PDA

View Full Version : This is how you get a team prepared and tough for this weekend

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 03:26 AM
After leaving the game this was outside the BSA

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/1129002010.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/IMG00112.jpg

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 03:28 AM
God I love it.

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 03:29 AM
The March Is On!

Swaghook
11-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Looks better in the pics then it really was out there tonight. Had near white out conditions in open areas on the way home from Fargo after work.

56BISON73
11-30-2010, 03:31 AM
Last saturday ??? It looks like fun!!!

Tonight. :nod:

aces1180
11-30-2010, 03:31 AM
That's what I am talking about! It's already been a long week and its only Monday night!

sambini
11-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Bison Weather++++

MNLonghorn10
11-30-2010, 03:32 AM
winds howling right now. fml.

at least theres not any 6-8 inches of snow(no twss) that was forecasted..

MNLonghorn10
11-30-2010, 03:34 AM
k hutch just said 4-7 inches of snow to the east...looks like FM dodged a bullet...still windy

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 03:37 AM
winds howling right now. fml.

at least theres not any 6-8 inches of snow(no twss) that was forecasted..

original forecast was 2-4 and just east of here was 6-9 then they switched it to 6-9 here I think and now looks like 2-4 again here

northendzone
11-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Way to go Bison!

walknroehl
11-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Damn. Some of those guys are in shorts.

BlueBisonRock
11-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Damn. Some of those guys are in shorts.

Your point??? :confused: :D

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 06:17 AM
means they are TOUGHER THAN NAILS!!

ndsubison1
11-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Your point??? :confused: :D

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/funny-pictures-cats-see-what-you-did.jpg

BlueBisonRock
11-30-2010, 06:26 AM
means they are TOUGHER THAN NAILS!!

Lakes, you really need to improve your reading comprehension. The little smile at the end of the sentence states This is sarcasm.

A tidbit for you: Back in the day when we lived in Bismarck, I looked forward to those days when I could shovel snow in overshoes, cutoffs and a t-shirt so 'I got it right away'.

Glad you are able to get to Bozeman. I only hope you can find a way to get to the follow-on playoff game in Fargo on the eleventh. ;)

HerdBot
11-30-2010, 07:29 AM
After leaving the game this was outside the BSA

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/1129002010.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/IMG00112.jpg

Practice in that for a week with a ND wind and mid thirties will feel like 70 degrees!

Bisonfan1
11-30-2010, 12:26 PM
I love it, man these guys are serious, Im glad im making the trip, these guys deserve all the support they can get for their efforts this year !!

HandoEX
11-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Badasses!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 12:43 PM
I love it, man these guys are serious, Im glad im making the trip, these guys deserve all the support they can get for their efforts this year !!

Yes.......this team is exceeding expectations and shining bright at the season end.

TransAmBison
11-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks a lot for the pics...TAB's intensity meter just red-lined. Guess I will be completely worthless for another week of work. Cue Tatanka/BlueBisonRock/UTH/Notorious/CAS/Bisonfan1/etc in 3-2-1...

Tatanka
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks a lot for the pics...TAB's intensity meter just red-lined. Guess I will be completely worthless for another week of work. Cue Tatanka/BlueBisonRock/UTH/Notorious/CAS/Bisonfan1/etc in 3-2-1...

Can't say anything... I'm way ahead of you... As usual. Oh. crap. sorry.

Trim
11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Anyone know when they are practicing today? I'd like to bring my kid up there and show him what these guys are up to.

Bisonfan1
11-30-2010, 01:57 PM
I was way ahead of you last night when the pictures started rolling in about 10PM - I immeaditely left for Bozeman, see you all there when you arrive Friday. :D

aces1180
11-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Anybody see this photo from the Forum today? I love the fact that some of our big guys are wearing shorts and no sleeves! Bad ass!

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/29/1130bisonprac.jpg

Here's another sweet photo from the Forum.

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2010/11/29/1130bisonfb.jpg

Da_Bizon
11-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Should they have had someone up in the scissor lift?

rutlandbison
11-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Anybody see this photo from the Forum today? I love the fact that some of our big guys are wearing shorts and no sleeves! Bad ass!

Wonder who has #99 on? We don't have a 99 listed on the roster.

Notorious
11-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Wonder who has #99 on? We don't have a 99 listed on the roster.

Lakes?????

roadwarrior
11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Should they have had someone up in the scissor lift?

It looks like it was only up about halfway.

Herd Mentality
11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I've seen something similar to this...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v359/149/1/667774638/n667774638_980549_9885.jpg

THEsocalledfan
11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Someone needs to post these on the the Cat site. I snooped there yesterday and they were all bragging about how NDSU is an indoor team and will not have any idea what the cold will be like..........I don't even think it would be smack and would shut them up fast.

cats2506
11-30-2010, 03:00 PM

Our OL coach goes sleeveless in the cold weather too

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb259/gary2506/Ash-Mac.jpg

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 03:01 PM

He doesn't play........:p

cats2506
11-30-2010, 03:03 PM
He doesn't play........:p

But he's tough and badass :nod:

Bison bison
11-30-2010, 03:04 PM

The fat ass is wearing gloves.

HandoEX
11-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Sav and I are painting our chests and going shirtless.
;)

Trim
11-30-2010, 03:08 PM
The fat ass is wearing gloves.

Yeah, and it looks like a coat with the sleeves pushed up to the elbow. Wow, exposing that forearm!

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Practicing in these types of conditions helps players get somewhat acclimated to adverse weather conditions, but affects timing adversely, from both an offensive and defensive standpoint, although less so for linemen. I would guess offensive skill players and defensive secondary, including LB's, will see some "indoor time" this week as well, just to keep their timing and reaction skills at close to game speed (I know Dome is being used, but this can be done in the BSA as well). We will nonetheless be a little slow to begin with on Saturday, so let's just hope MSU doesn't come out and smoke us early on either on O or D. And, despite what some say or think, it is not fun to practice or even play in these types of conditions for an entire practice or game---it just isn't.

Tatanka
11-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah, and it looks like a coat with the sleeves pushed up to the elbow. Wow, exposing that forearm!
++
He was probably just checking what time it was because he didn't want to miss Oprah. The headset is so that his wife can communicate what kind of bon-bons to bring home. From the look on his face, she must have just asked for the orange nouget filled white chocolate, clearly not his favorite as he tends to dribble on his blue Snuggie.

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Practicing in these types of conditions helps players get somewhat acclimated to adverse weather conditions, but affects timing adversely, from both an offensive and defensive standpoint, although less so for linemen. I would guess offensive skill players and defensive secondary, including LB's, will see some "indoor time" this week as well, just to keep their timing and reaction skills at close to game speed (I know Dome is being used, but this can be done in the BSA as well). We will nonetheless be a little slow to begin with on Saturday, so let's just hope MSU doesn't come out and smoke us early on either on O or D. And, despite what some say or think, it is not fun to practice or even play in these types of conditions for an entire practice or game---it just isn't.

Finally the voice of experience........a bit more credible than those of us that drank beer and watched the playoffs from the stands at Dakotah Field while in undergrad school....:nod:

Bisonfan1
11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Sav and I are painting our chests and going shirtless.

AT most if not all playoff games at Dacotah field you always had the 5 guys with B I S O N painted on their chests in the end zone no matter what the weather. If anyone on here was " One of those guys" you might want to recommend to hando and sav what kind of anti-freeze you guys were using.

THEsocalledfan
11-30-2010, 03:30 PM
And, despite what some say or think, it is not fun to practice or even play in these types of conditions for an entire practice or game---it just isn't.

CAS, I certainly nevered played college football, but played in many, many very cold HS playoff games in norther ND by the Candian border. I would agree that practice sucks in these conditions as there is very little reason to hit at this piont in the season so you just don't warm up much. (You are just risking injury by hitting at this point and if a team isn't up for hitting in this big a game, you have much larger issues.) But if you are actually playing in the game, it isn't too bad as you very quickly quit noticing it when the adrenaline gets pumping and you are smacking people. Now, in the coldest game I ever played in (and it was damn cold that day in Devil's Lake at Roller Field), I was playing both ways, so not sure if I would have had a bigger time with the elements if only playing one way. The thing that sucked the most was landing on frozed grass/turf, but that is basically like the Fargodome!

By the way, when you are riding the pine, these conditions suck no matter how you slice it. If you get in the game in that situation, it takes you about 4 plays to warm up to where you can function normally.

CAS, any other thoughts on this? Anything you don't agree with? You certainly have more expertise than me, but felt I had a little to add.

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 03:37 PM
CAS, I certainly nevered played college football, but played in many, many very cold HS playoff games in norther ND by the Candian border. I would agree that practice sucks in these conditions as there is very little reason to hit at this piont in the season so you just don't warm up much. (You are just risking injury by hitting at this point and if a team isn't up for hitting in this big a game, you have much larger issues.) But if you are actually playing in the game, it isn't too bad as you very quickly quit noticing it when the adrenaline gets pumping and you are smacking people. Now, in the coldest game I ever played in (and it was damn cold that day in Devil's Lake at Roller Field), I was playing both ways, so not sure if I would have had a bigger time with the elements if only playing one way. The thing that sucked the most was landing on frozed grass/turf, but that is basically like the Fargodome!

By the way, when you are riding the pine, these conditions suck no matter how you slice it. If you get in the game in that situation, it takes you about 4 plays to warm up to where you can function normally.

CAS, any other thoughts on this? Anything you don't agree with? You certainly have more expertise than me, but felt I had a little to add.

Not much to add, except that I agree with the bolded portions above. As we all know, you don't see players playing both O & D in college, thus my concern for NDSU relative to the latter bolded sentence. Make no mistake about it, cold weather does NOT favor the Bison, nor does playing on a frozen grass field, given what we are used to playing in now, and what we have played on or in this entire year. Now, if a bunch of snow were to hit at game time, that would, or at least should, be somewhat of a neutralizing element--sort of like hunting Elk when the weather turns.

catbooster
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
nor does playing on a frozen grass field,

Minor point (in case it matters to you), but we replaced our grass field a few years ago - artificial turf now.

lakesbison
11-30-2010, 05:04 PM
that MSU offensive line coach looks like UNBISON!!

we gotta get him to spoof that coach saturday!!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 05:11 PM
that MSU offensive line coach looks like UNBISON!!

we gotta get him to spoof that coach saturday!!

totally agree with you

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Minor point (in case it matters to you), but we replaced our grass field a few years ago - artificial turf now.

Well thank you for advising me of that--seriously. It may not be as "minor" as one would think, as the outdoor field on which we are practicing this week is a new "Sprinturf" surface, so the fact that you have "artificial" turf actually helps us, and I am beginning to think we need a little help. A cold, dead grass playing surface is much different than a cold artificial surface, at least for us, as we have not played on the former this year. Plus, we tend to play better on artificial turf versus natural grass.

EndZoneQB
11-30-2010, 05:15 PM
We will nonetheless be a little slow to begin with on Saturday, so let's just hope MSU doesn't come out and smoke us early on either on O or D. And, despite what some say or think, it is not fun to practice or even play in these types of conditions for an entire practice or game---it just isn't.

Agreed. The ONLY way it is fun, is if you are winning. Also, like you said, you always start a little slow, which is why its usually the best to try to be on kick or return team to make that first contact of the day...it is the easiest way to "warm" up. The worst is coming off the field, using the parkas and gloves only to have to rip them off to be exposed to the elements again.

catbooster
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
yep, should be about the same as what you're practicing on.

bisonmike2
11-30-2010, 05:46 PM

Are we sure this isn't a photo from last years team? That could me smoke and not snow. Some of those guys were known to Marley it up.:hide:

DjKyRo
11-30-2010, 06:41 PM

Bmike might have a point, it DOES look like smoke...Sigers must've just taken off down the sidelines or something.

Tatanka
11-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Are we sure this isn't a photo from last years team? That could me smoke and not snow. Some of those guys were known to Marley it up.:hide:

got to admit... my first thought was a cheech and chong movie shot... pan to the left to see c&c lighting up a 40 foot doobie in a beat up old cadillac...

Walkon79
11-30-2010, 07:21 PM
++
He was probably just checking what time it was because he didn't want to miss Oprah. The headset is so that his wife can communicate what kind of bon-bons to bring home. From the look on his face, she must have just asked for the orange nouget filled white chocolate, clearly not his favorite as he tends to dribble on his blue Snuggie.

Geez, you guys are harsh!! I know coach Mac personally and let me assure you, he doesn't watch Oprah. He's about the baddest MF on the face of the planet, and will be coaching in the NFL or BCS soon.

Tatanka
11-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Geez, you guys are harsh!! I know coach Mac personally and let me assure you, he doesn't watch Oprah. He's about the baddest MF on the face of the planet, and will be coaching in the NFL or BCS soon.

Lighten up Francis!

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Oh....he may watch Oprah.......you know.....one of those nasty little secrets....

Walkon79
11-30-2010, 07:26 PM

Gotta love Linemen!! Most of our were sleeveless in Missoula two weeks ago.

Walkon79
11-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Oh....he may watch Oprah.......you know.....one of those nasty little secrets....

And he may be the primary reason you guys get beat on Saturday.

TransAmBison
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
You tell'em! Everybody knows he doesn't watch Oprah, he's all about teh Tyra Show!

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 07:32 PM
And he may be the primary reason you guys get beat on Saturday.

And if we win? What is his role in that?

Walkon79
11-30-2010, 07:34 PM
And if we win? What is his role in that?

It means you got to Denarius, which hasn't really happened this year.

TransAmBison
11-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Of course we haven't gotten to him this year yet, we haven't played you. ;)

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM

......and then your Coach Mac will have to watch Oprah to console himself after Denarius was left unprotected from the crushing Bison D........

Walkon79
11-30-2010, 07:44 PM
......and then your Coach Mac will have to watch Oprah to console himself after Denarius was left unprotected from the crushing Bison D........

He might have to go on her show and get a hug!

But I don't see it happening :)

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 07:53 PM
He might have to go on her show and get a hug!

But I don't see it happening :)

Screw the hug.....if I was on Oprah I would want the damn car!

No_Skill
11-30-2010, 09:09 PM

How many times has god's gift been sacked this year?

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 09:10 PM

And you better hope you have god's second gift as a backup!!:nod:

Trim
11-30-2010, 09:11 PM
So, anyone seen 'em out practicing yet today?

Walkon79
11-30-2010, 09:17 PM
And you better hope you have god's second gift as a backup!!:nod:

As a matter of fact we do. Our backup would probably start for you. Cody Kempt was our full time starter last year until he got injured. He would start for all but a few BSC teams.

CAS4127
11-30-2010, 09:18 PM
As a matter of fact we do. Our backup would probably start for you. Cody Kempt was our full time starter last year until he got injured. He would start for all but a few BSC teams.

Like UND for example!:D Does he have crazy speed too?

Grizzled
11-30-2010, 10:20 PM
So, anyone seen 'em out practicing yet today?

They will practice outside tonight and tomorrow night. Maybe get inside for thursday.

I think it looks pretty cool to be out practicing in this but one thing I worry about is getting proper looks. CAS can attest that its hard to go full speed with this weather and some players focus more on the weather than practice. I can't blame them either, its f'in cold outside. I would trade a week of indoor full length practices than having pictures of our guys practicing outside in the snow. Just my opinion though.

Walkon79
11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Like UND for example!:D Does he have crazy speed too?

Did I say anyone had crazy speed?

No_Skill
11-30-2010, 10:43 PM

Inside joke.

WYOBISONMAN
11-30-2010, 10:45 PM

An inside joke.....a reference to a preseason comment by the Grand Forks media about the UND football team (which finished with a meager 3-8 record).

CelticCat
11-30-2010, 10:48 PM

If you are referring to McGhee, 13 times.

For all this talk about sacking the crap outta our QB, I was a little surprised to see the Bison only have 3 more sacks on the year than the Cats do, in one more game played.

CelticCat
11-30-2010, 10:51 PM
And we do have a capable backup, he was our starter for most of the last 2 years, mostly last year, but didn't play in several games due to injury. He transferred from Oregon but never really wowed anyone, but he is capable. Big arm.

NDSUstudent
11-30-2010, 10:54 PM
If you are referring to McGhee, 13 times.

For all this talk about sacking the crap outta our QB, I was a little surprised to see the Bison only have 3 more sacks on the year than the Cats do, in one more game played.

How many QB hurries? There is more to pressuring the QB than just sacks...

IBleedYellow
11-30-2010, 10:56 PM
That's our boys. Who will be bringing us another Playoff game at home. I can feel it.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 11:01 PM

wtf, all but a few????? wow you're a HUGE homer

NDSUFan_Sav
11-30-2010, 11:03 PM
How many QB hurries? There is more to pressuring the QB than just sacks...

we lost our main Defensive Lineman for 2 games i think? and wasn't full time in the 3rd game? we've shown stats on here somewhere what the difference he made, if he played those 2 games I think we go 8-3 and probably wouldn't be playing you this weekend.

NDSUstudent
11-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I found the stat I was looking for

MSU QB hurries 28
NDSU QB hurries in our past five games 38

NDSU has 54 on the season and yes both sacks and QB hurries really dropped off when Gratzek was out.

CelticCat
11-30-2010, 11:21 PM

I don't think he is a huge homer, but I wouldn't say all but a few temas. I would take Kempt (our backup) over the PSU QB, ISU QB, UNC QB, and maybe, maybe Roper at UM.

So yes I do think that our backup would have started at at least 3 BSC schools.

cats2506
11-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Inside joke.

"crazy speed" must be like "scary good"

EndZoneQB
11-30-2010, 11:47 PM
"crazy speed" must be like "scary good"

Basically. Long story short, the Grand Forks media spun it to sound like the new recruits coming in at UND had "crazy speed". I wish we still had the article, but it has pretty much taken over this board lol

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-01-2010, 12:51 AM

I here ya, man........

cats2506
12-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Basically. Long story short, the Grand Forks media spun it to sound like the new recruits coming in at UND had "crazy speed". I wish we still had the article, but it has pretty much taken over this board lol

A few years back Bobby Hauck (um) was quoted as saying that the team looked "scary good" so its a standard joke now.

Same deal

No_Skill
12-01-2010, 02:34 AM
I found the stat I was looking for

MSU QB hurries 28
NDSU QB hurries in our past five games 38

NDSU has 54 on the season and yes both sacks and QB hurries really dropped off when Gratzek was out.

I really think this will win or lose it for us. We turn mister wonderful into mister uncomfortable and we win.

NDSUstudent
12-01-2010, 02:56 AM
I really think this will win or lose it for us. We turn mister wonderful into mister uncomfortable and we win.

MSU fans seem to be getting more and more confident in taking it to our defense. One poster over there said they'd gain 400+ yards with ease. I've never seen a fanbase so infatuated with extrapolating stats, many of which are meaningless. I mean Ill St and YSU gashed us, but they did it against a different defense. UNI threw an offensive and defensive scheme we had never seen before, we have a ton of film on MSU. That is why I like trends and our last five games defensively are phenomenal...

38 QBH
12 Sacks
1 safety
7 INT
7 FF
3 defensive TDs
39 TFL
13 pts per game given up(against what were four top 30 scoring offenses)

RowdyRabbit
12-01-2010, 03:03 AM
GREAT pics!

Now THAT is how football should be played (practiced)!

cats2506
12-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Great so no that your boys are sick from practicing in 18 degree weather the game forcast is moderating, highs in the 30s, partly cloudy but mostly sunny, with 4-5 mph wind out ot the southwest (blocked by the skyboxes)

The surface will be fast :nod:

4mcruenomore
12-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Pictures of Dacotah Field always give me goose bumps.

DrZ
12-01-2010, 04:32 AM
MSU fans seem to be getting more and more confident in taking it to our defense. One poster over there said they'd gain 400+ yards with ease. I've never seen a fanbase so infatuated with extrapolating stats, many of which are meaningless. I mean Ill St and YSU gashed us, but they did it against a different defense. UNI threw an offensive and defensive scheme we had never seen before, we have a ton of film on MSU. That is why I like trends and our last five games defensively are phenomenal...

38 QBH
12 Sacks
1 safety
7 INT
7 FF
3 defensive TDs
39 TFL
13 pts per game given up(against what were four top 30 scoring offenses)
Be careful. We don't want to confuse things with too many facts.:nod: They certainly provide an insight to the stability our guys have created when it counts..... late in the season.

MSUcats91
12-01-2010, 04:51 AM
Pictures of Dacotah Field always give me goose bumps.

BTW, I love the motley crue in KISS makeup picture! never seen that before.

mgbison
12-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Whoever wins the turnover margin, wins the game.

Looking at the game, MSU's offense isn't any better than WIU, ISU, etc. We were the oddball MVFC team this year. We won games playing defense and special teams.

A lot of MSU fans (esp on bobcatnation) talk about their speed on offense. I am willing to bet a good chunck of change that their team speed is nowhere near that of UNI. MSU's QB is probably a better passer, but Rennie and the UNI receivers are the fastest team we will see all year.

Walkon79
12-01-2010, 05:27 PM
An inside joke.....a reference to a preseason comment by the Grand Forks media about the UND football team (which finished with a meager 3-8 record).

Sorry, I'm acclimated to Griz fans and smack comments on a football thread. Good luck on Saturday and welcome to Bozeman. If you haven't been there before you're in for a treat.

Walkon79
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Guilty :):):)

NDSUFan_Sav
12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
trim and if anyone else is wondering they will be practicing tonight and tomorrow night gueasing around 730-8ish

Trim
12-01-2010, 09:24 PM
trim and if anyone else is wondering they will be practicing tonight and tomorrow night gueasing around 730-8ish

Thanks for the info!