PDA

View Full Version : Bozeman Friday Night Bisonfest

Swany
12-02-2010, 12:37 AM
My apologies if this has been posted somewhere else. What is the "official" Bisonville watering hole this Friday night in Bozeman? It would be great if we could get all the "Herd" together at the same place instead of being scattered all over. So, where's a good place to go in Bozeman?

GradBison
12-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Let's gather at the Wingate since many are staying there and near by, then head out from there.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2010, 03:13 AM
I believe the Residence is across the street from the wingate? I was wondering about Fri night too. I've given out my cell to a few others, we have to get the group together for sure.

GradBison
12-02-2010, 03:19 AM
I believe the Residence is across the street from the wingate? I was wondering about Fri night too. I've given out my cell to a few others, we have to get the group together for sure.

Yup, the Residence and Wingate are 115ft apart according to google.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Yup, the Residence and Wingate are 115ft apart according to google.

That close to where Lakes is sleeping? Keeping my deadbolt locked

NDSUstudent
12-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Wait lakes, SD and 4M all within hundreds of feet from my hotel, my oh my.

bobcatozzy
12-02-2010, 03:34 AM
I am a member of the American Legion we just opened our bar downtown after the explosion that totaled our building here about a year and half ago. Would be happy to have you visit our place. It is located downtown on the far east side on main street I think the address is 225 east main street. We are also going to be having our annual Christmas stroll saturday night if any of you guys are still around they close down all of main street.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Wait lakes, SD and 4M all within hundreds of feet from my hotel, my oh my.

Hopefully we have lots of bail money handy

GradBison
12-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Good thing the wife skipped this trip..... :p

4mcruenomore
12-02-2010, 03:36 AM
I am a member of the American Legion we just opened our bar downtown after the explosion that totaled our building here about a year and half ago. Would be happy to have you visit our place. It is located downtown on the far east side on main street I think the address is 225 east main street. We are also going to be having our annual Christmas stroll saturday night if any of you guys are still around they close down all of main street.

An explosion? uh..

Wally
12-02-2010, 03:45 AM

Love Legion Halls:nod:

bobcatozzy
12-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Yea it devastated about a block of our downtown buildings it made national news go look it up on the web just put in our search engine Bozeman explosion and there should come up with a bunch of info if you want to know more.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Yea it devastated about a block of our downtown buildings it made national news go look it up on the web just put in our search engine Bozeman explosion and there should come up with a bunch of info if you want to know more.

wow, that s*cks, glad to hear you got it up and running again, I like Legion halls also.

bobcatozzy
12-02-2010, 04:01 AM
Its a pretty amazing place the contractor did a really good job on it doesn't look like a typical legion would be happy to have all your fans grace it with your presence.

4mcruenomore
12-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Its a pretty amazing place the contracter did a really good job on it doesn't look like a typical legion would be happy to have all your fans grace it with your presence.

thanks for the invite

bison93
12-02-2010, 04:24 AM

Does this explosion correlate with the win over the grizzlies.. not trying to accuse any group but..:innocent:

lakesbison
12-02-2010, 04:34 AM
WINGATE is the rendevous point about 10pm friday night.

Crystals is the HOT spot with a Happy Hour from 11-12 pm.

From there, just wander downtown and hopefully back in bed by 1AM, TAILGATE lot by 8am!!!

peace out!!

ndsubison1
12-02-2010, 06:02 AM
tailgate lot by 8 am. oh god

NDSUFan_Sav
12-02-2010, 06:45 AM
tailgate lot by 8 am. oh god

i'll drop kick you until you wake up....

Swany where are you staying?? There's a bunch of us at the Wingate and Residence inn so I'd say try and meet up to the Wingate and we'll go from there.

Da_Bizon
12-02-2010, 02:20 PM
So does the "Rainforest" have it's own tailgate time or something? I thought I read that the tailgate lots don't open 'til 9.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-02-2010, 02:22 PM
So does the "Rainforest" have it's own tailgate time or something? I thought I read that the tailgate lots don't open 'til 9.

sounded like the guy said whenever, maybe Lakes can confirm this!

lakesbison
12-02-2010, 02:42 PM
RAINFOREST (paved police lot) haha OPENS at 8 AM!

REGULAR LOTS 9AM!

LOVE IT!

TQ16
12-02-2010, 03:10 PM

lol i would love to see that...hope it happens

bisonmike2
12-02-2010, 03:19 PM
That close to where Lakes is sleeping? Keeping my deadbolt locked

Sweet. I get to use this twice in one week!

http://drinian.org/dump/lawrence-from-office-space.jpg
"Watch out for your cornhole, bud."

bisonhusker
12-02-2010, 03:50 PM
WINGATE is the rendevous point about 10pm friday night.

Crystals is the HOT spot with a Happy Hour from 11-12 pm.

From there, just wander downtown and hopefully back in bed by 1AM, TAILGATE lot by 8am!!!

peace out!!

there is just no chance I am in bed at 1AM. I am a man on a mission on road trips. I will be up and ready at 8AM!!!

lakesbison
12-02-2010, 04:03 PM
husker raises a good point. we can sleep saturday night.

LETS PARTY!!

CelticCat
12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
You guys will find somewhere downtown that suites you. I'm not a huge fan of the Crystal, especially during power hour "11-12". Shoulder to shoulder, have to push your way around the bar, and you'll be standing at the bar for awhile before someone gets to you. But $1 drinks.

Then again most bars are packed downtown. There is the Zebra, Colonel Blacks, the Pourhouse, and 317 all in essentially the same building. Then next door is Bar IX which is 2 story and always has a DJ, some tables, and dancing. Across the street is Eagles as well.

Then within blocks you have the Crystal, the Legion, the Cannery, and the Plonk (ritzy wine place)... I feel like I'm missing something.

Then if you go about 5 or 6 blocks back towards 7th Avenue, you'll run into the Bar-muda Triangle, which is 3 bars all sharing a common parking lot. This is more of the "hick" area for lack of a better term. There is the Molly Brown (my most frequented bar during college, cheap, with foosball, poker, live music sometimes, and pool tables), the Scoop (too cowboy for me), and the Haufbrau.

And lastly, there is Mixers and the Cats Paw that are pretty close together up 7th. Mixers is more of a dance club, with some pool tables as well. Cats Paw is just a sports bar and is more of an older crowd generally.

bobcatozzy
12-02-2010, 06:09 PM
To bison fans,
I talked to the Legion manager here in Bozeman at 225 east main street and he would be happy to accomadate you guys. It is a very nice bar doesnt get to rowdy. So the invite is out there for you guys to have a place to go.

SDbison
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
To bison fans,
I talked to the Legion manager here in Bozeman at 225 east main street and he would be happy to accomadate you guys. It is a very nice bar doesnt get to rowdy. So the invite is out there for you guys to have a place to go.
Thanks bobcatozzy.......once we destroy all the other bars in town we will take refuge at the Legion! :D

bgcatfan
12-02-2010, 08:42 PM
An explosion? uh..

Yeah it leveled about half of a city block, killed one lady, broke out windows up and down Main st. Bad deal.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3342/3333180772_ce50ffa764.jpg
[IMG]http://news.flairbiz.com/wp-content/uploads/bozeman-explosion.jpg

90BISON
12-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah it leveled about half of a city block, killed one lady, broke out windows up and down Main st. Bad deal.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3342/3333180772_ce50ffa764.jpg

Wow! Incredible..... :(

NorDakBobcat
12-03-2010, 01:19 AM
I am not a huge fan of the new Pourhouse/317. They ruined a couple of great bars. Seems that the R Bar crowd (Greeks) transferred over there after the explosion. Eagles is pretty good bar right across the street from those bars, older crowd usually. Crystal is good if you can deal with the crowd at "power hour". I haven't been in town since the new Legion opened up but heard it's pretty nice. The Cannery and Bacchus Pub also are good in dt, they are at the west end of the area. Bar-muda was a fave of mine (just west of dt a few blocks), especially the Molly Brown, lots of pool tables, poker, foos ball, and tvs and good variety of beers on tap. The Cat's Ass on 7th is a good sports bar with lots of tvs and open space, also an older crowd. If out on 7th or 19th there are a lot of cookie cutter restaurants with bars, Old Chicago with 100+ beers and Buffalo Wild Wings to name a couple. If no tix for the game but you are going to tailgate, Spectators on campus is a great sports bar to watch the game after everyone goes into the game and it is close enough to be able to hit the tailgates at halftime.

Swany
12-03-2010, 01:45 AM

Swany where are you staying?? There's a bunch of us at the Wingate and Residence inn so I'd say try and meet up to the Wingate and we'll go from there.

Sav, I'm at the Ramada Inn, definitely plan on hitting up the Wingate at 10p to meet up with everybody to check out Bozeman. Should be classic!

NDSUFan_Sav
12-03-2010, 06:32 AM
there is just no chance I am in bed at 1AM. I am a man on a mission on road trips. I will be up and ready at 8AM!!!

SD, Wyo, and I will be finishing our 3rd Keg by 1am....

WYOBISONMAN
12-03-2010, 01:15 PM
SD, Wyo, and I will be finishing our 3rd Keg by 1am....

Heh...heh....you gotta leave it up to us old guys to carry the flag!:D

MontBison
12-04-2010, 12:51 AM
So what say you B'Ville? Where's everyone heading tonight? Cracking my first beer, plan on being at the Crystal by 11. Who's coming?

Swany
12-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Is it still the game plan for Bison fans to meet at the Wingate around 9-10p and head downtown?

bri-dog
12-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Last report:

We are at the Outback (right by the residence inn) waiting for further updates.

4mcrue rules!! He told me to say that.

NorDakBobcat
12-04-2010, 01:28 AM
So you guys realize we don't close down the bars over here til 2 AM right? That gives you guys two extra hours with the time difference

Belly up:cheers:

bri-dog
12-04-2010, 01:28 AM
4mcrue's wife says: sometimes he drives me fucking crazy. But she says not to say that.

chuckles
12-04-2010, 01:32 AM
4mcrue's wife says: sometimes he drives me fucking crazy. But she says not to say that.

Lol. Post of the night, SO FAR

Bison bison
12-04-2010, 01:41 AM

The picture makes me think of the first Treehouse of Horror episode on the Simpsons where a house decides to destroy itself rather than be home to Homer & Co.

Can't help but think that the building above chose explosion to continued in existence in Bozeman.

Twentysix
12-04-2010, 02:57 AM
So you guys realize we don't close down the bars over here til 2 AM right? That gives you guys two extra hours with the time difference

Belly up:cheers:

Fargo is 2 am aswell 1 is a western nd thing.

TheDoctor
12-04-2010, 03:06 AM
Fargo is 2 am aswell 1 is a western nd thing.

What he means is 2am there is 3am here, so you get an extra hour. ;)

WYOBISONMAN
12-04-2010, 09:22 AM
WTF.....No Swany partying tonight.......Kitty (pussy) factor at work?:D