PDA

View Full Version : Jose......Jose......Jose......Jose.....Jose

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2010, 01:34 PM
What more could you ask for from your back up that has come in repeatedly for the Bison this season. The Bison fans here in Bozeman could have not been more happy.

We streamed the Bison BB game for fans here at BWW-Bozeman for a large number of Bison fans. All during the evening as we were watching the BB game the fans would start singing, "Jose.....Jose.....Jose.....Jose" so loud that you could hear nothing else in the bar! Never before have I seen anything like that with anyother QB.

Damn......that Jose has more "try" in him than all of us put together. THAT kid has the heart of a BISON!

lakesbison
12-05-2010, 01:56 PM
That long run down the sidelines of. Jose is what sparked the explosion.
So happy for the kid.

Really cool to see.Jose and Brock together after the game.

Ps....the Crystal bar and its 400+ were lovin the Jose chant!!

BisonCardinal
12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Wyo, you are right on the money. When Brock got hurt again, I thought no big deal. Our backup has taken more snaps than our starter. I figured the team wouldn't miss a beat, unlike the collective "Ahhh crap" that must have been said by the MSU fans when McGhee went down.

It is nice to have two "seasoned" QB's. Also, Jose is learning more every game as evidenced by his slide after his big run. I am sure he probably had visions of the Illinois State debacle in the back of his head.

I am sure he made his mom very proud. The ESPN announcers said she made the trip from CA.

Go Jose!

TAILG8R
12-05-2010, 02:11 PM
He did a very good job of turning and handing the ball off.

After he threw that terrible interception right inot the hands of the Mt St defender he was 1 for 5 the rest of the game. It was obvious the coaching staff was not going to let our QB no moatter who it was lose the game for us. We completed a total of 5 passes all game and only attempted 5 in the 4th qtr.

lakesbison
12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Joses mother oowns a some coffee shop, and 4-5 of her close friends/customers surprised her with donating the Montana trip.

She was in tears during the entire 4th quarter, and to see her and Jose hug brought some tears to a few peoples eyes....really touching!!

tailg8 we won, way to be classy

aces1180
12-05-2010, 02:26 PM
When he came in, I told my wife it was an advantage to have a more than capable back-up...He managed the game well and made a great run that led to points. I'm glad he was able to come off the bench, cold, and be apart of the win.

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Wyo, you are right on the money. When Brock got hurt again, I thought no big deal. Our backup has taken more snaps than our starter. I figured the team wouldn't miss a beat, unlike the collective "Ahhh crap" that must have been said by the MSU fans when McGhee went down.

It is nice to have two "seasoned" QB's. Also, Jose is learning more every game as evidenced by his slide after his big run. I am sure he probably had visions of the Illinois State debacle in the back of his head.

I am sure he made his mom very proud. The ESPN announcers said she made the trip from CA.

Go Jose!

There is a picture of me with Mom on the Battlewagon thread;) :nod: :D ........

TAILG8R
12-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Joses mother oowns a some coffee shop, and 4-5 of her close friends/customers surprised her with donating the Montana trip.

She was in tears during the entire 4th quarter, and to see her and Jose hug brought some tears to a few peoples eyes....really touching!!

Somehow my post has anything to do with being classy??? What???

EDIT - And thanks for the neg rep Lakes with the Shut the Fuck Up comment. That just oozes class!

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/1204001114.jpg

lakesbison
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Joses 1st run...That’s probably the biggest play of the game,” said Montana State head coach Rob Ash. “There was nobody covering the quarterback. When you have full pressure like that, you can’t let anybody get outside like that.”

Tailg4-- u said all he did was hand off, pretty condescendin man...oh well, there is something special with him. 3-4 big wins were with him at qb.
Kansas too

A1pigskin
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Jose really showed leadership and heart. I'm really proud of Jose.

No_Skill
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM
He is still not my favorite QB, but you have to hand it to him, he is one hell of a team player.

Did you see the pictures in the Forum of him celebrating with Brock at the end of the game? Good stuff.

SUBISON247
12-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Jose hurt his shoulder on one of the plays and you could see him rotating it trying to get comfortable. I'm guessing this is why his passes were errant. His only mistake was the Brett Favresck pass when he hand a lot of green in front of him.

rutlandbison
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM

Lets tell you why people are saying these things lakes. Because you berate people after a win when Brock is starting saying "They had a beer with Brocks dad, that's why they want him to start." Look at you, how the hell do you know about this little coffee shop?? It seems like you have had some conversations with some people pretty close to Jose. Hmmmmm.

Bison"FANatic"
12-05-2010, 03:01 PM
He did a very good job of turning and handing the ball off.

After he threw that terrible interception right inot the hands of the Mt St defender he was 1 for 5 the rest of the game. It was obvious the coaching staff was not going to let our QB no moatter who it was lose the game for us. We completed a total of 5 passes all game and only attempted 5 in the 4th qtr.

I agree with you TailG8R. I am glad everything worked out but one run that our D coordinator told our O coordinator to put in because they had a hard time defending it the week before does not make us have a great back up QB. The QB's didn't win us the game but they also didn't lose us the game.

TAILG8R
12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I agree with you TailG8R. I am glad everything worked out but one run that our D coordinator told our O coordinator to put in because they had a hard time defending it the week before does not make us have a great back up QB. The QB's didn't win us the game but they also didn't lose us the game.

Correct I wasn't trying to be an ass or put down Jose. I was only pointing out the fact that the game plan was run run run and DJ and the gang were on top of their game.

lakesbison
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Ok tailgtr

Rutland, Brocks awesome as.well, your missing the point, we'll discuss it off the board.

Let's just keep winning, team effort, all.around!!

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
It is a TEAM sport folks.......and Jose is the epitomy of TEAM.

rutlandbison
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Ok tailgtr

Rutland, Brocks awesome as.well, your missing the point, we'll discuss it off the board.

Let's just keep winning, team effort, all.around!!
Ok, sounds good.

Gully
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM

Go Jose!

I thought he slipped down trying to cut back, not slide but I could be wrong. If he was trying to give himself up, all he had to do was step out of bounds.

tjbison
12-05-2010, 03:17 PM
We came we saw we concurred

lakesbison
Plus Joses mom crying and.hugging Jose while Brock walks up and hugs.them.both.made.us all tear up down on the field.
Classy amazing stuff shown by both of.these.kids

THAT'S BISON PRIDE.......every get to.ewu!!

Gully
That said, it was still a nice play call and a nice run. One of the key game changers IMO.

onbison09
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Jose hurt his shoulder on one of the plays and you could see him rotating it trying to get comfortable. I'm guessing this is why his passes were errant. His only mistake was the Brett Favresck pass when he hand a lot of green in front of him.

This. I'm sure that cost him. Hell he came in and did what he had to do. That bootleg pick was the only play to get mad at really.

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 04:57 PM

Dude, the best part? She sat next to the announcer on the plane! I heard it on the broadcast and they talked a little bit about her/him. It was pretty cool!

She's fun, I hope she had as much fun there as in Kansas!

JSUBison
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
He is still not my favorite QB, but you have to hand it to him, he is one hell of a team player.

Did you see the pictures in the Forum of him celebrating with Brock at the end of the game? Good stuff.

Yes, it just goes to show how this team has each others back. When one guy struggles or needs to be lifted up, the others answer the call. That's why I don't have "a guy" like some people here do. Jose, Brock, Dante, and Esley are all my guys.

HerdBot
12-05-2010, 06:47 PM

Go Jose!

We built our team around the running game and the QB is interchangable. Montana built their offense around one player.

IzzyFlexion
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/1204001114.jpg

I thought that was Kirsten Dunst in that picture with you.

herdmember
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Jose is one tough SOB. I think Brock's upside is greater and he even allows us to have a bigger playbook right now.

That being said, it's amazing how Jose is always the guy that we fall back on and you never hear of him complaining. After he was hurt at Missouri State and at Montana State, he found a way to gut it out and play.

Bison are lucky to have him on the roster.

perthbison
12-06-2010, 04:40 AM

Both the O & D Linemen were the biggest factors in our winning. The others of the team did their jobs well also but the standouts were our big linemen.:bow:

lakesbison
12-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Jose has won 5 big games, Kansas, Youngstown, Southern Illinois , SDSU, Montana State. This is a BIG BIG BIG game!

Jose is our GOOD LUCK CHARM!!

Start Jose, bring jensen in if things dont go right.

westnodak93bison
12-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Jose has won 5 big games, Kansas, Youngstown, Southern Illinois , SDSU, Montana State. This is a BIG BIG BIG game!

I appreciate Jose but he did not win anything himself. Teams win games not individuals.

WYOBISONMAN
12-09-2010, 12:26 PM
You have to say Jose has played a huge role in getting the Bison to where we are. The kid is a gamer and is always there to give 100%. I could ask no more of a Bison. I am proud of how Jose has represented my University.

unbison
12-09-2010, 12:53 PM
You have to say Jose has played a huge role in getting the Bison to where we are. The kid is a gamer and is always there to give 100%. I could ask no more of a Bison. I am proud of how Jose has represented my University.

He has done his best! However I think pl even said he couldn't hit the side of the world last Saturday!

NDSU1980
12-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I've been a big promoter of Jose for two seasons, so I'm not surprised by this. I will always wonder "what if" Jose had started way more games last year and a few more this year.

If I had the time though, I would go through some of the old threads to see how many bandwagon fans were screaming for Jose to get pulled during the regular season even when he won for us. (You know who you are).

I just love the way this kid keeps going, no matter what gets thrown at him.

aces1180
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM

I've been a big promoter of Jose for two seasons, so I'm not surprised by this. I will always wonder "what if" Jose had started way more games last year and a few more this year.

If I had the time though, I would go through some of the old threads to see how many bandwagon fans were screaming for Jose to get pulled during the regular season even when he won for us. (You know who you are).

I just love the way this kid keeps going, no matter what gets thrown at him.

I think both QBs have their strengths and weaknesses...My preference is for Jensen, as he seems to have more poise in the pocket...Regardless, it is great to have two viable options under center and I'll support either person.

I just don't care for people saying, "Jose (or Jensen for that matter) won us the games." The team wins games as a whole.

Bison"FANatic"
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I look at it this way. If this weekend EWU stacks the box and shuts down our running game who do I want trying to throw the ball and win the game for us in that situation. Brock has that every time for me. He has not been the most accurate but seems to have been more accurate down the field and have a stronger arm than Jose.

Now don't get me wrong Jose has done well for the Bison this year. I just don't see him all of the sudden getting his accuracy down and that might in part be due to the 2 shoulder injuries. I am very happy to have him as a more than serviceable backup that can step in if Brock gets hurt.

It sucks that there has to be "winners" and "losers" in position battles but that is the way it is and I have to hitch my horse to Brock and let him get it done.

bisonhp330
12-09-2010, 02:06 PM
quote=lakesbison;449042]Jose has won 5 big games, Kansas, Youngstown, Southern Illinois , SDSU, Montana State. This is a BIG BIG BIG game!

Start Jose, bring jensen in if things dont go right.[/quote]

its about the TEAM you say......and then you post this. Is there something on settings where you can just block one persons posts so you dont have to see them? an....anti-lakes filter?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2j0e0cg.jpg

tcbison
12-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I really don't care who the QB is. I love that fact that both have had some success. Lets be honest, NDSU's strengths this year has been the defense and running the ball. Ideally, the QB doesn't turnover the football and makes enough plays to get points on the board and let the defense do its thing. The INT last week by Jose was a very poor decision. We can't have plays like that from our QB.

Also, I think it is pretty silly to say things like Jose won the Kansas game. It was a team effort beating Kansas with the defense and special teams leading the way.

bisonbills
12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I have not been impressed with Jose's play all year. I've pulled out hair at times because of some of the things he has or has not done. With that said, I couldn't be more impressed with the resiliency of this kid. From off the field issues last year, to a qb battle this spring and injury during the year, he has stepped up like a man and assumed his role. Winning is the bottom line with him. Period. Whatever it takes. He is a champion in my book.

Superfan
12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I really think Jose plays better off of the bench. It seems to me that the times he's come in when Brock's gone down he's been more poised in the pocket and all around played a better game. Just my .02

bisoneer
12-11-2010, 03:16 AM
He is a perfect example of having a great heart and a will to win... Keep up the good work Jose....Jose....Jose!!!

El_Chapo
10-30-2019, 06:38 PM
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4746523-Bison-flashback-Mohler-comes-off-bench-to-lead-NDSU-to-dramatic-road-victory-against-Youngstown-State#.XbnO8UG-E90.twitter

JOSE WAS THE MAN!!

westnodak93bison
10-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Did he ever start at Central Warshington?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

G_Funky
10-30-2019, 06:48 PM
Mike Sigers was a special player.

WYOBISONMAN
10-30-2019, 07:17 PM
Darn near 10 years ago. How time flies!

SDbison
10-30-2019, 07:17 PM
Didn't Justin Howard eventually get kicked off the team?

southcliffbison
10-30-2019, 10:57 PM

Can't recall if he did or not, but I really like these trips down memory lane with the bumping of old treads..... Great Stuff !

El_Chapo
10-31-2019, 03:21 AM
well the article about Jose/Youngstown came out today. crazy to think about the roller coaster we went on the last 15 years

tjbison
10-31-2019, 12:57 PM

Yes, and Sigers didnt finish his career either if I recall correct

EC8CH
10-31-2019, 01:24 PM
This thread title is one letter off from being Stig's tax day chant.

56BISON73
10-31-2019, 04:50 PM
Yes, and Sigers didnt finish his career either if I recall correct

Correct........

westnodak93bison
10-31-2019, 09:54 PM
Correct........Didn't Sigers quit to be a rapper?

56BISON73
11-01-2019, 02:09 AM
Didn't Sigers quit to be a rapper?

Dont think he had a choice. Going to class wasnt his strong suit.

tolnabison
11-01-2019, 02:14 AM
Didn't Sigers quit to be a rapper?

Wasn't that the Okland kid? WR?

56BISON73
11-01-2019, 02:22 AM
Wasn't that the Okland kid? WR?

He just quit over something real stupid. I think he got called on the carpet for something and he said by. Its been awhile and have forgotten the details.

SlickVic
11-01-2019, 02:38 AM
What about the Jordan schultenover fiasco? Wasn't there arrests at the dome? Lmfao the good old days when Fargo pd had nothing better todo

El_Chapo
09-12-2020, 02:11 AM
Story of Jose Mohlers QB Training business

http://daygofootball.com/2020/09/11/the-story-of-left-coast-athletix-with-jose-mohler/

56BISON73
09-12-2020, 02:22 AM
Story of Jose Mohlers QB Training business

http://daygofootball.com/2020/09/11/the-story-of-left-coast-athletix-with-jose-mohler/

He takes donations?????

ThunderDan
09-12-2020, 04:10 PM
He takes donations?????

It was an article about his QB training biz...from another website.
So, no, he does not take donations, although if you wanted to send him one, I"m sure he wouldn't mind

El_Chapo
09-12-2020, 08:31 PM
It was an article about his QB training biz...from another website.
So, no, he does not take donations, although if you wanted to send him one, I"m sure he wouldn't mind

bingo ..... good luck Jose

WYOBISONMAN
09-13-2020, 02:48 AM
Interesting. He did provide some excitement for us at Montana State that cold day so many years ago!

El_Chapo
09-14-2020, 03:30 AM
Interesting. He did provide some excitement for us at Montana State that cold day so many years ago!

him and DJ gave us a helluva night downtown!!

THEsocalledfan
09-14-2020, 03:38 PM

All I think of with Montana State, is "Live from the Battlewagon" and being in a hotel room in Anaheim, CA literally laughing my ass of reading the thread.

HandoEX
09-14-2020, 03:55 PM

I didn't remember Jose doing anything that day, so looked back at his stats for that game: 3-11 passing for 36 yards, 0 TDs and an INT, 48 yards rushing. Lol

El_Chapo
09-14-2020, 07:48 PM
I didn't remember Jose doing anything that day, so looked back at his stats for that game: 3-11 passing for 36 yards, 0 TDs and an INT, 48 yards rushing. Lol

you shut up, his mom came down and sat with us. remember? IZZY remembers!!

southcliffbison
09-14-2020, 09:32 PM
you shut up, his mom came down and sat with us. remember? IZZY remembers!!

Well, tell us about Jose's mom.

El_Chapo
09-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Well, tell us about Jose's mom.

in 2010? 35ish, San Diego BeachBumBlonde Izzy??

cx500d
09-16-2020, 06:30 PM
I like this comment at the end of the story:

“Jose was a fun QB at NDSU. Helped transition the program in 2010 to a top program in the country.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk