PDA

View Full Version : Just as I thought.....

GrizBison
12-06-2010, 06:05 PM
1. As a I predicted last week in my post on the game analysis for the Bison....win the turnover battle +2, play excellent sound defense/contain QB, get guys like Sigers the ball creatively, and keep running the ball north/south against a suspect defense...way to execute coaches/players. (Thank you to the fellow bisonville clan for the phone call and the "Poooooorrrr Bobcaaaats" chant....much appreciated). I'm predicting there will be many Bison/Cats/Griz etc. playoffs in the future with how they try to get regional matchups until semis. With the Bison recruiting potential (all of MN, WI, ILL, SD, ND, NE - there is no one after the Big Ten schools to compete against), facilities/stadium, fan base, money,....the Bison should/will/are turning in to a FCS powerhouse every year.

2. For one of the last teams in...Bison got one of the best draws...a weak 30 scholly RM team (as that conference has no business with an auto bid for the play-in game), and an MSU team with no playoff winning tradition since 84 (the worst Griz team in 25 years rushed for 300 yards against them) and an EWU that isn't used to being in this position as well....they are nothing special and aren't the #1 team in the nation. They have a very good RB and MLB, but nothing the Bison haven't seen before.

3. Bison are built for playoffs. Don't fool yourself, the top CAA teams and App State are the top teams in the field....but the Bison match up well with many of the CAA teams with the defense/run the ball physical mentality. When the team I played on won it, we weren't a top 5 seed.....that doesn't matter....it gets down to matchups...thats it.

3. Bison are going to walk into the semi's as I thought......if somehow Villanova can beat App St so they come here for that semi game......Bison match up well with Villanova.....your talking NC game boys....anything can happen....I've seen it before!

ndsubison1
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Would we get the home game if we were to play Nova?

ndbj52
12-06-2010, 06:16 PM

I'm not for sure on this, but looking online at there seating chart it looks like the dome could seat more people therefore making more money. Our bid would probably be bigger than theirs so we could get a home game if they win

ndbj52
12-06-2010, 06:17 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/nova/graphics/nova-footbl-tix-seatmap.gif

here is the link to there seating chart

MNLonghorn10
12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
i thought i read on here that the bids are locked before in place before the very first round?

1bizon1
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
I, for one, am not going to look beyond EWU. But the accolades sure are appreciated GrizBizon! Let's Go Bizon clap! clap! clapclapclap!!!

ndbj52
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
i thought i read on here that the bids are locked before in place before the very first round?

Even if they are locked before then ours should have been big enough to beat whatever theirs was

JSUBison
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Villanova's stadium capacity is 12,500. Not sure what they average.

NDSUstudent
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Nova has the worst fanbase in the FCS, they have a great team but their fans just don't show up. Last year they had 4,171 fans pack their stadium to a play conference rival in the FCS semifinals. We would definitely host them.

MNLonghorn10
12-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Nova has the worst fanbase in the FCS, they have a great team but their fans just don't show up. Last year they had 4,171 fans pack their stadium to a play conference rival in the FCS semifinals. We would definitely host them.

well to be fair, they are a big east basketball school and im sure that dominates. kind of like und-hockey/football(if they were good)

344Johnson
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I speak for 90% of Americans who say they'd rather check out a big east basketball game than some WCHA(overrated conference,east coast teams much better) garbage.

perthbison
12-07-2010, 05:01 AM

I believe you're right. Before the game, a fellow from the AD said the bid was already sent in in the case of NE Mouzori would have won.

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2010, 05:02 AM
I speak for 90% of Americans who say they'd rather check out a big east basketball game than some WCHA(overrated conference,east coast teams much better) garbage.

well yeah. im talking level of care

56BISON73
12-07-2010, 05:03 AM

Correct. All bids were placed before the first round.

NDSUstudent
12-07-2010, 05:10 AM
I'm glad Gene understood the bidding process. GSU screwed up and only sent in a bids for the first and second rounds and thought the bidding for other games happened later on. If GSU had sent a bid in, they'd likely be hosting Wofford.

http://gadaily.com/index.php/sports/39-local-sports/2320-ncaa-georgia-southern-missed-deadline-for-quarterfinals-bid

ndsubison1
12-07-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm glad Gene understood the bidding process. GSU screwed up and only sent in a bids for the first and second rounds and thought the bidding for other games happened later on. If GSU had sent a bid in, they'd likely be hosting Wofford.

http://gadaily.com/index.php/sports/39-local-sports/2320-ncaa-georgia-southern-missed-deadline-for-quarterfinals-bid

How the hell does Georgia Southern of all schools screw up? They should have understood this process

go_bison
12-07-2010, 06:24 AM

Wow. Probably going to be an AD position open at GSU real soon.

Can you imagine if Gene did that ? Don't even want to think about :(
Thanks Gene for being on top of it ! :)

gt_bison
12-07-2010, 03:03 PM
The Georgia Southern AD is a complete moron. Since Paul Johnson was hired at Georgia Tech, we've got a lot of GSU fans on the GT board, and they were infuriated when it came out their AD messed this up. The fans hate the guy with passion.

CAS4127
12-07-2010, 03:07 PM
How do we know whether GT put in bids for the later playoff rounds, or are people just assuming? Although I hope we find out if he did or not!

CivilBison96
12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
How do we know whether GT put in bids for the later playoff rounds, or are people just assuming? Although I hope we find out if he did or not!

Since to my understanding there is no forfeiture of a "bond" to bid for all rounds it costs you nothing other than the time to complete the required paperwork I would hope that in our first opportunity at this level we would be very through in our bidding. I think it is the fact that it costs nothing but time is what frustrates the GSU fans as that shows a pattern of lazyness, if you can't take the TIME to insure that your team is given every opportunity to succeed what else are you cutting corners on?

CAS4127
12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Since to my understanding there is no forfeiture of a "bond" to bid for all rounds it costs you nothing other than the time to complete the required paperwork I would hope that in our first opportunity at this level we would be very through in our bidding. I think it is the fact that it costs nothing but time is what frustrates the GSU fans as that shows a pattern of lazyness, if you can't take the TIME to insure that your team is given every opportunity to succeed what else are you cutting corners on?

I understand there would be no "bond forfeiture", but, nonetheless, do we anyone know for sure GT did so? Probably putting the cart way ahead of the horses and starting to sound like Gabe:D , but just curious.

EmeraldCityBison
12-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Villanova averaged 8,500 per game this year which included games against James Madison, Richmond, and New Hampshire.

http://www.caasports.com//pdf8/726005.pdf?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500

90BISON
12-07-2010, 06:25 PM
After reading the GSU fan comments, it sounds to me like this is nothing new there......wow! Sounds to me like they tried to take the easy way out in the paperwork department & made some assumptions about the way they submitted their bid......and were wrong! Like someone else said, GSU of all schools should know better.... :hide:

Herd Mentality
12-07-2010, 06:30 PM
I would love to meet Nova just to possibly end up with a BBall game later on after the AD's get some face time. (Kind of like the opposite happening with KU)

HandoEX
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM

Serves that bastards right for screwing us over and backing out of our game next year!

devin45k
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Ill take it one game at a time.

90BISON
12-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Serves that bastards right for screwing us over and backing out of our game next year!

Karma's a bitch! :D