PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating

bobcatozzy
12-01-2010, 06:11 PM
You cant blame alot of this stuff on us sounds like your athletic department is the one squishing all your fun.
Re: NDSU tailgating
by kmax on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 am

I just spoke with the Assistant AD for gameday activities and MSU has been doing everything they can to accommodate this for Bison fans. MSU Athletics was prepared to give NDSU fans an entire lot (the aforementioned MSU police parking lot) closed for just NDSU fans with a parking attendant and portapotties provided. MSU campus policy required a small fee for the closure of the lot. MSU provided this information to NDSU and were told by NDSU that they were not interested and to please just provide their fans with basic parking information. Only problem is that the open container waiver does not include general parking areas, thus the restrictions on tailgating. So, not looking good but MSU has tried hard to do all they can but it was turned down by NDSU athletics at this time.

4mcruenomore
12-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the info, doesn't surprise me either.

bobcatozzy
12-01-2010, 06:14 PM
:ranting: From the sounds of it sounds like thats not the only thing they have caused heartache for you guys.

HandoEX
12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Who the hell is making these calls? What a STUPID DECISION!

NDSUstudent
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Still think the whole MSU tailgating situation is just weird, never seen anything like it before. Usually you charge visiting fans who want to tailgate and not the school.

bobcatozzy
12-01-2010, 06:20 PM
And why its so hard for you guys to get a spot in our tailgating area is because those are sold out for the whole year. But there are alot of tailgating place over on the westside of the stadium or directly to the north you kinda dont want to go to the east side because that is where the college students are tends to get rowdy. I know all tailgaters would welcome of you to theirs.

MN_BISON
12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
FUBAR:smh:

NDSUstudent
12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
And why its so hard for you guys to get a spot in our tailgating area is because those are sold out for the whole year. But there are alot of tailgating place over on the westside of the stadium or directly to the north you kinda dont want to go to the east side because that is where the college students are tends to get rowdy. I know all tailgaters would welcome of you to theirs.

So there are places to tailgate? We don't need our own area, just a place to park and drink.

bobcatozzy
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Maybe you could call the MSU police office directly and see how much they are charging or the athletic department directly. We have gone out of our way to help you out. Most vistors don't require spots the just party with our tailgaters.

NDSUstudent
12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Thank god we are in the valley where you just drive to the damn game, pay a few bucks to park in the lot and then drink. So simple, yes we have reserved tailgating but we at least accommodate visitors without any questions needed to be asked.

bobcatozzy
12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
There is a crap load of places to park in the parking lot to the north of the staudium but they will not let you drink in that parking lot. You would have to be in the tailgate area to drink which is taking by all our fans. So you could park your rigs and bring you drinks and whatever to a bobcat tailgate area and the most fans would be more then welcoming to have you.

MN_BISON
12-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Well if I were heading to Bozeman, I'd pack a cooler with wheels and stroll the parking lot, it's not the end of the world. Sounds like the MSU fans are a good group and by the sounds of it will take care of anyone wearing green and yellow. Meet some knew people, talk some football, eat their food and then watch the Bison send them home for the year(I hope). Sounds like a pretty good time, just wish I was going to be there to do it.

lakesbison
12-01-2010, 06:29 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=442500#post442500

^^i got a solution^^

bobcatozzy
12-01-2010, 06:30 PM
You dont have to pay for parking here either unless you want the premium parking. Like I said you can drive to the parking lot north of the stadium and park there and bring you drinks and stuff to one of our many spots.

Bisonfan1
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
You dont have to pay for parking here either unless you want the premium parking. Like I said you can drive to the parking lot north of the stadium and park there and bring you drinks and stuff to one of our many spots.

Appreciate your hospitality, but we have custom rigs coming with all our tailgate galore stuff in, ez-ups, grills, heaters etc. You guys wouldnt have enough grill space for the spread we put on. Plus there will be many just joining our tailgate as they arrive. Not your fault, but wow, just unbelevable.

Bisonfan1
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Well if I were heading to Bozeman, I'd pack a cooler with wheels and stroll the parking lot, it's not the end of the world. Sounds like the MSU fans are a good group and by the sounds of it will take care of anyone wearing green and yellow. Meet some knew people, talk some football, eat their food and then watch the Bison send them home for the year(I hope). Sounds like a pretty good time, just wish I was going to be there to do it.

COOLER ?? yea right, you can carry ONE BEER in with you as a walk in. What a joke.

Walkon79
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
COOLER ?? yea right, you can carry ONE BEER in with you as a walk in. What a joke.

That's only in the student area. Trust me on this, you can bring as much beer as you want into the adult tailgating area.

Bisonfan1
12-01-2010, 07:13 PM
That's only in the student area. Trust me on this, you can bring as much beer as you want into the adult tailgating area.

OK, well thats a little better then , sorry i blew up :D