PDA

View Full Version : Bison Offense

DjKyRo
12-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Averaging 42.5 PPG in the playoffs. Ridiculous.

IBleedYellow
12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
With two different QB's? But how many yards did DJ have in this game? 200+? I know he had 3/4 rushing TDs.

bisonfan11
12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
If I heard right DJ was over 200+ yards rushing, and 4 rushing TDs. And we did this with two QB's. Like I said before earlier this season DJ has been our offensive MVP, and so far in the play-offs he has been nothing short of sensational.

DjKyRo
12-04-2010, 09:55 PM
If I heard right DJ was over 200+ yards rushing, and 4 rushing TDs. And we did this with two QB's. Like I said before earlier this season DJ has been our offensive MVP, and so far in the play-offs he has been nothing short of sensational.

Yes sir. Once again gotta love all the doubt that was in about DJ to start the season, a certain few posts saying he wasn't as good as one Jake Miller...I think DJ might have made a case for himself. :)

My favorite Bison player. Love the guy.

bisonfan11
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Yes sir. Once again gotta love all the doubt that was in about DJ to start the season, a certain few posts saying he wasn't as good as one Jake Miller...I think DJ might have made a case for himself. :)

He is mine too. He grew on me as the season progressed, and now I see what all the buzz was about. And from what I heard he is a class act off the football field as well. He might end up as the best NFL prospect at half back that NDSU has seen in a long time (yes a better prospect than Steffes, Roehl, and Paschall).

Gully
12-04-2010, 10:17 PM

Who is Jake Miller? Do you mean Jake Morris or Jason Miller?

IzzyFlexion
12-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Who is Jake Miller? Do you mean Jake Morris or Jason Miller?

Perhaps "Jake and the Fat Man" or "Barney Miller"?
-pardon the stupid interruption.

Ross
12-04-2010, 10:20 PM
4 TD's today!!!

DJ has been amazing this year!

Trampled
12-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Dj has put this team on his shoulders. Old Balll Coach was right all along. Most guys on this board know nothing...including me!

Bison"FANatic"
12-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Dj has put this team on his shoulders. Old Balll Coach was right all along. Most guys on this board know nothing...including me!

DJ is not the back he was two years ago though. How much dancing did you see today. Not much. He was patient but did not dance. He could not have done this 2 years ago but the experience and time in the program has turned him into a phenomenal back. He has the talent but the coaches brought it out in him and taught him how to run at this level.

Hola
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Offensive line looks like it is starting to get in synch. Great patience by DJ. You could just see the Bison were wearing them down as the game progressed.

Trampled
12-04-2010, 11:12 PM
That is total bullshit!! like Old Ball Coach said... you are expecting him to run through holes that aren't there!!

Trampled
12-04-2010, 11:18 PM
DJ has put this team on his shoulders. He is phenomenol.. Get him the ball more. Just Like Weston Dressler. Can't be stopped so get him the Frickin Ball!! Come on Vigen... Get him the BALL!!

KC Bison
12-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Curious if others thought the same. Did it appear that MSU was a little undersized? I thought that I saw the linebacks were in the 210-215 pound area and I saw that one of the offensive lineman was 270 pounds. If so, that would explain why were able to dominate the line of scrimmages both ways.

Hola
12-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Curious if others thought the same. Did it appear that MSU was a little undersized? I thought that I saw the linebacks were in the 210-215 pound area and I saw that one of the offensive lineman was 270 pounds. If so, that would explain why were able to dominate the line of scrimmages both ways.

Yeah, that is how it appeared to me as well.

Twentysix
12-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Some of there fans, said, we have the biggest oline theyve ever seen(in the FCS).

Trampled
12-05-2010, 12:28 AM
That is the whole philosophy of Bohls teams Beat them at he LOS, play conservative, don't make turnovers, have great defense. Boring for most of the season, but hard to argue with it now!

DjKyRo
12-05-2010, 12:31 AM
That is the whole philosophy of Bohls teams Beat them at he LOS, play conservative, don't make turnovers, have great defense. Boring for most of the season, but hard to argue with it now!

Hard to argue with any offense that's putting up 40 pts. a game when it counts. I've been as critical of the WCO as anyone but boy, can't hate on success.

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 04:11 AM
We seem to be a hybrid team. BIG boys at the LOS and LOTS of speed in the backends of both sides of the ball. I get it, and it's a good philosophy. When Marcus got beat in man coverage on the deep ball to #1 and they mentioned he was their big play receiver...Marcus ran his ass down pretty quick for being beat. Bad play, but looked GREAT at the end.

coldspot
12-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Offensive line looks like it is starting to get in synch. Great patience by DJ. You could just see the Bison were wearing them down as the game progressed.

My friend who knows little about football but watched the game today said "they (the bison linemen) just dominated them (the bobcats) the whole game. so much bigger and stronger." he's a sioux fan too so thats saying a lot, he's also rubbing it in that my huskies lost tonight.

semobison
12-05-2010, 12:59 PM
We were much more physical. The bobcats may not have been a 4-4 team in the MVFC! I think the biggest thing in our playoff games is that we have forced 7 turnovers. In football, when you win the turnover battle, you usually win the game!

ndsubison1
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM
eastern wash will put 9 guys in the box and dare us to throw. esp. if brock is out. we will need to be more balanced if we want to win this week

BisonNeil
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM

The Bobcat head coach agrees with you.

"We are undersized," Ash said. "to a certain extent, the line of scrimaages on both sides of the ball was the difference today. They were very tough up front in both lines. That's an area were we may have to analyze and look at improving for next year".

If you recall, Bohl basically said the same thing after both lines were dominated our first year in the MVFC when we went to UNI. Bohl has been recruiting to change that ever since.

EndZoneQB
12-05-2010, 04:54 PM
eastern wash will put 9 guys in the box and dare us to throw. esp. if brock is out. we will need to be more balanced if we want to win this week

Later in the game, I saw only single high safeties...it's not like they weren't trying to stop the run lol

ndsubison1
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Later in the game, I saw only single high safeties...it's not like they weren't trying to stop the run lol

true but mont st is 65th against the run. the further we go the more balanced well have to be.

semobison
12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Agree! Although I am extatic at where we are right now, we will need a passing game to be title contenders!