PDA

View Full Version : This will give you nightmares NDSU

Great day to be an Eagle
12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVJ82hmT8g

No_Skill
12-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Tell me about it...I hate the Foo Fighters.

ewuranger
12-05-2010, 11:19 PM
This one's just highlights from this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCIN6EWoPBo

Any good video out there that we can check out on any special Bison players?

No_Skill
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM

We don't have any special players.

Oh yeah...I forgot the winky ;)

HooliganBison
12-05-2010, 11:22 PM
We don't have any special players.

We have a HERD!!

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
He looks fast, but not that shifty..maybe has one move before he really gets going. He is a long strider so he isn't too stable at high speed cuts...I saw him stumble quite a bit once he was in the open field due to trying to make a move. If we can wrap up, I like our chances. He does have some speed tho...or the BigSky is filled with slow defenses ;) jk.

No_Skill
12-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah, that was the biggest single collection of missed arm tackles I've ever seen.

Great day to be an Eagle
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Those aren't all Big Sky defenses - that's against Cal and Nevada in there. And he's shifty. He can turn 5 yard losses into 4 yard games like nothing I've ever seen.

ewuranger
12-05-2010, 11:40 PM
He looks fast, but not that shifty

:rofl: :uhyeah:

Bisonguy
12-05-2010, 11:40 PM
This is all I have for highlights- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORabTSOnCMs

However, I think we have better moves than what I saw in those EWU highlights.

Thundering Herd
12-05-2010, 11:41 PM
I doubt it'll give me nightmares, but i may have just pooped a little bit. Wow, is he good! Or, it's just that you play in the Big Fluffy conference where missed tackles are commonplace... He's no better than Tyler Roehl, Pat Paschall, DJ McNorton,... come back when you have something better than that! please... :banghead:

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
holy god your conference sucks at tackling.

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnCmVAuv14

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Those aren't all Big Sky defenses - that's against Cal and Nevada in there. And he's shifty. He can turn 5 yard losses into 4 yard games like nothing I've ever seen.

He's got one move and like I said it's before he ever gets moving. He's a long strider, his knees/feet are weird in short distances. Not trying to discredit what he's done, just saw that most of those runs were because of poor tackling. Sure, he had a few that were just speed turning the corner, but a lot of times there were multiple missed tackles. We will be the best disciplined defense you have faced this year...we flow to the ball and gang tackle. Plus, we will pop you in the chin until you no longer want to get up.

HooliganBison
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Highlights (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=593753655986&oid=7791099531&comments&ref=mf)

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypkhMszfGMw&feature=related

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205030669&DB_OEM_ID=2400

stevdock
12-05-2010, 11:59 PM

I like our chances if he can turn losses into 4 yard GAMES. What is that like .01 yards per carry??

DjKyRo
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
MSU thought they'd be explosive on offense too. Ready for Saturday.

skolbrother
12-06-2010, 12:03 AM
This thread gives me deja vu... hmmm............Oh yeah Montana State fans telling us about their "special" QB.

WRSDBison
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
For EWU fans eyes only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okqEVeNqBhc

EndZoneQB
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
http://www.gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=2400&id=737534&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=11850&SPID=695&BIO_PLAYER_ID=&DB_OEM_ID=2400

TateMosersneighbor
12-06-2010, 12:58 AM

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPID=695&SPSID=11845

We'll be ok. He might fumble when we hit him with some big farm kid from Argyle or Cavalier or Snowdrift, SD.

Should be a good game.

mdk23
12-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I think we could probably put together a pretty sweet highlight vid of DJ from the Montana St. game ALONE!!!! We'll see Saturday which RB shines brighter. Should be a great game, can't wait!!!

WRSDBison
12-06-2010, 01:15 AM
I think we could probably put together a pretty sweet highlight vid of DJ from the Montana St. game ALONE!!!! We'll see Saturday which RB shines brighter. Should be a great game, can't wait!!!

We could also make a defensive highlight reel from the SDSU game ALONE

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
This will give you nightmares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp8OZC527_s

Just picture the grass to be red then...
;)

tjbison
This thread gives me deja vu... hmmm............Oh yeah Montana State fans telling us about their "special" QB.

Their QB was special, had Boyer and Gratzek rape him all day and still could walk (barely)

Oh yeah, if EWU's D is anything remotly close to MSU's this game will have the same outcome as yesterday! DJ and Sigers were just flat out faster than ANYONE on MSU's D.

mdk23
12-06-2010, 01:55 AM
This seems like more of a nightmare to you guys....

kalm
12-06-2010, 03:32 AM
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPID=695&SPSID=11845

We'll be ok. He might fumble when we hit him with some big farm kid from Argyle or Cavalier or Snowdrift, SD.

Should be a good game.

Shit, you guys got farm boys in ND? We are so screwed as we just have latte drinkers, grunge rockers, and microsoft employees. :D

Swaghook
12-06-2010, 03:35 AM
microsoft employees. :D Wow what a coincidence so do we.

rutlandbison
12-06-2010, 03:36 AM
After watching all these highlight videos I just gotta say this.

FUCK WE'RE GONNA BE GOOD!!!

BisonEngrGirl
12-06-2010, 03:49 AM

Have you seen our defense? I think MSU is STILL having nightmares after our d-line completely shut them down on Saturday. I'm not denying the guy is good. It will be a great game when the EWU running game meets the Bison defense.

HerdBot
12-06-2010, 06:05 AM

Clearly you guys like to run him outside a lot. Almost all the long runs were on outside runs. He's got great straight line speed and a threat in the open field. I did see a ton of missed tackles on the long runs. Our defense is designed to not give up big plays. We haven't given up a run over 30 yards since October. He's never seen a defense as good as ours and we haven't missed that many tackles all season.

lakesbison
12-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Great day for you to lose eagles. Really??? Are u serious???? Hahaha

ewuranger
12-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Clearly you guys like to run him outside a lot. Almost all the long runs were on outside runs. He's got great straight line speed and a threat in the open field. I did see a ton of missed tackles on the long runs. Our defense is designed to not give up big plays. We haven't given up a run over 30 yards since October. He's never seen a defense as good as ours and we haven't missed that many tackles all season.

Nevada's defense is probably comparable to NDSU's, if not better.

bisonbills
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I won't deny he's good, but come on........ My son's 6th grade team didn't miss that many tackles..... No doubt he's fast in space though.

BisonCardinal
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Hmmm. That's funny, I slept like a baby last night. I did have a dream where our D-line kept hugging and squeezing and calling him George, though!

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2010, 01:06 PM
WTF......the EWU guys think they are gonna walk all over the HERD?!?! The Bobcats.....and their legendary QB (whom no one has touched all year) we nothing short GANG RAPED during that game. The Eagles better get ready to end their playoff run.:bow:

Facts
12-06-2010, 01:13 PM

Talk about nightmares... Imagine if his first name was "China". :eeek:

tony
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I had a nightmare alright - last night I dreamt that NDSU defenders were trying to arm tackle Taiwan Jones.

Jones is fast and has deceptive moves and is hard to bring down. Reminds me of Paschall. Guys better wrap up.

1bizon1
12-06-2010, 02:41 PM
EWURanger is slowly turning into a b*ttranger. On their site he is saying there are a bunch of "annoying fans" here. He should know as he appears to be the "King of Annoying Fans." No problem with pride in your team but to spew crap and then call the same in return "annoying"....well....enuf said!

MNLonghorn10
12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
EWURanger is slowly turning into a b*ttranger. On their site he is saying there are a bunch of "annoying fans" here. He should know as he appears to be the "King of Annoying Fans." No problem with pride in your team but to spew crap and then call the same in return "annoying"....well....enuf said!

glad I wasn't the only one who read that. There's a couple ewu fans here that are dipshots.

we got called trolls on a bisonville site...and annoying on a bisonville site... It's like the hell...did they just get internet in cheney?

go F yourselves you turds.

HerdBot
12-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Nevada's defense is probably comparable to NDSU's, if not better.

I don't dispute Nevada has a great defense but they have given up a ton of big plays all year long against various levels of competition.

ewuranger
12-06-2010, 04:46 PM
EWURanger is slowly turning into a b*ttranger. On their site he is saying there are a bunch of "annoying fans" here.

Not that it matters much, but let me defend myself real quick:

I wasn't saying that the NDSU posters that frequent Bisonville are these "annoying fans" that I speak of, per say. I can pull up the thread if you like. The comment was more in reference to what I have observed the past few years on the various boards since NDSU's move to FCS. Some of your fans on CSD don't do you any favors in that regard.

Secondly, I think most EWU and Big Sky fans know of NDSU's storied tradition in Division II. We know that you have good fans, etc. and what appears to be a good team this year. However, what I think most people take offense to is a certain unfounded arrogance that seems to permeate within the ranks of some of the NDSU faithful. By reading many of these threads, it would appear that NDSU already has the NC wrapped up. Many of you also like to talk a lot of smack about the Montana win back in (2001?) as well, but I won't begrudge you that one too much.

Additionally, the constant digs on the Big Sky RE: "Big Fluffy" just spells sour grapes to most Big Sky folks. Most of us wanted NDSU and SDSU in the Big Sky. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but the Dakotas have moved on and done well for themselves within the MVFC. Whether you're willing to admit it or not, the Big Sky is a great conference with a rich tradition within Division I and the FCS.

If having a different perception on how this game is going to turn out makes me annoying, oh well. I don't think I've really said anything on this site that has been outlandish, but if anything has been taken that way, well than I'm sorry for that. You expect your team to win, the same as I expect mine to.

In conclusion, don't expect respect when none is given. Yeah, we play on red turf in a smallish stadium with marginal fan support. That aside, I think you'll find we have a pretty good football program. There aren't too many programs that have made the playoffs 5 of the last 7 years. EWU is slowly building a program. The most important component of that is winning, which we have done. The second component is facilities, an area where we have a lot of room for improvement in. This year was the red turf, there's more plans in the work for next year or the year after. It's going to take time, but I think it won't be long before EWU is in a position where they're NC contenders every year, not just every few.

All the ranting aside, for the NDSU faithful that are making this trip - safe journeys and let's hope for a great, injury free game.

Facts
12-06-2010, 04:50 PM

I wasn't saying that the NDSU posters that frequent Bisonville are these "annoying fans" that I speak of, per say. I can pull up the thread if you like. The comment was more in reference to what I have observed the past few years on the various boards since NDSU's move to FCS. Some of your fans on CSD don't do you any favors in that regard.

Secondly, I think most EWU and Big Sky fans know of NDSU's storied tradition in Division II. We know that you have good fans, etc. and what appears to be a good team this year. However, what I think most people take offense to is a certain unfounded arrogance that seems to permeate within the ranks of some of the NDSU faithful. By reading many of these threads. it would appear that NDSU already has the NC wrapped up. Many of you also like to talk a lot of smack about the Montana win back in (2001?) as well, but I won't begrudge you that one too much.

Additionally, the constant digs on the Big Sky RE: "Big Fluffy" just spells sour grapes to most Big Sky folks. Most of us wanted NDSU and SDSU in the Big Sky. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but the Dakotas have moved on and done well for themselves within the MVFC. Whether you're willing to admit it or not, the Big Sky is a great conference with a rich tradition within Division I and the FCS.

If having different a different perception on how this game is going to turn out makes me annoying, oh well. I don't think I've really said anything on this site that has been outlandish, but if anything has been taken that way, well than I'm sorry for that. You expect your team to win, the same as I expect mine to as well.

In conclusion, don't expect respect when none is given. Yeah, we play on red turf in a smallish stadium with marginal fan support. That aside, I think you'll find we have a pretty good football program. There aren't too many programs that have made the playoffs 5 of the last 7 years. EWU is slowly building a program. The most important component of that is winning, which we have done. The second component is facilities, an area where we have a lot of room for improvement in. This year was the red turf, there's more plans in the work for next year or the year after. It's going to take time, but I think it won't be long before EWU is in a position where they're NC contenders every year, not just every few.

All the ranting aside, for the NDSU faithful that are making this trip - safe journeys and let's hope for a great, injury free game.

Solid post. Whatdoya say BVer's? I think we can be friends with him... awww shucks... Gimme a hug rangerbob.

CAS4127
12-06-2010, 04:54 PM

Secondly, I think most EWU and Big Sky fans know of NDSU's storied tradition in Division II. We know that you have good fans, etc. and what appears to be a good team this year. However, what I think most people take offense to is a certain unfounded arrogance that seems to permeate within the ranks of some of the NDSU faithful. By reading many of these threads. it would appear that NDSU already has the NC wrapped up. Many of you also like to talk a lot of smack about the Montana win back in (2001?) as well, but I won't begrudge you that one too much.

If having different a different perception on how this game is going to turn out makes me annoying, oh well. I don't think I've really said anything on this site that has been outlandish, but if anything has been taken that way, well than I'm sorry for that. You expect your team to win, the same as I expect mine to as well.

If any here or elsewhere are taking EWU for granted, that is and would be a huge mistake. The example I will give is MSU, as I think their team took us for granted to an extent, and that was a mistake. My be is that they were very concerned at half when the score was tied and they had done very little effectively on offense. EWU will be a huge game for us, and there is a reason they were ranked #1 in the polls. I am actually much more concerned about this game tha I was MSU, and I honestly thought we were going to lose that one. I just hope and pray we do not have a let down. If we don't this will be a very good game, and either team could win without it being an "upset"

HerdBot
12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Solid post. Whatdoya say BVer's? I think we can be friends with him... awww shucks... Gimme a hug rangerbob.

Nobody is dumping on the program at all. We're confident. Not cocky. When your in the final 8 you have a legit shot at the Championship. Most of us would NOT be shocked if we lose on Saturday. We would not be shocked if we win either. But we're coming to win the game and we are good enough to do it. I do know that the game will be close and very good. I predict a 3 point NDSU win against a very good Eastern Washington team. The MSU game was closer than the score was. The MSU win over Easten Washington was not your best game obviously. It will be a good game. We have high standards here.

CAS4127
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
EWU's red turf field is "Sprinturf, which, by chance and luck, is the exact same turf NDSU put on Dakota Field last year for us to practice on for outside away games where teams had turf fields--perfect!!

Screamin_Eagle174
12-06-2010, 06:29 PM

Secondly, I think most EWU and Big Sky fans know of NDSU's storied tradition in Division II. We know that you have good fans, etc. and what appears to be a good team this year. However, what I think most people take offense to is a certain unfounded arrogance that seems to permeate within the ranks of some of the NDSU faithful. By reading many of these threads, it would appear that NDSU already has the NC wrapped up. Many of you also like to talk a lot of smack about the Montana win back in (2001?) as well, but I won't begrudge you that one too much.

If having a different perception on how this game is going to turn out makes me annoying, oh well. I don't think I've really said anything on this site that has been outlandish, but if anything has been taken that way, well than I'm sorry for that. You expect your team to win, the same as I expect mine to.

Well said Ranger. :nod:

If I were more patient, understanding, and eloquent in my communication, perhaps I wouldn't be so disliked on this forum.

But I'm not, and I love stirring the pot, so :p

GO EAGLES!!!

Scooter1
12-06-2010, 07:41 PM

I can definately state that I am not afraid of any back that came turn a 5 yard loss into a four yard game.:D

skolbrother
12-06-2010, 08:13 PM

Great post! I respect EWU and all your points above! I think people are far too sensitive about their teams, facilities and cities. (Bison included)

That is again why I think we were all so impressed by the Bobcat fans as they had fun with the banter but never took themselves or Bison fans too seriously.

NDSU has made an unbelievable transition to Division 1 in all sports and has a passionate fanbase for all sports regardless of what division we play in. While I am not one to disrespect teams mascots or conferences etc. most of the time it is banter. I think when other schools want to dismiss the tradition NDSU has built in D2 and continuing in D1 it leads to the stuff I hate on chat boards.

That said ... "our bad ass defense will make your overrated RB who played against crappy tackling defenders in the big puffy eat ugly red turf in front of an uninterested, unknowledgeable fan base in something called cheney washington."

GOEWU
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I just heard EWU will paint their field green in preperation for the game in Frisco...

*and don't flip me crap as I've been a member on this site longer than most.

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I just heard EWU will paint their field green in preperation for the game in Frisco...

Why would you do that????? so you can roll a TV out on your field and all watch it on your own field and feel like you are there.

CAS4127
12-06-2010, 08:31 PM

Perfect, as that will give us another game on a "regular" field as we continue deeper into the playoffs--thanks.

gotts
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM

I don't know about nightmares, but it gave me a mad case of explosive diarrhea*.

*That could have been the bad Chinese food I had for lunch, but who really knows?