PDA

View Full Version : Altitude Sports

northendzone
12-08-2010, 05:32 PM
They are showing they will be having the game on! This is good news for Dish Network folks with the sports package. I thought I would have to buy a one week subscription to Game Plan for $25.00.

onbison09
12-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Pretty sure it's tape delayed though.

onbison09
12-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Altitude 2, DirectTV Channel 682, will carry the NDSU v. Eastern Washington game live.

devin45k
12-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh lawd, I wanna see this badly but I cant

tojo70
12-08-2010, 07:49 PM
AWESOME!!! This post made my day.
Now I'll get to watch the game!!

scbison91
12-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Altitude 2, DirectTV Channel 682, will carry the NDSU v. Eastern Washington game live.

Where did you get this information... I checked Direct tv and don't see any thing on Alt 2 for NDSU vs Eastern Washington at 3:30 EST

bri-dog
12-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't either, but I'm still hoping...

onbison09
12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=448452#post448452

From another poster. Just thought I'd pass it along. No idea if it's true.

tojo70
12-08-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.altitude.tv/WhatsOn/default.aspx

southcliffbison
12-08-2010, 10:49 PM
So, like, where is it? I looked at 12/11 programming and it's not listed. Is the programming on this service subject to pre-empting?

bri-dog
12-08-2010, 11:04 PM
The only time it's listed on Altitude's website is at 12:00 am on the 11th. That's 13 1/2 hours before game time. Then a tape delay the next day a midnight. I'm just gonna hope for the best for everyone; I'm going to a watch party in Denver and then DVR it at midnight if I have to.

Herd
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
If it was going to be live on Altitude, you would think that it would be noted as such on the EWU website.

I have DTV and the Package, and I don't see it. I hope it shows up live on 682, but I don't see it yet.

OmahaBison
12-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I have Direct TV as well, and it didn't show up on the guide. However, I e-mailed Altitude earlier today. Here is their response.

"Altitude will be broadcasting the North Dakota State vs. EasterWashington FCS Quarterfinal game LIVE on Altitude 2 beginning at 1:30pmMT."

RadBison
12-09-2010, 12:19 AM
I have Direct TV as well, and it didn't show up on the guide. However, I e-mailed Altitude earlier today. Here is their response.

"Altitude will be broadcasting the North Dakota State vs. EasterWashington FCS Quarterfinal game LIVE on Altitude 2 beginning at 1:30pmMT."

Pray be to you that this is accurate! (ok pray for everyone w/o GamePlan or the North Dakota NBC Network that this is accurate)

Thankyou, made my day! :)

Timp
12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Listed on Directv at channel 789 ESPN as part of game plan.

Herd
12-09-2010, 12:29 AM

That is surprising:

In "The Sports Network" preview vs. Montana State, TV says: ESPN Gameplan, ND NBC Network, Altitude sports.

In "The Sports Network" preview vs. EWU, TV says: ESPN Gameplan, ND NBC Network. (No Altitude listed)

Hope your email is right!

THEsocalledfan
12-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Folks need to know the scoop on altitude 2....here is straight from the web-site:

"*A bonus event is an event that Altitude offers to some or all of its cable or satellite partners that those partners are not obligated to carry. Due to league or conference territorial restrictions, provider channel space and bandwidth limitations, not all bonus events are available in all areas. Alternatively, in some areas Altitude2 is provided as a full time channel. To find out if a bonus event will air or if Altitude2 is available in your area, please check your local listings."

You will need to confirm with your provider I think.

I just ordered gameplan for the weekend. $25 is a steal compared to uncertainty and the bar tab!

cats2506
12-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Dish network channel 448

scbison91
12-09-2010, 03:01 AM
It is now showing up on 682 on Altitutude 2 on Direct TV when I hit guide...

tojo70
12-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Ok, just noticed when I clicked on the programming guide I failed to look at the exact time. I saw that Altitude has the game, but it's at 12:00 AM on Saturday night, so must be tape delay. :banghead: :banghead:
Not that it matters, I'm going sledding in the mountains with the family and staying in a cabin on Saturday and won't be able to watch live. Going to tape the game and watch when I get home Sunday morning. So I'll be "going dark" Saturday morning before the game....shutting down the cell phone and internet 'til I can watch the game.

stevdock
12-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Ok, just noticed when I clicked on the programming guide I failed to look at the exact time. I saw that Altitude has the game, but it's at 12:00 AM on Saturday night, so must be tape delay. :banghead: :banghead:
Not that it matters, I'm going sledding in the mountains with the family and staying in a cabin on Saturday and won't be able to watch live. Going to tape the game and watch when I get home Sunday morning. So I'll be "going dark" Saturday morning before the game....shutting down the cell phone and internet 'til I can watch the game.

Like was said above you it is on Altitude 2 on Channel 682. It says College Football instead of NDSU vs. EWU, but when you look at info there it says who is playing.

RadBison
12-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Like was said above you it is on Altitude 2 on Channel 682. It says College Football instead of NDSU vs. EWU, but when you look at info there it says who is playing.

Yup, DVR is set :nod: (but I plan on watching it as well, just not sure from where)

bri-dog
12-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Yep, it did take Altitude a long time to update their guide (besides the tape delay) but KUDOS to them for carrying it. I might have to send them a nice email...

Siouxfallsbison
12-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Yep, it did take Altitude a long time to update their guide (besides the tape delay) but KUDOS to them for carrying it. I might have to send them a nice email...

My DVR is already set. I turned down Officiating a big high school BB game to be able to watch. Go Bison!!

THEsocalledfan
12-09-2010, 03:33 PM
My DVR is already set. I turned down Officiating a big high school BB game to be able to watch. Go Bison!!

You on a dish? I had to do game plan on midcon.....(I am in Sioux Falls, too.)

northendzone
12-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Show's on Dish Network Altitude Alternate channel on dish guide. Looks like I am good to go. That is dish network channel 448.

The new Dish Network receiver 922 VIP is sling box loaded and awesome. I can view TV from anywhere on my Laptop, Ipad, and iphone. They now integrate with Google TV. I plan on doing that soon.

Siouxfallsbison
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
You on a dish? I had to do game plan on midcon.....(I am in Sioux Falls, too.)

I have DirecTV:) Last week game was in HD:nod:

aces1180
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I have DirecTV:) Last week game was in HD:nod:

It was on the HD channel, but it was not filmed in HD, so technically it wasn't.

I watched via DirecTV as well and the game had black bars along the sides, which indicates it was scaled-down to 4:3 format as to not appear stretched.

Siouxfallsbison
12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
It was on the HD channel, but it was not filmed in HD, so technically it wasn't.

I watched via DirecTV as well and the game had black bars along the sides, which indicates it was scaled-down to 4:3 format as to not appear stretched.

Picture was really good. Maybe it was because The Bison were winning or maybe I had a few too many:blush:

THEsocalledfan
12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Anyone know if in high def this week? If not, why not?

southcliffbison
12-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey, I'm in Sioux Falls, too! Just wondering what waterhole in the SF area will have the game on. I asked Chico at Stubbie's to have it on (I also promised to spend alot of money there, too!) Said he'd check it out. Anyone know FOR SURE what place will have the game on?

nevadacat
12-09-2010, 10:58 PM
If you are in Vegas, Torrey Pines Pub will have the game on. join us for a brew.

THEsocalledfan
12-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey, I'm in Sioux Falls, too! Just wondering what waterhole in the SF area will have the game on. I asked Chico at Stubbie's to have it on (I also promised to spend alot of money there, too!) Said he'd check it out. Anyone know FOR SURE what place will have the game on?

No, I don't and was too lazy to figure it out. I just ordered game plan instead.

Siouxfallsbison
12-10-2010, 03:20 PM
No, I don't and was too lazy to figure it out. I just ordered game plan instead.

I will have it on at home on Altitude channel. ordered the sports package last week. Have not checked any bars for viewing.

Hammerhead
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
The DirecTV guide says it will be standard definition. :(

I'm sure it costs more to lease HD equipment and/or there might not be an HD-capable mobile facility available on the west coast this weekend.

Anyone know if in high def this week? If not, why not?

EndZoneQB
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I will have it on at home on Altitude channel. ordered the sports package last week. Have not checked any bars for viewing.

Just kindly point out that some LOCAL kids are playing MEANINGFUL D-I football currently :)

Siouxfallsbison
12-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Just kindly point out that some LOCAL kids are playing MEANINGFUL D-I football currently :)

Went to see my dad in Brookings at the Nursing Home and wore my NDSU pullover. went to get coffee and the cashier said " you are pretty brave for wearing that here. I just said No and walked away:D
They should have more NDSU stuff at Scheels here also. They have one shirt!:ranting:

buffbison
12-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know what ESPN3 looks like, with a high bandwith internet connection (12-15 mbps) , and hooked up to 47 inch tv?

Is it going to be quite grainy and unwatchable?

Or should I just head over to Roseville for the game?

onbison09
12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Does anyone know what ESPN3 looks like, with a high bandwith internet connection (12-15 mbps) , and hooked up to 47 inch tv?

Haven't tried that but last week the quality was very good (knocks on wood) for me on my laptop so I think you'll be OK Might want to try some other broadcasts out tonight though.

buffbison
12-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Haven't tried that but last week the quality was very good (knocks on wood) for me on my laptop so I think you'll be OK Might want to try some other broadcasts out tonight though.

Thanks, ya I'll make sure to try it out before the game tomorrow.

EmeraldCityBison
12-10-2010, 10:24 PM

It's usually pretty good until you put it in full screen mode. I have a 52" and it's quite pixilated in full screen. BUT on a TV that size, the normal viewing screen is pretty good.

Hammersmith
12-10-2010, 10:51 PM

I hooked up my laptop to my 42"(HDMI) and watched some of the MSU game. There are four bars possible. When all four were lit, it looked like something between an HD and SD broadcast. No pixeling. On three bars, it looked about as good as an SD broadcast. With two bars, you started seeing pixeling on any solid color(turf, etc). At one bar, it looked like a regular webcast; lots of blotchiness. I've got a 5 mbps connection, but I don't think that is the only factor in the quality. Also, the quality will change many times throughout the game. In my limited experience, it's been mainly between three and four bars, so it wasn't much of a problem. YMMV