PDA

View Full Version : Remains of Fargo pilot lost in Vietnam coming home

bisonaudit
12-03-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/300438/

I've had the privildge of meeting some of the dedicated professionals who work everyday to locate and identify the remains of America's 80,000 POW/MIAs.

A quick thank you to the folks at JPAC (Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command), CIL (Central Identification Laboratory), AFDIL (Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory), and all their collegues who go on fighting a war they know they can never win.

backpages
12-03-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/300438/

A quick thank you to the folks at JPAC (Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command), CIL (Central Identification Laboratory), AFDIL (Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory), and all their collegues who go on fighting a war they know they can never win.

Ditto that!

CAS4127
12-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Ditto that!

I was going to post the exact same response, so double Ditto I guess.

BisonVifte
12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
A co-worker of mine has his pow-mia braclet. She hasn't decided what to do with it yet. She is thinking about giving it to the family, but isn't sure she wants to part with it after all of these years.

backpages
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
A co-worker of mine has his pow-mia braclet. She hasn't decided what to do with it yet. She is thinking about giving it to the family, but isn't sure she wants to part with it after all of these years.

I would suggest that she keep it as both she and the family now have closure. It is also a reminder of the insanity of the rules of war. Rule #1: Young men (women) die. Rule #2: You can't change Rule #1. Also, thank her (from a young veteran) for her vigil and keeping the faith.

mebisonII
12-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I was unaware of these bracelets, and was just doing some googling. Do you get them for a specific person (i.e. BisonVifte's coworker knew the missing soldier) or do you just order one and you receive one for someone on the list?

Just curious as I hadn't heard of them before.

BisonVifte
12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I was unaware of these bracelets, and was just doing some googling. Do you get them for a specific person (i.e. BisonVifte's coworker knew the missing soldier) or do you just order one and you receive one for someone on the list?

Just curious as I hadn't heard of them before.

You sent in some money and they sent you a random name. She couldn't remember if they tried to send someone in your area or just sent you a random name from the list.