PDA

View Full Version : D.J. McNorton

bisonfan11
12-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Wow, that is all I can say. D.J. was a stud and the offensive MVP during the regular season, and now in the play-offs D.J. is just plain great. Last week against Robert Morris he had 220 all purpose yards, and today against Montana State McNorton gained over 200 yards rushing and 4!!! touchdowns. Like I have said before I was wrong to ever doubt him and each week for the most part he has more than impressed me with how good (and versatile) he is. Is it too late to get him some votes for the Walter Payton award??

DjKyRo
12-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Hell. Yes. DJ is just a stud, he's been fantastic all year. ANOTHER 200-yard game, he's been all-world for us this year. Can't believe he only got 2nd team. Stoked to see what else he can do in the playoffs and next year. My favorite Bison player right now without question.

TransAmBison
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
McNorton shines now that we are out of the physical conference play. He really made some good cuts...and showed tremendous patience at times. No dancing! He rocked!!!!!!!!!

No_Skill
12-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Hell. Yes. DJ is just a stud, he's been fantastic all year. ANOTHER 200-yard game, he's been all-world for us this year. Can't believe he only got 2nd team. Stoked to see what else he can do in the playoffs and next year. My favorite Bison player right now without question.

I can believe it. We don't have a flashy offense, we just don't get the attention of the flashier schools.

aces1180
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree...Let's also give some props to our dominating O-Line!

mebisonII
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
To paraphrase comments that were once (not that long ago) directed towards another Bison runner:

"Big-time players make big plays in the biggest games. Well, folks, it doesn't get much bigger than this!"

IzzyFlexion
12-04-2010, 10:07 PM
QUOTE>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree...Let's also give some props to our dominating O-Line!<QUOTE

also Grothmann and Vandal.

No_Skill
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM
To paraphrase comments that were once (not that long ago) directed towards another Bison runner:

"Big-time players make big plays in the biggest games. Well, folks, it doesn't get much bigger than this!"

It will get bigger each week we win. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

aces1180
12-04-2010, 10:09 PM
QUOTE>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree...Let's also give some props to our dominating O-Line!<QUOTE

also Grothmann and Vandal.

Right on!!!

tony
12-04-2010, 10:22 PM
NDSU postseason record for single-game rushing! Tony Satter had the old record of 176 against Pittsburg State in 1990 (of course, that was probably 12 carries or something :) )

NDSU postseason record for single-game rushing TD! Chris Simdorn scored 3 TD, three times. Gordon got three against UN-O in 2000. Mike Bentson scored 3 against Montana in the 1970 Camellia Bowl.

Hats off to the offensive line, FBs, and TEs (and probably the WRs too)!

tjbison
12-04-2010, 10:45 PM
DJ is the man, ran his balls off and Bison Nation Chanted is name outside the lockeroom!! Great Day and Great fans on both sides. Probably the best Football experience I've had

Hecklerswife
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM

My FAVORITE player ALL season witout a doubt! I have fumed after everygame where he was criticized or left off as player of the game. I'm glad I'm not the sole member of his fan club now...<3 <3

Hola
12-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Real fun to watch, the patience and then the burst through the opening was amazing.

North Side
12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I LOVE DJ!!! GO DJ!! Siger is my fav running back on the team though, I still dont know why we didnt use him more during the regular season

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 04:22 AM
The entire run game showed up today...McNorton, Voigt, and Sigers...can't wait until next year with Crockett and Ojuri in the mix!

unbison
12-05-2010, 09:01 AM
McNorton shines now that we are out of the physical conference play. He really made some good cuts...and showed tremendous patience at times. No dancing! He rocked!!!!!!!!!

What a ntbotn backhanded complimenT....cmon

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2010, 09:03 AM

LOL.....you are drunk....better get to bed:D !!

TransAmBison
12-05-2010, 11:52 AM
I can see how it looks...I could have phrased it better. He was a good back in the conference...but he is really good out of the conference.

X-Factor
12-05-2010, 02:31 PM
The entire run game showed up today...McNorton, Voigt, and Sigers...can't wait until next year with Crockett and Ojuri in the mix!

To me, I look at this and it means we are finally going to get some serious special teams help!

A1pigskin
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM

His patience is what helped during this game. DJ Rocked the house.

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
His patience is what helped during this game. DJ Rocked the house.

VERY patient. A couple of times he literally just ran with his blockers. On one of his long runs, there was an OL in the endzone just a few steps behind him.

tony
12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Who was the WR downfield dominating the DB to make sure DJ got into the endzone on his last TD run?

http://www.ncaa.com/allaccess/?media=215722

Found it: Justin Howard... looks like a great block by Reed Duscher too to spring it.

KTF
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Who was the WR downfield dominating the DB to make sure DJ got into the endzone on his last TD run?

Justin Howard

tony
12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Justin Howard

Great blocking on DJ's last TD run:
1. Paul Cornick pancaked TWO guys
2. Reed Duchscher took his guy completely out of the play.
3. Justin Howard abused his guy.

sambini
12-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Great job DJ and the Bison+++