PDA

View Full Version : Ed Schultz picks Bison on CNBC show

HerdBot
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Not sure if anyone saw this but Ed Schultz was on CNBC interviewing some politician from Montana and he picked us to win.

Not a fan of Big Eddie's political views but it was cool to see the former "Voice Of The Bison" pimp us on national TV!

My prediction.
Bison - 20
Cats - 17
The defense will score in this game.

On_the_road
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Ed is still trying to be the voice of the Bison. Good to see that he still supports the Bison but I would hate to see him back in the radio booth at Bison games.

DjKyRo
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Ed is still trying to be the voice of the Bison. Good to see that he still supports the Bison but I would hate to see him back in the radio booth at Bison games.

Couldn't've said it better myself.

WYOBISONMAN
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I hope Eddie is right with his pick.......we will know in a few short hours!

KC Bison
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Eddie was about 5-400 in his picks on Nov. 2 but I hope he's right on this one.
:D

MNLonghorn10
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
surprised he knew the bison even made the playoffs, being he couldn't get out of fargo fast enough.

hack

NWNDBison
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Well, it wasn't CNBC, it was MSNBC, but who am I to nit-pick? And it was on The Ed Show.

He was interviewing Montana Senator Jon Tester. Tester seemed to be a bit surprised that Schultz brought the game up. He likely didn't know Ed's ND roots or that he takes pride in being the one-time "Voice of the Bison."

Ed says there's a steak on the line. Tester says, whether from ND or MT, it's bound to be the best steak in America. One alert Montana respondent to the video says, "Let's make that a Bison steak." Hope we disappoint you, Cats fan.

Anyway, Tester was impressed enough to immediately post the clip on his Facebook page. Link below:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150109395052049&oid=210573031664&comments

Scooter1
12-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I gotta give Ed some credit. He didn't have to mention the Bison but he did, and in a positive way. You really can't ask for anything more from him.

Most (including me) are surprised.

Baby steps....baby steps.

Or, is he looking for new land to hunt on in ND? Hmmmmmm.

EndZoneQB
12-04-2010, 03:41 PM
I gotta give Ed some credit. He didn't have to mention the Bison but he did, and in a positive way. You really can't ask for anything more from him.

Most (including me) are surprised.

Baby steps....baby steps.

Or, is he looking for new land to hunt on in ND? Hmmmmmm.

Yep. No one else has to know we don't like him...nothing but positive press for this.

IndyBison
12-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Ed shot his dog!
Ed shot his dog!

TransAmBison
12-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Ed shot his dog!
Ed shot his dog!
Hey, the ref got a call right! :D

Notorious
12-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I wonder if he still has a thing for "big-boned", bleached blonde college women???

BisonEngrGirl
12-04-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm surprised he said something about the Bison at all, let alone something nice. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf.... probably not:smh:

ben_slim
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
The three best days of my life were when my two boys were born healthy and Ed Schultz going to the sioux

Ferd
12-04-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm surprised he said something about the Bison at all, let alone something nice. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf.... probably not:smh:

No, just turning over another one. ;)

KC Bison
12-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I hate it when I have to agree with Eddy.

DjKyRo
12-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Look's like Schultz's fat ass just won a steak.

ben_slim
12-05-2010, 09:17 AM
We can only hope he chokes on it!!

No_Skill
12-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Can one of you old farts fill us young guys in on the Ed hate? :hide:

semobison
12-05-2010, 12:45 PM
I am am older guy, but I am amazed how popular it is to anonymously bash people they dont really even know on message boards. Fact is Ed has become more successful than any of you have ever dreamed!...Classless!

MNLonghorn10
12-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I am am older guy, but I am amazed how popular it is to anonymously bash people they dont really even know on message boards. Fact is Ed has become more successful than any of you have ever dreamed!...Classless!

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ed-schultz-insults-fargo/

f that turd

BlueBisonRock
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM

Say what you will, I hold and have demonstrated the same opinion of Ed in face to face discussions as I do on this 'anonymous' board. Simply stated, I played against Ed in the post college and infamous Fargo Flag Football league. He demonstrated no class in this league with his behavior towards other teams and the officials. And, he knew from our 'discussions' then what I and others felt about him. In particular, I (and teammates) was offended by his comments towards our partners who were on the sidelines supposedly enjoying the game.

Your comment regarding success is a bit out of line as success for many on this board has nothing to do with having a job / career providing public visibility. And they have achieved success without shooting their dog, publicly dumping their spouse, alienating people enough for them to throw objects while throwing a temper tantrum and looking for a fight when the object is thrown, or flat out treating others like yesterday's turds.

Bison Dan
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Say what you will, I hold and have demonstrated the same opinion of Ed in face to face discussions as I do on this 'anonymous' board. Simply stated, I played against Ed in the post college and infamous Fargo Flag Football league. He demonstrated no class in this league with his behavior towards other teams and the officials. And, he knew from our 'discussions' then what I and others felt about him. In particular, I (and teammates) was offended by his comments towards our partners who were on the sidelines supposedly enjoying the game.

Your comment regarding success is a bit out of line as success for many on this board has nothing to do with having a job / career providing public visibility. And they have achieved success without shooting their dog, publicly dumping their spouse, alienating people enough for them to throw objects while throwing a temper tantrum and looking for a fight when the object is thrown, or flat out treating others like yesterday's turds.

I agree I've seen big Ed in action. Just someone defending the undefendable without any real knowledge.

semobison
12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
For one, he didnt shoot his dog on purpose, I cant believe people keep pounding that one. Secondly, how many people get divoriced? 50%. I know he is kind of a blow hard, but i guess i just dont get all the bashing! I guess I try to live buy what my mother told me when i was a kid. If you dont have somthing good to say about someone, dont say anything at all!

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I am about ready to moderate this thread.....but my head hurts too much from last night.....

walknroehl
12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
For one, he didnt shoot his dog on purpose, I cant believe people keep pounding that one. Secondly, how many people get divoriced? 50%. I know he is kind of a blow hard, but i guess i just dont get all the bashing! I guess I try to live buy what my mother told me when i was a kid. If you dont have somthing good to say about someone, dont say anything at all!

You have to be pretty darn inept to shoot your dog accidentally. I don't believe that for one second. Its not unheard of to put a hunting dog down if that dog don't hunt. At least where I come from.

semobison
12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I know people who have been shot in hunting accidents! It happens in ND every year! Are they inept? Maybe, but it can also be tragic!

coldspot
12-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I know people who have been shot in hunting accidents! It happens in ND every year! Are they inept? Maybe, but it can also be tragic!

how do you mistake a person wearing blaze orange with bambi?

X-Factor
12-05-2010, 02:19 PM

I would be careful with that wordage.

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2010, 02:26 PM
ok....ibuprofen has been taken.....thread CLOSED!