PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch the game?

MN_BISON
12-07-2010, 06:04 PM
OK Bisonville, we've got a group coming to town on Saturday for this basketball thingy at the dome, so we need to a place to go watch the Bison EWU game. BWW north and south are the first that come to mind and I've been reading about the Gastropub in south Fargo. So if we decide to go to BWW, how early does one need to get there to get a table for 10+. Also if we decide to go elsewhere is there a shuttle service in town with vans, got a feeling everyone will be pretty well juiced and the drive from south Fargo or anywhere besides BWW might not be a good idea. Any other ideas are welcome, thanks. Any bars provide transportation to and from the game? Not a bad idea if you're a bar owner. I know, don't drink so much, well I'm not coming to Fargo to read books.;)

GRAFTONBISON
12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
OK Bisonville, we've got a group coming to town on Saturday for this basketball thingy at the dome, so we need to a place to go watch the Bison EWU game. BWW north and south are the first that come to mind and I've been reading about the Gastropub in south Fargo. So if we decide to go to BWW, how early does one need to get there to get a table for 10+. Also if we decide to go elsewhere is there a shuttle service in town with vans, got a feeling everyone will be pretty well juiced and the drive from south Fargo or anywhere besides BWW might not be a good idea. Any other ideas are welcome, thanks. Any bars provide transportation to and from the game? Not a bad idea if you're a bar owner. I know, don't drink so much, well I'm not coming to Fargo to read books.;)

Beat me to the punch. Reps to you:)

CivilBison96
12-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Last week I watched at BWW North and got there around 12:35 for the 1:05 kickoff and there were plenty of open tables at that time. The mad rush started about 12:50 or so and then it filled up pretty quickly.

On_the_road
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM
In my experience a person needs to be at BWW at least 2 and a half hours in advance of a Bison game if you have a group that large. That is with the team at home. I doubt if you would need to be there that early with the game out of town and televised.

HandoEX
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM
BWW north is great and walking distance to the dome. Usually very busy for games.

Labby's is where the UND bus is taking their fans to pregame so we could pack that place so the Whiox fans are screwed.

Gastropub is really, really nice and HUGE. Plus, they pipe in sound for the game (although it's not great, the others don't from my experiences).

GRAFTONBISON
12-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Last week I watched at BWW North and got there around 12:35 for the 1:05 kickoff and there were plenty of open tables at that time. The mad rush started about 12:50 or so and then it filled up pretty quickly.

Did they have the sound on for last week's game?

CAS4127
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Did they have the sound on for last week's game?

Yes, but like any place, there is a lot of background noise (think talking) so fairly difficult to hear. Bring headphone radio set and listen to game on radio and watch on TV--that's my plan for this weekend.

Ferd
12-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I am surprised that NDSU or the Fargodome hasn't lined up some sort of viewing. Of course neither would have beer but other concessions might do OK.

How about the BSA?????

CivilBison96
12-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Yes, but like any place, there is a lot of background noise (think talking) so fairly difficult to hear. Bring headphone radio set and listen to game on radio and watch on TV--that's my plan for this weekend.

+1
There was sound but it was very difficult to hear if there was any action going on.

EndZoneQB
12-07-2010, 07:52 PM

They have minivans at some of the local cab places. You have to request one usually, but since it'll be early in the day, shouldn't be an issue. Just need more than one obviously.

I suggest the Gastropub. I'm not sure about this week, but they had free pizza and wings on Saturday and their food is fantastic. Had ALL of the TV's in the place to the game, and the volumes turned up, we could hear everything. Was a decent turn out, but I'd like to see it packed this week! We didn't have to get there early as the place is HUGE!

aces1180
12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
They have minivans at some of the local cab places. You have to request one usually, but since it'll be early in the day, shouldn't be an issue. Just need more than one obviously.

I suggest the Gastropub. I'm not sure about this week, but they had free pizza and wings on Saturday and their food is fantastic. Had ALL of the TV's in the place to the game, and the volumes turned up, we could hear everything. Was a decent turn out, but I'd like to see it packed this week! We didn't have to get there early as the place is HUGE!

Any drink specials?

UTH
12-07-2010, 08:04 PM
How about Bismarck options? I have a prior engagement that'll go up to about 2:30 in south Bismarck. Sports Page, anyone????

aces1180
12-07-2010, 08:07 PM
How about Bismarck options? I have a prior engagement that'll go up to about 2:30 in south Bismarck. Sports Page, anyone????

According to my parents, BWW, The Stadium and Elbow Room, in addition to Sports Page, have all been known to show the games.

Gastropub
12-07-2010, 08:23 PM

We will put out pizza & wings again.

Also, we'll try to pump the sound through our sound system. That'll be better than just turning up the TVs.

aces1180
12-07-2010, 08:24 PM
We will put out pizza & wings again.

Also, we'll try to pump the sound through our sound system. That'll be better than just turning up the TVs.

Awesome...Any drink specials?

EndZoneQB
12-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Any drink specials?

Sure, order a drink and get free food :) In all honesty tho, I had a lot of fun for $30 on Saturday. I was there from 12pm until 9ish? Prices are about average, but they have a TON of different beers on tap. Great hospitality too.

aces1180
12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Sure, order a drink and get free food :) In all honesty tho, I had a lot of fun for $30 on Saturday. I was there from 12pm until 9ish? Prices are about average, but they have a TON of different beers on tap. Great hospitality too.

Sounds good...Plus, it would be easy for people to share cabs to the Dome!

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Sounds good...Plus, it would be easy for people to share cabs to the Dome!

good thinkin.

I'll be in the 69 jersey..ezqb will be in the 3 jersey. Probably the loudest ones there

aces1180
12-07-2010, 08:50 PM
good thinkin.

I'll be in the 69 jersey..ezqb will be in the 3 jersey. Probably the loudest ones there

I'll be in my #11 green Nike authentic!

GRAFTONBISON
12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Our group of 4 has decided on the Gastropub now. We are hoping to hear the game without many problems. Hope to meet some of you there and cheer the Bison onto a victory.:nod:

TransAmBison
12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I'll be in my #11 green Nike authentic!
You guys sound like a bunch of women getting introduced on the red carpet...letting people know what you are wearing blah, blah, blah. Homos.:D

aces1180
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of women getting introduced on the red carpet...letting people know what you are wearing blah, blah, blah. Homos.:D

This coming from the guy who wears a fur coat 24/7...I wouldn't be surprised if you showed up in US Weekly's "Fashion Disasters." Douche:bow: :bow: :D

TransAmBison
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
This coming from the guy who wears a fur coat 24/7...I wouldn't be surprised if you showed up in US Weekly's "Fashion Disasters." Douche:bow: :bow: :D
:rofl: Well played. :rofl:

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2010, 09:25 PM

coming from the married guy.

wait wut?