PDA

View Full Version : stupid naia bball messin with FBALL RUN!!

lakesbison
12-07-2010, 10:43 PM
THIS IS BS!!

In NO WAY should that NAIA vs ndsu bball game overshadow the fball run and game.

It's starting to piss me off that some in this area are more consumed with that then the EPIC RUN WE ARE ON!!!

THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS PEOPLE!!!!!

duluthbison
12-07-2010, 11:17 PM
THIS IS BS!!

In NO WAY should that NAIA vs ndsu bball game overshadow the fball run and game.

It's starting to piss me off that some in this area are more consumed with that then the EPIC RUN WE ARE ON!!!

It seems as if you are more obsessed about it than anyone else here. This is an important game for the two universities and the state. I don't think that this can overshadow the football game in any way but at the same time this is a big game for the basketball team. Not difficulty wise but the fact that this is the first relevant sport to play UND in a long time. Thats why it is such a big deal.

And btw...they are Division 1 Great West but that still doesn't mean that we won't crush them.

DjKyRo
12-07-2010, 11:19 PM
We all just have to admit and accept that we're not as big of Bison fans as Lakes. Shame on us for supporting the team regardless of the circumstances under which they're playing.

tjbison
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey Lakes, Love your passion, I tried to make it work to go to Cheney, but just couldn't after some plans fell thru and being in Bozeman last week with that I will be at the NDSU/WHO BBall game and will also see you in Boone or the West lot next Saturday;)

unbison
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM
It seems as if you are more obsessed about it than anyone else here. This is an important game for the two universities and the state. I don't think that this can overshadow the football game in any way but at the same time this is a big game for the basketball team. Not difficulty wise but the fact that this is the first relevant sport to play UND in a long time. Thats why it is such a big deal.

And btw...they are Division 1 Great West but that still doesn't mean that we won't crush them.

How is this a big game 4 us? How is this a big game for the state?........we are playing a team that will have an rpi in the high 200s to the low 300s d:nod: oes us no good as I see it

tony
12-07-2010, 11:23 PM
One thing is obvious: Lakesbison cares about the Sioux desperately, almost to the point of obsession.

If somebody posted every freaking day on his some social site how he doesn't care about his ex-girlfriend and then blows up everytime somebody mentions her, what would that tell you?

If I were UND, I'd get a restraining order slapped on Lakesbison :)

tjbison
12-07-2010, 11:26 PM
How is this a big game 4 us? How is this a big game for the state?........we are playing a team that will have an rpi in the high 200s to the low 300s d:nod: oes us no good as I see it

Very true, but this will be my last opportunity to talk smack with the Sioux after Saturday we will NEVER play the Sioux again

NDSUstudent
12-07-2010, 11:28 PM
The only good thing for us is that this game will bring in some cash and our team will get to play in front of a big crowd at the dome. Which I'm sure they are very excited about, heck even I'm getting excited about.

Bison"FANatic"
12-07-2010, 11:29 PM
The difference between this and football is the take at the gate is going to be a nice check for us. Now football is a different story with how we sell out. Imagine if we would have given up the Kansas game this year for a home game against UND. Nice gate but we would not have been in the playoffs even with the home win.

duluthbison
12-07-2010, 11:30 PM

I guess what I was trying to say is that there are many people in this state who want NDSU/UND to resume the rivalry. This game is one big step towards that goal, even if we won't play them in football again unless its in playoffs.

I think this game is more for the people of this state than the universities. I know we will crush UND and they will wish they didn't schedule it.

Just my take on things

aces1180
12-07-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm extremely fired up for the football game...The basketball game is just a bonus, IMO.

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2010, 12:13 AM
one game starts at 2:30, the other game starts at 7..hardly overshadowing.

and trust me, id go to a bar to watch the football game over ndsu/und playing basketball in my driveway

56BISON73
12-08-2010, 02:47 AM

Do you really think the majority of fans know what NDSUs and UNDs RPI is? Hell they dont even know what RPI stands for.
They also wont care who has the best record. The fans will be there because it is THE game. Has any other game in the last 4 years garnered this much attention and attendance at home?

roadwarrior
12-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Has any other game in the last 4 years garnered this much attention and attendance at home?

Yes. Kansas State and Colorado State would have easily sold 10,000 tickets had they moved the game to the Fargodome.

lakesbison
12-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Oral Roberts has been PACKED both games.

SDSU games could of, perhaps.

K State, Col St for SURE.

My point is, Id hate for 1 FREAKIN minute that the players on this football team NOT get their just due, because of mcfooly, NBOTN, heitkemp, fargo forum slobbering over themselves (as well as some fans)

NDSU football deserves our attention now, its about a 9 on the 10 scale.

Naia team vs NDSU with bwws buying up the tickets is 5 on the 10 scale.

56BISON73
12-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Yes. Kansas State and Colorado State would have easily sold 10,000 tickets had they moved the game to the Fargodome.

What was the attendance? And why didnt they?

lakesbison
12-08-2010, 02:57 AM
good question PL. good question

NDSUstudent
12-08-2010, 02:59 AM
What was the attendance? And why didnt they?

Tim/Saul wanted the true home court for those games.

HandoEX
12-08-2010, 03:13 AM
I have had dozens of coworkers, high school friends, and aquaintences ask me about the football playoff run and if I was going. I have not had a single person ask me about the UND game. So I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, lakes. I think everyone understands the magnitude of what the football team is doing, from the media to hardcore fans to bandwagoners.

MN_BISON
12-08-2010, 03:21 AM
I don't think the basketball game is overshadowing the football team one bit. If I could swing a trip out to WA, I would in a second but as it stands right now it's not in the cards but I can make a trip to Fargo. If the games were being played at the same time, I think you'd have a lot of empty seats in the dome but it's not so the bars in Fargo will be rockin' on Saturday afternoon and the dome should be jumping later that evening.

VanClubPres
12-10-2010, 01:17 AM
My point is, Id hate for 1 FREAKIN minute that the players on this football team NOT get their just due

So I have been sitting back and laughing at all of these posts. But this could be preposterous statement of the day. I am sure that all the bars bracing for huge crowds to watch the fb game is proof that no one cares. Nope just another run of the mill game.

That said, as far as giving the team respect...where were you when the team was on the cusp of making the playoffs against Missouri St? That was a huge game. How about the last couple home games....those were huge games.

I am pretty sure that people are not sitting back saying, "Well, I could go to Washington but dang if the Booo and the Bison aren't playing so I'll have to skip this particular road trip. Besides, there will always be more playoff games." I don't think ANYONE is saying that.

Lakes, go get 'em for us. Represnt the Bison and BV well. We will cheer from here. Then we will go watch some other Bison mop floor with the Fighting Undies. They deserve our passion too.

lakesbison
12-10-2010, 01:51 AM
missou state game burgandy, endzone, longhorn, epbison and I had sensors ROCKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4mcruenomore
12-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Pretty sure Saul has it all wrapped up. I think most people know that, and will be rooting for our Football team.

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2010, 02:38 AM
missou state game burgandy, endzone, longhorn, epbison and I had sensors ROCKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I 35! I 35! I 35!

im surprised we didnt get our asses kicked, husker folk are kind people i guess

sambini
12-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Over 10 K Sold+++

lakesbison
12-10-2010, 04:01 AM
5800. sold. 2000 NDSU students 2200 given away.

56BISON73
12-10-2010, 04:03 AM
7800. sold. 2200 given away.

2200 were sold-bought---then they were given away. Regardless this game is setting records no matter which number you want to use.

lakesbison
12-10-2010, 04:34 AM
the point of this thread and it still stands.

its taking away from the FOOTBALL run. cuz i had to listen to mcfooly, nutbeard hammer and heitkemp and wday tv, kvly, fox talk about it during this week when all the attention should be on this freakin FOOTBALL team.

im done with this, cuz i have proved my point,

sambini
12-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Still gonna be over 10k in the Dome.

DjKyRo
12-10-2010, 09:17 AM

its taking away from the FOOTBALL run. cuz i had to listen to mcfooly, nutbeard hammer and heitkemp and wday tv, kvly, fox talk about it during this week when all the attention should be on this freakin FOOTBALL team.

Substitute football for hockey and you sound exactly like a UND fan. Why can't we support all the sports in their endeavors, period?

aces1180
12-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Substitute football for hockey and you sound exactly like a UND fan. Why can't we support all the sports in their endeavors, period?

Exactly! Cheer for all the Bison squads!

Superfan
12-10-2010, 01:31 PM
My point is, Id hate for 1 FREAKIN minute that the players on this football team NOT get their just due, because of mcfooly, NBOTN, heitkemp, fargo forum slobbering over themselves (as well as some fans)

I can't see how the team isn't getting their just due. The foolum has been pimping the football game all week. I haven't seen squat on the basketball game. I think the majority of Bison fans know the football game takes priority, the basketball game happens to be convenient. How many people here are not going to the football game because of the basketball game? I know I'm not. I'm not going because it's a long damn ways away and I don't know about you guys, but I need to be able to buy my family some christmas gifts. I'm going to the basketball game because I'm not going the football game. You can gaurendamntee that if they were at the same time on saturday, there's no way in hell I'd be at the dome.

99Bison
12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
This Bb game/event is a laugher, the fact it was move to the dome is a publicity stunt, in fact the whole game is. Media been drooling over anything bison/und for a long time, and finally have something tangible. Interesting that student tickets were not going quickly at all, nor sales until last week when phantom scarcity was pushed into it. As far as bison bb fans go, yes kstate, Colo state were way more hyped. The fact is people are going to this Bb game because they are trained to do so, just like are trained to go to homecoming (you go to bison/und games). And yea, not much bison fan talk about this game, hardly anyone is "pumped up" for it, its all about football.

Note: I am not saying doing this game is a bad thing. Would have liked to this event be against a legit Bb program.

roadwarrior
12-10-2010, 02:51 PM
The big basketball events this season at home are the nine Summit home games. I can't wait for those!

Hammersmith
12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
The basketball game is just an excuse for an after-game party to celebrate(or mourn) with 10,000 of your closest friends after a Bison football win(or loss). Seriously, do you expect people in the stands to talking about the epic battle going on on the court? Of course not. All anyone wearing yellow and green is going to be talking about is the EWU game.

BTW, anyone elso going to Gastropub early to watch the AppSt/'nova game?

lakesbison
12-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Phillips said he has received more comments from alumni and fans for this game “than any other single game I’ve been involved with.”

Saul. I CALL BULL$. you're telling me that NCAA TOURNEY vs KANSAS at the FREAKIN METRODOME WASNT??

UN BELEIVEABLE THE SPIN ON THIS STUPID GAME> you are poopin on woody's grave with that comment. W O W !

im gonna have to call Nicole.

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 03:10 PM
The basketball game is just an excuse for an after-game party to celebrate(or mourn) with 10,000 of your closest friends after a Bison football win(or loss). Seriously, do you expect people in the stands to talking about the epic battle going on on the court? Of course not. All anyone wearing yellow and green is going to be talking about is the EWU game.

What time does it start, and what channel is it on?

As for the BB game taking away from the FB game, I doubt when the BB was scheduled ANYONE was thinking we would be making a FCS FB run.

That all said, I tend to agree with Lakes (yes, I said that), why even bother playing UND in any sport unless we HAVE TO for some legit reason, like in the playoffs (although that will not likely happen soon in any sport). We owe them NOTHING, and they are the only ones that gain from us playing them.

Hammersmith
12-10-2010, 03:37 PM

11am(CST) - ESPN

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
11am(CST) - ESPN

Thanks. Is it straight up ESPN or one of the spin offs? Either way, looks like I will be heading to Fargo a little earlier than anticipted.

Hammersmith
12-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks. Is it straight up ESPN or one of the spin offs? Either way, looks like I will be heading to Fargo a little earlier than anticipted.

Straight up. It's on ESPN and ESPNHD.

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Thanks. And Lakes, just so you know you have some support, I won't even bother with the BB game until I read the score in the misinFormthem on Sunday morning.

tony
12-10-2010, 03:55 PM
You'd think the folks who got offended because NDSU fans dared to get excited about our first game in DI against Valpo and the first DI playoff game against Robert Morris would approve of Bison fans who view this is as little more than an exhibition. I mean, if this game was so dang important for North Dakota, where were these guys when Roger Thomas decided to end it. If he hadn't, NDSU and UND would be playing basketball for the 101st consecutive year.

Unlike those games, this one doesn't help with the real goals of the season: Winning conference and getting into the Big Dance again.

Personally, I think the game is a good idea. Better than playing another NAIA team in front of 1000 people.

VanClubPres
12-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Personally, I think the game is a good idea. Better than playing another NAIA team in front of 1000 people.

This.

If the Bison are going to play these warm up games, I would rather see them donkey punch the Sues than see the Concordias or valley city's or mayvilles in front of 1000 fans and 38 students of which 16 of them care.

EndZoneQB
12-10-2010, 04:49 PM

I thought it was ESPN2? I'm not sure if we'll be there at 11, but might try to stop in a little earlier to catch the end of it.

Kermit
12-10-2010, 05:13 PM

As for the BB game taking away from the FB game, I doubt when the BB was scheduled ANYONE was thinking we would be making a FCS FB run.

That all said, I tend to agree with Lakes (yes, I said that), why even bother playing UND in any sport unless we HAVE TO for some legit reason, like in the playoffs (although that will not likely happen soon in any sport). We owe them NOTHING, and they are the only ones that gain from us playing them.

I think the basketball program DOES have something to gain--fans. We have a young, entertaining basketball team that will have the opportunity to play in front of a bunch of potential new fans. I'm hoping that some of them will like what they see and decide to come back for more.

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I think the basketball program DOES have something to gain--fans. We have a young, entertaining basketball team that will have the opportunity to play in front of a bunch of potential new fans. I'm hoping that some of them will like what they see and decide to come back for more.

I guess I can't really disagree with that, Kerm. Maybe that is one of the subconscious reasons I don't go to BB games. Bison FB occupies way to much of my time the way it is, and my hunch is that I would get pretty excited about Bison BB as well. I do follow BB in the paper and when on TV, but going to games would ultimately lead to a divorce.

Hammersmith
12-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I thought it was ESPN2? I'm not sure if we'll be there at 11, but might try to stop in a little earlier to catch the end of it.

Tonight
7pm: UNH/Delaware, ESPN2/ESPN2HD

Tomorrow
11am: ASU/Nova, ESPN/ESPNHD
1pm: GSU/Wofford, MASC/ESPNGP/ESPN3/Local in SC & GA
2:30pm: NDSU/EWU, NDNBC/Altitude-Alt/ESPNGP/ESPN3

Kermit
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I guess I can't really disagree with that, Kerm. Maybe that is one of the subconscious reasons I don't go to BB games. Bison FB occupies way to much of my time the way it is, and my hunch is that I would get pretty excited about Bison BB as well. I do follow BB in the paper and when on TV, but going to games would ultimately lead to a divorce.

Also, remember that NDSU is still trying to woo more donors for the BSA renovation/SHAC project. Playing a game in front of 10,000 people can't hurt the cause.

MNLonghorn10
12-10-2010, 05:49 PM

ill be there..but probably wont be until after noon.

citing: hungover from previous night

56BISON73
12-10-2010, 06:16 PM

Lakes
ALL of NDSUs fall sports qualified for the post season. No other school in FCS accomplished this feat. Are the Bison fans supposed to ignore them as well?
You need to lighten up. NOBODY is taking anything away from the football team. There is alot of great things happening within the Bison Nation. Whats not to like---The Bison FB team playing in the playoffs and then after the game many get to go and be part of 10,000 fans at the BB game against our arch rival. Its doesnt get much better than that for a weekend.

56BISON73
12-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Phillips said he has received more comments from alumni and fans for this game “than any other single game I’ve been involved with.”

Saul. I CALL BULL$. you're telling me that NCAA TOURNEY vs KANSAS at the FREAKIN METRODOME WASNT??

UN BELEIVEABLE THE SPIN ON THIS STUPID GAME> you are poopin on woody's grave with that comment. W O W !

im gonna have to call Nicole.

That fact is Saul actually GETS it. At TeamMakers yesterday he was his normal jovial self. When he changed the subject to UND he got serious and his whle demeanor changed. He said he couldnt believe the number of phone calls and text messages he has received in regards to this game. Even casual conversation with fans turns in to UND at the end.
He gets it. Only a small minority dont.

lakesbison
12-10-2010, 06:24 PM
only a small minority ACTUALLY cares about TRUE D1 and BIG TIME sports.

I hear ya.

5600 paid
2200 given away
2200 students

=10000

Facts
12-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Let me tell you from experience... you'd thoroughly enjoy yourself. This is coming from someone who grew up playing hockey.

Take your wife with you. Me and mine have a great time.

56BISON73
12-10-2010, 06:38 PM
only a small minority ACTUALLY cares about TRUE D1 and BIG TIME sports.

I hear ya.

5600 paid
2200 given away
2200 students

=10000

Question??
Why do you continually PUT DOWN NDSU and its fans every turn? Then almost in the same breath you want to be embraced by them?
Geeez.

lakesbison
12-10-2010, 06:39 PM
ahhh PL. just this game only. sorry. see ya in cheney.

CAS4127
12-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Let me tell you from experience... you'd thoroughly enjoy yourself. This is coming from someone who grew up playing hockey.

Take your wife with you. Me and mine have a great time.

I know I would enjoy it, and actually do plan on going to some games this year, just can't make this one. Thanks for the input.

tjbison
12-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm not understanding the beating down of the people who can't make the trip to EWU, and being they cannot make the FB game choose to go and Support the Mens BBall team?? I for one would love to be in Cheney but I just can't swing it after Bozeman last week, Kudos to those that are going but don't bash those (us) that cannot as we will still be cheering on the teams!!

EndZoneQB
12-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I know I would enjoy it, and actually do plan on going to some games this year, just can't make this one. Thanks for the input.

I'll be honest, I used your logic for not really getting into NDSU bball. I spend so much time/money on football/tailgating, that it's nice to have a season off :)

TransAmBison
12-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I'll be honest, I used your logic for not really getting into NDSU bball. I spend so much time/money on football/tailgating, that it's nice to have a season off :)
Bison bball is good to go to if you don't compare it to football. You don't have to make it to every game, no tailgating...just a fun way to spend a couple hours. Haven't been to a game since my kids were born...and tonight we will go to our first game. Hopefully it is a way to get them used to going to sporting events so they are ready by the fall!

Grizzled
12-11-2010, 12:49 PM
THIS IS BS!!

Man lakes I forgot all about this game today. Thanks for mentioning it again. I think I will go buy tickets so I can go. I love your enthusiasm for all things UND.

rutlandbison
12-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Bison bball is good to go to if you don't compare it to football. You don't have to make it to every game, no tailgating...just a fun way to spend a couple hours. Haven't been to a game since my kids were born...and tonight we will go to our first game. Hopefully it is a way to get them used to going to sporting events so they are ready by the fall!
Or it's fun because you enjoy watching basketball??

Wally
12-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I 35! I 35! I 35!

im surprised we didnt get our asses kicked, husker folk are kind people i guess

Just ask them, they won't shy away from telling you how kind and great they are:D