri-dog
12-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Okay, so now we're quibbling over details.:hide:

But we WERE ahead when Jose came in (7-0). Jastram's miss would have made it 10-0, so Brock should have pretty much led us to a 10-0 lead.

Then MSU came back and tied it.

56BISON73
12-10-2010, 04:09 AM

Thats because the rest of the offense doesnt show up as well. But nice try.

THE HERD
12-10-2010, 01:21 PM
NW, neither qb has proven to be head or shoulders above the other. They both bring somthing to the table,.... ...and Heard, if Brocks field vision is better why isnt he completing a higher percentage of his passes....What I like about both of them is, THEY COMPETE!

I mentioned a reason why his completion percentage is lower.....injuries/rustiness, but the biggest reason is when Jensen is in we will actually try and throw the ball further than five yards! 95% of Mohlers passes are ten yards and in basically, so he better have a decent completion percentage. We don't even attempt to go down field when Mohler is at qb!

bisonhp330
12-10-2010, 01:29 PM
So Jose wore down the MSU defensive line himself? I guess I don't recall him opening up holes to run through.

Glad to have two QBs ready to play on Saturday, and I'm hoping for a good game from whichever the coaching staff decides to start.

++++++++++++++++++++++

344Johnson
12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Brock gives us the best chance to win anytime he is on the field. Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying he is a new Walker.

1. He is a better runner than Jose...not as explosive, but more consistent 5-10 yard runs. And likes hitting people(sometimes his downfall maybe?)

2. Solid deep ball, maybe Jose's isn't bad but we dont let him show it off. Either way, when Brock is in they have to respect Holloway going deep rather than just the quick pass out to the flat(warren is actually solid on those but thats just going to get me off topic)

3. Potential, Brock is the type of QB that our system should be using, I dont even call us West Coast because we run more than that system prescribes. Brock can open up the field which makes it easier on the linemen and DJ.

4. Presense, Brock stays in the pocket....when he gets sacked we lose 5 yards....not 15. He has the size to see over the line or to put his head down and gain 5-10 yards.

I can not say I'm not biased, I am. Some people can make just as good or a better case for Jose, I just don't see it in him. As long as we win this weekend, I don't give two shits for who is playing under center.

Anyone know where I can find nutrition values for eagle? :hungry:

bisonhp330
12-10-2010, 02:00 PM
You bet, buddy. I live 50 miles from east-side. I have already written about this in the past. Mertens was the best HS QB that I saw play. A duel running and passing threat. He was Mr. Football in MN and he didn't get it done in college. Some of that can be contributed to the coaches lack of using his talents but bottomline he didn't produce. I can guarantee two things though.....

1. I bet you never saw him in person playing HS football
2. You couldn't hold his jock-strap.

Jose is mediocre at best. If he can lead us to a NC then great but he is not our best QB. Like I told you before, let's wait and see after spring ball to see where they stand on the depth chart. Sure he can hand off the ball and make the short-flat passes but his field vision is poor and he cannot stretch the field and makes too many mental mistakes.

I could care less who leads this team on saturday.

um....who would want to? and by the way it sounds its taken.....do you have it bronzed and mounted on your wall or in your pocket where you take it out once in a while and caress it.........and im not sure what you mean by the 'coaches didnt use his talents' - he was a bust- there is one thing that few can match that he had- arrogance.

I do agree- whoever walks out is who we back 100% .....I would just put more faith in Jensen if there is a choice.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-10-2010, 03:10 PM
can we seriously stop the argument between the two....lets support all our qbs all our rbs all our wrs etc etc. YOU guys we're 9-4 and final 8 in the FCS playoffs. They both have pros and cons but who cares their biggest pro is that they're both bison!!!!!!!! Another pro is they're great friends and very close with eachother:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs583.ash2/150517_1607899270744_1034040328_31555583_2626390_n .jpg

roadwarrior
12-10-2010, 03:17 PM
can we seriously stop the argument between the two....lets support all our qbs all our rbs all our wrs etc etc. YOU guys we're 9-4 and final 8 in the FCS playoffs. They both have pros and cons but who cares their biggest pro is that they're both bison!!!!!!!! Another pro is they're great friends and very close with eachother:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs583.ash2/150517_1607899270744_1034040328_31555583_2626390_n .jpg

^^^^ this!

These 2 guys support each other whenever the other guy is on the field. They both deserve our support as well. Let's get to the semifinals! Who would have thunk this in august?

Bison"FANatic"
12-10-2010, 04:04 PM
^^^^ this!

These 2 guys support each other whenever the other guy is on the field. They both deserve our support as well. Let's get to the semifinals! Who would have thunk this in august?

August???????, Heck November!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

TransAmBison
12-10-2010, 04:21 PM

You nailed it.*

*Too easy?**
**You got it***
***This could go for a while

tony
12-10-2010, 05:08 PM
You nailed it.*

* TWTRGCSTFTTCTDSAHHCWGSS**

BTW, NDSUFan_Sav, is dead on with his comment.

**That's What T_____ka's Rhytmic Gymnastic Coach Screamed The First Time T____ka Completed The Double Somersault And Hula Hoop Catch Without Getting Spectacularly Sick.